hibs.net Messageboard

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4888969798
Results 2,911 to 2,939 of 2939
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMO those that are being cautious and acting responsibly are those that are learning to live with it not hiding from it. That's called facing up to a problem, which is completely different to ignoring it.
    Quite. This whole episode has exposed the manchildren in society who lack the stamina/decency to keep on. Anything but tough.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Here is what we actually know about the variant:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/17/no-e...-uk-study.html

Hospitalisations in Scotland are up 30% since Monday and variant is only just starting to impact : https://www.gov.scot/publications/co...-for-scotland/
    Don't go showing those types facts. They've decided to ignore them. Anti science.

Testimonial Due
    This will come next week:
    A PUBLIC health expert has warned that a circuit breaker lockdown is needed in Scotland to combat the spreading Omicron coronavirus variant. http://www.heraldscotland.com/politi...ad/?ref=appshr

This will come next week:
    A PUBLIC health expert has warned that a circuit breaker lockdown is needed in Scotland to combat the spreading Omicron coronavirus variant. http://www.heraldscotland.com/politi...ad/?ref=appshr
    Yep were about to go into complete lockdown in Holland, there will be a briefing this afternoon/evening, we expect everything to close, shops, restaurants, all public events, schools have been closed.
    I have already had to cancel a shortbreak and two restaurant bookings (no big hardship). Were never going to get out of this pandemic. Folks get vaccinated, get yir boosters and hopefully we can learn to live with it, we cant keep going into bloody lockdowns,
    GET VACCINATED.

Hospitalisations in Scotland are up 30% since Monday and variant is only just starting to impact : https://www.gov.scot/publications/co...-for-scotland/
    I still can’t see anywhere (apologies) in that link that shows the 30% increase? And the first link really says nothing, instead of being happy there is limited people in hospital, they turn that into a negative and decide that means they can’t determine the severity of the illness. Surely less people in hospital while cases rise = a good news story and a less severe illness (vaccines working).

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I still can’t see anywhere (apologies) in that link that shows the 30% increase? And the first link really says nothing, instead of being happy there is limited people in hospital, they turn that into a negative and decide that means they can’t determine the severity of the illness. Surely less people in hospital while cases rise = a good news story and a less severe illness (vaccines working).
    HI MATE, THIS IS WHAT I HAVE PULLED FROM THE TELEGRAAF.

RIVM boss Jaap van Dissel calculated in the House of Representatives this week that the same growth could lead to 600 hospital admissions per day, of which 100 to 125 in IC - in a 'favourable' scenario. By comparison, at the peak of the current wave, in late November and early December, there were about 400 hospitalizations per day, about 50 of which were in ICUs.
    he variant breaks through the immunity of vaccines or previous illness more quickly. An extra shot, a booster, seems to work. That is why the Dutch booster campaign has become a race against the omicron variant.

bloody caps.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I’ve got a spare ticket for the west if anyone wants it, it’s in the front row I think so not the best, but I’m not looking for anything for it.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    They are down from Monday, they have plummeted the last few months from 1200 to just over 500 now, omi will probably change that next month maybe

There wasn’t a 30 percent increase on the news which I listen to dailly they have been coming down Although I fully expect they will start to rise again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    IMO those that are being cautious and acting responsibly are those that are learning to live with it not hiding from it. That's called facing up to a problem, which is completely different to ignoring it.

I looked at the Scotgov figures and hospitalisations are 20% down. 40 down to 33. Where are you getting your figures? In South Africa, hospitalisations are coming down in the last week see https://www.nicd.ac.za/diseases-a-z-...datcov-report/

Of course, everyone must make their own assessment of risk - I am travelling by car and not doing the bus/pub bit.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’ve got a spare ticket for the west if anyone wants it, it’s in the front row I think so not the best, but I’m not looking for anything for it.
    Your message was just about lost in all the other *****3 getting discussed on this thread. The title of this thread is LC FINAL TICKETS.

I have an adult and child ticket available. Pick up can either be London rd early tomorrow or outside the game pre kickoff. PM me.

Any idea if we sold out after? With the amount of people offering their tickets away I doubt it will be full regardless.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Any idea if we sold out after? With the amount of people offering their tickets away I doubt it will be full regardless.
    I reckon technically we have sold out but there has been returns and people not going due to omicron. The tickets were pulled from the website yesterday morning and the last I looked there was about 150 left. I suspect Hibs have bought them and added to the donations to charities, schools , Hibs staff. So 200 plus folk got tickets free who couldn’t afford to go at Xmas , some getting a free bus to Hampden. All in all a good show by Hibs fans, the club, community foundation and HSL and get it right up the whinging Celtic fans plus the media
    Last edited by chippy; 18-12-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    I reckon technically we have sold out but there has been returns and people not going due to omicron. The tickets were pulled from the website yesterday morning and the last I looked there was about 150 left. I suspect Hibs have bought them and added to the donations to charities, schools , Hibs staff. So 200 plus folk got tickets free who couldn’t afford to go at Xmas , some getting a free bus to Hampden. All in all a good show by Hibs fans, the club, community foundation and HSL and get it right up the whinging Celtic fans plus the media
    👍🏻

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    There will be between 2 and 3 thousand vacant seats in our end due to concerns about the omicron variant. I would expect similar in the Celtc end. This will have nothing to do with unsold tickets for any pathetic Daily Mail journalists looking in

After all the fuss about tickets and delivery on them.

I was running late due to trains from down south and was sent a bar code which worked on my mobile phone to get into the ground.

Stupid were relying on post when that system clearly works!.
    Cougars!!!

Testimonial Due
    Official attendance was over 48,000 in the end. It still means that the Hibs v Killie final in 2007 has the largest attendance of any league cup final since Hampden was redeveloped. Strange that Mr Doncaster never mentioned this in any of his justifications for the ticket allocation...

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Why were "Hibs" fans in the Celtic end?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Saw that article Whoever sold on the tickets to Celtic fans are to blame If hibs knowingly sold any to Celtic fans then fair enough but doubt that’s the case
    However if he is right and there were about one hundred Celtic fans round about him then maybe it needs to be made clear to stewards that as soon as it’s clear they are in the wrong end they get turfed out
    If that message goes out They then iether sit and watch game and behave or they do t take the risk of buying in first place
    The dad and daughter shoukd surely have been allowed to move as plenty empty seats down below them

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Saw that article Whoever sold on the tickets to Celtic fans are to blame If hibs knowingly sold any to Celtic fans then fair enough but doubt that’s the case
    However if he is right and there were about one hundred Celtic fans round about him then maybe it needs to be made clear to stewards that as soon as it’s clear they are in the wrong end they get turfed out
    If that message goes out They then iether sit and watch game and behave or they do t take the risk of buying in first place
    The dad and daughter shoukd surely have been allowed to move as plenty empty seats down below them

The picture of them clearly show's them in the Celtic end of the South Stand not the Hibs end.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    The picture of them clearly show's them in the Celtic end of the South Stand not the Hibs end.
    The photo is inverted, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    Why were "Hibs" fans in the Celtic end?
    That was my thought too, picture clearly shows them in the Celtic end of the stand.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The photo is inverted, no?
    Yes, you're correct.

I take back my earlier comment.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    That was my thought too, picture clearly shows them in the Celtic end of the stand.
    The are in the Hibs end. Look at the word Hampden on the seats of the North Stand, it’s back to front. iPhone cameras invert the photograph when taken in selfie mode.

Sorry but there weren't hundreds of Celtc Fans in that area of the ground. There was probably a few but they certainly didn't make the experience intimidating for the overwhelming number of Hibs supporters.

The incident mentioned in the newspaper was disgraceful, especially with all the kids sitting around, but it was caused by two Celtc Fans (one of whom looked like he was about sixteen) that stupidly celebrated their side scoring, but mostly by the handful of middle aged Hibs fans that attacked them.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Sorry but there weren't hundreds of Celtc Fans in that area of the ground. There was probably a few but they certainly didn't make the experience intimidating for the overwhelming number of Hibs supporters.

The incident mentioned in the newspaper was disgraceful, especially with all the kids sitting around, but it was caused by two Celtc Fans (one of whom looked like he was about sixteen) that stupidly celebrated their side scoring, but mostly by the handful of middle aged Hibs fans that attacked them.

Some people on here actually wanted that to happen. Openly saying Celtic fans in the Hibs end should get battered and chucked out...
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.