hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

On a personal note no amount of money would silence me if victim of sexual assault.
    I think your stance might become a bit less certain if you were experiencing the shame and associated fallout of just having been anally raped.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    As if Ronaldo is going to rape a woman never mind anyone

He's got millions of men/women who are going to drop their pants in a second just to spend a couple of minutes with him

Didnae happen
    Eh?

Left by mutual consent!
    Article is a bit mental to say the least, some properly damning stuff in there.

Similarly though some grey areas too.

Ronaldo also has previous, with a "rape" claim against him back in October 2005 when he was a 20 year old with Man United.

Quote from The Guardian 25th Nov 2005:

"Manchester United footballer Cristiano Ronaldo will not face criminal charges over allegations that he raped a woman in a London hotel, police said last night. Ronaldo, 20, was questioned last month after two women made an allegation of rape against him and another man.
    The Portuguese winger has denied the accusations.
    A spokeswoman for Scotland Yard said the decision was made after the crown prosecution service had decided there was insufficient evidence to prosecute"

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Lennon's Lip;5566356]Ronaldo also has previous, with a "rape" claim against him back in October 2005 when he was a 20 year old with Man United.

"Manchester United footballer Cristiano Ronaldo will not face criminal charges over allegations that he raped a woman in a London hotel, police said last night. Ronaldo, 20, was questioned last month after two women made an allegation of rape against him and another man.
    [COLOR=#ff0000]A spokeswoman for Scotland Yard said the decision was made after the crown prosecution service had decided there was insufficient evidence to prosecute[B]"

Or you could say - Ronaldo has previous for doing nothing wrong at all.

[QUOTE=Newry Hibs;5566362]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    Ronaldo also has previous, with a "rape" claim against him back in October 2005 when he was a 20 year old with Man United.

[COLOR=#ff0000]A spokeswoman for Scotland Yard said the decision was made after the crown prosecution service had decided there was insufficient evidence to prosecute[B]"

Or you could say - Ronaldo has previous for doing nothing wrong at all.
    Previous as in: He has previous claims against him.

One claim against you might be dismissed, with the benefit of the doubt given, but 2 claims of rape suggests perhaps something a bit more sinister and warrants a deeper investigation.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Anyone else got unproven rape allegations against them on here?

Seems to be a common thing
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by DstN75 View Post
    I think your stance might become a bit less certain if you were experiencing the shame and associated fallout of just having been anally raped.
    I think you've just descibed how your stance on the matter would be.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Anyone else got unproven rape allegations against them on here?

Seems to be a common thing
    Does Graham Stack have an account?

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar

A spokeswoman for Scotland Yard said the decision was made after the crown prosecution service had decided there was insufficient evidence to prosecute"

That could be the opening of the floodgates.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar

Terrible post. And exactly why these sort of allegations shouldn't be reported in the media.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    It would appear that the young lady has suffered horrific injuries somehow, reported it and has been silenced by fear.

Whatever has happened, she must have been through hell in this process.i

Interesting that the lawyer has called the der spiegal report ‘illegal’.

Not false, just illegal.
    Last edited by Speedway; 03-10-2018 at 09:56 AM.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    a very strange situation, she allegedly couldnt remember where the incident had taken place or a description of her attacker, he must be one of the most famous people on the planet, thats not to say she wasnt given something but dont think that has ever been suggested or reported

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    a very strange situation, she allegedly couldnt remember where the incident had taken place or a description of her attacker, he must be one of the most famous people on the planet, thats not to say she wasnt given something but dont think that has ever been suggested or reported
    Where did you read that?

on most of the reports, pretty sure it was the police who said this

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Are you talking about the American accuser or the one in London?

The American accuser, if you read the link on the first page, goes into huge detail about it place what happened before during and after etc

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    She chose not to give police the details. It wasn't that she didn't know them or couldn't remember them.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    She chose not to give police the details. It wasn't that she didn't know them or couldn't remember them.
    ive obviously read it wrong, still strange but then ive never been in that position so no idea what would be going through the head

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Terrible post. And exactly why these sort of allegations shouldn't be reported in the media.
    Conversely, without this kind of reporting the profile of sexual abuse of children by perverted individuals associated with football never have had the publicity that encouraged more and more victims to come forward.

Too many restrictions would suit the beasts, yes there can be damage through unfounded allegations, but we have a free press and without that the activities of many depraved individuals would have remained uninvestigated.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Conversely, without this kind of reporting the profile of sexual abuse of children by perverted individuals associated with football never have had the publicity that encouraged more and more victims to come forward.

Too many restrictions would suit the beasts, yes there can be damage through unfounded allegations, but we have a free press and without that the activities of many depraved individuals would have remained uninvestigated.
    I get what you're saying but I really don't think it is right that someone can have their life ruined by unproven allegations. The press obviously have an agenda to publish these stories as well which makes me even more uneasy about it.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I get what you're saying but I really don't think it is right that someone can have their life ruined by unproven allegations. The press obviously have an agenda to publish these stories as well which makes me even more uneasy about it.
    100%. People should never be outed until convicted of something like that.

@hibs.net private member
    I don't get why it's the super rich, global superstar that people are feeling sorry for here.

Even if Ronaldo never plays football again he'll be sitting on more cash than I could ever dream of. In no way will Hibs life be ruined.

If we've learned anything over the last few of years it's that those in power are skilled at hiding their crimes behind NDA's and lawyers. The last thing they need is more protection whilst victims have their actual lives ruined and if they dare say something, are savaged online.

As well as sitting up and listening women, agreements like this should be banned. I can't understand how it's ethical for a lawyer to profit from something like this either.

I'm not sure why exposing a fact (the Guardian newpaper article) makes my post "terrible". It is what it is.
    The said article has been read by millions already.
    That first claim against Ronaldo is only now thrown into light and revisited because a 2nd claim of "rape" has been levelled at Ronaldo. This 2nd claim of rape is all the more sinister and telling because Ronaldo "paid her off" in the hope of "silencing her"

The first claim was dropped through insufficient evidence.
    Insufficient evidence does not equate to the accused being innocent.

If only Jimmy Saville had been exposed by the media when the initial and early rumours and accusations were doing the rounds.
    Same goes for Clement Freud and the long line of rich and powerful who use their money and influence to "cover up" and "bury" crimes.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 04-10-2018 at 12:06 AM.

If only Jimmy Saville had been exposed by the media when the initial and early rumours and accusations were doing the rounds.
    Same goes for Clement Freud and the long line of rich and powerful who use their money and influence to "cover up" and "bury" crimes.
    And by the same token people like Graham Stack have spent the last 10 years or so being called a beast by tens of thousands of people every week for something he was found not guilty of. Which is the reason it shouldn’t be made public imo.

If you could guarantee the guys who’s names were getting released we’re going to be found guilty then bash on and name them ASAP. But that can’t be guaranteed and so they should all have their names kept anonymous until convicted.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 04-10-2018 at 08:29 AM.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I'm not sure why exposing a fact (the Guardian newpaper article) makes my post "terrible". It is what it is.
    The said article has been read by millions already.
    That first claim against Ronaldo is only now thrown into light and revisited because a 2nd claim of "rape" has been levelled at Ronaldo. This 2nd claim of rape is all the more sinister and telling because Ronaldo "paid her off" in the hope of "silencing her"

The first claim was dropped through insufficient evidence.
    Insufficient evidence does not equate to the accused being innocent.

Legally, it does, if it doesn’t come to court.

The Scottish legal system can return a ‘not proven’ verdict (in addition to the binary guilty / not guilty choice in England and Wales, which would have been used has this earlier allegation led to prosecution).

How often is the not proven verdict used in Scotland out of interest?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Legally, it does, if it doesn’t come to court.

The Scottish legal system can return a ‘not proven’ verdict (in addition to the binary guilty / not guilty choice in England and Wales, which would have been used has this earlier allegation led to prosecution).
    Is OJ Simpson innocent of murdering his ex-wife and friend?

He got off with it, but is he innocent?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Is OJ Simpson innocent of murdering his ex-wife and friend?

He got off with it, but is he innocent?
    OJ was before my time really and I actually don’t know much about it. But based on the info in your post, surely the answer is yes? If he got found not guilty in court then he’s innocent, innocent until proven guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    OJ was before my time really and I actually don’t know much about it. But based on the info in your post, surely the answer is yes? If he got found not guilty in court then he’s innocent, innocent until proven guilty.
    He got off because his lawyers played the race card and turned the trial into a circus. He was guilty as sin and lost a civil case years later.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He got off because his lawyers played the race card and turned the trial into a circus. He was guilty as sin and lost a civil case years later.

I was just going to say that. Substantial damages were awarded against him. In an unrelated case, he went on to be jailed for armed robbery.