hibs.net Messageboard

Page 96 of 115 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 3430
    reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plans afoot to make parking spaces larger to be reflect the size of modern cars. For example the current mini is 30% larger than the original model.
    That's one of the joys or parking/driving in the states...the infrastructure can accommodate a tank with ease
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Folk who park their car in the middle of a pay and display bay meaning that instead of two cars being able to park in it they have it all to themselves. Happens regularly in side street next old TSB building in Corstorphine.
    They should be given a ticket for not paying for one of the spaces!

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Folk who park their car in the middle of a pay and display bay meaning that instead of two cars being able to park in it they have it all to themselves. Happens regularly in side street next old TSB building in Corstorphine.
    Once complained to a taxi driver who was doing this and he defended it on the grounds that he needed to get his passenger door exactly opposite the street door his fare was going in to.

Brain dead tourists at this time of year. The ones who think wandering around the road is ok, especially the Lawnmarket and the others who decide to drive around the city centre willy nilly looking at sites, add in all the 10mph tour coaches, thank for your business but **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Once complained to a taxi driver who was doing this and he defended it on the grounds that he needed to get his passenger door exactly opposite the street door his fare was going in to.
    Possibly picking up a wheelchair punter.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Plans afoot to make parking spaces larger to be reflect the size of modern cars. For example the current mini is 30% larger than the original model.
    Cars all look the same. Big black or white boats on wheels. The Mercs look like the Nissans. No beauty in those things.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    It’s probably been said before but people that just walk out in front of your car and act like you’re the one in the wrong! 🤬

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Cheap finance ruined quality cars. Back in the day a Merc, BWM, Audi etc used to turn heads but now they are so common and most on the roads are entry level.

Out of that 'level' only Jaguar still carries class.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    It’s probably been said before but people that just walk out in front of your car and act like you’re the one in the wrong! 🤬
    All the friggin time, law was changed to give them right of way, now they think they have a right to just walk slowly in front of you, law was only for people crossing when you're turning left.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    All the friggin time, law was changed to give them right of way, now they think they have a right to just walk slowly in front of you, law was only for people crossing when you're turning left.
    I had a guy shouting at me this week that he as a pedestrian had the right of way.

That doesn’t mean you’re allowed to just step out in front of a moving car!

A couple of the free movie channels on sky/digital changing to ****ing Christmas channels in September.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I had a guy shouting at me this week that he as a pedestrian had the right of way.

I was approaching one of these bike lanes that expand to the entire lane at a traffic island where cars need to give way to the cyclist. There was a cyclist about to approach it so I slowed down but the cyclist was cycling so slow I’m surprised she could keep upright. Then she got to the traffic island and just stopped to look at her phone.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    A couple of the free movie channels on sky/digital changing to ****ing Christmas channels in September.
    Nothing worse when you’re driving

They usually change their tune when it's pointed out that I might feel bad or even get locked up but they will be the statistic. A little bit of awareness and common sense helps us all continue on our way.

@hibs.net private member
    20mph cuts crashes by a third in Edinburgh

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-fife-55863412

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post

20 MPH would be fast in a few of areas in Edinburgh these days.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

I'm not arguing against your point or the limit itself, but how did we get here? It's September 2022, that's an article from January 2021, and it's using data from 2018...
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I'm not arguing against your point or the limit itself, but how did we get here? It's September 2022, that's an article from January 2021, and it's using data from 2018...
    Not sure how I seen it on the list of articles on BBC today. The data was always going to be years before though, especially as covid years ****** data for everything.

Surprised it dropped that much though, I thought it was pretty much universally ignored

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

Driving Pet Peeves

Not sure how I seen it on the list of articles on BBC today. The data was always going to be years before though, especially as covid years ****** data for everything.

Surprised it dropped that much though, I thought it was pretty much universally ignored
    It is ignored by what appears to be about 99% of drivers so very much a case of correlation not causation (as the article alludes to at the end) I’d suggest.

I’m also pretty positive that when it came in there was a handy map of where the crashes had happened that get counted for these stats..the vast majority of which had been on the main artery 40mph roads so it was particularly poorly targeted if that’s what they were trying to reduce.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    It is ignored by what appears to be about 99% of drivers so very much a case of correlation not causation (as the article alludes to at the end) I’d suggest.
    Re 20 zones, I've mentioned before here, but when in my works motor, I have to drive at or below the posted limit or the spy-in-the-cab flags it up to management. Too many strikes and it's a disciplinary with the potential for P45.
    Yesterday, as always, I'm driving at the posted 20 along Slateford road when a driver coming from the opposite direction but wishing to turn (right) across me had to wait. The wait was obviously too long as when I passed they leant on their horn. I was genuinely flummoxed so asked (in a non-aggressive way) and apart from absolutely wetting her nappy because I stopped and asked, she then said I was going too slow (I was doing 21 on the GPS). I remonstrated that I could only drive to the posted limit, I think it then dawned on her that it was a 20 but she doubled down and said "still, you were driving too slow, I'm waiting to get across here!".

So aye, there is a lot of ignorance out there!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Had a close one yesterday. I'm on the main road approaching a junction to the left, I can see a pick up truck and cyclist approaching the junction.

The pick up is going to reach the junction before me and indicates right so crossed ahead of me but I was aware of the cyclist not slowing and had to brake sharply and lean on the horn. He hadn't seen me!

Not a young man, but he got a hell of a fright and I actually stopped and asked if he was OK. He apologised profusely and said he hadn't seen me. I was going about 25mph and had seen him for a couple of hundred metres as he approached the junction. There was no excuse for him not seeing a bright blue car!
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    Cheap finance ruined quality cars. Back in the day a Merc, BWM, Audi etc used to turn heads but now they are so common and most on the roads are entry level.

Out of that 'level' only Jaguar still carries class.
    My step dad has a jaguar (pronounces it jag-waaar). He's a bit of a prick

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    My step dad has a jaguar (pronounces it jag-waaar). He's a bit of a prick
    Loved it when I had a Jag…got it on a ridiculously cheap lease for a couple of years (was literally nearly half the price VW wanted for a golf on PCP) and never tired of coming out with the line of “Think I’ll just take the Jaaaaaag” or endless variations of

Still miss that car so I do…and my ability to bore people about how much I liked it

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Loved it when I had a Jag…got it on a ridiculously cheap lease for a couple of years (was literally nearly half the price VW wanted for a golf on PCP) and never tired of coming out with the line of “Think I’ll just take the Jaaaaaag” or endless variations of

Still miss that car so I do…and my ability to bore people about how much I liked it
    I'm driving the company Jaguar iPace just now and it's by far the best drive I've ever experienced. Looks like something Homer Simpson would have designed though.

Taxi drivers who seem to think they are above the law. Usually the private hire cabs. Twats.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    People who don't indicate right when they are going to the third exit on a standard 4 exit roundabout.

So it looks like they want to just exit at the second exit and go straight on. This causes mayhem, as cars from the 3rd exit going the other way understandably start to pull out, and then the original driver has the audacity to get angry!

I realise this has probably been covered before but its happened 3 times to me recently. There has been a common theme amongst the demographic of the drivers, but I won't say anything more on that as it might just be coincidence.
    Last edited by LaMotta; 26-09-2022 at 04:59 PM.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    People who don't indicate right when they are going to the third exit on a standard 4 exit roundabout.

So it looks like they want to just exit at the second exit and go straight on. This causes mayhem, as cars from the 3rd exit going the other way understandably start to pull out, and then the original driver has the audacity to get angry!
    You don’t need to indicate if there’s a lane marking. That’s what I was told by somebody when I posted something similar to you. That totally ignores that not everybody is familiar with the road markings on the opposite side of a roundabout.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    You don’t need to indicate if there’s a lane marking. That’s what I was told by somebody when I posted something similar to you. That totally ignores that not everybody is familiar with the road markings on the opposite side of a roundabout.
    Surely that can't be right!?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post

I realise this has probably been covered before but its happened 3 times to me recently. There has been a common theme amongst the demographic of the drivers, but I won't say anything more on that as it might just be coincidence.
    They shouldn't be doing that, whether the car on the roundabout is indicating or not.

@hibs.net private member
    Impatient drivers who have to wait for 30 seconds or so for a bus to pull away from a bus stop. 400 bus stopped at the bus stop outside the dentist in Colinton Village just before the corner/bend leading to bridge heading to Gillespie crossroads. I stopped behind it as I was not prepared to overtaken a bend where I couldn't see what was coming. White van man behind me, sounds horn, rises his hands and shakes his head