hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't believe that restriction is normally in place?

Looks like Hibs trying to hinder this already.

Look at tickets for the derby, only single seats left in the FFL, does this mean these cant be sold, unless you are a child going alone?

Edit - just tested purchasing a child ticket only and it comes up with an error saying it needs to be accompanied by an adult. Meaning the derby can now not sale out.

Definitely think Hibs have just added this stipulation on the back of this thread.
    I've got a ST with my son in the FFL, this has been the case all season if i want to add another ticket for my brother or dad or that, i have to ring the ticket office, can't buy single seats.

I'm actually in section 19 too, don't mind moving, in fact, if i can get to the upper for a game would be nice for a different view! Never been up there, i take it you can just take the side door from the lower?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    He was talking about people ‘moving to that area’ and respecting the wishes of those who sit there regularly. No one is talking about sitting in seats other people has purchased, but just because you sit there every week doesn’t give you anymore right than anyone else.
    I've re-read it and he was talking about someone being in his seat (as shown by his reply).

Of course it doesn't give anyone any more right than anyone else, unless that someone else is in your seat, in which case you 100% have more right than them to that seat.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I've re-read it and he was talking about someone being in his seat (as shown by his reply).

Of course it doesn't give anyone any more right than anyone else, unless that someone else is in your seat, in which case you 100% have more right than them to that seat.
    Fair enough, I agree that you sit in the seat you paid for. I interpreted it slightly differently. Although it doesn’t look like making any difference with our utter nonsensical ticketing arrangements.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Fair enough, I agree that you sit in the seat you paid for. I interpreted it slightly differently. Although it doesn’t look like making any difference with our utter nonsensical ticketing arrangements.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

If the derby sells out and the FF lower has several gaps on the night of the match Hibs really need to make changes for next season.

I don’t think the club will as they have spent £ doing up parts of the FF concourse. But it would be breath of fresh air and give the stadium a different outlook moving forward.

Suggestions I’ve made before..

Cup games - sell lower tier only. If fans want to sit higher up either wait till they open upper tier (if demand exists) or sit in East Stand.

Unless cup games are included in ST price once again - just release them 1st cup 1st served. This reserved seat stuff is a waste of time when cup games rarely sell out. I have a decent seat in East but I’m really not that precious over it if it means it benefits the team. Would maybe encourage fans to buy tickets quicker to get better seats.

Family section - allow families to stay in that section but open new family section in lower South or lower West. There are seats available in these areas. South lower fans get priority for Cat A games elsewhere in stadium ( these are the games kids don’t always attend).

Move the singing section directly behind the goal or East.

Get rid of the nonsense of restricting ticket sales in FF lower.

Move fans back to FF upper who lost their seats originally for the signing section.

We all want the team to be doing better and ER to improve atmosphere - currently its flat and change is needed otherwise ST sales will drop as fans get fed up and the match day experience deteriorates.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 23-02-2020 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Just one question. I don’t mind this initiative at all but I’m one of quite a few folk who do sit there every home game - come rain or shine. Have the guys been told that they should only sit/stand in the seat the ticket relates to? If anybody is in my seat they’ll be asked to move.
    It's not an issue really if you don't want to move join in the singalong and atmosphere ....

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    A lot of criticism towards Hibs about the single seats being unavailable in the FFL.

This is something that also happens when booking theatre tickets so it is more likely that it's part of ticketmaster systems.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    A lot of criticism towards Hibs about the single seats being unavailable in the FFL.

This is something that also happens when booking theatre tickets so it is more likely that it's part of ticketmaster systems.
    They are unavailable as you need to buy a child ticket with every adult ticket so it's self inflicted.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    They are unavailable as you need to buy a child ticket with every adult ticket so it's self inflicted.

Correct. The same discussion was had before the last derby as well

If we were designing the stadium from scratch then I'd have the singing section in the Famous Five Lower.

But we're not. We have to consider those who are already there. What happens if someone has already bought their tickets for section 19 and then finds that their child can't see because of people standing in front? Are they to just disappear from their seats?

If this was to be done then it needed to be properly planned before any tickets were sold.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    If we were designing the stadium from scratch then I'd have the singing section in the Famous Five Lower.

But we're not. We have to consider those who are already there. What happens if someone has already bought their tickets for section 19 and then finds that their child can't see because of people standing in front? Are they to just disappear from their seats?

If this was to be done then it needed to be properly planned before any tickets were sold.
    I’m fairly sure the kids will love the atmosphere, I know I and many others did when I was that age. More chance of this making them want to keep turning up than sitting with 100 empty seats around them freezing cold.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I was only talking about the 'inconvenience' part. I agree with you on the 'common decency' but sitting in a different seat, with just as good a view, is hardly an inconvenience.

I think it would have been a better approach to arrange something with the club first, but it would be nice to see this working and an improvement in the atmosphere.
    It has been arranged with the club. Your selective reading to suit your own opinion is beyond tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I was only talking about the 'inconvenience' part. I agree with you on the 'common decency' but sitting in a different seat, with just as good a view, is hardly an inconvenience.

I think it would have been a better approach to arrange something with the club first, but it would be nice to see this working and an improvement in the atmosphere.
    I attempted to take this to the club as soon as the draw was made and I know it was put to them by KP before ticket sales had started.

The club chose to do the sales the normal way.

Opening up every section of the stadium and giving ST holders a priority to buy their own seat, when we all knew it was going to be a poorly attended game.

Maybe an important question is: why are so many season tickets purchased in the FFL lower and rarely used?

Best answered by those fans directly involved, who seem to remain silent on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    I attempted to take this to the club as soon as the draw was made and I know it was put to them by KP before ticket sales had started.

The club chose to do the sales the normal way.

Opening up every section of the stadium and giving ST holders a priority to buy their own seat, when we all knew it was going to be a poorly attended game.
    I would have opened up the east side of the south lower to home fans before the FFU and WU as at least then it would give the illusion of being full and would have given two ends with home fans to shoot into.

Instead we will have one likely half empty along with other sections of the group.

This has to be changed for next season so that if a cup tie isn't likely to sell out (unless it's Hearts then it's unlikely) then we open sections for season ticket holders to buy tickets on a first come first served basis then open up others as and when they are needed (famous five upper)

Not only would it look better but it would save money.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    It has been arranged with the club. Your selective reading to suit your own opinion is beyond tiresome.
    Why has there been no word about this from Hibs?

Nothing on the website.

Reality of what happens in the FFL is that LD made a decision ...supported by her Board at the time ...which was at the time and still to a greater extent was seen by the majority as a non starter or making it The Family Section of the ground. So as this type of initiative is attempted to be worked out by fans ...she will I suspect see it as a challenge to her belief that the club can support such a big prominent area of the ground for Families regardless of the facts that it's not working ...it seems to be one of her traits ( and I do genuinely have a lot of time for her and job she has and does) that she struggles to admit when she gets it wrong or is wrong ...although no evidence but I would think suspicions that the club aren't aiding this initiative are correct, they / she can hide behind that they are invoking normal ticketing process, as a means to potentially disprove the positive atmosphere that having the SS has there by limiting the numbers getting tickets for there ....or maybe the FFL is part of RG's Big Plan for the match experience being enhanced ...

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    Reality of what happens in the FFL is that LD made a decision ...supported by her Board at the time ...which was at the time and still to a greater extent was seen by the majority as a non starter or making it The Family Section of the ground. So as this type of initiative is attempted to be worked out by fans ...she will I suspect see it as a challenge to her belief that the club can support such a big prominent area of the ground for Families regardless of the facts that it's not working ...it seems to be one of her traits ( and I do genuinely have a lot of time for her and job she has and does) that she struggles to admit when she gets it wrong or is wrong ...although no evidence but I would think suspicions that the club aren't aiding this initiative are correct, they / she can hide behind that they are invoking normal ticketing process, as a means to potentially disprove the positive atmosphere that having the SS has there by limiting the numbers getting tickets for there ....or maybe the FFL is part of RG's Big Plan for the match experience being enhanced ...
    I agree 100% with this post

We should get into that section in numbers and prove her wrong...

I would have opened up the east side of the south lower to home fans before the FFU and WU as at least then it would give the illusion of being full and would have given two ends with home fans to shoot into.

Instead we will have one likely half empty along with other sections of the group.

This has to be changed for next season so that if a cup tie isn't likely to sell out (unless it's Hearts then it's unlikely) then we open sections for season ticket holders to buy tickets on a first come first served basis then open up others as and when they are needed (famous five upper)

Exactly.

Like the idea of all 4 sides with Hibs fans.

Even when the lower tiers are full it’s a decent atmosphere as everyone together.

I agree 100% with this post

We should get into that section in numbers and prove her wrong...

I don't think anything is stopping anyone buying tickets there for the cup game, you just have to buy a child ticket as well

If people are so determined to prove that the singing section would be better in the FFL then pay for two tickets and make double the noise

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Exactly.

Like the idea of all 4 sides with Hibs fans.

Even when the lower tiers are full it’s a decent atmosphere as everyone together.
    It's so frustrating when the answer to the problem is so bloody obvious but we keep going round in circles.

These changes need implemented from next season.

A few people may have their nose put out of joint because they can't get "their seat" but we get a better atmosphere and more chance of progressing in cup ties at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    Maybe an important question is: why are so many season tickets purchased in the FFL lower and rarely used?

Best answered by those fans directly involved, who seem to remain silent on the issue.
    Yep. 4 or 5 seats in the row in front of us are almost always empty, and they're good seats, dead centre and near the back.

It gives us a great view mind

Left by mutual consent!
    I would imagine closing the top tiers for cup games would be a cost saving too.

Less stewards, less catering staff etc

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    I would imagine closing the top tiers for cup games would be a cost saving too.

Less stewards, less catering staff etc
    Yep! We open up two sections when we could just open one.

Complete waste of money...

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    It's not an issue really if you don't want to move join in the singalong and atmosphere ....
    Which is what I’d be doing from the seat I’ve bought. It looks like the club have put a block on it again though anyway.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I cant understand why the club would sell season ticket holders their seats, and then allow the singing section to buy tickets next to them?

Its as if they really dont want to do it, and will have a ready made excuse when those who normally sit there complain about after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I cant understand why the club would sell season ticket holders their seats, and then allow the singing section to buy tickets next to them?

Its as if they really dont want to do it, and will have a ready made excuse when those who normally sit there complain about after the game.
    They clearly want it to fail.

Shambles...

@hibs.net private member
    Slightly off topic but I used to sit in the FFL with my nippers as it was the cheapest ticket in the ground. However, people took advantage of that and the amount of blokes sitting together with no kids was very high indeed. I thought it was a good decision by the club to say you had to buy a child seat too but it seems to have backfired

Doesn't make sense. What would be the point in selling cup tickets to season ticket holders first if they couldn't actually choose their season ticket seat to sit in? That's the entire point of them having a window of priority

So have the club scrapped the policy that you need to be accompanied by a child in FF lower for this game aye?

Can anyone explain why that policy was implemented in the first place as I'm not too clued up on why it was introduced? Just to make it a more family friendly area?