hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vercol36 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bunch of old ****** miserable c*nts on this thread
    Well if you’re happy with this Tom Kite we are serving up then fine “gaun yersel”
    But alarm bells are ringing here
    He has just to the playing side of the club back years since the split
    I have never openly criticised a hibs manager but this guy is clueless
    Skelped 6 off the Huns 3 at home by Morton ffs and now this
    Hecky our!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Lennon lost to St Johnstone at home last season and the football was even worse.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Badge View Post
    Pish
    I’m usually one for jumping on a bandwagon too soon but this is mental.

Coaching Staff
    Got a point, but my word the football is eye bleeding and slow. That's bottom 6 or worse football. No belief, no desire, no work rate and terribly unbalanced in midfield. Zero pace or enthusiasm to get on that ball and make something happen - dreadful watching.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Some of our fans are entitled as ****, that type of poison seeps through the club. Remember the days when we were horrific at home, I wonder why.... we weren’t that bad today and his subs made sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing absolutely nothing to do with players attitudes or professionalism at all? Where was the will to win the closing down the spaces in midfield the leaders on the pitch you know the guys who have been here and been playing for the club or are they immune to criticism. It seems to me like alot of people have the daggers out for PH but let's put it Into perspective AS failed to get us out of the championship granted we won the holy grail but if he hadn't delivered it would have been a failure. NL a 16 game winless run it's ok tho as he is a winner and lets face it some of his signings were duds as well. Maybe look at the players and not the manager all the time

On way back from game...that was horrendous.

We have a massive problem.

Majority of fans don’t want him.
    Players don’t look like they are enjoying the style of play / formation.
    He’s making players like Allan look like poor players.
    If we get a new manager he has to work with these signings-we said Lennon didn’t have balance - this team looks truly lost and full of individuals.

Worried - can’t actually remember the last time we played well.

Agree with others - he’s a nice guy but we need more than that.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 24-08-2019 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He seems a genuine sort, I'm 100% sure he's a good coach but I'm not convinced he's a manager.

Tommy Wright is under all kinds of pressure after the start they have had to the season, they are utter garbage and they were well worth their point today.

The rational part of me knows we don't really have any ground to sack him but my gut feeling is we need to be as ruthlessly decisive as Leeds and deal with our mistake early.
    Spot on as always.

Quote Originally Posted by FitbaFolkKen View Post
    Some of our fans are entitled as ****, that type of poison seeps through the club. Remember the days when we were horrific at home, I wonder why.... we weren’t that bad today and his subs made sense.

Absolutely. Folk going to the football, forgetting it’s all about a day out supporting your team. Expectations of Champions League winning fitba here

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Hasn't got a clue, to play Allan wide right then take him off was a disgrace, no fight, no pace, no press, zich. It's going to ba a long boring ****ing season.
    This is the most bewildering fact for me. We spent a fair amount of last season Lambasting Lennon's team selections with players playing out of position needlessly even taking injuries in to consideration. Heckingbottom comes in steadies ship and shows faith in the same players by playing them pretty much as is week in week out ultimately turning a bad season in to a somewhat positive one with a good run of games before the split.

Start of the new season with his own players in and he plays a midfield playmaker out wide, with a right midfielder sitting on the bench... I just can't fathom what his though process was for this decision. This is what lead to the booing (a discussion for another thread perhaps). Strange one.

Don’t like calling for a managers head, with loads of new signings there’s bound to be a bedding in period, but there’s been no signs of progress. If anything we’re getting worse. Made a rod for his own back with his chat about new levels of fitness and a high pressing game, starting to seem more like he can talk the talk but not walk the walk.

The english pat Fenlon. Actually managed to make st johnstone look good. Hecky out.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    It’s only a 2-2 draw unluckily. People need to chill.
    I don't think we were unlucky to draw today. St Johnstone would have plenty grounds to argue they were worth their point. How many saves did we force their keeper to make? How many clear cut chances did we create? They had more possession, more shots, more shots on target and the same number of corners.

Lennon's fault

Left by mutual consent!
    Sorry Hecky but that's it for me - an absolutely abysmal performance today !. Ok, certain players just aren't doing it but throughout the whole team there's no fight, no determination - St.Johnstone were bound to get a second, especially in the last 20-25 mins seeing as we took every opportunity to give Saints their ball back (none of our players wanted it !) and our defending consisting of marking their players but never actually tackling them !.

Quote Originally Posted by vercol36 View Post
    Absolutely. Folk going to the football, forgetting it’s all about a day out supporting your team. Expectations of Champions League winning fitba here
    That was awful today.

He has pretty much destroyed our support in only a few weeks.

That was the old relegation Hibs and we deserve better.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Remember back in the Stubbs/Lennon days when we constantly won the ball in the middle of the park? I actually can't remember that happening once today.

Apart from Kamberi and Middleton, I thought we were very poor throughout.
    The midfield had no drive, or dig, and the defense were at least a yard off the pace.
    The Saints wingers were pretty good, but have a strong feeling that this will be a very long season unless there's a significant change in personnel.

PS I've only posted my thoughts on this thread as the mach-day thread was closed on me!
    Last edited by Curried; 24-08-2019 at 04:20 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by leggeto View Post
    The SJ midfield done a job on Scott from the start, he couldn't get control of the ball.
    Just looked very slow today with little energy showed
    That's a load of pish, they didnt do a number on anyone. Our manager took him out the game by playing him wide.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I don't think we were unlucky to draw today. St Johnstone would have plenty grounds to argue they were worth their point. How many saves did we force their keeper to make? How many clear cut chances did we create? They had more possession, more shots, more shots on target and the same number of corners.
    While I agree with the majority of that and why Allan is not in the middle is ****ing mental, it almost worked and we are unlucky not to be sitting on 6 points.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    That was awful today.

He has pretty much destroyed our support in only a few weeks.

That was the old relegation Hibs and we deserve better.
    Relegation Hibs? We were winning until the 94th minute.

Left by mutual consent!

It was a struggle with no tempo or shape but yeah, we should have won.

dont think anyone was that bothered wi the subs it was the fact that his selection never made any sense at all, Scott A. on the wing what the ****, then they booed when he subbed him, **** he was the man who put him there in the first place why not boo a *****y move by the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricla View Post
    Hibs support is, and for the most part, always has been, the most fickle, most self loathing, predictable, moaning support ever.

And ,with most reason.

Acceptable performance ,again,hell no.

Manager seemingly clueless,hell yes.

While I agree with the majority of that and why Allan is not in the middle is ****ing mental, it almost worked and we are unlucky not to be sitting on 6 points.
    You dont get 3 points for almost, this was eye bleeding stuff make no mistake, the manager carries the can at the end of the game.

And not winning when the final whistle went. If they equalise in the 84th or 94th minute is absolutely irrelevant.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Cant get easier home games than st mirren and st johnstone and we were awful in both. Tactics and style of play are atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Remember back in the Stubbs/Lennon days when we constantly won the ball in the middle of the park? I actually can't remember that happening once today.
    Yup.

Our midfield don’t tackle.

We look unfit - unbalanced and certain players hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by tillguy View Post
    Lennon lost to St Johnstone at home last season and the football was even worse.
    And he got sacked. Why do people who support Heckingbottom constantly bring up Lennon? No one is asking for him to come back.

Damage limitation....sack him now. That was pathetic