hibs.net Messageboard

Page 160 of 302 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,800 of 9037
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought "Rangers" wanted to get out of the Scottish leagues. Now they want two teams in them. F*****g idiots.

Is it not a Trojan horse?

The colt teams get established in the scottish league, and then the big teams try and force their move into the EPL.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I'm opposed to the Colts idea unless it's open to every top flight team & that's unworkable. It does work pretty well in Portugal where they can't be promoted beyond 2nd tier.
    Yeah it has to be across the board of it happens. No point giving two teams who already enjoy a massive advantage over everyone else a bigger boost.

That surely can't happen.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    The gap between the old firm and the rest could widen massively if this is allowed.

They could potentially have full stadiums every week, 4 more old firms getting prime billing on tv and more tv cash for them no doubt.

Give it a few years of them finishing top 2 in the championship and they’ll be wanting them in the Premier.

There’s nothing good about this idea at all. Bin it with Budge’s plan.

First Team Breakthrough Green Blood's Avatar
    Everyone knows that I think this is a fait accompli and is a done deal. This is the SPFL driving this along with HMFC. This plan to have the Ugly Sisters B teams in the lower leagues is not Rangers plan as mentioned but is the SPFL's plan who have privately asked Rangers to put their name to it. Utterly shambolic, embarrassing and corrupt!

Wish now that Rangers call for an investigation was upheld as I now believe that the baddie here is Dungcaster along with Budge. Scottish football, worse than a laughing stock, a corrupt laughing stock.

All those on here that have said don't worry, so and so are against it etc etc are talking absolute pash! Its happened already

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

The colt teams get established in the scottish league, and then the big teams try and force their move into the EPL.
    That's exactly what they have in mind. But at this stage not a bad idea as it muddies the water for the Yams and an extra complication that will just get other clubs backs up. The more variations the SPFL receive for the reconstruction the less likely anything will be approved.
    Last edited by Onion; 05-06-2020 at 09:44 PM.

How many proposals are we up to now? This is getting more embarrassing than Dundee’s missing vote.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Results in the tunnock wafer cup would suggest they would not walk anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Blood View Post
    Everyone knows that I think this is a fait accompli and is a done deal. This is the SPFL driving this along with HMFC. This plan to have the Ugly Sisters B teams in the lower leagues is not Rangers plan as mentioned but is the SPFL's plan who have privately asked Rangers to put their name to it. Utterly shambolic, embarrassing and corrupt!

Wish now that Rangers call for an investigation was upheld as I now believe that the baddie here is Dungcaster along with Budge. Scottish football, worse than a laughing stock, a corrupt laughing stock.

All those on here that have said don't worry, so and so are against it etc etc are talking absolute pash! Its happened already
    No it hasn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    No it hasn’t.
    Oh yes it has!!!!!

The SPFL board have asked The Rangers to put their name to it? Think that's fantasy stuff.

Oh yes it has!!!!!
    So all clubs have voted?

This proposal is far worse than budges for the top league teams. Corruption of the highest order is the only way this gets through. Even then, clubs will alienate their fans if they did so.

It wont get passed

No it hasn’t.
    Can’ t happen without 11-1 SPL vote which is highly unlikely. Also many of the lower division clubs are agains5 the old firm colts being there. A wee question, do you really th8nk Hibs will vote for that?

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    The SPFL board have asked The Rangers to put their name to it? Think that's fantasy stuff.
    Might be your fantasy, its my nightmare!

Mickey Mouse has a Scottish Football watch.

First Team Breakthrough
    Oh yes it has!!!!!
    I think its already happened too, absolute stitch up!

If this was to go through there would have to be a stipulation in there that the old firm teams have to stay in a certain division and can't be promoted like the Barcelona B team in spain.

Calm down for goodness sake. Hysterical nonsense. Nothing’s happened and I doubt it will.

First Team Breakthrough
    If the proposal was sent out on Tuesday then the clubs can have responded on the back of the Budge deal. That's why Doncaster was asking for other ideas. Hope Hibs said no to reconstruction this season, so this deal dies by Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    Can’ t happen without 11-1 SPL vote which is highly unlikely. Also many of the lower division clubs are agains5 the old firm colts being there. A wee question, do you really th8nk Hibs will vote for that?
    Green Blood says its already happened so we are all goosed. Forget the vote. Its done Green Blood said so. 😂

No it hasn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Calm down for goodness sake. Hysterical nonsense. Nothing’s happened and I doubt it will.
    Nothing hysterical about it, however, this new proposal must mean that Budge's proposal has no further mileage. What must be apparent to all is that the one party that is still driving this is the SPFL! It is they that want reconstruction more than anyone.

Nothing hysterical about it, however, this new proposal must mean that Budge's proposal has no further mileage. What must be apparent to all is that the one party that is still driving this is the SPFL! It is they that want reconstruction more than anyone.
    You’re being hysterical and coming out with some absolute pish.

First Team Regular
    Only recon I would be happy with is if the premiership stays at 12 and the remaining leagues reconstruct.

They could see which clubs can start in the championship and league 1 and reconstruct from there.

Don’t understand why a change to the number of teams in the premiership always has to be included in these proposals.

Why the hell do inverness get to come up when they were in a playoff position. That’s not on sporting merit.

Absolute rubbish, the only ones who can force reconstruction are the clubs themselves. The clubs have been asked to respond by Tuesday. The new fixtures are due out in a couple of weeks so a decision has to be made soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    You’re being hysterical and coming out with some absolute pish.
    Yer an arse and doing a grand job at it, stick in! Don't mind your comments, what I don't like is the lack of any counter argument with any substance! Lets wait and see how it all pans out!

They no doubt started concocting this a few weeks ago, suddenly both Rangers and Celtic were backing reconstruction when I don't think they'd previously said anything whatsoever about it. Even when reconstruction was binned first time round, after 6 teams had said they didn't fancy because they didn't go round the table any further. All seems a bit sly and underhand to just produce this proposal out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    Absolute rubbish, the only ones who can force reconstruction are the clubs themselves. The clubs have been asked to respond by Tuesday. The new fixtures are due out in a couple of weeks so a decision has to be made soon.
    I agree, the clubs decide, of course., but we have funny money kicking around that changes how they decide to vote. The SPFL are manipulating those clubs still to agree to reconstruction.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    They no doubt started concocting this a few weeks ago, suddenly both Rangers and Celtic were backing reconstruction when I don't think they'd previously said anything whatsoever about it. Even when reconstruction was binned first time round, after 6 teams had said they didn't fancy because they didn't go round the table any further. All seems a bit sly and underhand to just produce this proposal out of the blue.
    Absolutely stinks, reconstruction binned, then resurrected for some reason? Stench!

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Aye it's a disgrace.

Mickey Mouse League or what? If it happens, it's an admission that the only thing that matters about Scottish Football is Celtic and Sevco,

I will be finished with Scottish Football if this happens.

The groundswell was all to have Sevco admitted straight back to the SPL or the Championship a few years back and this was stopped by the supporters saying no. We need a similar response now.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    Absolutely stinks, reconstruction binned, then resurrected for some reason? Stench!
    6 top flight clubs said they weren’t interested in permanent reconstruction. They’ve since tried to think of any kind of mental way around it and failed miserably. Hopefully it ends soon.

Is this the big thing Tom English was hinting at earlier and he's revealed it now before someone else does or are we getting even more p*** tomorrow?