hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough
    While the Chief I hope you won't come on this board complaining if Aberdeen and Hearts have better teams than us. You have had an opportunity to join this initative but all you have done is prevaricate and make negative comments. Very sad

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While the Chief I hope you won't come on this board complaining if Aberdeen and Hearts have better teams than us. You have had an opportunity to join this initative but all you have done is prevaricate and make negative comments. Very sad
    They have already stated where they are with HSL.
    Why just mention Hearts & Aberdeen, as I have previously stated Killie over 2 seasons have had a 21 point swing over Hibs from last season to this season. Tell me what fan initiatives they have?

I hardly think his comments are negative or SAD, more realistic.

Remind me how much FOH have pumped into Hearts & where they finished this season.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Why just mention Hearts & Aberdeen, as I have previously stated Killie over 2 seasons have had a 21 point swing over Hibs from last season to this season. Tell me what fan initiatives they have?

Remind me how much FOH have pumped into Hearts & where they finished this season.
    I'm confused; it appears you are suggesting an increase in investment will have no impact whatsoever on our performance on the pitch?

Not everybody is confident in doing payments online, not just hsl but buying tickets for away games etc, I am one of them, it's the reason i can't go to tynecastle etc these days as all tickets are online

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Its been explained by Jim Eadie upthread, however if you missed it I will try and summarise FoH spends -

• FoH have been pumping money into the (overpriced and over budget) stand / new pitch infrastructure this season, as well as some for players. You have to assume that the Naismith deal is partly donations.
    • Once the stand is completed, their money will purchase the club outright from Budge.
    • Once that is completed - and assuming similar levels of ST and commercial income - they will have around £1.5m a year more than us to spend on player purchase or player salaries.

You can fill in the gaps as to what happens thereafter, but I have a fair idea.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Official HSL and a few other posters were wondering why more people haven’t signed up and were looking for feedback.

First Team Breakthrough GillyHibee's Avatar
    Is there a "sign up" or "donate" tick-box type option on the payment screen when you purchase a season ticket for HSL? That may encourage folk to do a one off donation?

Quote Originally Posted by GillyHibee View Post
    Is there a "sign up" or "donate" tick-box type option on the payment screen when you purchase a season ticket for HSL? That may encourage folk to do a one off donation?
    No but your 100% right Hibs have to come more on board and help out.

Personally I don't give a monkeys if they need to be separate companies, but at the moment despite being "willing" Hibs themselves are not helping HSL enough.

Odd, really when all the cash adds to the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by GillyHibee View Post
    Or even when buying a match day ticket online. Im sure people would donate 10/20 quid here and there

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    No but your 100% right Hibs have to come more on board and help out.

Personally I don't give a monkeys if they need to be separate companies, but at the moment despite being "willing" Hibs themselves are not helping HSL enough.

Odd, really when all the cash adds to the budget.
    Totally agree. The comment from LD at the agm was that the club were giving HSL 'space' to grow as they had put aside plans for membership schemes and such like which would have competed alongside it.

Take that how you will. I wasn't really impressed with it as an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Totally agree. The comment from LD at the agm was that the club were giving HSL 'space' to grow as they had put aside plans for membership schemes and such like which would have competed alongside it.

Take that how you will. I wasn't really impressed with it as an answer.
    Interesting.

I do wonder what the take up rate would be - now - of a scheme (endorsed by the bounce and .net, perhaps?), run by Hibs, purely for the benefit of the player budget with no muddying the waters with share dilutions etc?

(p.s. I know I am really describing HSL, but there is a bit of a chequered history and - even though I am a member, have been since day 1 - I have wondered about a complete revamp / overhaul for a long time............

Good to see some fans joining up following the discussion on here.
    Hopefully the refer a friend initiative will generate some more.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gorgie Greens the problem is in future years after the yams have paid their stand off there will be £1.4 m going straight into Potter's playing budget Can you imagine what Paul would do with that money and yes it is sad that not more Hibs supporters want to back this initative.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar

The Killie thing is a but of a red herring in my opinion. Obviously I don't know the amounts but Clarke was on record as saying that he had been very well backed by Billy Bowie. I think that the directors at Rugby Park are propping them up financially. Can't and won't go on forever, see Dundee Utd and the Thompson's. What is being talked about is sustainable additional revenue, not a rich sugar daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Official HSL and a few other posters were wondering why more people haven’t signed up and were looking for feedback.
    While the Chief

You are right and your feedback and thoughts are most welcome. As we said previously it really helps us to understand potential barriers if we can hear what supporters think about certain things. It is inevitable that there will be a variety of opinions but what we want to do is eliminate any misconceptions that are out there. We responded to your first couple of points yesterday, allow us to address the others :

"The constant mantra of every little helps..........". If you and you alone pay £10 a month to the Club then you would be correct, it really would not make much difference. However, across the City, if you have 8000 supporters donating on average £14 per month to the Club it does and will in the future make a huge and very real difference. If we were to phone Leeann and say that we will in future be sending over an extra £112,000 a month to spend on Players we can assure you the Board would be overwhelmed, not to mention Paul and Robbie. As more and more supporters are joining us we are handing over more and more money. This is real money that is being made available and is being spent on real players. Your Auntie may only have one ball at the moment but she is gradually growing another ball and once she has this she will indeed be your uncle. For the record, she didn't have any balls when we started.

“My take on things from the outset were that STF couldn’t find anyone to buy the club and that this is a way for him to start to get shot of it. If it had simply been pay £225 to own a wee bit of the club then fine.’

Please note that this is precisely what is proposed so if you are fine with that jump aboard. Indeed it is even better than that because the £225 doesn't go to STF it goes to the Club to spend on players.

‘We are now constantly told that the only way to compete with Hearts or Aberdeen is for us to donate money to the club. I simply don’t agree with this one bit.

If that is the case and I’m wrong, then I think as a club we need to then just accept our place financially and do the best we can. ‘

As we have acknowledged already more money does not guarantee constant success. It is a fact ( Accounts are publicly available ) that Aberdeen and Hearts do have more funds available and in the case of Hearts from around next February this will be around £1.4m. To our credit we have done rather well in such circumstances but it has been a few years since we have had the better of Aberdeen. Now while you may be willing to accept that rather bleak outlook, and you are of course completely entitled to do so, it would seem that no one at the Club is willing to give in. Our Members also take the view that they want to do something about this situation and that is why they donate. But again, that is their prerogative as it is entirely voluntary.

‘We’ve tried spending money we didn’t have in the past resulting in huge debts. Now we’re trying to spend money we don’t have by getting fans to donate it.

How about just spending the money we do have!’
    Your first comment is of course right however the second point isn’t. We are indeed spending the money we do have and some of it is coming from our Members. This additional money allows our Manager to spend a little more than he might have had otherwise.

We hope all of this makes sense and would love to have you with us, no matter what you could afford and certainly only if you can afford anything.

Hibernian Supporters

First Team Breakthrough
    HSL is the monthly amount rising

Decent reply HSL

Maybe one day

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    RIP

This scheme was not "initiated" by RP and I am are aware that you too are familiar with all the circumstances surrounding the development and birth of Hibernian Supporters. If we lack vision, excitement or anything else please direct your ire at me and my fellow Directors and fellow supporters who have worked on this.

Jim Adie
    I’ve no ire whatsoever Jim. What I recall is that between 2011 when I worked with Fife to initiate Let’s Work Together and 2013, when several exciting projects were proposed to the Hibs Board by working groups and their respective board members, we continually felt a reluctance to execute.

My brother had worked for Rangers, Arsenal and a couple of other clubs on bond or ownership schemes and the LWT Sales & Marketing Group were willing to submit a proposal. However, without a CEO or Marketing Director in post there wasn’t a clear commercial strategy, and another idea was pushed into the long grass.

The best thing about 2013 was the campaign run to recruit a CEO. Of course it was Rod that finally realised that he was carrying too many roles since the departure of Fife and Scott. I was thrilled when Leeann was finally approached and pleased when a version of your Hibs in the Community scheme evolved into HSL.

My point, poorly made for which I apologise, was that rather than being seen as ‘fan-led’, HSL was viewed by some fans and groups as ‘board-initiated’. The ten-strong Sales & Marketing Group within LWT had also divided on the best vehicle for a fan purchase and so failed to step forward to get behind the venture.

Looking back it was a troubled time and far from the ideal climate to launch a fan investment model. I admire you greatly for sticking with HSL these 5 years but I’m often left wondering whether you have sufficient skilled volunteer resource or Director support for your efforts. Maybe I’m too remote to have a credible or informed opinion Jim - that’s just my feelings from the outside looking in.

Best Wishes
    Gogs
    Last edited by RIP; 22-05-2019 at 08:42 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Decent reply HSL

Maybe one day
    How condescending

HSL is the monthly amount rising

Yes it is.

Decent reply HSL

Maybe one day

Thank you, you will be most welcome should you choose to join.

Hibernian Supporters

First Team Breakthrough
    I am pleased to hear that we have spoken about in the supporters club often and weare all frustrated that more are not backing HSL. Will have to get my own certificate in due course but not good with a lot of web sites

I am pleased to hear that we have spoken about in the supporters club often and weare all frustrated that more are not backing HSL. Will have to get my own certificate in due course but not good with a lot of web sites
    Yes it is good news. More and more are stepping towards us. We would be happy to come down to the Club to do another open session if you feel that would help ? Also just drop us an email if you need help regarding your Certificate.

info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

How condescending
    Christ you’re a pest. Pop me on ignore.

First Team Breakthrough
    You would probably be better on sickback. For your information I understand finance having worked in serious finance and I can only tell you that What you are being told about Hearts and Aberdeen is totally true. I appeal to you to think again

First Team Breakthrough
    I also find your language very offensive

You would probably be better on sickback. For your information I understand finance having worked in serious finance and I can only tell you that What you are being told about Hearts and Aberdeen is totally true. I appeal to you to think again
    Yup, you’ll win loads of folk over with this kinda chat.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How condescending
    Sorry didn't see it that way at all

WTC and I have crossed swords over HSL in the past and whilst I don't agree with his stance, there are bits of it I understand and respect and I thought your post was uncalled for.

WTC has spent affair bit of time they didn't need to explaining their views and engaging in the debate over HSL and that is all anyone can ask for.

They didn't need to take the time to do so.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Sorry didn't see it that way at all

WTC and I have crossed swords over HSL in the past and whilst I don't agree with his stance, there are bits of it I understand and respect and I thought your post was uncalled for.

WTC has spent affair bit of time they didn't need to explaining their views and engaging in the debate over HSL and that is all anyone can ask for.

They didn't need to take the time to do so.

HSL need to know what folk don't like about it if they're ever going to grow to the extent we need them to.

They need people like WTC to raise these issues and debate them sensibly, as they have on this thread.

It's healthy.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I don't care if it's 2 separate companies. The only way HSL will increase is by Dempster coming out and endorsing it for Hibs, advertising it on the front page of the website, putting it in the programme, putting billboards up around ER.

HSL themselves can't do this, that much is obvious.

I am now getting a bit pissed off with HSL asking for answers which - as you point out - are very very clear.

FoH was set up in response to a crisis at Hearts but became the centre of their story. The contrast with HSL is night and day.

AberdeeNA or whatever it’s called was driven by the club.

If Hibs want HSL to deliver more funds then the club has to promote it, not leave it to HSL to rely on volunteers.