hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by angus hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s our record this season and seems a good few of our “support” want Heckingbottom out....

Absolutely ridiculous.

I’ll settle for that win ratio throughout the season.
    It's a fair point that it's far too early to determine where we really are as a team and the overall capabilities of our manager.

However - fans are concerned about the quality of Hecky's signings and his style of play. This is a Hibs internet forum so of course these concerns are going to be expressed here.

I certainly hope that he will come good, that the skelping at the hands of the huns was just a blip and we'll have a scorcher of a season. I'm certainly willing to give him a chance - much improvement needed to shut up the critics though.
    Last edited by basehibby; 18-08-2019 at 11:04 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    That’s our record this season and seems a good few of our “support” want Heckingbottom out....

Absolutely ridiculous.

We will all accept that ratio however we don't play 5 of those teams on a regular basis "throughout the season". I don't want him out but I am quite pissed off at his approach vs Sevco and Celtic. His ratio in the cup is excellent this season his ratio in league not so however 2 games into league campaign is not going to suggest how will end.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I have no doubt in my mind that yesterday was the perfect result for some. They want rid of PH but will still want Hibs to progress in the cup. They got the progression and they also in their mind still have reason to moan about him.
    to sheer myself up, I think of the last 2 games as 8 goal thrillers. and, we actually scored 7 in the last game.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Only one team yesterday didn't need extra time, and that included Celtic against lower league opposition. It happens, and the reaction from other fan groups isn't as extreme.

Other managers got far more of a time for their players to bed in than PH has had. The searing negativity in this forum in the last two weeks has been unbearable. I don't quite understand why.
    It's easy to understand why:

1) None of Heckys signings have thus far set the heather on fire making us look distinctly average (this perception may yet change but that's how it is at the mo)
    2) We got utterly horsed off the Rangers last week - in a way even the happiest of clappers should deem unacceptable.
    3) This is Hibs.net which once upon a time morphed onto the internet from a fanzine called Mass Hibsteria - so what else do you expect FFS?!?

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    I reckon we all would.

But that's not going to be our win ratio throughout the season based on the quality of the performances so far.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Yesterday’s stats.

hibs 62% possession
    17 shots with 9 on target to 15 and 4 for Morton
    12 corners to 4
    19 fouls to 12

seems cut n dried to me.
    Not cut and dried at all - Morton had much less possession but managed to look dangerous just about every time they went forward and scored three goals. I think that's a real concern as the teams in our league are likely to have a lot more going forward than Morton.

We won which is what matters but it was very far from cut and dried.

yesterdays stats. Hibs players score 7 . Morton player nick's 1. I know, I know

Quote Originally Posted by Tully View Post
    5 out of 7 but the football is eye bleeding
    15 goals in 7 games with 3 more perfectly good ones disallowed. Eye bleeding stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    15 goals in 7 games with 3 more perfectly good ones disallowed. Eye bleeding stuff.
    If you want goals go to Easter Road!

If we win again on Saturday the turnstiles and food kiosks will be getting it tight from me. Love being outraged.

5 from 7 not bad going. Might be a struggle but still 5 from 7, onwards and upwards

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    5 from 7 not bad going. Might be a struggle but still 5 from 7, onwards and upwards
    Yip, dont think anyone has said the football has been pretty but a manager has never been sacked as far as I know for playing boring football and we certainly cant say we haven't seen goals recently!! Unfortunately some fans cant take to the manager no matter what, there always seems to be another reason to have a go at him

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Yip, dont think anyone has said the football has been pretty but a manager has never been sacked as far as I know for playing boring football and we certainly cant say we haven't seen goals recently!! Unfortunately some fans cant take to the manager no matter what, there always seems to be another reason to have a go at him
    The football has been pretty. Go watch the highlights of our last 10 goals. Crackers.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    The football has been pretty. Go watch the highlights of our last 10 goals. Crackers.
    Our attacking play yes but let's not kid on that we have been playing like barcelona, there has been very sloppy play in a lot of our games, especially from the defenders. I've defended the team to the hilt on here but we havent been pretty in quite a few. But I'll say it again its results that matter

@hibs.net private member
    A win against St Johnstone and I think a lot will calm down down. Yes we've won most of our games but 1 against SPL opposition.

We got through against Morton which is the main thing. But no one watching that will surely not have come away without some big reservations given we shipped some very easy goals for the 2nd game running.

What is the impact of a managerial revolving door?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._F.C._managers

• 14 managers in 21 years - 1998-2019
    • Each new manager persuades the Hibs board he needs to build his own team
    • Squad overhaul every summer - weeks/months of each season wasted getting new players to 'gel'
    • Millions of pounds wasted in signing fees, agent commission and new contracts for temporary players
    • Few new signings make a permanent difference / stay more than 2 years.
    • Next manager bins many of previous manager's recruits.
    • Manager's new favourites preferred over youth development.
    • Young players see no future, want away

Is this just the world of football these days or is there a better way? When considering a director of football, was the George Craig role the right answer to the managerial and player merry-go-round?

Those of you who've watch the cabbage since the Alex Miller days - be interested to hear your views?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    A win against St Johnstone and I think a lot will calm down down. Yes we've won most of our games but 1 against SPL opposition.

We got through against Morton which is the main thing. But no one watching that will surely not have come away without some big reservations given we shipped some very easy goals for the 2nd game running.
    Having calmed down from the weekend I agree.

We’ve got 5 winnable games ahead of us as well as the transfer window being open until the end of the month. Right now I’ve got alarm bells ringing but it won’t be full on panic mode until we see how we do over the next few games.

Big month ahead for Heckers and I do think we’ll struggle in the bigger games if we don’t sort out that midfield and add some steel to it.

Next week is another week down the line for Stevenson and Gray fitness wise. Anothe week of gelling for the new lads etc. We'll get there in terms of performances. We're definitely in transition but we're winning thats the main thing.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Having calmed down from the weekend I agree.

We’ve got 5 winnable games ahead of us as well as the transfer window being open until the end of the month. Right now I’ve got alarm bells ringing but it won’t be full on panic mode until we see how we do over the next few games.

Big month ahead for Heckers and I do think we’ll struggle in the bigger games if we don’t sort out that midfield and add some steel to it.
    I’ve backed the team and manager the last couple of games and I think this is a reasonable position you’ve taken. If we beat St J we’ll have actually had a great start to the season. If we got beat then I’m not going to go mental but it would maybe start to give me a slight doubt about where we’re headed.

From the sounds of things with the King rumour it certainly sounds like we’re not done and PH is in the market for a CM. Thats encouraging.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Next week is another week down the line for Stevenson and Gray fitness wise. Anothe week of gelling for the new lads etc. We'll get there in terms of performances. We're definitely in transition but we're winning thats the main thing.
    Not seen it mentioned anywhere so I'm maybe imagining it, but I thought Gray went off injured again on Saturday ?

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I’ve backed the team and manager the last couple of games and I think this is a reasonable position you’ve taken. If we beat St J we’ll have actually had a great start to the season. If we got beat then I’m not going to go mental but it would maybe start to give me a slight doubt about where we’re headed.

From the sounds of things with the King rumour it certainly sounds like we’re not done and PH is in the market for a CM. Thats encouraging.
    And with one of the Glasgow teams out the way too. We could find ourselves 5 points ahead of Hearts already with them being at Celtic Park

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Not seen it mentioned anywhere so I'm maybe imagining it, but I thought Gray went off injured again on Saturday ?
    He did take a couple of knocks, which seems to happen to him most weeks! I thought he looked a fair bit away from being fit, hopefully the hour and a bit he played will have helped him.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Couldn't make the game on Saturday unfortunately but the match day thread was crackers, when we were ahead initially we were apparently playing great football, then we went behind and it was eye bleeding stuff, then we went ahead again and we were totally in control until the equaliser and it read like we were terrible all game. Absolute Jekyll and Hyde stuff.

I am a big fan of Monkton Harp's "we scored 7 goals" point of view, was perfect response for Jambo in my team this morning, he didnt see it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Couldn't make the game on Saturday unfortunately but the match day thread was crackers, when we were ahead initially we were apparently playing great football, then we went behind and it was eye bleeding stuff, then we went ahead again and we were totally in control until the equaliser and it read like we were terrible all game. Absolute Jekyll and Hyde stuff.

I am a big fan of Monkton Harp's "we scored 7 goals" point of view, was perfect response for Jambo in my team this morning, he didnt see it coming.
    Going forward we are doing ok, if the defence get their act together then I think we will have a good season, no point in having a good attack if we are rotten at the back, arsenal have been a good example of that in recent years

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    You have to take account of the quality of the opposition, the performances and the hope for the future.

Black and white it is a great record scratch below the surface and there are issues.

The truth probably lies some where in between the extremes on this board.

Right now no Hibs fans would relish an away trip anywhere let alone Ibrox, Celtic Park, Tyncastle which would strike a good deal of fear in most.
    I read one post yesterday said "we've only beaten St Mirren - that's it" .. err.. we've only lost to Rangers (with ten men) - there's little balance on here.

I cant help but think we're going to have a good season. Like the poster above says we are decent going forward. Defence will sort itself out once Gray and Louis are up to speed and everyone has settled in. We played some really good stuff on Saturday which seems to have beem overlooked with the defensive mistakes.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post

I watched on Hibs TV and thought we played nice passing football. We did look nervous and vulnerable every time Morton attacked. Even though they had a lot less pocession. Was same for ST Mirren game although we were ponderous.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    And with one of the Glasgow teams out the way too. We could find ourselves 5 points ahead of Hearts already with them being at Celtic Park
    Yup. If you work on the basis that away to the OF is pretty much a free hit, which imo it is then we’ve had a great start results wise.

I realise that I’m using selective stats which I’ve moaned at others for doing btw
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 19-08-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Going forward we are doing ok, if the defence get their act together then I think we will have a good season, no point in having a good attack if we are rotten at the back, arsenal have been a good example of that in recent years
    We aren’t defending as a team as tight as we have done in the past. Wide players have to provide more support to the FB and at least one of CMs should be working back to support the CBs. It’s basic stuff but it’s not quite working right now.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    We aren’t defending as a team as tight as we have done in the past. Wide players have to provide more support to the FB and at least one of CMs should be working back to support the CBs. It’s basic stuff but it’s not quite working right now.
    Yip and this is where the coaching staff earn their wage, if we get a settled defence and midfield then I think it will be fine