hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But what if the fanbase are wrong? I sit among them week after week and have come to the conclusion that most of them haven't got a clue.
    But you do (have a clue) and you think you are correct.

Fitba eh, opinions......

2. Log in to remove the advert

Can people who love Heckingbottom stop with the Neil Lennon comparisons? I’m yet to see a groundswell of posters who want Heckingbottom out say they wish Lennon was still here. He is irrelevant to this debate.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    But you do (have a clue) and you think you are correct.

Fitba eh, opinions......
    Some people around me have been objectively wrong, mixing players up, calling for offsides that never were - so yes, that does influence how much I value their input.

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Not put Vela in Allan's position would be a start. I'm generally a "happy clapper" but that was utterly incomprehensible.
    I'm a 'get rid of him now' er. But I think it might be a start if he played Allan in Allan's position not out on the bloody wing!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Fans are fickle. If we take 7 points from our next 3 games, and 3 of those come against Hearts, then people will be lining up to crow about how they aren't 'bedwetters' and they always believed in Hecky.
    Nope, they won’t, it won’t make a difference.

Even if we’d won 2-1 today the feedback on here would have been the same.

Eye bleeding, slow, lack of passion etc etc. That’s all still there and the odd result papering over the cracks won’t cut it.

The club needs to make the change quickly and nip this is the bud.

Should have agreed to Appleton's release clause. Heck is miles out his depth.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Eye bleeding, slow, lack of passion etc etc. That’s all still there and the odd result papering over the cracks won’t cut it.

Exactly this. Played off our home park by a team that lost to forfar and Montrose and that got destroyed 7 0 by celtic.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    It’s worrying that he has been allowed to put his stamp on the team and taken the quality so far backwards.

Last season he still had Lennons players, who we knew were capable but the chemistry with NL was no longer right. Now? Really poor.

"The customer", if we're reducing Hibs' support down to a single hypothetical person, has nearly doubled in size since a certain Scottish Cup triumph. Perhaps those who got back on the bandwagon once we won something are struggling to come to terms with the fact that it's not all roses when it comes to following Hibs.

Get your point, I have followed HFC for 50 years however, is it unreasonable of the support (all, not just new ST holders since 2016) to expect us to at least play better than we did today?

Perhaps it is not too much to expect a win against a side that has struggled from the start of the season. They outplayed us for long spells today and a neutral would be confused if you told them we were the home side and with the better start.

Lastly, why would you feel it is right to have a go at supporters who “got back on the bandwagon ........”, we are all Hibs’ supporters and they are as good a supporter and as welcome at ER as you or I?

Pains me to hear the amount on here who blame or have a go at the support, regardless how long they have had a ST.

Resign and take your lower league duds with you

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel 1875 View Post
    Can people who love Heckingbottom stop with the Neil Lennon comparisons? I’m yet to see a groundswell of posters who want Heckingbottom out say they wish Lennon was still here. He is irrelevant to this debate.
    👍 totally agree,some ppl trying really hard to bring lennon into the debate.

This is heckingbottoms doing.what you all are watching is what he regards as high pressing, energetic football.

And its anything but.

Some people around me have been objectively wrong, mixing players up, calling for offsides that never were - so yes, that does influence how much I value their input.

You did say say in your post - most- not some. Yes there are some around me too but it certainly not most of the support.

Assuming that means a resignation, why?

He's got credit in the bank from his work between February and April, which turned a potentially disastrous season into a decent one.
    How much of the improvement do you think was down to having Marc McNulty upfront?

Agreed. Had we not lost that goal, I wouldn’t feel much different.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    I don't think you watched us in the Championship under Stubbs, in that case...
    I did but we are on an anonymous Internet forum so how are you expected to know.

We lost too many games against beatable sides, with many of the goals coming late on. We were good against TRFC and Hearts but too often weren’t able to put alleged lesser sides away.

Take that to today, Horgan has 2 opportunities to play over the top passes to players running through and scuffs both. That’s not a lack of talent at this level it’s a lack of belief.

Stubbs is a Legend for winning the cup. His 3rd place in the championship was less impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    I see us being in a similar position as we were under Calderwood. Lame duck manager unpopular with the support but Board not wanting to sack him early on. We'll limp along in much the same way as we've started as there is insufficient ability in the players brought in to play the type of football the manager proclaims he wants us playing.

He'll still be manager by Xmas unless he chucks it and resigns as I dont see Dempster sacking him. She is not one for admitting errors.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Heck just needs to find a formula that works in midfield. The defense are being over run and the ball is coming into and around the box far too often. We have far too many passengers in midfield and I just can't see where Scottie fits in if we stick with Mallan.Heck has to take some of the blame for players performances and the balance in midfield. Allan today may have been playing out of position but he was atrocious. Horgan looked like he had his laces tied together and Mallan is never a DM and looks so much better when he is higher up the park.

I am fairly neutral on Heck. I like what he says but there hasn't been enough evidence of his said plan on the park. His signings haven't been great, so far, but I don't think, on the whole, they are disastrous. Doidge has started slowly but there were decent signs today, Jackson looks OK, James looks decent and Newell hasn't been great but not played a huge amount and look at Horgan today if you want to see how poor wingers can be. Vela looks like he might do a job but is lacking fitness, we knew that. We also have SDG and Lewis far from fully match fit which was a big part of the problems today as the wingers were winning most of their 1 on 1s and there were far too many 1 on 1s as the midfield were not stopping the passes or even slowing them down. Our biggest problem is we lack legs in midfield just as we did when Heck took over. One the players brought in to remedy this has played a handful of games and the other just arrived and contributed 1 half time draw so far. He has only had a single window to deal with this issue. Rome wasn't built in a day.

The players played very poorly barring an odd few today. I don't think the shape helped and there did seem to be a lack of energy. Was it the shape, is it the motivation from the manager or just a bad day at the office for too many players, I suspect a mixture of all three with a dash of a Saints team who have a great record at ER recently. It's all too early to be sure for me but given the venom shown by some I doubt I'll have the chance to make my mind up before Heck is chased. That will of course cost a fortune and may be the start of years of issues.

Heck has found himself with a squad that was very unbalanced, lacking pace and motivation and had legends starting to feel the years in their legs. He has had one window and it isn't clicking just now. Saying that we got a point today at home to St Johnstone who scored very late to earn their point. On their last two visits with Lennon in charge they scored very late on both occasions for all three points. It is an improvement in result but the performance was poor. I don't think I would blame the manager for the subs but he has to take his share of the blame for St Js looking the better team at ER given the respective budgets.

I hope he goes on to be a successful manager but Hibs fans turn on managers very quickly and it usually comes down to style of football more than results, the two tend to go hand in hand though. As a support it does feel we are hoping the team fails so Heck gets emptied. That is not a support to me and the treatment Heck has received is ridiculous. Careful what you wish for as the last time the support behaved like this when a manager was playing workmanlike football but safely in the middle of the league we got Butcher. I fear the similar will happen again.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    But what if the fanbase are wrong? I sit among them week after week and have come to the conclusion that most of them haven't got a clue.
    100% this.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    I think he's already f***** it in all honesty with some of his signings, but if they somehow pull it around and get used to playing in front of more than just the wealdstone raider and his dug and they win the derby it might buy him something.

Can see Levein getting the better of him though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Captain.... View Post
    I see us being in a similar position as we were under Calderwood. Lame duck manager unpopular with the support but Board not wanting to sack him early on. We'll limp along in much the same way as we've started as there is insufficient ability in the players brought in to play the type of football the manager proclaims he wants us playing.

He'll still be manager by Xmas unless he chucks it and resigns as I dont see Dempster sacking him. She is not one for admitting errors.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    I basically said the same on another thread.

Win

Totally agree. It’s an easy soundbite to say fans are fickle but they can see when something isn’t working. Change needed but I think the board will let him see out the season.

to get those who want him out back on side.

An improvement in the style of football?
    A derby win?
    A couple of exciting signings?
    Beating Killie to get to Hampden?

Or is the situation completely unsalvageable in the eyes of some?

• Sign the players that are quite obviously missing from our squad, e.g. a Defensive Midfielder
    • Play players in their correct positions on the pitch, like Allan in the centre of the park.
    • Completely change his instructions on the style of play so we don't have to watch eye-bleedingly dull football.
    • Sort out the obvious deficiencies in the defence.
    • Stop making strange substitutions, like when we're getting humped at Ibrox and have gone down to ten men, suddenly deciding it's a good idea to bring on an extra striker.
    • Stop wasting the club's money on players that don't look like they're ever going to be good enough for this level of football. IMHO, he's signed one decent player and the rest are dross.
    • Stop talking ******* about the way he intends to set up the team to play and promising things like "fitness levels never seen before"

Any idea what the are chances of that happening?

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    Resign - he’s a fraud, simple as. The sooner folk or more importantly the board realise this the better.

This “fraud” patter is absolutely rotten. See it all over twitter as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifehibby74 View Post
    Win
    Simple as that.
    Big improvement required but people looking in will be wondering why all the outrage after one defeat in eight games?
    No way the board are moving to sack him any time soon.
    Needs to find a system that has balance and our best players on the park - and quick. Doidge stays on the bench until he's earned a place.

When he first came in after NL I remember thinking we have a manager playing players in the right positions and in a set formation. This season so far we have gone back to playing players out of position and no apparent formation. Is he playing his favourites just to give them games? Something I accused NL of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post
    Statistics never lie? At home against relegation favourites St Johnstone and they have the better of the stats. I do hope this is a one-off but I doubt it.
    I was winding up our neighbours when they drew at home with RC who had more possession and shots. Their forum was full of similar commentary on style of play, etc. I personally don't think either team should ever have less of the play and less shots attempted when playing at home against St Johnstone or Ross County.

That maybe arrogant but I am not saying we should always beat them just that they shouldn't have the better of the game. It's up to the manager to put it right, and for example, playing Scott Allan out of position does not inspire confidence that its going to happen.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckys Wheel View Post
    This “fraud” patter is absolutely rotten. See it all over twitter as well.
    I’ve not seen twitter but I’ll be having a look shortly. My fraud comment is not patter, that’s exactly what I think he is. If you don’t like that fine.

Sack him now. The fans have turned against him, there’s no way back.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Sack him now. The fans have turned against him, there’s no way back.

Minority or majority as certainly not all?