hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shapovalov basically bottled it in set 5. Unforced errors galore.
    Great for Rafa but will his body hold up ?
    Shapovalov had a bit of a rant during the match and in his press conference about Nadal allegedly getting preferential treatment from umpires. Nadal does take his time but I suspect this is more sour grapes than anything else.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    Shapovalov had a bit of a rant during the match and in his press conference about Nadal allegedly getting preferential treatment from umpires. Nadal does take his time but I suspect this is more sour grapes than anything else.
    A bit like Djokovic Nadal is good at the tactical injuries

Stefanos Tsitsipas beats Jannik Sinner in straight sets to reach the semi finals and will now play Daniil Medvedev or Felix Auger-Aliassime.

Sadly it probably won't get much airtime but a huge well done to British pair Alfie Hewett and Gordon Reid who have just won their 9th consecutive wheelchair men's doubles Grand Slam title earlier this morning.

They have won every men's Wheelchair doubles Grand Slam since the 2019 US Open.

Outstanding achievement.

Medvedev in trouble two sets down to Auger-Aliassime.

Into a third set tiebreak.

Medvedev has turned things around and is now a break up in the final set.

Medvedev comes back to win in five sets and will now play Stefanos Tsitsipas in the semi finals.

Another match that lasts nearly five hours, there's going to be some tired legs in the semi finals as three out of the four quarter finals went to five sets.

Nadal v Berrettini
    Tsitsipas v Medvedev

Both on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Medvedev comes back to win in five sets and will now play Stefanos Tsitsipas in the semi finals.

Another match that lasts nearly five hours, there's going to be some tired legs in the semi finals as three out of the four quarter finals went to five sets.

Nadal v Berrettini
    Tsitsipas v Medvedev

Both on Friday.
    Tstisipas will be hoping to capitalise on his fresher legs against Medvedev.

Really rooting for Nadal to win this tournament.

Sadly it probably won't get much airtime but a huge well done to British pair Alfie Hewett and Gordon Reid who have just won their 9th consecutive wheelchair men's doubles Grand Slam title earlier this morning.

They have won every men's Wheelchair doubles Grand Slam since the 2019 US Open.

Outstanding achievement.
    Great stuff.

I notice that Reid had a wee dig at Celtic when talking about making it ten in a row. He's a big Rangers fan.

Great stuff.

I notice that Reid had a wee dig at Celtic when talking about making it ten in a row. He's a big Rangers fan.
    I didn't hear about the dig but I knew he was a Rangers fan. I've been in his company a couple of times a few years ago, he's a decent guy despite his misguided allegiances.

Tstisipas will be hoping to capitalise on his fresher legs against Medvedev.

Really rooting for Nadal to win this tournament.
    I hope Nadal does it too. Only him and Medvedev are Grand Slam champions although Berrettini and Tsitsipas have reached a Grand Slam final before so it will be interesting to see how this plays out on Friday.

I have a feeling it will be a Medvedev v Berrettini final.

Rafael Nadal rolled back the years by beating Matteo Berrettini in four sets and will now play either Stefanos Tsitsipas or Daniil Medvedev in Sunday's final as he tries to win the Australian Open for the first time in 13 years.

Love watching Medvedev.Hes a bit crazy and totally lost the plot during the win today but what a player he is. I hope he wins it.

Rafael Nadal rolled back the years by beating Matteo Berrettini in four sets and will now play either Stefanos Tsitsipas or Daniil Medvedev in Sunday's final as he tries to win the Australian Open for the first time in 13 years.
    Fantastic from Nadal. Played superbly by all accounts. If he can maintain that form he's got a real chance of becoming the GOAT.

So it's Nadal v Medvedev in Sunday's final after Medvedev saw off Tsitsipas in 4 sets. Doesn't look like there's any love lost between the pair of them as they barely shook hands at the end. Medvedev lost the plot a little during the match as he screamed at the umpire about Tsitsipas being coached by his team in the stands.

It wasn't his finest hour although he did apologise to the umpire afterwards which I think is appropriate.

Hopefully Nadal can do it on Sunday and win his 21st Grand Slam. It's absolutely extraordinary that he's still making Grand Slam finals after all this time.

What an athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Love watching Medvedev.Hes a bit crazy and totally lost the plot during the win today but what a player he is. I hope he wins it.
    I think he will win, he is playing some incredible tennis.
    Rafa has done brilliantly to get this far but can’t see him beating Medvedev

Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    I think he will win, he is playing some incredible tennis.
    Rafa has done brilliantly to get this far but can’t see him beating Medvedev
    Neither can I sadly.

Great comeback from 5-1 down in the second set by Barty to win the women's singles final. I really enjoyed her Wimbledon win and it's good to see an Aussie win their home slam.

Great comeback from 5-1 down in the second set by Barty to win the women's singles final. I really enjoyed her Wimbledon win and it's good to see an Aussie win their home slam.
    First Australian Women's singles champion at the Australian Open for 43 years which is some statistic.

First blood to Medvedev as he breaks to go 3-2 up.

Gruelling match so far.

Medvedev breaks again - 5-2.

Medvedev wins the first set 6-2.

Only one winner by the looks of things.

Nadal breaks in the second set after an incredible 40 shot rally to set up break point!

3-1 Nadal second set.

Medvedev breaks back - he's serving at 3-4.

Nadal breaks again and is serving for the second set at 5-3.

Mammoth game won by Medvedev as he breaks back again and is serving at 4-5.

Medvedev wins the second set 7-6.

All over now I think.

Nadal breaks to go 5-4 up in the third set.

Must serve this out.

Game on!

Nadal takes the third set 6-4.

He couldn't, could he?