hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should the manager stay or go?

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay

91 39.22%
  • Go

141 60.78%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Questions should be asked of George Craig and his “football department”. What does he actually bring to the table apart from being able to talk and talk and talk about how brilliant the footballing operation is at hibs?

Recruitment has been an issue since Lennon took over.
    While I wouldn't say the recruitment has been great I think we have a decent squad right now.
    We need to start playing a decent formation that has balance and the ability to control the middle of the park.
    Without the last part we're going to find our defence - which isn't a bad one - is exposed and will concede goals simply through sustained pressure.

I think the right manager could take that squad and get 4th.
    I think PH will have us bottom half at best because he's tactically lost and teams doing the basics will take points off us (exactly like yesterday) all season long.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Questions should be asked of George Craig and his “football department”. What does he actually bring to the table apart from being able to talk and talk and talk about how brilliant the footballing operation is at hibs?

Recruitment has been an issue since Lennon took over.
    Yep, it always seems to be overlooked. The recruitment the last three summers has been terrible covered up usually in January. There doesn’t seem to be a clear plan to bring in specific players to play specific positions and we have a load of jack of all trades who aren’t very good at one position.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    While I wouldn't say the recruitment has been great I think we have a decent squad right now.
    We need to start playing a decent formation that has balance and the ability to control the middle of the park.
    Without the last part we're going to find our defence - which isn't a bad one - is exposed and will concede goals simply through sustained pressure.

I think PH will have us bottom half at best because he's tactically lost and teams doing the basics will take points off us (exactly like yesterday) all season long.
    I would disagree and say we have a very weak squad. The defence is all over the shop with players past their best, Allan gets injured midfield is goosed and if Kamberi gets injured there’s no goals. We have an extremely average first 11 even in comparison to the squad we had when we got promoted.

Performance was awful, offered almost no attacking threat apart from 2 goals. What was the formation? No-one around me knew, and there was disbelief that Allan was being played out wide. The booing when Allan was subbed, is as many said anger & frustration directed at the Manager. We have been awful since we made top 6 last season. Manager needs to go now, he talks about high press but as many have said it is non existent.
    Perhaps the new owner needs to take a forensic look at both the manager and the overall running of the club.

Left by mutual consent!
    Players getting played in the wrong position.
    Our best players sat on the bench.
    Our best player being subbed.
    No high press. Especially at home.
    No intensity to our play
    Cant pass.
    New players all very average at very best.

Manager looks like he’s a stubborn smart arse of a man.

I don’t see him turning this around, he needs to go I’m afraid.

Saying all that, would love to be proved wrong. Sad times!

I'll admit to being a happy clapper but right now we're a bit sh***.
    I just can't see what we're supposed to be doing or what our style of play is,that is entirely down to the manager.
    It also has to be said that some of the players need to take a long hard look at themselves, Where's the passion and pride to stop other teams running over us in the midfield? The whole midfield yesterday was pi**, in fact I'd hazard a guess that Stirling, Campbell, gullan and Murray would have offered more, they certainly wouldn't have been any worse.
    I'd still be giving him a round of fixtures but if there was no improvement I'd be getting rid.

Coaching Staff
    The football is insipid and dreadful to watch, with no pace or real width. Midfield is all over the place with tombola selections / positioning. Team lacks energy and the defence looks ageing. The recruitment has been nothing short of awful. 19 or 20 shots v St. Johnstone, at home, should never ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I would disagree and say we have a very weak squad. The defence is all over the shop with players past their best, Allan gets injured midfield is goosed and if Kamberi gets injured there’s no goals. We have an extremely average first 11 even in comparison to the squad we had when we got promoted.
    Don't get me wrong - I'm saying decent rather than worldbeaters - but I think the first XI is good enough to push for top 4.

The defence while not exceptional and prone to mistakes is suffering due to a lot of pressure getting applied through the shoddy tactics.
    I think if we actually play a proper formation and control the midfield then they're under a lot less pressure and we concede fewer goals.
    He's playing 5 players whose primary job and core skills are as attackers so there's no midfield to control the game.

The football is eye bleeding, at Hibs fans are there to be entertained, not to grind out draws with St Johnstone and Morton (over 90 mins)

He’s underestimated Hibs and is now looking for excuses after games. Time for change 100%

I could be wrong but with Fenlon it always seemed like there was difference in opinion between the fans who watched Hibs regularly and those fans who, for whatever reason, didn’t.

It’s possible that the same thing happens with Heckingbottom. On the surface, things seem middling. Some crap results, some wins. I’m not unconvinced by him because we stole a draw at home to St Johnstone though. I’m unconvinced because the football is pretty dire, pretty negative and the players often look like they haven’t got a ****ing clue what they should be doing. When they do know what they’re doing, it’s inevitably because we’re trying to keep everything tight and hit teams on the break.

I’m not suggesting that we’re going to get relegated but it all has the feel of the reigns of Fenlon and Butcher.

Testimonial Due
    I’m not even sweating about it. He will be gone before we know it, fans are against him and his comment after game about the fans. There is no coming back. The man is a fraud who talks a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    I’m not even sweating about it. He will be gone before we know it, fans are against him and his comment after game about the fans. There is no coming back. The man is a fraud who talks a good game.
    I’m not so sure about that, it would mean Hibs (LD) admitting they got his appointment wrong. I really don’t think that will happen but really hope you’re correct.

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post

I’m not so sure that we have a decent squad. Hanlon, McGregor & Gray have been on a downward spiral for one reason or another. Slivka, Newall, Horgan, Mallan, Allan are all inconsistent & Vela looks average. Kamberi has been good the last couple of games but again is a hit or miss. Doidge hasn’t shown much & Middleton hasn’t stood out yet.

Yes, if everyone clicks we can be good but it just hasn’t happened yet.

I'm never comfortable with looking to bin managers after just a few games of a new season so I haven't voted … but if I had the way I feel after witnessing yesterday it would have been go. From what I've seen since he first arrived he is a very conservative manager and I don't see much sign of that changing.

His style, if you can call it that, of allowing the opposition to take the initiative in games is brutal to watch, St Mirren did it and St Johnstone did it yesterday and its completely at odds with his 'high pressing game' talk when he first arrived, I have seen no evidence of that or that he is building a team capable of doing it. From the word go he has left nobody up the pitch when we are defending corners of free kicks …. where's the F'ing out ball?

I said it on another thread. We have Motherwell and Killie away in our next two fixtures, one on good form and one not … if that turns into two defeats IMO he will be in Pat Fenlon's situation the night we were beaten by Hearts in the league cup … We were as good that night as we had been in practically any game Fenlon managed us in, we could have been 3 - 0 up by half time easily we were so good. But we lost 0 - 1 and that was the end for Fenlon, nobody cared how we had played, it was all about the result.

Our next game following Motherwell and Killie is Hearts at home … if we haven't done better than one point from the two previous games and we lose to Hearts only dogged support from the board and owner will save him, but if that happens we will once again be back to the bad old days where the fans and the club are totally at odds with each other.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I'm never comfortable with looking to bin managers after just a few games of a new season so I haven't voted … but if I had the way I feel after witnessing yesterday it would have been go. From what I've seen since he first arrived he is a very conservative manager and I don't see much sign of that changing.

His style, if you can call it that, of allowing the opposition to take the initiative in games is brutal to watch, St Mirren did it and St Johnstone did it yesterday and its completely at odds with his 'high pressing game' talk when he first arrived, I have seen no evidence of that or that he is building a team capable of doing it. From the word go he has left nobody up the pitch when we are defending corners of free kicks …. where's the F'ing out ball?

I said it on another thread. We have Motherwell and Killie away in our next two fixtures, one on good form and one not … if that turns into two defeats IMO he will be in Pat Fenlon's situation the night we were beaten by Hearts in the league cup … We were as good that night as we had been in practically any game Fenlon managed us in, we could have been 3 - 0 up by half time easily we were so good. But we lost 0 - 1 and that was the end for Fenlon, nobody cared how we had played, it was all about the result.

Our next game following Motherwell and Killie is Hearts at home … if we haven't done better than one point from the two previous games and we lose to Hearts only dogged support from the board and owner will save him, but if that happens we will once again be back to the bad old days where the fans and the club are totally at odds with each other.
    Exactly where I am at as well. Desperately want him to come good but struggling to see where it’s going to get better. The Hearts game will be a huge milestone one way or another!!

I've said since the Rangers game that I'd judge him after a round of fixtures. I now feel that if we give him that long the damage may be irreversible and I think we need to replace him asap. The team selections are baffling and are compounded by a negative style of play and clueless substitutions. His time is up
    Last edited by Partyraiser; 25-08-2019 at 01:05 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

Only week 3 guys

At least give him the first round of fixtures

See how far he takes us in the League Cup

Let’s see where we are at when the window slams shut on 2/9/2019

Hopefully no more English second division players I am done with them

I am a half full kinda guy but must admit starting to feel half empty

He stays for now

What about the end of last season?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Partyraiser View Post
    I've said since the Rangers game that I'd judge him after a round of fixtures. I now feel that if we give him that long the damage may be irreversible and I think we need to replace him asap. The team selections are baffling and are compounded by a negative style of play and clueless substitutions. His time is up
    This is it for me. I see no evidence that suggests he can turn it round and I feel waiting till a round of fixtures is done is basically giving up on the season.

@hibs.net private member
    His time has come and gone. 66% of fans on here want him out, crowds down, poor performance and now he’s blaming the fans. His after match comment about Scot Allan and fans booing was pathetic. Once a manager loses the support of the fans he’s gone. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ron Gordon sacks him this week.
    I also think LD is under pressure, poor appointment, spending £100k on cctv, no shirt sponsorship and attendances falling. The feel good factor has drained from Hibs.

Sad thing is all of us can see what’s happening as we’ve seen it before

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    He’s not going to survive in his position much longer.

Questions must be asked of the recruitment team also though, they got major credit with Stubbs and the players brought in, this appointment and the players over the summer is a complete disaster.
    Nothing to do with the recruitment team. He was told not to sign 2 of them. These are ALL his guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    Nothing to do with the recruitment team. He was told not to sign 2 of them. These are ALL his guys.

How could you possibly know that!!!!!

Solidify this made up lie, who were the two he was told not to sign?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    His time has come and gone. 66% of fans on here want him out, crowds down, poor performance and now he’s blaming the fans. His after match comment about Scot Allan and fans booing was pathetic. Once a manager loses the support of the fans he’s gone. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ron Gordon sacks him this week.
    I also think LD is under pressure, poor appointment, spending £100k on cctv, no shirt sponsorship and attendances falling. The feel good factor has drained from Hibs.

Dempster has been untouchable for a while but she has been very quiet ever since the Lennon debacle and I do think she is nearing the end of her time with us. She did a great job initially but weve gone backwards alarmingly in the last year in terms of recruitment and the feel good factor and she doesnt seem able to turn the tide. It's looking ever likely that Hecky was a poor appointment too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    How could you possibly know that!!!!!

Solidify this made up lie, who were the two he was told not to sign?
    He was warned off both Joe Newell and Josh Vela but he wanted them so the club backed him. He was given total control over who was brought in this season. If you can’t see that from the players we’ve signed then your eyes are painted on. NONE of his signings have any experience playing top flight football, never mind in Scotland. None of them are good enough and none of them will see out their contracts. Trust me on that.

He was warned off both Joe Newell and Josh Vela but he wanted them so the club backed him. He was given total control over who was brought in this season. If you can’t see that from the players we’ve signed then your eyes are painted on. NONE of his signings have any experience playing top flight football, never mind in Scotland. None of them are good enough and none of them will see out their contracts. Trust me on that.

I never said these were not his sigings, they clearly are. However, I highly doubt the integrity of your claim as very few people on the planet would know if thst actually happened. It'll now become a .net fact and another stick to beat him with.
    Last edited by Lee Marvin; 25-08-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post

All of that is very true but I’d be very, very surprised if he was away this week. No chance of that happening IMO.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Go,can't see him turning anything around.

Go asap

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar

I can believe this

totally absurd poll.

Hecky's record so far, in competitive matches is played 22, won 13 drew 4 lost 5. Very early days but that is one of the better records of any Hibs manager.

Great turn around last season to get top six well against the head, slightly disappointing results so this season but far far, too early to judge.

Sure the new signings have yet to shine, but it is only the third game of the season for God's sake. Some people should be totally ashamed of themselves and if this shameless short-termism and boo boys tactics continue you will drive decent fans away who want to enjoy a pleasant, enjoyable day out without endless cat calling and poor sportsmanship. Time to judge is at least 12-18months away.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Islington Hibs View Post
    totally absurd poll.

Hecky's record so far, in competitive matches is played 22, won 13 drew 4 lost 5. Very early days but that is one of the better records of any Hibs manager.

Great turn around last season to get top six well against the head, slightly disappointing results so this season but far far, too early to judge.

Sure the new signings have yet to shine, but it is only the third game of the season for God's sake. Some people should be totally ashamed of themselves and if this shameless short-termism and boo boys tactics continue you will drive decent fans away who want to enjoy a pleasant, enjoyable day out without endless cat calling and poor sportsmanship. Time to judge is at least 12-18months away.
    if we keep him for that long we'll be back in the championship. (i'm not being sarcastic) If we get thumped in the derby he will lose what remaining support he has left IMO.