hibs.net Messageboard

Page 46 of 85 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 2536
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes mate they do delivery and you get the discount.
    Nice one! 👍

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Got one there last night too. Was excellent. Overdid it with the sides though. My only complaint was that we ordered two of the Dirty Hot Mess burgers but I’m not convinced that was what we got as there was zero spice to either of them. An absolutely amazing burger though.
    I just got the dirty burger and normal fries and that was a lot. I don’t think I could have come close had I got loaded fries or a more deluxe burger. I already want another

Do dirty do click and collect as well?

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    Do dirty do click and collect as well?
    I think so. They’ve certainly got a picture on Instagram of a queue outside.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Dirty don't deliver to my postcode. I've never had such disappointment over something I'd never heard of before reading this thread.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Dirty don't deliver to my postcode. I've never had such disappointment over something I'd never heard of before reading this thread.
    They’re on Uber and Just Eat apparently. Might still be give you any luck of course.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    They’re on Uber and Just Eat apparently. Might still be give you any luck of course.
    Just eat says the restaurant is currently closed but they do have my postcode noted down as somewhere they deliver to so I'll keep them in mind for down the line.

Thanks.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Just eat says the restaurant is currently closed but they do have my postcode noted down as somewhere they deliver to so I'll keep them in mind for down the line.

Thanks.
    Think they only open at 5. They were showing as closed on Just Eat until then on Saturday. They were doing some weird pre-order thing until a couple of weeks ago.

Drove past it earlier. Think I'll get one soon.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Dominic Jack has announced Castle Terrace will remain closed permanently, sad to see another restaurant a victim of this pandemic.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Dominic Jack has announced Castle Terrace will remain closed permanently, sad to see another restaurant a victim of this pandemic.
    Fear it won't be the last.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Fear it won't be the last.

The location isn't great either.

Restaurants struggle at this site.

Anyone been in any pubs today? I went to Cold Town House for lunch. Was very well organised and was great to be back in a bar. Couldn’t fault the way they organised it all. They’ve got their own contact tracing set up, menus are viewed by scanning QR codes. Drinks are placed beside your table on a stand sort of thing on a tray, you take them off the tray, they take the tray away, food all out of boxes. Really good.

Went to The Raeburn after on the way home and that wasn’t so good. They were first come first served - apart from the people they’d told earlier to come back at 5pm and they’d get in and so they’d wandered in ahead of the already giant queue. Was fine once you were in but they’ll have to give up on giving people times later in the day if they’re not taking bookings - although to be fair I think they realised that when people started coming back.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 06-07-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Anyone been in any pubs today? I went to Cold Town House for lunch. Was very well organised and was great to be back in a bar. Couldn’t fault the way they organised it all. They’ve got their own contact tracing set up, menus are viewed by scanning QR codes. Drinks are placed beside your table on a stand sort of thing on a tray, you take them off the tray, they take the tray away, food all out of boxes. Really good.

Went to The Raeburn after on the way home and that wasn’t so good. They were first come first served - apart from the people they’d told earlier to come back at 5pm and they’d get in and so they’d wandered in ahead of the already giant queue. Was fine once you were in but they’ll have to give up on giving people times later in the day if they’re not taking bookings - although to be fair I think they realised that when people started coming back.
    Are the pubs using single use plastic glasses?

Proper glasses in my local last night.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I visited 2 places yesterday with 4 colleagues....

Bar 50
    Pitched up at around 4pm without a booking and got a table. Only my contact info taken but we all had our temperatures checked. We were given a picnic table that would ordinarily seat 6, so no 2m social distancing in effect. Drinks ordered from a laminated drinks list via staff and came in plastics. No visible sanitising of the tables or menus between customers. They presented the drinks on a tray and we took them from the tray. A few larger groups who clearly were, like us, from more than two households. Sanitising stations on the way in and out of the loos and posters saying a max of 2 at a time, not enforced. All in all, I felt they'd done the bare minimum to comply with current guidelines but they did have a decent feel to the place.

Mamma's Pizza
    We then went along to the Grassmarket and got a table at Mama's. Again, a 6 seater picnic bench for 5 of us. No contact info taken, which was a concern. Again, sanitising stations on the way to the toilet. One staff member wore a visor, the rest had no face coverings. Again, bare minimum undertaken to comply with the current guidelines. Food was Ok and drinks came in glasses. Staff very nice and had a busy day by all accounts.

This was a bit of market research for us as I prepare my bar to re-open on the 15th. It gave me a bit on confidence that when we re-open we'll be doing things right. Clearly guidelines are not being followed thoroughly.

I've heard good reports from Cold Town House, Corn Exchange & CC's. Early days and everyone, operators, staff and punters are on a bit of a learning curve. Thankfully our government wasn't stupid enough to open outside & inside together and on a pay weekend Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    I visited 2 places yesterday with 4 colleagues....

Bar 50
    Pitched up at around 4pm without a booking and got a table. Only my contact info taken but we all had our temperatures checked. We were given a picnic table that would ordinarily seat 6, so no 2m social distancing in effect. Drinks ordered from a laminated drinks list via staff and came in plastics. No visible sanitising of the tables or menus between customers. They presented the drinks on a tray and we took them from the tray. A few larger groups who clearly were, like us, from more than two households. Sanitising stations on the way in and out of the loos and posters saying a max of 2 at a time, not enforced. All in all, I felt they'd done the bare minimum to comply with current guidelines but they did have a decent feel to the place.

Mamma's Pizza
    We then went along to the Grassmarket and got a table at Mama's. Again, a 6 seater picnic bench for 5 of us. No contact info taken, which was a concern. Again, sanitising stations on the way to the toilet. One staff member wore a visor, the rest had no face coverings. Again, bare minimum undertaken to comply with the current guidelines. Food was Ok and drinks came in glasses. Staff very nice and had a busy day by all accounts.

This was a bit of market research for us as I prepare my bar to re-open on the 15th. It gave me a bit on confidence that when we re-open we'll be doing things right. Clearly guidelines are not being followed thoroughly.

I've heard good reports from Cold Town House, Corn Exchange & CC's. Early days and everyone, operators, staff and punters are on a bit of a learning curve. Thankfully our government wasn't stupid enough to open outside & inside together and on a pay weekend Saturday!
    It seems some businesses have invested to ensure they provide the safest environment possible whilst other do the absolute bare minimum to enable them to open, as expected of course as the last thing some businesses want to do is spend cash prior to reopening. It will be interesting to see if the EHO’s will visit and clamp down on the ones not quite doing it properly.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    It seems some businesses have invested to ensure they provide the safest environment possible whilst other do the absolute bare minimum to enable them to open, as expected of course as the last thing some businesses want to do is spend cash prior to reopening. It will be interesting to see if the EHO’s will visit and clamp down on the ones not quite doing it properly.
    The non-taking of contact details is a frustrating one as it’s probably the least onerous in terms of cost to the establishment but could be very important in terms of stopping the spread of any clusters quickly.

EHO are already out and about.

I've supplied a load of additional chemicals, among other things, to various sites in Edinburgh over the last couple of weeks and the last few days has seen a flood of requests for additional products, spare copies of safety data sheets and the like following visits from the EHO.

It's hard to place all the blame with the pubs as the information on the requirements was and is at best sketchy. The huge cost increases for things like gloves and dispensers is a big hit for businesses that are already struggling as well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    EHO are already out and about.

I've supplied a load of additional chemicals, among other things, to various sites in Edinburgh over the last couple of weeks and the last few days has seen a flood of requests for additional products, spare copies of safety data sheets and the like following visits from the EHO.

It's hard to place all the blame with the pubs as the information on the requirements was and is at best sketchy. The huge cost increases for things like gloves and dispensers is a big hit for businesses that are already struggling as well.
    To be fair the EHO’s did issue some pretty specific guidelines to businesses regarding additional procedures and policy documentation to be added to food safety management systems. It will be probably be a mix of those who always performed poorly on EHO inspections and those who have fell short of implementing required new procedures. Safety data sheets for chemicals being used even if new chemicals have been introduced is a basic element that any decent business should be on top of anyway. Not something I will be involved with anyway unfortunately which is a pity as I had a great relationship with many EHO’s and always liked to speak with them. despite the fact that they weren’t always consistent with their requirements from one visit to another with a different EHO. Hopefully the majority of the businesses get it right and those who don’t are quickly identified but not easy given the limited numbers of EHO’s.

Glass in both CTH and The Raeburn.

Glass in both CTH and The Raeburn.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Proper glasses in my local last night.
    Cheers.

I'm sure I read it was glass at The Corn Exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I saw a video of the pint lager dispensers they have and the glasses looked plastic, but not too sure. I can’t really motivate myself to go to a beer garden yet, as much as I like a pint I’m just not that bothered and certainly won’t be booking in advance. Will wait until I can just turn up when the mood takes me 🍻

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...aving-22312413

Actually, for Motherwell, this is not a bad place.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Plastic at corn exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Plastic at corn exchange.
    Oh well, I'm sure we'll cope! ☺

@hibs.net private member
    Even if the beer were free, I can't drink it out of a plastic container.

Yuk !

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Even if the beer were free, I can't drink it out of a plastic container.

Yuk !
    https://tennentsdedicatedtoyou.com/about

It’s free