hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No Cup win will ever feel the same as that one. I honestly don't even think beating Hearts in a cup final would beat it. So aye, Stokes will always be a Hibs legend.
    Aye it’s all downhill from now 😂

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    I think this thread is about Stokes being violent to women and basically a misogynist. Not about his cup winning exploits. Or how a sportman's achievements can excuse their unacceptable behaviour outside their sport. Just saying like.
    Why’s it posted in a football forum then?

I think this thread is about Stokes being violent to women and basically a misogynist. Not about his cup winning exploits. Or how a sportman's achievements can excuse their unacceptable behaviour outside their sport. Just saying like.
    It shouldnt be in the main forum then. The op knew exactly what he was doing and exactly the reaction he would get.

It's clear from your short (albeit repetitive) contributions on this thread that you don't like the man, but aren't you making things up now?

And again, do you honestly expect a thread to be started about a Hibs cup-winning legend on Hibs.net and every reply to be simply calling him a pr1ck?

Just saying like.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    100% proven himself to be an R Sole. and a thick one at that judging by the interview.
    At 1.37 "I'm just happy that the club has got this voodoo out of the way".
    Or was someone really sticking pins in wee hun dolls during the match?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    100% proven himself to be an R Sole. and a thick one at that judging by the interview.
    That’s what you took from that interview from the player that scored 2 goals in the final to help win us the cup? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    People come across thicker than that on this forum. Every day.

I'm not disputing he's not the brightest by the way. Was never his job to be intelligent though.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Legend

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Legend
    And he hates the rangers

That’s what you took from that interview from the player that scored 2 goals in the final to help win us the cup? Really?
    Just presenting the evidence m'lud that he is not the brightest button which might contribute to some of his off-field behaviours. Mind you intelligent folk can be absolute R Soles as well, and make iffy decisions in their life, ain't that so Boris?

I can still hear the ball hitting the back of the net in complete slow motion madness.
    In my memory the corner and goal is in silence. I remember the roar though. Ear drum bursting.

@hibs.net private member
    Imagine being the Hibs player who scored 2 goals and put on a MOTM display to win the Scottish Cup and some fans don’t think you’re a “legend”. Madness

Instead of making me think less of Stokes, this thread just makes me want to watch the Cup Final again! Im not crying, your crying!

I seem to be in the minority here but while I thank him for that performance in May he is an absolute roaster and welt of a man. I don't really care if it was his goals that helped us lift the cup but there's 10 other folk I'd rather idolise from that day instead to be honest.

Each to their own though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    In my memory the corner and goal is in silence. I remember the roar though. Ear drum bursting.
    I’m the opposite mate can hear the ball make a “tsssh” (stupid I know) noise, look to the linesman to see if there’s a flag up and then it was like an outer body experience for a minute, no noise just people going ballistic in silence, then back to reality of wanting the full time whistle to blow and shutting it.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I seem to be in the minority here but while I thank him for that performance in May he is an absolute roaster and welt of a man. I don't really care if it was his goals that helped us lift the cup but there's 10 other folk I'd rather idolise from that day instead to be honest.

Each to their own though.
    Dont forget Keatings Gunnarson and The Postman all decent guys as well I am sure

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Dont forget Keatings Gunnarson and The Postman all decent guys as well I am sure
    Definitely. Had the pleasure of meeting Gunnarsson a few times through work and was one of the nicest guys I've met. Would happily have a pint with him over Stokes.

Definitely. Had the pleasure of meeting Gunnarsson a few times through work and was one of the nicest guys I've met. Would happily have a pint with him over Stokes.
    Probably be right wild night out with Stokes though

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Stokes has certainly done things in his life that no one should be proud of, but sometimes you have to judge people's sporting achievements separately from their personality. I've met Ian Botham in a social context and he came across as an egotistical tosser...so what....he was a brilliant cricketer. The sort of guy you want on your team not on the oppositions. I would probably avoid having a pint with him in future, but I'm very glad I got to see him play while he was at his best. Roy Keane I suspect is similar. Lots of sportsmen and no doubt Sportswomen are not the nicest people and you know sometimes that ego is what helps them be more succesful.

For his Cup Final performance, he will always be a Hibs legend. As a person he seems like he may well be a roaster. If he was going out with my sister and moving in next door I might be concerned, otherwise let's celebrate that he picked the right day to play the best game of his life.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Stokes has certainly done things in his life that no one should be proud of, but sometimes you have to judge people's sporting achievements separately from their personality. I've met Ian Botham in a social context and he came across as an egotistical tosser...so what....he was a brilliant cricketer. The sort of guy you want on your team not on the oppositions. I would probably avoid having a pint with him in future, but I'm very glad I got to see him play while he was at his best. Roy Keane I suspect is similar. Lots of sportsmen and no doubt Sportswomen are not the nicest people and you know sometimes that ego is what helps them be more succesful.

For his Cup Final performance, he will always be a Hibs legend. As a person he seems like he may well be a roaster. If he was going out with my sister and moving in next door I might be concerned, otherwise let's celebrate that he picked the right day to play the best game of his life.
    Summed up perfectly.

Summed up perfectly.
    My issue with it is that it's a bit of a slap in the face for a victim to hear half a city celebrate a man who made your life a living hell. I certainly wouldn't like to contribute to that for them.

@hibs.net private member
    My issue with it is that it's a bit of a slap in the face for a victim to hear half a city celebrate a man who made your life a living hell. I certainly wouldn't like to contribute to that for them.
    If he had done all this stuff before the cup final would you have still celebrated his goals?

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Summed up perfectly.
    I'm glad we agree on some stuff

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    If he had done all this stuff before the cup final would you have still celebrated his goals?
    I think I'll have to admit I'm a hyprocite in saying that I would have. But I'd feel the same about celebrating him in the month/years later.

I'm not saying that my stance is perfect and the right one and the one everyone should have. I just personally prefer to celebrate the other players in the squad and just merely recognise his albeit large contribution. Everyone is entitled to their own approach to this subject.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    SDG a decent human being who respects his partner and women.
    His partner aint a woman? 😁😁👿
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Left by mutual consent!
    She got back with the same boy that made her life hell and isn’t from Edinburgh.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    I'm glad we agree on some stuff
    Had to come a point in time 😉😁

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    He was superb for us that day. It was a legendary performance from a player who hadn't been at his best in the run up to the final. The goals and his play were glorious and I'll never forget it or stop celebrating it.

However he seems to regularly be quite the knob outside of football - and frequently within it too. Unsavoury.

Having said all that I think this thread is a bit w4*k and life would be better if it had never existed.

Like many have said it's no real secret that he's extremely unlikable off the pitch. I'll be eternally grateful for what he done that day but no time for him as a person.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    Like many have said it's no real secret that he's extremely unlikable off the pitch. I'll be eternally grateful for what he done that day but no time for him as a person.
    I think the boy's an absolute hero for that day in May, we wouldn't have won without him, he was on fire

Having said that, I've got previous for lamping Elvis impersonators, and if he ever came near me dressed as 'The King' I'd take the **** out, then buy him a pint