hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye but surely you could stagger arrival times and stagger times blocks/stands could depart to overcome that issue?

Make people aware that they may be held back at the end of the game and must arrive at certain times before the game and if they choose to attend they automatically agree to they conditions
    Pretty sure every ticket I've ever had to attend a football match has said on the back that you should arrive no later than 15 mins before kick off. Look at how many folk don't even leave the pub until 5 to 3.

You're absolutely kidding yourself if you think staggering arrival times would work. If you were a steward outside the ground would you tell a ticket holding punter they can't go in because they missed their window ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by mixumatosis View Post
    Pretty sure every ticket I've ever had to attend a football match has said on the back that you should arrive no later than 15 mins before kick off. Look at how many folk don't even leave the pub until 5 to 3.

You're absolutely kidding yourself if you think staggering arrival times would work. If you were a steward outside the ground would you tell a ticket holding punter they can't go in because they missed their window ?
    I imagine those leaving the pub at 5 to 3 would have a staggered arrival. 😀

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    You shouldn't judge people you don't know. These are guys that will generally put others before themselves.

That doesn't mean that the principal reason for being vaccinated wasn't selfish, but so what? Where there's a means there's an end.

As for myself, people are entitled to have their opinions on the views I post on here and I no doubt have plenty of faults, however I don't think I've ever been accused of being selfish - not correctly in any case.

Yes it's a public forum and you're entitled to your opinions, but in this instance you were wrong and out of order.
    I said you and your friends were selfish, and in this post you said your friends were selfish yourself. So, I'm not sure how I'm wrong or out of order?

I totally understand that people are concerned for themselves and their own livelihoods. Anyone would be, but you said your mates would be hesitant to get the vaccine if it wouldn't allow them to work.

So, they would refuse to do something that would probably have little impact for themselves but would be for the greater good?
    That's a selfish act, by definition of the word.

If they have concerns about what the vaccine might do to their bodies, then that is totally understandable.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee316 View Post
    I said you and your friends were selfish, and in this post you said your friends were selfish yourself. So, I'm not sure how I'm wrong or out of order?

I totally understand that people are concerned for themselves and their own livelihoods. Anyone would be, but you said your mates would be hesitant to get the vaccine if it wouldn't allow them to work.

So, they would refuse to do something that would probably have little impact for themselves but would be for the greater good?
    That's a selfish act, by definition of the word.

If they have concerns about what the vaccine might do to their bodies, then that is totally understandable.
    I didn't say anything about being hesitant. Less urgency isn't necessarily the same as hesitation.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

@hibs.net private member
    I didn't say anything about being hesitant. Less urgency isn't necessarily the same as hesitation.

Stop putting words in my mouth.
    Okay, less urgency then. My point amounts to exactly the same thing.

Okay, less urgency then. My point amounts to exactly the same thing.
    Garbage!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Isn't England literally more open than Denmark right now?

Everything bar nightclubs in Denmark...?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Yes, it is. But on the issue of face masks, there are still a sizeable proportion wearing them in England, which is just not the case here, quite literally haven't seen anyone wearing one (apart from tourists)

@hibs.net private member
    Garbage!
    Ever single person I know personally and in work have got the vaccine as soon as they could.

Every single one.

The sooner everyone gets it, the safer we are.

Why on earth would you choose to delay?

Have a nice evening.

Ever single person I know personally and in work have got the vaccine as soon as they could.

Every single one.
    Did they aye? Every single one?

@hibs.net private member
    Of the ones I know.
    Why would you delay it?!
    Good night.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    This basically boils down to emotions v science.
    I'm not convinced it does. I think most gripes here are around the contradictions that exist in the rules. All the Uk Governments have been hopeless at coming up with coherent rules. Hug in a close space you own - fine, hug in an open space at a football ground- not fine. 15 people from 15 households outside without distancing or masks in a park next to thousands of others following that rule - OK Sitting in a football ground distant from the next supporter - mask needed. The rules simply don't make much sense so it is increasingly difficult to get people to follow them. Full contact Rugby and football has started with 30-40 people from different houses getting close on a pitch for 90 minutes yet if you watch the games there are some really strict rules like having to wear a mask when you are watching from behind the goals with no-one near you.

If the science was followed we would be in full lockdown until a cure or vaccine with 100% effectiveness is found. The science needs to be weighted against normal living and people's mental health.

There are arbitrary dates where rules change despite numbers being worse. The governments don't follow the science so it is unlikely a football crowd will be 100% aware of the rules and also follow them diligently.

I think it’s clear that their is an incremental increase of numbers of fans allowed to attend each game This will be working up to the 9th August ,and I now expect things to as near normal as possible after that date
    Until the last few weeks I had been dubious that this would be the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really isn’t so important.

It’s a diversion, a fun diversion for most, and a way of making a living for some. It’s not more important than doing the right thing in the middle of a global pandemic.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    It really isn’t so important.

It’s a diversion, a fun diversion for most, and a way of making a living for some. It’s not more important than doing the right thing in the middle of a global pandemic.
    We aren’t in the middle of it anymore

Yeah we definitely aren’t in the middle of this !!

Cases have really dropped since the Scotland v England game - good to see.

Vaccination % continues to rise.

This all leads to August 9th looking really good for more changes to happen.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    If someone thinks they’ve mastered a complex adaptive system like a virus that’ll be the Dunning-Kruger effect in action.

Each to their own but it’s worth contemplating following someone who’s not a member of this death-cult UK cabinet devoid of empathy and considering the arguments put forward by Devi Sridhar.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    If someone thinks they’ve mastered a complex adaptive system like a virus that’ll be the Dunning-Kruger effect in action.

Each to their own but it’s worth contemplating following someone who’s not a member of this death-cult UK cabinet devoid of empathy and considering the arguments put forward by Devi Sridhar.
    Devi who claimed the South African variant rendered vaccines useless and blocked other ‘scientists’ who proved her wrong?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

You say that as though any of us have a clue what it is.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    Devi who claimed the South African variant rendered vaccines useless and blocked other ‘scientists’ who proved her wrong?
    Then blocking those on Twitter who disagreed with her including her own work colleagues.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Then blocking those on Twitter who disagreed with her including her own work colleagues.
    That certainly wasn’t her finest hour.

But do you judge someone by their greatest mistake, their greatest victory or assess how they’ve got on over the piece?

Playing the way she’s played, she’ll win more than she loses.

Her job isn’t to please everyone and it’s been inevitable that she’d hack folk off the way she’s hacked a few off on here.

Anyway - I prefer to look to the future, a future that looks better from where I’m standing.

We’ll have plenty of time yet to bicker over all of this.

The direction of travel is a good one and we should focus on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    That certainly wasn’t her finest hour.

But do you judge someone by their greatest mistake, their greatest victory or assess how they’ve got on over the piece?

Playing the way she’s played, she’ll win more than she loses.

Her job isn’t to please everyone and it’s been inevitable that she’d hack folk off the way she’s hacked a few off on here.

Anyway - I prefer to look to the future, a future that looks better from where I’m standing.

We’ll have plenty of time yet to bicker over all of this.

The direction of travel is a good one and we should focus on that.
    Why would a reasoned scientist certain of their studies have to 'hack anyone off'?

She got it completely wrong and acted like a complete cancel culture fool in the process.

Mental.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    You say that as though any of us have a clue what it is.
    Are you being serious? If folks don’t know what the meaning of a word/phrase is - like Covid, South African variant or obtuse - then they can look it up on the internet. Then they’ve learned something.
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 28-07-2021 at 05:49 AM.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibs View Post
    Why would a reasoned scientist certain of their studies have to 'hack anyone off'?

She got it completely wrong and acted like a complete cancel culture fool in the process.

Mental.
    And have considered her other arguments or dismissed them?
    ‘Cancel culture’ - do you refer to people as ‘snowflakes’ too?
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 28-07-2021 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    So you’ve considered the responses to one of her arguments - and what of the others dismissed them too?

ive simply asked people to consider them - not follow blindly like some death culters.

it’s a shame things tend to get polarised and some potential golden nuggets lost.

I was kind of hoping someone would say that.
    What is the finish date of Covid? And are new variants now permanently defeated? I don’t blame you personally but there’s a general amount of complacency going on.

If you know people that aren't getting the vaccine i'd do everything i could to advise them to get it. And they wouldn't be joining us for any social sessions until that happened.

BTW you are getting really argumentative.....even i'm noticing it.

Testimonial Due
    So you’ve considered the responses to one of her arguments - and what of the others dismissed them too?

ive simply asked people to consider them - not follow blindly like some death culters.

it’s a shame things tend to get polarised and some potential golden nuggets lost.
    Here is her latest thoughts:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jul/26/covid-young-people-england-virus-spread-uk

In my work I have worked with and against academics. It is a fiercely competive world with big egos who can't stand being challenged. Liveing in an academic bubble they are capable of some very childish behaviour
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 28-07-2021 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    If you know people that aren't getting the vaccine i'd do everything i could to advise them to get it. And they wouldn't be joining us for any social sessions until that happened.
    I'm not going to exclude people if it's not their fault. I took my appointments for my jags the day after it was open to my age group (55 & under) and I only got my 2nd jag 3 weeks ago. Now that the French government have introduced Covid passports there are no appointments to be had for 6-8 weeks.

The need to have a Covid passport to attend events >50 people kicked in on the 21 July. My passport wasn't activated until the following day (2 weeks after my 2nd jag) - so even though I was vaccinated as soon as possible, I still wasn't fully up to speed.

BTW you are getting really argumentative.....even i'm noticing it.
    Some unknown calling my friends & I "right erseh0les" can bring that out in me. Funny that!

Jack Ross and Paul McGinn captured in Edinburgh Airport this morning without masks on on our Instagram, I wonder if those who were “furious” at the lack of masks the other night (in an outdoor setting where transmission is low) take the same view of our manager and vice captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Up The Bracket View Post
    Jack Ross and Paul McGinn captured in Edinburgh Airport this morning without masks on on our Instagram, I wonder if those who were “furious” at the lack of masks the other night (in an outdoor setting where transmission is low) take the same view of our manager and vice captain.
    Snitch.