hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wasn’t a really a suggestion he shouldnt be playing cause he’s leaving though was it? I said i don’t think Macey would be happy to be dropped for a keeper who’s leaving when he hasn’t done anything to warrant being dropped. Even if Rocky wasn’t leaving, Macey has earned his spot in my eyes.
    Macey only got in to play cup games. He hasn’t done anything to earn that chance really - he was promised it and Rocky hasn’t done anything wrong to have been dropped.

He’s clearly first choice and that’s what we see out with the cup games.

And yes there was a suggestion on the thread that he’s leaving so the gloves should be Macey’s.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I've nothing at all against Rocky and would have been happy enough to see him continue with us had a contract been sorted out, but in what way has he been "an outstanding servant to the club"?

From what I've seen he's simply done his job, sometimes very well and sometimes not so well. He's had various layoffs with injury and personal issues (as can happen with anyone) and has also been acommodated in terms of his religion.

I sincerely hope the best for him in the future, but I don't hold him in the same esteem as many on here.
    With you all the way on this - been generally good for us these past 5 years so wish him all the best. He’s played very well today so far as well.

However - some of the over hyping of him, I’m guessing by fans that are a bit younger, is becoming a bit much.

Reflex saves have been superb at times but there have been some unconvincing times too.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Cracking keeper and I'd love to see him start next week, unlikely of course!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    With you all the way on this - been generally good for us these past 5 years so wish him all the best. He’s played very well today so far as well.

However - some of the over hyping of him, I’m guessing by fans that are a bit younger, is becoming a bit much.

Reflex saves have been superb at times but there have been some unconvincing times too.
    I’m not young by any means and he’s one of the best keepers we’ve had in my time supporting Hibs. That’s not over hyping, that’s just a fact.

Of course there are some times all keepers are ‘unconvincing’. He’s done a superb job of minimising those moments though which is all you can ask.

The strange thing for me is the amount of people now suggesting he hasn’t been a top keeper for us. Perhaps taking the huff because he’s leaving.

If we are going to get better than him for next season then brilliant.

Suspect we might not though.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    really going to miss Rocky :( wish him, shelley and young family all the very best for the future

i was reading her flight from Frankfurt to Israel turned around the other day due to Rocket attacks from Gaza, flying to israel to have their second wean

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I’m not young by any means and he’s one of the best keepers we’ve had in my time supporting Hibs. That’s not over hyping, that’s just a fact.

Of course there are some times all keepers are ‘unconvincing’. He’s done a superb job of minimising those moments though which is all you can ask.

The strange thing for me is the amount of people now suggesting he hasn’t been a top keeper for us. Perhaps taking the huff because he’s leaving.

There will be a lot of folk who won’t admit it even if we do end up stronger in the goalie department.

I’m certainly not in the huff - I’d have been happy for him to stay but I’ve never been super comfortable with him a lot of the time.

Like I say - he’s generally been good. ‘Top keeper’ is a matter of opinion though and not ‘fact’ though.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Macey only got in to play cup games. He hasn’t done anything to earn that chance really - he was promised it and Rocky hasn’t done anything wrong to have been dropped.

He’s clearly first choice and that’s what we see out with the cup games.

And yes there was a suggestion on the thread that he’s leaving so the gloves should be Macey’s.
    I don’t agree with the first part. He has performed well in the cup games to warrant his starting spot I think.

If he had been performing badly in the cup games then I suspect Rocky would start the final but he hasn’t.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Thank you Ofir.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Good luck Rocky

Thanks, Ofir, and all the very best for the future.

I stretch back to the Mike McDonald/Jim McArthur days, off all the keepers we have had since then I would rank Rocky only behind Jim Leighton and Andy Goram. Put Rocky just slightly ahead of Alan Rough.

All the very best to him and his family, they appear to have loved living here, and I hope he gets a really lucrative contract, which I don’t think he’ll have had so far in his career (even if it was to be one of the ugly sisters).

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post

just goes to show there’s no pleasing some. We’ve emerged from in any cases traumatic goal keeping experiences - are we expecting our keepers to be flawless?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I'd be playing Rocky in the final which has become more or less accepted now that Macy is and should be playing.
    I listened to Darren Mcgregor getting awarded his man of the match award on hibs TV and even he said he's the best he's seen at Easter Road and that's good enough for me.
    In no way am I having a dig at Macy and he's played well when called upon and played in all the rounds but I'm more from the play your best players when fit and available camp and Rocky is both

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    I don’t agree with the first part. He has performed well in the cup games to warrant his starting spot I think.

If he had been performing badly in the cup games then I suspect Rocky would start the final but he hasn’t.
    Yeah but he only got to play in those games in the first place by way of an arrangement. He didn’t earn it by being better than Rocky.

Thank you Ofir!

I presume Rocky will be on the bench next week so today wasn't definitely his last match (though it probably was). Macey could get injured in training or have to isolate due to Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    just goes to show there’s no pleasing some. We’ve emerged from in any cases traumatic goal keeping experiences - are we expecting our keepers to be flawless?
    Nope, and I didn’t say I wasn’t pleased with him overall. He’s been a good goalie for us for a good length of time.

All ether best Rocky, thank you for your excellent service

From what I’ve seen from his wife on Twitter I think Him and his family really settled and enjoyed their time in Edinburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    I'd be playing Rocky in the final which has become more or less accepted now that Macy is and should be playing.
    I listened to Darren Mcgregor getting awarded his man of the match award on hibs TV and even he said he's the best he's seen at Easter Road and that's good enough for me.
    In no way am I having a dig at Macy and he's played well when called upon and played in all the rounds but I'm more from the play your best players when fit and available camp and Rocky is both

He would have been fit and available in earlier rounds so presumably you'd have just played Rocky all along? I'm not sure that is the best way to use the squad or look after your number one keeper.

Other than that I'm in the camp that there has to be a pathway into the team. That players can get a chance and earn their spot. I agree that Rocky wasn't dropped (in the sense of having done anything wrong) but, having been given an opportunity, Macey has been worthy of further inclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    He would have been fit and available in earlier rounds so presumably you'd have just played Rocky all along? I'm not sure that is the best way to use the squad or look after your number one keeper.

Other than that I'm in the camp that there has to be a pathway into the team. That players can get a chance and earn their spot. I agree that Rocky wasn't dropped (in the sense of having done anything wrong) but, having been given an opportunity, Macey has been worthy of further inclusion.
    I probably would have played rocky all along or at least from the last 8.
    I'm just not a big fan changing your goal keeper based on the competition and think it should be all about who is the best keeper. But I can't argue if Macy is in goals as I expect now for the final

Firstly can I say I would like to wish him all the best, he's been with us for quite a while, and that in itself deserves a lot of credit. As far as his goalkeeping ability is concerned, he is a good, solid keeper, nothing remarkable but certainly not a bad keeper. I certainly wouldn't have minded if he was the keeper in the SC final either. It's difficult to compare him with any of our recent keepers cos most of them have been have been pretty **** TBH. The other thing was, did he not put in a transfer request, was it last season or the season before? Might be wrong but there was a strong rumour on here about it.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    I stretch back to the Mike McDonald/Jim McArthur days, off all the keepers we have had since then I would rank Rocky only behind Jim Leighton and Andy Goram. Put Rocky just slightly ahead of Alan Rough.

All the very best to him and his family, they appear to have loved living here, and I hope he gets a really lucrative contract, which I don’t think he’ll have had so far in his career (even if it was to be one of the ugly sisters).
    I come in around Gordon Marshall and I'd still agree.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I go back to Ronnie Simpson, dont think Rocky was as good as Roughie, but he has been a very good goalkeeper for Hibs and I would wish him awe the very best as long as he dont go to sevco.

I've nothing at all against Rocky and would have been happy enough to see him continue with us had a contract been sorted out, but in what way has he been "an outstanding servant to the club"?

From what I've seen he's simply done his job, sometimes very well and sometimes not so well. He's had various layoffs with injury and personal issues (as can happen with anyone) and has also been accommodated in terms of his religion.

I sincerely hope the best for him in the future, but I don't hold him in the same esteem as many on here.
    An international keeper that came to us in the championship, helped get us promoted, helped us to two of our best seasons ever points wise. No idea why the mention about accommodating his religion, very strange comment. He’s been outstanding, you just have to look at the clear feeling around social media regarding his last game today. The best this century and by a decent distance.

From what I've seen he's simply done his job, sometimes very well and sometimes not so well. He's had various layoffs with injury and personal issues (as can happen with anyone) and has also been accommodated in terms of his religion.

''sometimes very well'' - you mean, the vast majority of the time very well?

''sometimes not so well'' - rarely make a mistake

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Best goalie I’ve seen at hibs in my time watching them

There’s not been a good selection to choose from mind you

Thank you Rocky. Brilliant keeper.

Coaching Staff
    Any more info as to where he will end up next season? Was the Celtic connection just paper talk?