hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Newell with a very good effort and once again a good save by the Dunfermline GK.

Much better now Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Last 10 minutes has been much better

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Players giving it 60% max. Fans need to stop worrying about these games.
    If you have played at any level you would know thats not true.

Players are literaly playing for places to impress team mates manager and fans.
    Last edited by LaMotta; 06-07-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yerauldda View Post
    Last 10 minutes has been much better
    Yep, keeping the ball down more often now. James looks decent to me.

Maybe these early pre-season games which are purely to get players fitness levels up should be played behind closed doors. Supporters would not be wetting themselves for no reason then.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    The day I lose my s**t over a pre-season defeat in only our second game (which might not even happen) is the day I start watching another sport.

You’d think we were getting rinsed 23v0 by Dukla Pumpherston. Heckingbottom has said himself he’s not bothered about the scorelines early doors so I won’t be rushing to pish my frillies just yet.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member
    Doidge runs length of park to stop Pars move. Best we have seen from him

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Dodge runs length of park to stop Pars move. Best we have seen from him
    He made a good dribble up the right wing earlier, but certainly hasn't had a scoring opportunity

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    The day I lose my s**t over a pre-season defeat in only our second game (which might not even happen) is the day I start watching another sport.

You’d think we were getting rinsed 23v0 by Dukla Pumpherston. Heckingbottom has said himself he’s not bothered about the scorelines early doors so I won’t be rushing to pish my frillies just yet.

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    The 3 ********s sitting behind me have got us relegated already. Absolute cretins.

Really poor so far team of strangers

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post

Agreed but our first competitive game is a week today so it would be nice to pick up a positive result if nothing else to start building a bit of momentum.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The score isn’t important but it’s still nice to win these games. At the very least you’re wanting to come away with a good idea of how we’re shaping up.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

1-0 Dunfermline half time.

Very poor start but have come into it more after 25-30 minutes or so.

McGeouch walks into this midfield though, pretty worried if we're not interested in him. No idea how to get out of the back.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Really poor

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The score isn’t important but it’s still nice to win these games. At the very least you’re wanting to come away with a good idea of how we’re shaping up.
    That's the key for me. I think it's entirely reasonable to start to make some judgements on pre season performances, rather than results. I would rather have an entire pre season campaign without a victory, full of good football and encouraging tactical signs, than one comprised of ugly victories.

We look honking

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Agreed but our first competitive game is a week today so it would be nice to pick up a positive result if nothing else to start building a bit of momentum.
    Don’t get me wrong, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want us to win every pre-season friendly we play but I hardly think it’s time to start doubting the manager or the new signings after 135 minutes of football. This is all about getting minutes into the legs and working on a few different ideas.

I’d be surprised if Heck hasn’t already got his starting XI and formation pretty much decided for next week.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Not bothered by result but we have absolutely zero team cohesion and, much like last season, bulk of our possession is passing across the back four from side to side.

Kit clash today

@hibs.net private member
    Got better as the half went on but not convinced by our shape. Doidge is very isolated and Newell seems to be floating around. Mallan and Allen very deep. Some positives though. Daz looks as strong and fit as ever, James looks a player, Fraser M looks very good and no injuries so far.
    Maybe the result is unimportant but we need to get results starting in a week and that means getting some partnerships forming and cohesion in the team. Hopefully not too many changes after half time

135 minutes into pre season football and people have written the season off already. Laughable really.

This is what happens when you sign a bunch of honking lower league English/Welsh lads who should be playing for a club like Motherwell/StJ. Heckingbottom has disaster written all over it.

It’s all utter *****. Stop friendlies.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    The amount of people getting their pants in a bunch is absurd, it's a pre-season friendly, a meaningless game to build fitness and give players a run out

Shockingly poor first half. Dunfermline have looked the better team

I'd expect us to beat Arbroath and Dunfermline pre season or not. I'd have thought the new guys would have been busting a gut to impress everyone. Not overly concerned but we need to step it up a bit

Not watching the game on Pars tv, and from what I can gather on the live audio broadcast we are pretty poor - so I'm off to watch the England women's football team -

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel 1875 View Post
    This is what happens when you sign a bunch of honking lower league English/Welsh lads who should be playing for a club like Motherwell/StJ. Heckingbottom has disaster written all over it.
    This is either a fishing trip or the ramblings of a weapons grade fud. I’m going for the former 😂