hibs.net Messageboard

Page 470 of 558 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480520 ... LastLast
Results 14,071 to 14,100 of 16724
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ......... or to his Italian tailor in Milan.
    More like the local chippy by the look of it!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    What chest size are his strides?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    That pitiful rag is so biased in favour of one edinburgh team it’s untrue.
    Wouldn’t expect anything less tbh.

They very very rarely print anything negative about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Dry your eyes, greetin' faced clown.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...ebacle-2908329

Hearts captain Steven Naismith has branded Scottish football a “laughing stock” following the fallout from the termination of the 2019/20 SPFL season.

The Scotland international is set to drop down and play in the Scottish Championship for the first time in his career.

Naismith has been far from impressed with what he has witnessed since March, from the SPFL's resolution and the Dundee vote controversy to failed league reconstruction and a legal challenge.

Hearts and Partick Thistle’s case against relegation set to begin in an independent tribunal as part of the Scottish FA’s arbitration process next week.

The 33-year-old has compared the situation to a “comedy strip” when trying to explain it to people involved in English football, and how it is a “laughing stock down there” .

“It’s been the darkest time since I’ve taken an interest in football," he told the Scottish Sun. “It’s shown up a lot of bad practice.

“The whole thing is ludicrous and a scandal. The mentality of a lot of clubs in Scotland is self-interest. For the last ten years Scottish football has been getting lower and lower in quality.”

He added: "It’s embarrassing and the way things are set up is ridiculous. You’ve got a structure that doesn’t work."

Naismith, who feels there are too many professional clubs in the country, has called on Scottish football to step out of the shadow of England and make changes which set the game on its own path.

"We’re never going to be the same as the English leagues and have the same backing, so stop trying to compare,” he said.

“We need to build something that’s different, generates good quality young players coming through academies, which will give players’ better income and is competitive year on year.

“It was such a good chance to try and build some foundations to project Scottish football in a new light but it was a missed chance again."

The player has little faith significant changes will be made, noting “there are too many people who love where they sit and have this ego of where they are”.

Even more so with relationships between clubs at an all-time low.

“It’s ironic you’ve got clubs saying they need to try to come together to pay for these legal fees," Naismith said.

"A month ago they voted to punish other teams for a competition that wasn’t even finished. Now it’s got so messy and gone to legal arbitration processes which has left club relationships up in smoke.

“Everyone is pointing the finger at each other."

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Perhaps Steven Naismith could answer this question: in what way does a 14 team top flight achieve any of the changes he wants to see?

I’d love to know.

First Team Breakthrough
    Personally, I'm laughing at English yo-yo clubs like Norwich who pay millions of pounds in wages to a player who's not good enough to get in their squad and who then shafts them for an extra £40k at the end of their contract in spite of having a new club to sign for.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Wouldn’t expect anything less tbh.

They very very rarely print anything negative about them.

Comedy strip. Brilliant from the mind that argues less clubs as his Owner was demanding more. He's obviously not read the brief.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Perhaps Steven Naismith could answer this question: in what way does a 14 team top flight achieve any of the changes he wants to see?

I’d love to know.
    Perhaps the dirty wee rat faced ******* could take a look in the mirror and ask if he could have done more to help his club last season? Was ‘injured’ for the majority of games yet was available for Scotland games?!

**** him, he’s as relevant as my next jobby.

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    The quality has reduced over the last ten years and you still finished bottom. Everyone is not pointing the finger at everyone else, they are pointing at you.

So I take it he’ll be brought before the authorities for his comments??....
    no wait!!

Another Hearts employee trotting out the bizarre line that clubs voted to punish them. Ann Budge has a lot to answer for due to her creating and repeating this line in the media simply to save her own bacon. Hearts fans are blaming everyone apart from her. They want to see other clubs suffer because they've been taken in by her deflection. She is a toxic entity in Scottish football.

I wonder what Naismith’s opinion might be on players being paid £6k per week to make 21 appearances and score 5 goals for a relegated side.

Enhancing Scottish football?

Will similar end product in the championship help or hinder Scottish football?

He’s trying to get the fans back onside with his gob, as his boots have been struggling.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    WTF is Robbie Neilson wearing on STV news tonight?!! ... ahahahaha Looks like some kind of hideous tartan corset.

More to the point, WTF was he thinking?!!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Gosh, that had me looking to see if there was a tartan scarf attached to his wrist, because the last time I saw high waisters like these the Bay City Rollers were in the charts

Left by mutual consent!
    Naismith: Scottish football has been getting progressively worse for the past ten years.

Naismith:plays for the worst team in the Prem over a period of 18 months.

What does that say for the career of the wee runt?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    So I take it he’ll be brought before the authorities for his comments??....
    no wait!!

What a trumpet. Changing to a 14 team Premiership temporarily was the big chance to improve the product? Its because Hearts fans button up the back, they think everyone else does.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Europe? The only overseas trip he need worry about are the ones across the Forth, Clackmananshire and Tay Bridges
    Do the winners of the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Cup not get a European spot, asking for a friend?

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    Do the winners of the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Cup not get a European spot, asking for a friend?

Only if it’s Hearts.

Not that they’d ever ask for special treatment, you understand... it’s all about fairness and the good of the game.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Just speaking to a family who’s lad is at the Hearts academy
    They had contact last night to safe it’s all secure, and hope to start up again in September
    Must be the lad Anderson again, funding it

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    They had contact last night to safe it’s all secure, and hope to start up again in September

Depending on the outcome of arbitration, it will either be their benefactors or it will be you, me and every other Scottish football supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    Personally, I'm laughing at English yo-yo clubs like Norwich who pay millions of pounds in wages to a player who's not good enough to get in their squad and who then shafts them for an extra £40k at the end of their contract in spite of having a new club to sign for.
    To be fair, Norwich aren't really known for that at all. Actually a very well run club and have been for years. Naismith is a rare mistake from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I heard Hibs are now aiming for the same.

@hibs.net private member
    “There’s too many professional teams in Scotland. We should add 2 more.”

Who’s the laughing stock?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post

Had a wee chuckle at that too.

Would be nice if the occasional journalist questioned the drivel they are being told at times.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I heard Hibs are now aiming for the same.

Things moving fast now

Left by mutual consent!
    Naismith is an utter *****

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Had a wee chuckle at that too.

Would be nice if the occasional journalist questioned the drivel they are being told at times.
    It amazes me how they don’t ask the basics and trip folk up with their contradictions.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    It amazes me how they don’t ask the basics and trip folk up with their contradictions.
    I get that they need to protect their relationship and don’t want to make the player look stupid.

If there’s a clear contradiction though, either ask them to explain it further or if they’re too stupid to be able to do that then don’t print the contradiction, leave that part out.

Shouldn’t be as simple as asking players for quotes and just putting it to print without question.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Dry your eyes, greetin' faced clown.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...ebacle-2908329

Hearts captain Steven Naismith has branded Scottish football a “laughing stock” following the fallout from the termination of the 2019/20 SPFL season.

The Scotland international is set to drop down and play in the Scottish Championship for the first time in his career.

Naismith has been far from impressed with what he has witnessed since March, from the SPFL's resolution and the Dundee vote controversy to failed league reconstruction and a legal challenge.

Hearts and Partick Thistle’s case against relegation set to begin in an independent tribunal as part of the Scottish FA’s arbitration process next week.

The 33-year-old has compared the situation to a “comedy strip” when trying to explain it to people involved in English football, and how it is a “laughing stock down there” .

“It’s been the darkest time since I’ve taken an interest in football," he told the Scottish Sun. “It’s shown up a lot of bad practice.

“The whole thing is ludicrous and a scandal. The mentality of a lot of clubs in Scotland is self-interest. For the last ten years Scottish football has been getting lower and lower in quality.”

He added: "It’s embarrassing and the way things are set up is ridiculous. You’ve got a structure that doesn’t work."

Naismith, who feels there are too many professional clubs in the country, has called on Scottish football to step out of the shadow of England and make changes which set the game on its own path.

"We’re never going to be the same as the English leagues and have the same backing, so stop trying to compare,” he said.

“We need to build something that’s different, generates good quality young players coming through academies, which will give players’ better income and is competitive year on year.

“It was such a good chance to try and build some foundations to project Scottish football in a new light but it was a missed chance again."

The player has little faith significant changes will be made, noting “there are too many people who love where they sit and have this ego of where they are”.

Even more so with relationships between clubs at an all-time low.

“It’s ironic you’ve got clubs saying they need to try to come together to pay for these legal fees," Naismith said.

"A month ago they voted to punish other teams for a competition that wasn’t even finished. Now it’s got so messy and gone to legal arbitration processes which has left club relationships up in smoke.

“Everyone is pointing the finger at each other."
    HTF an ex Rangers player with an EBT can come out with that complete garbage is quite simply staggering.

“It’s been the darkest time since I’ve taken an interest in football,"

Just get tae you moron

I can't understand how an employee of Hearts has the audacity to claim there is too much self interest in Scottish football when all his club are focused on is their own self interest. Why are hour journalists not asking basic questions or challenging these things?

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    I can't understand how an employee of Hearts has the audacity to claim there is too much self interest in Scottish football when all his club are focused on is their own self interest. Why are hour journalists not asking basic questions or challenging these things?
    The journalism has been weak and pathetic with the odd exception like Bill Leckie