hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Smallest Hibs away Supports

Following on from the thread about big Hibs away supports what are the games you were at when many decided to stay at home?

I remember a Monday night game away to Aberdeen in 2006. We lost 2-1 to a late Scott Severn goal. Game was on TV and the Hibs support was little more than a couple of hundred.

I was at the Ayr semi final at which the crowd limped into 5 figures and was at Hampden for the Dunfermilne replay in the SC as well (crowd 8536).

One that wasn't really a small crowd but it stands out because it was so cold was a rearranged game v Morton away in the 2016 season. We won 1-0 with Stokes scoring but anyone that stayed home made the righ decision. There was also an away game against Partick Thistle that was a 1-1 draw in 2004, must have been one of Bobby Williamsons last games in charge that wasn't going to break any attendance records.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Not much more than 200 at Tannadice midweek when we won 0-3 with a Keith Wright hat-trick. 27 Hibees in the Stand as I was one of them.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Smallest at Tynecastle was possibly when Craig Beattie scored in a 2-0 defeat?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Smallest at Tynecastle was possibly when Craig Beattie scored in a 2-0 defeat?
    I’d have thought the smallest in recent times, was the 1-0 win when Deeks scored the winner, could be wrong though

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Tomorrow will be up there.

@hibs.net private member
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kilm...lbericht/55214

Jan 2007. A baltic night. First Monday night game in this decade after introduce by TV hosts that season?

200 max Hibees.

Ross County away midweek. Ivan Sproule scored the winner for them a few weeks after he’d left us for them.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Berwick Rangers away, East of Scotland Shield final around about 1983, a Wednesday night. Edinburgh West ran the only bus from the club, think it was about 25 seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Following on from the thread about big Hibs away supports what are the games you were at when many decided to stay at home?

I remember a Monday night game away to Aberdeen in 2006. We lost 2-1 to a late Scott Severn goal. Game was on TV and the Hibs support was little more than a couple of hundred.

I was at the Ayr semi final at which the crowd limped into 5 figures and was at Hampden for the Dunfermilne replay in the SC as well (crowd 8536).

One that wasn't really a small crowd but it stands out because it was so cold was a rearranged game v Morton away in the 2016 season. We won 1-0 with Stokes scoring but anyone that stayed home made the righ decision. There was also an away game against Partick Thistle that was a 1-1 draw in 2004, must have been one of Bobby Williamsons last games in charge that wasn't going to break any attendance records.
    Still not sure I've thawed out from that Morton game.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Not much more than 200 at Tannadice midweek when we won 0-3 with a Keith Wright hat-trick. 27 Hibees in the Stand as I was one of them.
    One of the reasons for the low away crowd was that the Forth Bridge closed due to a serious accident . Our bus only got over the bridge just after 19.30 and we decided that it was a waste of time going since we wouldn't get into dundee till 20.30ish at the earliest. There were loads of cars with fans in it stuck. We even asked the tollboth operator to get their office to contact Tannadice to ask for a delay to kick off.No idea if they did tho!
    Totally gutted but dlighted when I heard the score

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    In terms of European nights, Runavik was pretty sparse all told and Vilnius and Dauguvpils weren’t huge.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Ross County away midweek. Ivan Sproule scored the winner for them a few weeks after he’d left us for them.
    I ended up staying in the pub that night as it was absolutely hosing down. Had a 10er on Ivan to score 1st which helped.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    The Ayr United Semi was pretty bad just wanted it to be over

I think we took about 70 to this classic:

https://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=47751

One of the smallest was the first time I went to Ibrox. There was about 50 of us in the Main Stand and another 200 in the Broomloan Stand Lower.

End of season game at Morton in the early 80s, with around 2-300 in attendance is another that springs to mind.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    One I remember is a midweek away to Airdrie for a league cup group match when we couldn’t qualify, it was in 1983 and we put a really young team out and pumped them 3-1. I would guess about 70-100 of us

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    One of the smallest was the first time I went to Ibrox. There was about 50 of us in the Main Stand and another 200 in the Broomloan Stand Lower.

End of season game at Morton in the early 80s, with around 2-300 in attendance is another that springs to mind.
    May 82 was the Morton match. It was Ally MacLeod's last game for Hibs and ended 0-0.

Unfortunately I was there.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    The Ayr United Semi was pretty bad just wanted it to be over
    It was a horrible night as well if remember right.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    For semi finals the 79 game v Aberdeen at Hampden has to be up there. Less than 10000 in total there and my first trip to Hampden.
    One trip I remember at Ibrox there was probably about 300 of us. We got a thin strip of the Broomloan stand nearest the main stand. Pretty sure we won as well. Might have been Colin Harris with the winner

@hibs.net private member
    The Rangers at Ibrox under Calderwood.......3-0 to us......around 250 of us there.....great night though. Francis Dikoh, Liam Miller and cant remember who the other scorer was

Testimonial Due
    If reserve matches count then I think I was the only Hibs fan at a Rangers v Hibs game in 1990 at Jordanhill College featuring a trialist in green and white - one Ronnie Rosenthal.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    In terms of European nights, Runavik was pretty sparse all told and Vilnius and Dauguvpils weren’t huge.
    Would've been a few more in Runavik if the ******* plane hadn't stranded Hibees in Copenhagen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    The Rangers at Ibrox under Calderwood.......3-0 to us......around 250 of us there.....great night though. Francis Dikoh, Liam Miller and cant remember who the other scorer was
    I had a ticket for that one. Decided after the Hearts game on the Saturday that I wasn't going to bother.......

I saw the 2 other 3-0s so 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    I was at that game too Willy

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    For semi finals the 79 game v Aberdeen at Hampden has to be up there. Less than 10000 in total there and my first trip to Hampden.
    One trip I remember at Ibrox there was probably about 300 of us. We got a thin strip of the Broomloan stand nearest the main stand. Pretty sure we won as well. Might have been Colin Harris with the winner
    That semi was mental. I mind both sets of fans in the 'sevco' end separated by a big metal fence. Missiles flying back and forth over it. Great result tho

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    It was a horrible night as well if remember right.
    Another horrible night etched in my memory. The replay v Pars was grim too. I mind Sol Bamba booting Benji black and blue all game but Craig Thompson gave us nowt.
    Then to cap it all he gave them a penalty for a dive by Hammil. (Sp)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

One that always sticks out to me is the first game after Fenlon was sacked. Motherwell away on a Sunday. Live on the TV for good measure. Barely filled out a couple of blocks in the lower. Just searched it up on Twitter and there's a bitter Aberdeen forum account claiming we had 476 there that day. To be honest it felt like it was about half of that.

A year earlier we'd gone there and won 4-1 on a Friday night and had a large following (as we usual do through at Motherwell) that was bouncing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Berwick Rangers away, East of Scotland Shield final around about 1983, a Wednesday night. Edinburgh West ran the only bus from the club, think it was about 25 seats.
    2-2 draw?? Hibs won on pens? A young mickey weir played I think.

Ayr United away in the league Cup. Lewis Stevenson debut. Riordan scored in a 2-1 win.

Only about 300 there, including our mini bus from berwick. Hearts lost at Livi on the same night. 😁

Anglo Scottish cup final in Bristol. My brother was one of about 50 given comps by Tom Hart, I think that was the majority of the support
    1979 cup semi less than 10000 at Hampden against Aberdeen.