hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Left side of a midfield three.
    You might well be right, but there’s not a 3 we can make from Vela/Mallan/Allan/Newell/Slivka that either has the balance or quality needed for the top 4 IMO. Although that’s not Newell’s fault.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I love that argument, yet we all know deep down they will eventually get it right, whereas we just never do bar the odd exceptional day.
    You are getting as grumpy as me

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    I find it hard to believe that if recruitment come up with a left back, our manager has the authority to say no as my agent has a left back on his books? Is that what we are saying here? Surely that's a conflict of interests?

Paul Heckingbottom possibly lost his job because he was not up to it? Perhaps he did not have the skill set to manage a championship club?
    At the end of the day the recruitment team can only recommend and the manager decides who signs. If he chooses to ignore the recommendations and go his own way he lives or dies by those decisions.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    Fair enough. Just continue to rant and rave about it, and stick the boot into anything Hibs. Hope it makes you feel better.

As crap it was, I just don't see it as the end of the world that you and others do. Iv seen us hammered before and will likely do so again. I really don't see what good constantly crying about it does.

Perhaps you'd care to quote where exactly I have been ranting and raving about it? As for claiming that I have been sticking the boot into anything Hibs, that's a pretty hyperbolic claim even by the standards of current .net debates - which is really saying something.

I don't know whether you are getting yourself so deep in a bunker in opposing any criticism of the manager and club that you're now incapable of reading posts dispassionately and accurately, but claiming that I see the Rangers result as 'the end of the world' is ludicrous. My point - and that of many others - is that there are a collection of pointers including our top 6 form at the tail end of last season, the nature of the signings made so far, the tactics and style we are currently playing and the way we folded in the Rangers game which all suggest reason for concern at this stage. Hopefully that will change dramatically, but AT THE MOMENT it isn't good.

The only crying being done here is in the unwillingness to entertain discussion on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Was thinking about poor windows we have had.
    And I was thinking this definitely ranks up there with the worst.
    In terms of improving the team we have already.
    Chris Maxwell-marciano competition

Adam jackson-defensive cover

Tom james-right back cover

Josh vela-midfield energy/DM/starter

Christian doidge-stiker option

Joe newell-left midfielder/not winger/debatable starter

Scott allan-attacking mid/ top player

Glen middleton-loan/winger/boyle cover

Other than scott allan none of them make my best hibs 11 with current squad.
    People talk about meltdowns on .net but when you review our window so far it's not surprising.

Based on this being head hunted recruitments it simply is shambolic.

Whoever it is they should not be near anymore transfers for our club be that management or recruitment.
    From what I've seen Jackson should start ahead of McGregor and Middleton is a starter because boyle is out long term

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    You are getting as grumpy as me
    Maybe Rod has left Ron a new 5 year plan for him to implement?

Christ, Rod to Ron is only one change of letter.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

It’s gotta be Ronaldo coming from Peru right shirley?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!

BH to be fair he never stated what 5yrs it was or if they were consecutive.

Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    Not sure if it’s society in general or football fans but the lack of patience Iv seen lately is unreal.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Nobody is responsible for signing good or bad players as they have not been here long enough to do either.
    ?

I wonder if folk as in the highlighted posts 16 days after this thread was started feel the same.

To have your opinion shot down as a "society" problem or to say no one is responsible for the mess the squad is in,is in itself very dismissive of how people see it.

It would be nice to hear your opinion now.not judging like,just wonder if your thoughts have changed in a fortnight.

Not a longtime mind a fortnight.

Or maybe like hecky you guys think its the supporters faults.?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    I wonder if folk as in the highlighted posts 16 days after this thread was started feel the same.

To have your opinion shot down as a "society" problem or to say no one is responsible for the mess the squad is in,is in itself very dismissive of how people see it.

It would be nice to hear your opinion now.not judging like,just wonder if your thoughts have changed in a fortnight.

Not a longtime mind a fortnight.

Or maybe like hecky you guys think its the supporters faults.?
    My opinion has changed. I was uneasy with the close season signings, but wanted some time to see if they would gel.

I can see that hasn't happened and fear that we may end up with a split dressing room with a bunch of English players sulking because Scottish football is harder than they were told.

Hibs should never be buying players from Forest Green.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    My opinion has changed. I was uneasy with the close season signings, but wanted some time to see if they would gel.

I can see that hasn't happened and fear that we may end up with a split dressing room with a bunch of English players sulking because Scottish football is harder than they were told.

Hibs should never be buying players from Forest Green.
    Thing is I do not know how good his signings really are as the players already here are not doing very well either. They might all be fantastic if the setup is right. At the moment it's stale and weak and if continues we are going to see a few more very bad scorelines.

When does the Board become accountable?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    After yesterday's abysmal performance they should be accountable now my friend Baldy

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Posted this on another thread earier -

"Fair point about the money, but my point is that our attendances will still "look ok" to the outside world and Dempster will undoubtedly tell us the fans "are not voting with their feet".

I am absolutely clear that Craig and Dempster made the wrong decision about Heckingbotham. This was a guy with zero experience of Scottish football, and yet it appears that he has made the decision to sign these English lower league jobbers (do we seriously think the recruitment guys came up with Vela / Newell??) for the top league in Scotland. And most (all) are no better than what we could have signed from the likes of Livi / Hamilton / Well etc.

What exactly do you think Dempster IS responsible for?

For me, these have gone tits up on her watch -

• Recruitment - Player and Manager
    • Fans bar
    • Catering
    • Scanners
    • Stadium looks like a dump
    • Commercial income / Sponsor
    • Hospitality is pathetic (I was there last week)
    • Radio silence about what will happen with HSL money under Rons regime
    • Loyalty points debacle

Now, she isnt directly in charge of all of these, but she is responsible / appointed people to oversee.

If you are telling me that she doesnt have weekly meetings with these departments to see how its going / challenge - and if she has been happy with the progress, then perhaps her time is up too?"

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Posted this on another thread earier -

"Fair point about the money, but my point is that our attendances will still "look ok" to the outside world and Dempster will undoubtedly tell us the fans "are not voting with their feet".

I am absolutely clear that Craig and Dempster made the wrong decision about Heckingbotham. This was a guy with zero experience of Scottish football, and yet it appears that he has made the decision to sign these English lower league jobbers (do we seriously think the recruitment guys came up with Vela / Newell??) for the top league in Scotland. And most (all) are no better than what we could have signed from the likes of Livi / Hamilton / Well etc.

What exactly do you think Dempster IS responsible for?

For me, these have gone tits up on her watch -

• Recruitment - Player and Manager
    • Fans bar
    • Catering
    • Scanners
    • Stadium looks like a dump
    • Commercial income / Sponsor
    • Hospitality is pathetic (I was there last week)
    • Radio silence about what will happen with HSL money under Rons regime
    • Loyalty points debacle

Now, she isnt directly in charge of all of these, but she is responsible / appointed people to oversee.

If you are telling me that she doesnt have weekly meetings with these departments to see how its going / challenge - and if she has been happy with the progress, then perhaps her time is up too?"
    Good post
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Probably if they get it wrong again. They have made many good decisions in the last 5 years I'd probably let them try again. Pressure is on though.