hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Can KP let us know if the club have any awareness of this?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You keep having a go at the club.

Do they have any knowledge of these plans for Friday?

Is it maybe a half-arsed attempt by some fans which officially has nothing to do with the club?
    Even if there have been no agreement in place, they should be looking at ways in this game to maximise attendance and/or atmosphere. As it stands the club do the same every time we have a cup tie that will not attract a huge crowd, and the result will be the same, poor sales and horrendous atmosphere. Half arsed is exactly what it is. Again, I’ll reiterate, there is no family pricing, there is nothing to state that their is a family only area, yet it is impossible to buy a single ticket. Mental. If people want to spend their money, in a seat that hasn’t been purchased yet, why stop them?

It genuinely shouldn’t take fans to come up to the club with ideas to maximum these things, we have professionals in place who are failing the ticketing side of the club. The fact we physically can’t sell out the derby as it stands because it has single seats in the ‘family’ stand is mental.
    Last edited by hibbysam; 24-02-2020 at 08:50 AM.

You keep having a go at the club.

Do they have any knowledge of these plans for Friday?

Is it maybe a half-arsed attempt by some fans which officially has nothing to do with the club?
    Starting to look that way. Perhaps the club may have knowledge of it but weren't made aware of it in enough time to properly organise something that would work. If the club were truly on board with testing this, they would have made that section unreserved and allowed purchase of single seats.

Either way, its been poorly planned and without a way to purchase single seats without a child its not going to work.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Even if there have been no agreement in place, they should be looking at ways in this game to maximise attendance and/or atmosphere. As it stands the club do the same every time we have a cup tie that will not attract a huge crowd, and the result will be the same, poor sales and horrendous atmosphere. Half arsed is exactly what it is. Again, I’ll reiterate, there is no family pricing, there is nothing to state that their is a family only area, yet it is impossible to buy a single ticket. Mental. If people want to spend their money, in a seat that hasn’t been purchased yet, why stop them?
    Possibly the club want to keep the FF lower as a family section, at least for the time being.

Have you even stopped to consider this?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    It has been arranged with the club. Your selective reading to suit your own opinion is beyond tiresome.
    There's nothing official about this that anyone can see? It would be helpful if you could share correspondence from the club confirming this. Would certainly clear everything up for those heading to the game on Friday

Or maybe Chuck & any others involved could post the confirmation (emails?) that they received from the club that it's going ahead.
    Possibly, but it would be better to hear from the club as that puts an end to the speculation.
    Last edited by Chorley Hibee; 24-02-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    There's a poster on here (Chuck) who is adamant the club are aware of this.

However, upon trying to purchase tickets this morning the same restrictions remain in place.

It really needs the club to clarify the situation now.
    There's a difference between the club 'being aware' of singing sections plans and 'being onboard' i.e. allowing single seats purchase.

I suspect the club may have been informed of the plans but potentially too late and their hands may be tied in the sense that the singing section have overlooked the ticket purchase issue and didn't try to negotiate this with Hibs in advance.

I'm speculating here of course. Some clarification needed

Possibly the club want to keep the FF lower as a family section, at least for the time being.

Have you even stopped to consider this?
    And for this game we have sold next to no tickets in that area. If they want a family area, create family pricing, make people aware of this on the ticketing information. As it is we will have a couple of hundred folk dotted around this area on a Friday night. Have the club considered the fact that young boys and girls absolutely love the noise, the drum, the atmosphere? And that this would actually keep them interested and want to keep coming back, going to school on Monday singing hibs chants and telling their pals about it?

Just when i thought it was almost safe to dust down the season ticket i wasted £400 blabs on at the start of the season a thread like this appears.

The genuine fear amongst a fairly sizeable element of our support that people might want to actually create a bit of atmosphere which is blatantly missing from our once hostile home is incredible.

The club should be firmly behind this idea, why they arent is beyond me. Absolutely hammers home the fact that as fans, we are massively down the pecking order of the clubs priorities.

You'd think the club would promote this across social media as they're quick enough to promote anything else. Sounds to me they don't want to drum up interest and would rather see it fail

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Begbie79 View Post

The genuine fear amongst a fairly sizeable element of our support that people might want to actually create a bit of atmosphere ...
    That's a new one on me.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 24-02-2020 at 09:03 AM.

And for this game we have sold next to no tickets in that area. If they want a family area, create family pricing, make people aware of this on the ticketing information. As it is we will have a couple of hundred folk dotted around this area on a Friday night. Have the club considered the fact that young boys and girls absolutely love the noise, the drum, the atmosphere? And that this would actually keep them interested and want to keep coming back, going to school on Monday singing hibs chants and telling their pals about it?
    Maybe. I don't know.

As it stands, for this season it's still the family section - rightly or wrongly depending on your opinion.

As is usual (and correct) for cup matches, ST hiolders get first shout on their seats, therefore it remains a family section.

That's the way it is. It can maybe be improved upon but I don't see how it's "half-arsed".

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    That's a new one on me.
    Whats new about it? its blatantly obvious.

Just when i thought it was almost safe to dust down the season ticket i wasted £400 blabs on at the start of the season a thread like this appears.

The genuine fear amongst a fairly sizeable element of our support that people might want to actually create a bit of atmosphere which is blatantly missing from our once hostile home is incredible.

The club should be firmly behind this idea, why they arent is beyond me. Absolutely hammers home the fact that as fans, we are massively down the pecking order of the clubs priorities.
    Nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    You'd think the club would promote this across social media as they're quick enough to promote anything else. Sounds to me they don't want to drum up interest and would rather see it fail
    You're assuming they have something to so with it.

Don't think anyone should be rushing to criticise the club for this before it has been confirmed that the singing section informed Hibs about this plan in advance of ticket sales.

The club should have been given adequate notice of this plan so that the ticket issue could be sorted.

That may well have happened but there's been no evidence yet to suggest the club were aware of this in advance.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Whats new about it? its blatantly obvious.
    Don't be stupid. No-one is fearful of creating an atmosphere.

If you don't understand the opposing argument, you'll never win yours.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Is it?

Anyway. Just a thought for beyond Friday.

If those pushing for it came together, quantified demand and put a case forward that there would be more ST's sold in that area than there is currently, and therefor no (or far less) empty seats, then I suspect they'd listen. Perhaps any surplus ST income could initially be used to soften the blow for people having to relocate? i.e. reduced ST's in the West/FFU for the first season after moving. Offering the club something back in return might be a good starting point.

I definitely think the numbers have to be big (certainly more than is currently sold in that section) and will also be ST's only. Otherwise it'll look silly when the section is half empty for a number of games after complaining about that very issue.

Establishing ST numbers in the FFL would let you get a target to beat.

FWIW I thinking the club are always open to dialog from supporters. Ultimately though they will need to be persuaded though a substantiated approach. A few disgruntled voices on social media and some random emails isn't (IMO) the best way forward. I'm certain a compelling case would start a conversation.

Just some thoughts.

Our group will be remaining in the East as we feel it's a far better view, closer to the away support etc, but good luck to those pushing to move to the FFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Don't be stupid. No-one is fearful of creating an atmosphere.

If you don't understand the opposing argument, you'll never win yours.
    How is it stupid?? bizarre thing to come away with if you ask me.

The club need to grow a set of balls over this if you ask me. Give the singing section half of the FF Lower at first then hopefully the lot.

Re-Homing the people that sit on their hands in a quarter full stand every week shouldn't be a problem, even if it means the club knocking a bit of their season tickets next season.

Maybe. I don't know.

As it stands, for this season it's still the family section - rightly or wrongly depending on your opinion.

As is usual (and correct) for cup matches, ST hiolders get first shout on their seats, therefore it remains a family section.

That's the way it is. It can maybe be improved upon but I don't see how it's "half-arsed".
    What is correct for cup matches is that we maximise attendance and atmosphere. The status quo isn’t working, as you can see by the uptake in tickets before the deadline, people aren’t that arsed for their own seat.

Saying ‘that’s the way it is’ isn’t going to improve anything, just because it fails now, doesn’t mean we need to keep failing it. We don’t even promote it as a family section so how are newcomers to our stadium going to be aware of this?

If you had no clue about Easter road, but fancied the game on Friday night with your wife and kids, would you know there was a family stand?

Get the end sections closed, the top tiers closed, fill the middle/bottom sections before opening these up and get the place buzzing on Friday night, instead because a handful of people are sacred over a piece of plastic that they paid for for league games only, while getting a 10% discount, we will have zero atmosphere and tiny pockets of fans dotted around the stadium.

My kids and I have relocated to the East for this game to open up 5 seats for the singing section.
    Let's see how it works.
    Whilst I like my seats with the kids I'd be happy to relocate in the stadium as long as it was to somewhere with a decent view and we were kept together.
    Why not even try moving the family section to the FF upper and putting in safe standing for the singing section in the FF lower?

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Is it?

If those pushing for it came together, quantified demand and put a case forward that there would be more ST's sold in that area than there is currently, and therefor no (or far less) empty seats, then I suspect they'd listen. Perhaps any surplus ST income could initially be used to soften the blow for people having to relocate? i.e. reduced ST's in the West/FFU for the first season after moving. Offering the club something back in return might be a good starting point.

I definitely think the numbers have to be big (certainly more than is currently sold in that section) and will also be ST's only. Otherwise it'll look silly when the section is half empty for a number of games after complaining about that very issue.

FWIW I thinking the club are always open to dialog from supporters. Ultimately though they will need to be persuaded though a substantiated approach. A few disgruntled voices on social media and some random emails isn't (IMO) the best way forward. I'm certain a compelling case would start a conversation.

Just some thoughts.

Our group will be remaining in the East as we feel it's a far better view, closer to the away support etc, but good luck to those pushing to move to the FFL.
    They listened to a few emails and disgruntled fans over the loyalty points issue, certainly doesn’t have to be a majority.

I’m not even just on about this singing section move, for cup games the club needs to be proactive and take the initiative to make it a better place to come to, and therefore sell as many tickets as possible and create a better atmosphere. The status quo doesn’t allow for that, it has been proven time and time again.

They listened to a few emails and disgruntled fans over the loyalty points issue, certainly doesn’t have to be a majority.

I’m not even just on about this singing section move, for cup games the club needs to be proactive and take the initiative to make it a better place to come to, and therefore sell as many tickets as possible and create a better atmosphere. The status quo doesn’t allow for that, it has been proven time and time again.
    Apologies. I was only trying to offer a suggestion moving forward. To make a strong case to the club. I hadn't realised you had already approached the club about cup games.

What is correct for cup matches is that we maximise attendance and atmosphere. The status quo isn’t working, as you can see by the uptake in tickets before the deadline, people aren’t that arsed for their own seat.

Saying ‘that’s the way it is’ isn’t going to improve anything, just because it fails now, doesn’t mean we need to keep failing it. We don’t even promote it as a family section so how are newcomers to our stadium going to be aware of this?

If you had no clue about Easter road, but fancied the game on Friday night with your wife and kids, would you know there was a family stand?

Get the end sections closed, the top tiers closed, fill the middle/bottom sections before opening these up and get the place buzzing on Friday night, instead because a handful of people are sacred over a piece of plastic that they paid for for league games only, while getting a 10% discount, we will have zero atmosphere and tiny pockets of fans dotted around the stadium.
    I admire your optimism.

It's a Friday night match against 2nd tier Inverness, it's live on the BBC and the weather will probably stll be honking.

You could make the FF lower a singing section with free entry - the stadium will still be half (or a third) empty.

I think the singing section relocating to the FF lower could be a great thing and possibly help to grow that section of the fanbase, particularly in the younger generation coming through who are looking to get involved.

It needs to be planned, communicated, tested etc. though in the right way in order to get the club fully behind it. Otherwise there is the risk that support for it will subside.

Can we have confirmation from someone in the singing section as to what palnning went into this and what the communication with the club was on it?

I admire your optimism.

It's a Friday night match against 2nd tier Inverness, it's live on the BBC, the weather will probably stll be honking.

You could make the FF lower a singing section with free entry - the stadium will still be half (or a third) empty.
    Correct, finally something we agree on. That surely gave the club the best chance to try new ideas. No tickets are pre-purchased like season tickets are, so haven’t the excuse of upsetting others. Those that do attend can be tight together and not dotted around which will increase the atmosphere. As it stands, it looks like the stadium will be at least half empty.

Apologies. I was only trying to offer a suggestion moving forward. To make a strong case to the club. I hadn't realised you had already approached the club about cup games.
    ‘Proactive’ - the club have highly paid individuals for doing the best they can, in all situations. Simply saying ‘that’s the way it always has been so that’s the way it will be’ is failing the ticketing side of it. Like I said, it shouldn’t take people approaching them with ideas for them to try things out to improve it. And even when they do get approached they are reluctant to change the status quo.

Is it?

Just some thoughts.

I'm sure you'll find that a high percentage of the FFL is currently sold out. I sit there with my kids and I can understand why people might think that the empty spaces mean seats are available but if you look for tickets for a cup game before the ST priority period is over you'll realise that unsold seats are actually few and far between in the FFL.
    A lot of people with kids have loads of other commitments and so don't get to a lot of games. Personally, between my own health and my kids own football commitments we only make just over half the games. I always try and pass our ST's to a friend or family member when we can't make it along but our seats will be completely empty 25% of the time.

For what it's worth, as I mentioned before I'd be happy to relocate as long as it was to seats with a decent view (not stuck in a corner at low level) and we were kept together.
    A swap to the FF Upper to allow safe standing for the singing section in the FF Lower might be a decent option.

Correct, finally something we agree on. That surely gave the club the best chance to try new ideas. No tickets are pre-purchased like season tickets are, so haven’t the excuse of upsetting others. Those that do attend can be tight together and not dotted around which will increase the atmosphere. As it stands, it looks like the stadium will be at least half empty.
    ‘Proactive’ - the club have highly paid individuals for doing the best they can, in all situations. Simply saying ‘that’s the way it always has been so that’s the way it will be’ is failing the ticketing side of it. Like I said, it shouldn’t take people approaching them with ideas for them to try things out to improve it. And even when they do get approached they are reluctant to change the status quo.
    Last season, ST sales and average attendances were at a record high.

Maybe the club were thinking along the lines of "if it's no' burst, don't fix it"?

Last season, ST sales and average attendances were at a record high.

Maybe the club were thinking along the lines of "if it's no' burst, don't fix it"?
    Season tickets, league games, all fine and well. Run of the mill cup games are totally different, they do need fixed. I wouldn’t be advocating experimenting at league games right now as the attendances are up and have been for a few years. Even folk wanting to lower those prices I’m not keen. We are now 4 days from this cup tie though and we genuinely have about 3/4 of available tickets still up for sale.

We had 10k at the Dundee United game, 6.5k at Morton game, presumably less/same at the group stage games.

Last year 7k vs Elgin, 9k vs raith.

Now I get we may not improve the numbers as the games aren’t exactly mouth watering, but we can do something about those in the stadium and how to maximise the atmosphere.

We also do nothing in these games to price them correctly and while I agree both teams need to agree, our pricing is always the exact same which leads me to believe our club are partly (at least) responsible for this.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    I'm sure you'll find that a high percentage of the FFL is currently sold out. I sit there with my kids and I can understand why people might think that the empty spaces mean seats are available but if you look for tickets for a cup game before the ST priority period is over you'll realise that unsold seats are actually few and far between in the FFL.
    A lot of people with kids have loads of other commitments and so don't get to a lot of games. Personally, between my own health and my kids own football commitments we only make just over half the games. I always try and pass our ST's to a friend or family member when we can't make it along but our seats will be completely empty 25% of the time.

For what it's worth, as I mentioned before I'd be happy to relocate as long as it was to seats with a decent view (not stuck in a corner at low level) and we were kept together.
    A swap to the FF Upper to allow safe standing for the singing section in the FF Lower might be a decent option.
    Totally with you. I used to take my youngest to the FFL (which is a great environment for their first experience) and there are a number of reasons why they can't come to every game. I'd also suggest, as you do, that the FFL has a high number of ST's sold.

I was just trying to make sense of the current criticism of the club and offer a suggestion.