hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: New Boyle Bid?

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without Boyles input we would’ve lost him for far less. We’re losing him, but would’ve lost him anyway, this way we’ve got vast sums in our pocket to go and try to improve.

As someone said previously, we can’t just keep our players until they are too old with no sell on value. That may help us this year but down the line we wouldn’t have any money to replace them with and end up far worse for it.
    It seems that it's fine to take Saudi money - but not to take Glasgow money!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post
    It seems that it's fine to take Saudi money - but not to take Glasgow money!
    Don't think we have much of a rivalry with Al Faisaly to be fair

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Boyle saying he wants to come back to Hibs once his time in Saudi is up - so basically we are getting £3m for loaning him out there during which time he becomes a multi-millionaire? This deal just gets better and better for us.
    Interesting Boyle talking about coming back, if we’ll have him, when he’s just left. If Rachel staying, as reported, will be hard for Boyle out there. Anyone know the length of his contract for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Iceland.
    That's true, my mum used to go there regularly.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Wonder if he’s got a relegation clause in his contract, they aren’t doing very well

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Wonder if he’s got a relegation clause in his contract, they aren’t doing very well
    Don’t think he’ll be too fussed. Don’t think he’s going for the quality of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Didn't realise they're quite so bad - second bottom!

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    So we get first option to buy him back, can see him being out there for a year and then coming back

Superb from Hibs that.

The terms of the offer are we'd need to match whatever bid has already been made for him. If he continues to do well for Australia and plays at the WC I'd imagine the chances of us doing that for a player who will be 30+ are highly unlikely.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldot View Post
    So we get first option to buy him back, can see him being out there for a year and then coming back
    Could we afford him?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Could we afford him?
    I don't think we could. We don't have an agreed buy back price just essentially we are made aware if any bids are made by other clubs and we can choose to match.

Unless his value collapses then I don't think he'll be back

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    The terms of the offer are we'd need to match whatever bid has already been made for him. If he continues to do well for Australia and plays at the WC I'd imagine the chances of us doing that for a player who will be 30+ are highly unlikely.
    30 isn’t old these days man 😂 always laugh at these comments as if players are done and over the hill when they hit 30

Could we afford him?
    Boyle could force the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    30 isn’t old these days man 😂 always laugh at these comments as if players are done and over the hill when they hit 30
    Hibs won't be paying big transfer fees to guys in their 30s.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 22-01-2022 at 08:13 AM.

I don't think we could. We don't have an agreed buy back price just essentially we are made aware if any bids are made by other clubs and we can choose to match.

Unless his value collapses then I don't think he'll be back
    Yep that's how I interpreted it as well.

There's no way we'll spend the reported £2.5 million + £500,000 add ons or anything like it to bring him back so unless Al-Faisaly are happy to make a significant loss by selling him back to us for something like £5-600k and no other club in the UK is interested (which I would doubt, especially if he has a successful spell with Australia) then I can't see him back at Hibs.

Hibs won't be paying big transfer fees to guys in their 30s.
    Who’s to say it’s a big transfer fee? Too many variables to suggest that at this stage, let’s see how it pans out.

Better put the money in the bank and save it.

Seems a strange transfer to me. Yes he will be a very wealthy young man but I can't see him having the same banter out there and he seems a very social guy. Good luck to him but he's a brave man taking it on especially leaving the missus and kid behind. My money is on him being back at er in 18 months for a small fee.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Seems a strange transfer to me. Yes he will be a very wealthy young man but I can't see him having the same banter out there and he seems a very social guy. Good luck to him but he's a brave man taking it on especially leaving the missus and kid behind. My money is on him being back at er in 18 months for a small fee.
    He's going out there to work and secure his financial future not to enjoy the bants. He won't be as happy as he was at Hibs, but he'll know that. He's got his international career to fall back on and the conditioning he'll get from being in SA will stand him in good stead for Qatar.

You never know, he might be even more sought after in 18 months.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Tend to agree huge culture shift he will be hoping he has a few as you say social people maybe some western or Aussies on the same level. Hope it works well for him.

He's looking lost on his own already...just finding his way around Edinburgh airport, I suspect he'll be back in the UK, and not with Hibs long before his contract expires.

With club chiefs negotiating inclusion of the clause as part of his contract with The Burgundy, Hibs will be notified of any potential deals that Al-Faisaly are willing to accept for Boyle’s transfer during his two-year deal with the club.
    "Burgundy"?
    Do Al-Faisaly play in maroon?

What’s app / face time / COD online etc - I get what you are saying but it’s not like he will be locked in a cave with no human interaction.

His team mates - why they maybe don’t have the same “banter” as Porto etc they all will have football as a common theme.

The relegation part is interesting- 2nd bottom and 3 go down…they are obviously expecting Boyle to produce the goods to help them stay up.

First Team Breakthrough
    I'm sure they have weighed up his option and realised that this will make their financial future secure.they may have thought that this current hibs contract was as good as it would get. I'm sure he wasn't on great money at montrose, dundee and his initial years with us so This offers a great opportunity to top up his career earnings and allow him to choose his next deal with no pressure to maximise earnings

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenside View Post
    With club chiefs negotiating inclusion of the clause as part of his contract with The Burgundy, Hibs will be notified of any potential deals that Al-Faisaly are willing to accept for Boyle’s transfer during his two-year deal with the club.
    "Burgundy"?
    Do Al-Faisaly play in maroon?
    They play in Burgundy. Like a fine wine.

Unlike bloodied turd.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Could we afford him?
    Really depends, we wont have a scooby just now how much he will be worth in 1 or 2 years time, if he ends up being rank rotten over there then they might want shot, if he continues his good form then might be out of our reach

We genuinely debating how much it’s going to cost us to buy Martin Boyle, the day after we’ve sold Martin Boyle? 😂

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    He's looking lost on his own already...just finding his way around Edinburgh airport, I suspect he'll be back in the UK, and not with Hibs long before his contract expires.
    Yup, a decent agent and he’ll be back within a year, but a hell of a lot better off, probably managing to have his contract paid up.

Might end up signing for a team in Oz mind you, that would also be a cracking move for him.