hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I loved Ralph Callachan. Just sayin’.

2. Log in to remove the advert

My favourite was a guy sat in front me at a game the season before last who stated that David Gray had 'never kicked a ****ing ball for Hibs' and was a '****ing imposter of a captain'. The utter idiocy of those statements make them amusing.

I also got stuck behind a moaning old codger and his son at the Ross County Cup game last season. The old boy berated Ross Laidlaw from 1st minute to last, eventually I had to say something and told him to give it a rest and shut up. He asked his son if he was going to let me speak to him like that and his reply was 'I agree with him, your doing my head in'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    For a few seasons it used to be Buster BloodVessel who sat in West Upper back row far South corner. I was convinced this guy was going to explode with rage. Turns out he is a member of my bowls club, he’s mellowed a bit these days 😂

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For a few seasons it used to be Buster BloodVessel who sat in West Upper back row far South corner. I was convinced this guy was going to explode with rage. Turns out he is a member of my bowls club, he’s mellowed a bit these days 😂
    AB?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Guys in the east a row in front of me on heckys first game were chanting “one Neil Lennon” and “who the **** is heckingbottom” as the teams came out. I “booed” there chants to which the wee dumpy guy out the group said “boo again I’ll kick your head In”. Asked him to try me which of course he never. The 4 guys that sit there are absolute ********s, all 40+ and act like absolute bairns. One week they were encouraging a wee laddie they were with who must’ve been 6 max to run on the pitch. Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    AB?
    Yes 👍

You know him from away games?

Yes 👍

You know him from away games?

Yes he used be a regular on the bus but recently he's not been on it every away game. I used to sit in the back row of the section along from him. Angry man.

Yes he used be a regular on the bus but recently he's not been on it every away game. I used to sit in the back row of the section along from him. Angry man.
    He’s a really nice guy, massive cricket fan and travels a lot to watch down South.

He’s a really nice guy, massive cricket fan and travels a lot to watch down South.

Aye, hes ok. . Yorkshire I think.

First Team Regular dalkeith stu's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibeestu07
    The guy sitting behind me at Hampden was going bananas when Fyvie let it run out for a corner!!! He seemed to be pretty happy about it 30 seconds later!!

For two seasons I had a ST in the FF Lower, Section 20, and there were two old guys that everybody round us referred to as Waldorf and Stadtler....and boy did they live up (or down?) to their names.

They weren't as bad as the guy about two rows in front that used to spend the whole 80 minutes* he was at the game shouting and swearing at everybody and everything, with his young son sat next to him.

* He always left in disgust with about ten minutes left.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    When I sat in the West Upper, I was next to a guy who hated Whittaker in his first spell at Hibs. I finally snapped and told him it’d be years til we got someone as good at right back. I wonder if he now slates SDG? Wouldn’t be surprised.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

First Team Breakthrough
    Iv a mate who hates Darren Jackson so much ,even when he scored against Dundee Utd at Tynecastle in the LC semi final he wouldn't celebrate him scoring just stood with a face on him
    Last edited by hibsboy07; 16-07-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gogs_t View Post
    One of my favourite Hibs goals!

There was guy in the South Enclosure when I used to stand behind the dugout who had a total dislike for Ally MacLeod (and a few other as well but MacLeod got the brunt of it!) but he generally referred to him as 'YOU' instaed of using his name. Every game he'd shout and scream at MacLeod "What was that YOU?" "You're a waste of space YOU!" while his face would go red and be about to explode. A few seasons later, I was in the terracing and the guy was close to me and I wondered who his ire was aimed at now. Didn't take long - step up Gareth Evans. He shouted at him the whole game even though Evans scored 2 goals and eventually came out with the classic "are you incapable of a hat trick Evans?"
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by bigswissstriker View Post
    Guys in the east a row in front of me on heckys first game were chanting “one Neil Lennon” and “who the **** is heckingbottom” as the teams came out. I “booed” there chants to which the wee dumpy guy out the group said “boo again I’ll kick your head In”. Asked him to try me which of course he never. The 4 guys that sit there are absolute ********s, all 40+ and act like absolute bairns. One week they were encouraging a wee laddie they were with who must’ve been 6 max to run on the pitch. Idiots
    There are some clowns around

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Semi final v Celtic at Hampden 1989. We went a goal down in 4 minutes when Mick Mccarthy scored. 3 down before 30 minutes. Was only 12 but remember the guy in front of me going absolutely crazy from the first goal. Constant abuse to the point everyone around was looking at him, complete loss of control.

Always remember after the third a fan along from us walked over, tapped him on the shoulder and said "We're all suffering pal". Guy called it spot on and completely defused a situation that was going to end badly. Never heard anymore abuse after that. Game was bad enough.
    Last edited by Baader; 16-07-2019 at 08:56 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Used to be an old guy that sat in the FFL in the mid 90s who is probably long gone now. I had a ST there and he just used to shout at nobody in particular. He'd shout things like get yer finger oot, or get intae that bugger. his shouts were comedy gold but he also used to spit his false teeth out in the middle of said shouts much to the amusement of those around him.
    It was 'Auld' Davey, although he was not that old. Passed away a few years ago. He once referred to Kilmarnock as 'Monkeybams'. 😅

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Know the exact guys you’re talking about

Were slating Scott Allan when he was on loan at us from Celtic as well

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Haven't read the thread but if anything beats this then it must have been bad!

https://youtu.be/sh0UY3poy90

Coaching Staff
    I was at the now famous relegation battle between us and Airdrie In the early 60’s when things were so dire, that a guy in the terracing where the now east stand is carried out his famous silent protest.

The ball was kicked out of play and landed near him.

He grabbed it, turned around and raced ball in hand, up the terracing, including the old high terracing, raised the ball above his head and threw it down the embankment.

The crowd cheered and he got huckled, and as he was frogmarched around the stadium and the sparse crowd, everybody applauded and cheered him.

Thankfully Hibs managed to block any charges and even gave him a couple of tickets for the stand at a forthcoming game.

The then chairman, who I think was Harrower, was quoted along the lines of ‘ can’t blame him. The way we were playing I felt like throwing the ball out the park too....’

One of those football memories you remember for ever.
    Last edited by Forza Fred; 17-07-2019 at 02:27 AM. Reason: .

Testimonial Due
    The funniest moaning I heard was a hippy on the big old East terrace in the last game 74/75 versus Abroath. A draw would give us second place.
    The guy was stoned and when ever a pass went astray or a a shot was well off target he would shout "far out Hibs". When we put a good move or shot together he would shout "cool Hibs". A last gasp save and what a "bummer Hibs". On Stanton as he strode through the midfield with great elegance then "what a cool cat". All this while smoking joints throughout the match.
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 17-07-2019 at 10:25 AM.

First Team Regular dalkeith stu's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibeestu07
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Haven't read the thread but if anything beats this then it must have been bad!

https://youtu.be/sh0UY3poy90

To be fair they had a point!!!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Imagine being so consumed with rage at a person who plays football for your own club. I just don't get it.

Those guys are nothing but a bunch of bigots. Sadly they seem to have a small following of younger fans that seem to idolise them.

If you're not a died in the wool Irish Republican, can't trace your family back to the Cowgate Irish diaspora and don't know all the words to "Sean South" then you're a 'Hunbernian' to them.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I mind we signed this guy called Joe Newell who was labelled as ***** just minutes into his first competitive game. Thankfully we seem to have moved on from such premature judgement.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I mind we signed this guy called Joe Newell who was labelled as ***** just minutes into his first competitive game. Thankfully we seem to have moved on from such premature judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy07 View Post
    Iv a mate who hates Darren Jackson so much ,even when he scored against Dundee Utd at Tynecastle in the LC semi final he wouldn't celebrate him scoring just stood with a face on him
    If your on about Nigel then I was stood next to him,couldnt believe he never celebrated whilst everyone else was going daft

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Those guys are nothing but a bunch of bigots. Sadly they seem to have a small following of younger fans that seem to idolise them.

If you're not a died in the wool Irish Republican, can't trace your family back to the Cowgate Irish diaspora and don't know all the words to "Sean South" then you're a 'Hunbernian' to them.
    I was getting it stinking on a Facebook post last week by a few folk and told 'my type' wasn't welcome at Easter Road as I had the audacity to ask what IRA sloganism that had been posted on a Hibs supporters page, who had added me btw, had to do with Hibs
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    I once sat beside Grumpy Gibby, the North Stand Hibby. Despite the fact he was dead (had been killed in the boer wars) he could do some moaning, talked a loadypish the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    The "taken a shine" was tongue in cheek...that is his view on Lewis - not mine.
    Doh! Sorry 🤐