hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Butcher

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84

Butcher

Interesting read from our ex player Tim Clancy, we all know how bad butcher was but this is the second ex Hibs player along with Thommo who has came out in the last few weeks saying how that spell under him taught him what not to do in management. (Not sure is link will work as posting on phone)

https://www.the42.ie/tim-clancy-st-pats-5652977-Jan2022/

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting read from our ex player Tim Clancy, we all know how bad butcher was but this is the second ex Hibs player along with Thommo who has came out in the last few weeks saying how that spell under him taught him what not to do in management. (Not sure is link will work as posting on phone)

https://www.the42.ie/tim-clancy-st-p...52977-Jan2022/
    Clancy was a disappointment

Butcher was a walking catastrophe

Coaching Staff
    Tim Clancy stole a wage at Hibs, awful player and professional, more interested in Twitter and boxing quips. Butcher was as awful as Tim.

Heart of a mouse too, played on 'injuries' - best thing he ever did was take a throw at Tynie and tell the fan he smelled. A truly awful player. Butcher probably told him the truth - he was lilian gish

Och I find all of these ex players slating ex managers very cheap and undignified. Kevin Thomson been at it too.

No problem having these opinions, but probably best kept to yourself if you’re a professional.

Not Hibs class

Clancy has a cheek, he was a wage thief. Pretended to be injured during his entire time with us. The odd time he did actually play he was absolute gash.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Clancy has a cheek, he was a wage thief. Pretended to be injured during his entire time with us. The odd time he did actually play he was absolute gash.
    I’m not sure how he has a cheek, or why anyone getting peed off at him for what he’s said in that article. He’s basically saying Butchers an arse, which is hard to disagree with.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Are you sure his injuries were faked?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Are you sure his injuries were faked?
    I find it very difficult to believe. His career was ruined by niggly injuries wherever he went, I think it’s much more likely he was just unlucky. What a terrible group of players we had in our defence back then. Mcgivern Nelson past it Maybury and Fraser Mullan.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

https://www.the42.ie/tim-clancy-st-p...52977-Jan2022/
    I had a pal who was at Hibs at the time and the stuff he told me about what Butcher and Malpas were up to beggared belief.

His treatment of Harris, Stanton and Forster was appalling and I know that that was something Thomson clashed with Butcher and Malpas over.

I often wonder how those 3’s career’s would’ve panned out if we didn’t appoint that pair.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I’m not sure how he has a cheek, or why anyone getting peed off at him for what he’s said in that article. He’s basically saying Butchers an arse, which is hard to disagree with.
    His biggest mistake was telling the Prima donnas in the team their gig was up at the end of the season, that includes Clancy, Thomson and a few others who downed tools and got us relegated.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    We had a poor run of managers with Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher, although Fenlon was responsible for some of the worse results in our history I have more of a dislike for Butcher

We had a poor run of managers with Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher, although Fenlon was responsible for some of the worse results in our history I have more of a dislike for Butcher
    Only fair to balance it out and say fenlon managed some great wins too. Fenlon was miles better than butcher and Calderwood

Was Clancy actually still around by that time? Can’t for the life of me remember him kicking a ball that season. Wage thief alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    Was Clancy actually still around by that time? Can’t for the life of me remember him kicking a ball that season. Wage thief alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He was injured. Don't think that's fair to call an injured player a wage theif. He was rubbish after a decent start, but he just had injuries.

Was Scott Allan a wage theif last season?

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He was injured. Don't think that's fair to call an injured player a wage theif. He was rubbish after a decent start, but he just had injuries.

Was Scott Allan a wage theif last season?
    Exactly.

What do you want to be when you grow up, son, a football player?

"No, dad, I will become good at football, but I want to sign for a team then pretend I'm injured all the time so I get paid for doing nothing until they end my contract and I can't get work anywhere else because of my history of injuries".

"Good lad".

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Ha has a cheek because as almost everyone has stated he contributed nothing to our great club,

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    Ha has a cheek because as almost everyone has stated he contributed nothing to our great club,
    That's a really stupid comment.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

What a poor comment. Any player who hardly plays due to injuries is a cheat and a “wage thief” according to you and a few others. Pathetic patter.

The one that sticks on my mind is the use of Liam Craig. The guy was captain one week, on the bench or out the squad the next, then brought back as captain. His treatment of players was horrendous and ultimately he got the worst out of them. Not to mention the long ball hoof style into channels, so much for the tactical and scouting dream team up and down that A9!! Thankfully all a distant memory.

At least Fenlon put his heart and soul into it and now has a genuine affection for the club. The others were just imposters. Although I think it was too big a job for him Fenlon left us in a better state than when he took over. Butcher made a **** of it. Fenlon had some horrible results but I'd still blether to him if I saw him. Not Caldewood or Butcher.
    Last edited by Since452; 23-01-2022 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    At least Fenlon put his heart and soul into it and now has a genuine affection for the club. The others were just imposters. Although I think it was too big a job for him Fenlon left us in a better state than when he took over. Butcher made a **** of it. Fenlon had some horrible results but I'd still blether to him if I saw him. Not Caldewood or Butcher.
    100%

Only fair to balance it out and say fenlon managed some great wins too. Fenlon was miles better than butcher and Calderwood
    Also worth mentioning that he was miles worse than quite a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    His biggest mistake was telling the Prima donnas in the team their gig was up at the end of the season, that includes Clancy, Thomson and a few others who downed tools and got us relegated.
    That was absolutely insane telling players that,when he did.

As for his and Malpas alleged bullying of players ?
    Schaedler and Blackley would have knocked both of them spark out.
    So senior players it seems turned a blind eye to the bullying of younger players?
    If so, shame on them.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    it's really not worth mentioning at all.

It applies to nearly every manager since Eddie Turnbull.

Put them in order if you like; https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._F.C._managers
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 23-01-2022 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Considering what he inherited, Pat done okay. Good few worse than him.

Considering what he inherited, Pat done okay. Good few worse than him.
    100%. Inherited a ****show. Club wasn't in a very good place at all. Job was too big for him but not even in the bottom 3 managers in my lifetime. Was unlucky with the likes of Deegan getting a broken jaw. Wasn't the same after it. Added a bit of steel.
    Last edited by Since452; 23-01-2022 at 04:17 PM.

Mentioning Fenlon in the same breath as Butcher and Calderwood is a hanging offence IMO. At least he cared, wasn't a bully and didn't spend his time looking in bags of sweeties. Thoroughly decent bloke as well by all accounts. Butcher and Calderwood can take a long walk off a short pier for all I care

First Team Breakthrough
    Genuinely have no memory whatsoever of him (Clancy) being at Hibs.

Duffy, Williamson, Calderwood, Butcher and sadly, Sauzee, were all much poorer managers than Pat Fenlon.

Even Pat Stanton and Bertie Auld had unsuccessful stints in charge. Jocky Scott was another.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhorn View Post
    Genuinely have no memory whatsoever of him (Clancy) being at Hibs.
    Me either.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk