hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

St Mirren & Partick Thistle Fans to Sit Together

For the upcoming Scottish Cup tie in Paisley there will be areas for fans of both clubs to sit together. Interesting move by the clubs. Hope it's a success......wonder if we'll get to do the same at the next Derby!

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/p...-in-cup-clash/

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    good on them, hopefully a success

The saints game 2 seasons ago had a stand like that,my daughters favourite game👍
    ggtth

@hibs.net private member
    And not before time. This should be possible at every ground but sadly we keep promoting conflict instead of sport by telling people they need to be segregated. I always felt that we Edinburgh clubs missed an opportunity after the two Liverpool teams did it following Hillsborough. Every club in the country could and should IMHO have grasped that opportunity to take down the segregation barriers and give the occasion back to the supporters. Yes, including the ugly sisters. I have long felt that segregation promotes tribalism. No chance now I fear but with seated stadia it should not be beyond the game to achieve

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cam75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The saints game 2 seasons ago had a stand like that,my daughters favourite game
    ggtth
    Good point, it's happened for years at St Johnstone.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    And not before time. This should be possible at every ground but sadly we keep promoting conflict instead of sport by telling people they need to be segregated. I always felt that we Edinburgh clubs missed an opportunity after the two Liverpool teams did it following Hillsborough. Every club in the country could and should IMHO have grasped that opportunity to take down the segregation barriers and give the occasion back to the supporters. Yes, including the ugly sisters. I have long felt that segregation promotes tribalism. No chance now I fear but with seated stadia it should not be beyond the game to achieve
    Fans prove week after week all over the world they cannot be trusted.

When bams stop running on the park, throwing bottles/coins and setting off fireworks/flares we might have a case for the removal of segregation.

I go to rugby and we all stand together/sit.

People drink and stuff and never any trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    I agree.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

At Fulham you can go in this stand where they have away end at one end and rest of it is netruel and this was when in premiership.

I sat in netruel bit with a Newcastle fan.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post

Rugby benefits from the way it's officiated though, a ref is generally respected and most of the time it hard to tell whether they are right or wrong. Football fans would be pissed off and be in disagreement with those around them every few minutes.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post

Football Forum.

None of your egg nonsense on hear.

And I don't want to be sitting next to a opposition fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Fans prove week after week all over the world they cannot be trusted.

When bams stop running on the park, throwing bottles/coins and setting off fireworks/flares we might have a case for the removal of segregation.
    We have had plenty of threads on here complaining about the over policing of football fans. Yet the idea of sitting near rival fans is dismissed because we can't be trusted to behave.

Maybe we should trial it at Easter Road for the Rangers game next year?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    We have had plenty of threads on here complaining about the over policing of football fans. Yet the idea of sitting near rival fans is dismissed because we can't be trusted to behave.

And we can't be trusted, FFS we can't even sit next to our own fans without fights/arguments taking place whether it be ER Dumbarton or Hampden.

I would say maybe a good idea if it was family's only, but Hampden showed that even mums & dads with there kids can't behave, there is a reason we are separated, because we can't be trusted to behave ourself's.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    And we can't be trusted, FFS we can't even sit next to our own fans without fights/arguments taking place whether it be ER Dumbarton or Hampden.

I would say maybe a good idea if it was family's only, but Hampden showed that even mums & dads with there kids can't behave, there is a reason we are separated, because we can't be trusted to behave ourself's.
    I agree with you about doing it with family sections.
    I'd see that as a starting point only though.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    The majority could cope. The minority would spoil it. I know which group would get the headlines.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    There are Hibs supporters I didn't want to sit next to at matches - let alone fans of other teams.

Derby days for me were always the same - meet up with a crew of mates for beer, hibees and Jambos, before the match the same again after. The losers always got it tight but it was always good craic whatever.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 10-12-2015 at 11:36 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    The majority could cope. The minority would spoil it. I know which group would get the headlines.
    Spot on

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Prior to the Cup Final in 2012 there were concerns about thousands of rival fans travelling from Edinburgh to Glasgow for the day, but the atmosphere that morning was something special. Even non football fans remarked about it. On the train through, Hibs and Hearts fans shared carriages despite intentions to segregate trains, but everyone sat in their own company looking forward to the game, and without trouble. The day did somewhat turn sour after that on the pitch of course, but there was some evidence that day that we can be trusted to behave ourselves with other fans. I wouldn't like to sit in mixed stands as I like the tribalism and camaraderie of watching my team with like minded people, but have no problem, and enjoy mixing with fans of our opposition pre/post match.
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 10-12-2015 at 11:51 AM.

Just think it is good the St Mirren and Partick fans can keep each other company.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I'd hate sitting next to an opposition supporter, I like the them against us part of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I'd hate sitting next to an opposition supporter, I like the them against us part of football.
    This for me too. It works in rugby, everything's a bit more friendly there though. I don't want games against the OF/hearts/Aberdeen to have a friendly atmosphere.

Saying that, for the games against smaller teams who your lucky if they bring two tractors' worth i'd have no problem sticking them (together) in an empty section of any of the three home stands. You'd get no trouble and it save Hibs a load of money through closing a stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Not for me either. Have no problem being around opositiob fans pre and post match, woukd have no interest in sitting next then while they moan/ celebrate during a game

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    For the upcoming Scottish Cup tie in Paisley there will be areas for fans of both clubs to sit together. Interesting move by the clubs. Hope it's a success......wonder if we'll get to do the same at the next Derby!

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/p...-in-cup-clash/
    What's new ? Hearts fans sit with away supporters at every Hibs home game.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    What's new ? Hearts fans sit with away supporters at every Hibs home game.
    And vice versa (not sure why you mentioned hearts first as if they are some huge entity). Difference is we don't broadcast it.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeith View Post
    Maybe we should trial it at Easter Road for the Rangers game next year?
    Hibs already do it by selling hospitality in the west, it's had the odd kerfuffle in the past depending on the importance of the game.

The examples cited in this thread in terms of Fulham, rugby league and additionally the Bundesliga all have away sections as well, be it self-segregated in a sense or full on fenced in stuff as is the case with the ultras in Germany, with the mixed sections elsewhere being families, older folk etc.

There is certainly scope for looking after both ends of the spectrum, and might even alleviate the odd issues you get with people complaining that their views are blocked by people standing up etc.

Sadly far to many bell ends in football that make right Noal Hunts of themselves for it to work. 99% want to watch football but the other just want to scream abuse or look for bother and it would only take one to kick it off.

Look at the hassle we've had with our own fans at away games!!

Not for me. One of the best, if not the best, thing about going to games is the rivalry, banter and one
    -upmanship you get with the oppositions fans. Particularly so in the big games but even against the likes of dundee utd etc.

Take that away from football and I doubt i'd attend again.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    I enjoy watching games in the pub when you have a broad range of supporters. Even if you don't follow the teams you're watching, it makes it more interesting when you have people who are invested in the result near by. I watched a Dundee derby in a pub with an Arab, 2 dons and a hun, the chat was more fun than the match. I think fans mixing is a great idea, and would enhance the match day experience.