hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I totally agree with what you're saying, none of our 3 forwards really suit being lone strikers. Just didn't feel like todays game was as black and white as 1 up top. Think we'll find a way of accomodating 2 of Gullan, Nisbet and Doidge in a system that supports having 2 guys leading the line.
    I hope so too and nothing wrong with going with 1 striker away from home but at home to teams like kilmarnock we should be going for it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I wouldn’t be worrying about a loan for Murray. He’s not going to be a Hibs player so he should be allowed to leave and find a level he can play at.
    I didn’t see today’s game, but it looks like a few have made up their opinion on Murray. Was he any worse than Mallan, Mellberg or Horgan today?

Just as well Jack picks the team, as he rates Fraser highly

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I didn’t see today’s game, but it looks like a few have made up their opinion on Murray. Was he any worse than Mallan, Mellberg or Horgan today?

Mallan the best of the midfield for me. For the first hour anyway.

Hallberg was just Hallberg in that he didn’t do much other than run about a bit.

Horgan played up front, was a threat and got a good assist.

We’ll see how highly JR rates Murray in the coming months. My guess is not that highly because I don’t think he’ll displace those in front of him.

Imo yes, he was quite a bit worse than them with maybe the exception of Hallberg or for me just rarely touched the ball or got close to his man.

Murray in fairness worked hard, pressed and worked harder in that respect than Iv seen previous. But on the ball he just doesn’t seem to have the pace, skill, strength or aggression to beat a man.

Horgan was everywhere and his pace and directness caused quite a few problems - I’m one of Horgans critics but think playing more central suited him as he was really busy and being a nuisance.

@hibs.net private member

Got to say I agree with Andy74.

He won’t make it here. IMO played him slightly deeper today but failed to impress. Lost the ball countless times. Seen him a lot at dev level and he looks a good player but doing nothing in first team games.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Mallan the best of the midfield for me. For the first hour anyway.

Hallberg was just Hallberg in that he didn’t do much other than run about a bit.

Horgan played up front, was a threat and got a good assist.

We’ll see how highly JR rates Murray in the coming months. My guess is not that highly because I don’t think he’ll displace those in front of him.
    Thanks, Where did Fraser play today. He plays in so many positions, but I think his best position is wide left

Thanks, Where did Fraser play today. He plays in so many positions, but I think his best position is wide left
    For me he played centrally, probably the most advanced of the midfield three

I know others think we played various formations but for me today it was;

......................Dabrowski.................

............Gray.......Jackson.......Hanlon......

Stirling.......Mallan........Hallberg.........Doig ......

.........................Murray........

.................Horgan.........Gullan........

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    For me he played centrally, probably the most advanced of the midfield three

I know others think we played various formations but for me today it was;

......................Dabrowski.................

............Gray.......Jackson.......Hanlon......

Stirling.......Mallan........Hallberg.........Doig ......

.........................Murray........

.................Horgan.........Gullan........
    We were definitely switching shapes throughout, but never really worked as a cohesive unit. There were times Horgan and Gullan were a front 2, and others when Horgan was a good bit deeper. The midfield 3 didn't seem to have any defined roles and they struggled to find each other in space.

We also tried to force playing the ball out from the back when there wasnt a pass on, which got us in trouble. Its a reasonable time to do it in a bounce game, but Aberdeen should be treated as more of a finished product.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    It won’t solve all our problems, but if you don’t think that signing a solid defensive midfielder, which we didn’t have before, will prevent us conceding some goals, then I’m afraid your wrong. We severely missed a player like that last year. We also need full backs who stop crosses, our centre halves dealt with hundreds of balls into our box, but simple rules say that if you allow far too many balls to come in, your going to make one mistake and lose a goal. Everyone then forgets the great work you done with the rest.
    I absolutely agree he will help hugely. My point was that the defence is the same as last season. And it was powderpuff last season.

I know it's almost a cliche for young players now Billy, but I think unless Fraser gets out on loan and plays regular first team football, he won't make the improvement needed to be a first team player with us.

I'm all for giving young players a run in the team when they're ready, but I don't think he's at that level yet.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Excatly the same as me apart from I put McGinn in.
    Aye, I can see McGinn in for McGregor and that being the 11. (Albeit eith McGinn RCH and Porteous in the middle)

I like Fraser and have done for years now. But for me he isnt developing Billy. He still looks too slight, and not fast enough to compete at the top level in Scotland. I;d get him out on a proper loan in the Championship were he can play every single week and hopefully come back ready to start for us. Mallan and Horgan were miles ahead of him yesterday - and im not the biggest Horgan fan.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I like Fraser and have done for years now. But for me he isnt developing Billy. He still looks too slight, and not fast enough to compete at the top level in Scotland. I;d get him out on a proper loan in the Championship were he can play every single week and hopefully come back ready to start for us. Mallan and Horgan were miles ahead of him yesterday - and im not the biggest Horgan fan.
    I agree with all of that. I cant help comparing Fraser Murray to Sam Stanton, he hasn't kicked on these last 2 seasons. Horgan has had a great pre seasin which is promising.

Totally agree that Fraser Murray needs a loan if he's to have any chance of making it here.

I wonder if he's fallen foul of being a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none? He certainly hasn't shown much for the first team which would justify him staying to fight for a place.