hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pathetic

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Just back from that embarrassment of a performance.

Very rarely i criticise after a performance but on this occasion, i'm going to. apart from it could easily have been 5/6 before HT let alone at full time, the team lack energy and desire and that's a huge worry after only two league games.

Heckingbottom, doesn't know his first choice team and this after numerous league cup games and friendlies. The players he has brought in that started today are powder-puff and not a lot to be encouraged for the foreseeable future.

I'm hoping soon that i'm going to see the high press that the manager suggested a few weeks ago but I have my doubts. Slightly worried for the rest of the season even after this short time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you chose not to read the “it gives me no pleasure” bit then?

What is pathetic about criticising the quality of signings, being told to give them a chance and 6 competitive matches later we are horsed 6-1. Too ‘Kn right I have held off but now I’m having my say. Call it pathetic but I call it being proved right unfortunately. Happy clap all you like, it won’t improve this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Can assure you I am far removed from being a happy Clapper after that today...the jury is well and truly out on both the manager, the new signings and even the ambition of our board

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Interesting opening post.

It’s like folk have been walking on eggshells on here about ‘Hecky’, afraid to criticise him at all.

I always thought there was an underlying feeling of ‘nah, this guys not got it’ but that folk were just keeping quiet.

I was kinda adopting the “if you’ve nothing positive to say” line!

I think this result changes that and we can indeed talk more freely about him.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Worrying way to look at it is Bartley is faster than Newell. Adding to that, Newell is being played wide left in a team whose manager wants a high press. We could have made Bartley our right winger...

High press with snails ain’t going to work boss.
    Dont be silly

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Heckingbotttom is starting to look like he is taking the club back to days of calderwood , fenlon , butcher. I really dont see how his style (whatever that is) fits with the supposed ethos of the clubs structure. Id be happy to get shot of him to be honest. Dull , boring , negative are all words id use to describe him and his hibernian team

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Dont be silly
    Newell left wing in a team is as silly as Bartley wide right as far as I’m concerned. Still not seen how Newell made it as a pro footballer tbh. Hecky takes most of the blame here, kept saying high press and win the ball back early but has brought in slow players that have zero bite.

Hecky has 2 games for me. Poor results and he should be shown door and take recruitment team with him.

Hibs performance today is not a surprise to me nor should it be to the majority of fans who have had concerns over the managers signings and tactics.

But it seems that anyone with even an ounce of ‘negativity’ or that was going against the grain was instantly shot down in previous weeks ‘It’s just Pre-Season’ ‘The new signings need time to bed in’ excuses that don’t cut it anymore.

Hibs have evidently gone backwards since the Scottish Cup win, and the championship side of that season would wipe the floor with this one made up of bang average lower English league players.

Of course it wasn’t going to be straightforward to replace what was arguably the best midfield in Scotland with (McGinn, McGeoch & Allan).

Heckingbottom turned down the chance to resign McGeoch. For what? The likes of Joe Newell?

Heckingbottom has categorically, underestimated the standard of Scottish Football. We downed tools towards the end of last season, having missed out on Europe, and it’s carried into this season.

Where is the high press he spoke of? And his idea that he would take players to fitness levels they’ve never reached before? Forgive me if I’m wrong but I’m yet too see it.

I have backed him since he came in the door but If he’s genuinely happy with our squad going into the season then he’s a bigger fool than we all think.

We must genuinely have the slowest defence in the league. Although I can’t fault Whittaker’s performances so far this campaign, generally teams pushing for European football don’t have 35 year old full backs.

Sadly I think this is normality returning. Our last two managers were a high-water mark in terms of how they viewed Rangers. Stubbs and Lennon would've both rather died than gone down like that, 6-1 at Ibrox. We're now back to having managers who go there with a negative mindset, ah well 🙃.

I understand that a number of you won’t agree with me but football is about opinions. I hope I am wrong, I really do, but it’s going to be a long old season.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Just as well that the result is all about us and nothing to do with the opposition clearly being a better team than they were last season.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDayInMay View Post
    Hibs performance today is not a surprise to me nor should it be to the majority of fans who have had concerns over the managers signings and tactics.

But it seems that anyone with even an ounce of ‘negativity’ or that was going against the grain was instantly shot down in previous weeks ‘It’s just Pre-Season’ ‘The new signings need time to bed in’ excuses that don’t cut it anymore.

Hibs have evidently gone backwards since the Scottish Cup win, and the championship side of that season would wipe the floor with this one made up of bang average lower English league players.

Of course it wasn’t going to be straightforward to replace what was arguably the best midfield in Scotland with (McGinn, McGeoch & Allan).

Heckingbottom turned down the chance to resign McGeoch. For what? The likes of Joe Newell?

Heckingbottom has categorically, underestimated the standard of Scottish Football. We downed tools towards the end of last season, having missed out on Europe, and it’s carried into this season.

Where is the high press he spoke of? And his idea that he would take players to fitness levels they’ve never reached before? Forgive me if I’m wrong but I’m yet too see it.

I have backed him since he came in the door but If he’s genuinely happy with our squad going into the season then he’s a bigger fool than we all think.

We must genuinely have the slowest defence in the league. Although I can’t fault Whittaker’s performances so far this campaign, generally teams pushing for European football don’t have 35 year old full backs.

Sadly I think this is normality returning. Our last two managers were a high-water mark in terms of how they viewed Rangers. Stubbs and Lennon would've both rather died than gone down like that, 6-1 at Ibrox. We're now back to having managers who go there with a negative mindset, ah well 🙃.

I understand that a number of you won’t agree with me
    but football is about opinions. I hope I am wrong, I really do, but it’s going to be a long old season.
    On the contrary, I think you make a number of good points.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Jury is well truly out for me. Aside from the goal, we were ****ing rotten all day. That is not the Hibs that we have come to expect at Ibrox. They are a much improved side who have spent alot of money and there would be no shame in losing, but to lose in the manner we did is unacceptable. That kind of performance keeps up Heckingbottom won't see the end of September as Hibs boss. The signs were all there in pre-season and after the split last season but we were all told we were bed wetting, maybe just give those of us who noticed credit for noticing in advance. We are a good 5 or 6 GOOD players short of being anywhere near top 5. The system doesn't work and there is zero evidence of this high press attacking football that he wants to play.

Not a single one of his signings have impressed me at all and we have regressed to pre-relegation Hibs again.

From Obscene Omeonga to Dazzling Doidge.................

Think someone's due a name change

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Jury is well truly out for me. Aside from the goal, we were ****ing rotten all day. That is not the Hibs that we have come to expect at Ibrox. They are a much improved side who have spent alot of money and there would be no shame in losing, but to lose in the manner we did is unacceptable. That kind of performance keeps up Heckingbottom won't see the end of September as Hibs boss. The signs were all there in pre-season and after the split last season but we were all told we were bed wetting, maybe just give those of us who noticed credit for noticing in advance. We are a good 5 or 6 GOOD players short of being anywhere near top 5. The system doesn't work and there is zero evidence of this high press attacking football that he wants to play.

Not a single one of his signings have impressed me at all and we have regressed to pre-relegation Hibs again.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Newell left wing in a team is as silly as Bartley wide right as far as I’m concerned. Still not seen how Newell made it as a pro footballer tbh. Hecky takes most of the blame here, kept saying high press and win the ball back early but has brought in slow players that have zero bite.

Hecky has 2 games for me. Poor results and he should be shown door and take recruitment team with him.
    Newell in any position in a Hibs team is silly. I just can't see what the boy adds at all, and I'm amazed Heckingbottom has signed him. He's a complete passenger. The last left sided player I can recall who looked so out of his depth was Alan O'Brien - who at least had the redeeming quality of being Ivan Sproule on a motorbike 😁

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Pathetic is being kind.

That was a sackable performance. Heckingbottom couldn’t complain if he got his jotters after that.
    Matty, I had my rant after the Elgin game, took my pelters from those who can’t debate and then you made the fair point that we can’t judge until after the first round of fixtures.

I felt that was fair and said we’d revisit at that point.

Do you still think we’ll need that long?

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Just as well that the result is all about us and nothing to do with the opposition clearly being a better team than they were last season.
    We got ripped a new one today mate. I for one couldnt give a flying **** about Rangers being a better team. We were all over the place , gave rangers far too much space to build attacks , and were giving the ball away all over constantly in our own half. Lets just say i wont be paying through the nose to watch that pish in glasgow as long as our current manager is at the helm

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Interesting opening post.

It’s like folk have been walking on eggshells on here about ‘Hecky’, afraid to criticise him at all.

I always thought there was an underlying feeling of ‘nah, this guys not got it’ but that folk were just keeping quiet.

I was kinda adopting the “if you’ve nothing positive to say” line!

I think this result changes that and we can indeed talk more freely about him.
    Yes. I put my opinion out there about him during the league cup and now every post I am called out by the same names. He deserves criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    From Obscene Omeonga to Dazzling Doidge.................

Think someone's due a name change
    I don't think Doidge was the issue today, he should never have started in the first place.

I was hoping for so much from Hibs today and now I have already lost hope for the rest of the season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Hecky must go. Absolute pathetic performance. Embarrassing. What a waste of nearly £100 the day.
    TBF if I’d just spent 100 quid on that I would be gutted. Sorry mate 😦

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Our defence was crap. Hanlon and McGregor are Cart horses and are finished. Whitty done ok but had no cover from Horgan. Mackie was the same. No cover from newell.

McGregor and Mackie booked early doors so always walking a tightrope. The first goal the 2 centre half’s are statues as Defoe runs in with about 8 yds radius of space without a Hibs player near him. Shocking stuff.
    Hanlon was our best outfield player.... Rangers comms constantly said that.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    We just shipped 6 goals. He might’ve been our best outfield player but that doesn’t mean he played well. Not that you’ll admit that.

He was rotten. McGregor and Whittaker were worse. Mackie isn’t good enough.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    He wasnt, him and McGregor were very poor

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    We just shipped in 6 goals are you for real ?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Matty, I had my rant after the Elgin game, took my pelters from those who can’t debate and then you made the fair point that we can’t judge until after the first round of fixtures.

I felt that was fair and said we’d revisit at that point.

Do you still think we’ll need that long?
    Being objective, yeah but I’m not feeling massively objective right now after that.

I think the round of fixtures is always a decent time to take stock, though.

I can’t believe I’m about to make this point because it feels like I’m justifying things, and I’m not wanting to, but Celtic have scored 12 goals in 2 games, and I think we’ll see scores like today and Celtic’s with depressing regularity this season.

I’m not a fan of knee jerk reactions, generally, so in the time taken to construct this post I’ve decided that a round of fixtures still feels like the right thing to do.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I dont think we had a best player today mate. They were all absolutely brutal to a man. The midfield we selected and tactics deployed were the reason for that today

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Being objective, yeah but I’m not feeling massively objective right now after that.

I think the round of fixtures is always a decent time to take stock, though.

I can’t believe I’m about to make this point because it feels like I’m justifying things, and I’m not wanting to, but Celtic have scored 12 goals in 2 games, and I think we’ll see scores like today and Celtic’s with depressing regularity this season.

I’m not a fan of knee jerk reactions, generally, so in the time taken to construct this post I’ve decided that a round of fixtures still feels like the right thing to do.
    I see your point, I accept your point, I disagree with your point.

Sack him and sack him quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    I dont think we had a best player today mate. They were all absolutely brutal to a man. The midfield we selected and tactics deployed were the reason for that today
    Horgan looked pretty good out on the wing for a spell, seemed to be out only attack minded player today

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Horgan looked pretty good out on the wing for a spell, seemed to be out only attack minded player today
    Allan?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Allan?
    On reflection yes allan also, horgan just seemed to want to push forward a bit more than the others, vela and mallan were not so good!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

He was towing a caravan again today along with McGregor, both were statues at the first goal... We lost 6-1, Hanlon and McGregor were turned inside out the whole game, get real mate. Both are past it.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatDayInMay View Post

I understand that a number of you won’t agree with me but football is about opinions. I hope I am wrong, I really do, but it’s going to be a long old season.