hibs.net Messageboard

Page 180 of 309 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,400 of 9265
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So did I.

I criticised him after Monday but he was decent enough tonight I thought.

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t think we were as bad as people are making out all over the pitch. I know drawing 0-0 with a league 1 (or 2?) side isn’t good but I just felt something wasnt clicking in the final third rather than it being down to poor individual performances.

I’m not actually sure what the answer is or what position is sign to fix it, I’m sure the people that will decide will know more than me though.
    I agree with all of that. The assistant referee done us twice in the first half. Doige was onside on both occasions.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    We need a Kris Boyd type player to get on the end of Cadden's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    Okay.

“He's still a Blackpool player so I wouldn't want to speak about that just yet.” - Edinburgh Evening News

Maloney’s comments on Mitchell.

Doidge?😅

It’s typical those sort of crosses were flashed across goal when he went off.

Mitchell was very good for hearts.

I'd be happy to have that Mitchell at hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

Hearts fan I know says that he is good at going forward but quite poor at defending.

Left by mutual consent!
    Glad to see Maloney come out and say that “we can’t not replace Boyle”. It will be interesting to see whether we try and get someone in on loan until the end of the season or splash a bit of cash. I assume that we have been looking at potential replacements over the last month.

The players clearly still have a relationship with Jack Ross. Something Shaun will have to deal with quickly.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Like Doidge?

I’m glad to see we’re addressing the lack of depth at wingback. It’s the area we’re shortest in and the most important to Maloney’s style

Anyone think we’re planning for someone to bid for Doig and getting his replacement in sharp?

I can’t see Mitchell coming here on a 2 and a half year deal to be backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Anyone think we’re planning for someone to bid for Doig and getting his replacement in sharp?

Agree.

If Doig was to get injured tomorrow we have nobody who could replace him. We have Cadden and Clarke on the right but it’s only Doig capable of playing on the left. Having to play Campbell there on Monday highlighted this and ended up costing us a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    If Doig was to get injured tomorrow we have nobody who could replace him. We have Cadden and Clarke on the right but it’s only Doig capable of playing on the left. Having to play Campbell there on Monday highlighted this and ended up costing us a goal.
    Stevenson and Mackie?

I know none of those 2 would be ideal, you also have Drey Wright who has played wing back before. Again not ideal.

I just can’t see Mitchell leaving the championship to be back up for us.

Maloney obviously loves this 343 way of playing and I'm not sure how keen he is on playing in other ways.

It sort of places added importance on players who play some roles and make others largely redundant.

Doig looks to have the skill set to play the role on the left but I don't think we have anyone else who can play there who is a natural, Mackie maybe. If Mitchell comes in, is there anywhere else in the team where Doig can be of use? I thought he was pretty mince on Monday and don't see a CH in him at all.

Do we have much need for traditional fullbacks going forward? What does that mean for Stevenson and McGinn? What does Maloney have in mind for Clarke?

Do we have much need for attacking wingers, the like of whom we'd see either side of a striker if you play 451/ 433? Where does that leave Murphy, Boyle, Mueller?

What are we really looking for from the striker? Can any of our current players really carry that out?

What is the skill set required to play the role of the 2 players who play off the striker? Are they more central and passers or are they more wide players and dribblers?

It looks to me at the moment like we have an awful lot of square pegs and an awful lot of round holes - and that Maloney is going to need quite a few transfer windows to get anywhere near what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Maloney obviously loves this 343 way of playing and I'm not sure how keen he is on playing in other ways.

It sort of places added importance on players who play some roles and make others largely redundant.

Doig looks to have the skill set to play the role on the left but I don't think we have anyone else who can play there who is a natural, Mackie maybe. If Mitchell comes in, is there anywhere else in the team where Doig can be of use? I thought he was pretty mince on Monday and don't see a CH in him at all.

Do we have much need for traditional fullbacks going forward? What does that mean for Stevenson and McGinn? What does Maloney have in mind for Clarke?

Do we have much need for attacking wingers, the like of whom we'd see either side of a striker if you play 451/ 433? Where does that leave Murphy, Boyle, Mueller?

What are we really looking for from the striker? Can any of our current players really carry that out?

What is the skill set required to play the role of the 2 players who play off the striker? Are they more central and passers or are they more wide players and dribblers?

It looks to me at the moment like we have an awful lot of square pegs and an awful lot of round holes - and that Maloney is going to need quite a few transfer windows to get anywhere near what he wants.
    Personally I don’t think we’re too far off.

As I said I can’t imagine Mitchell coming here to be back up so for me that’s if Doig leaves. If not Doig will play wingback and Stevenson, Mackie and Wright can fill in.

McGinn and Stevenson have both shown they can play on the left and right of a back 3 so I think they’ll still be very useful players.

Clarke will play on the right of a back 3 imo or at right wing back and be crucial to how Maloney wants to play as he has quality on the ball but can also step into play.

I think mueller looks we suited on the role he played tonight on the right hand side and on the left I think we need someone like Barrie McKay at hearts. Someone who can pass, dribble, run in behind, come to feet and score - I actually think Wright has played it really well but we’ll need more quality.. I still have a feeling we’ll see McGrath this window.

I can’t help but feel like he’ll be keen on a keeper better with his feet though.

All players fit I think we’ll see something along the lines of (when Boyle leaves)

……………....………..Macey……………….

……..…Clarke……Porteous….Hanlon….

Cadden……Magennis…..Newell…..Doig…..

……………Mueller…………..Melkersen…….

…………………………Nisbet…….

Which leaves

Dabroswki
    Mitchell
    Rocky
    McGregor
    McGinn
    Stevenson
    Mackie
    Gogic
    Hallberg
    Campbell
    JDH
    Allan
    Henderson
    Murphy
    Bradley
    Wright
    Scott
    Doidge

Huge amount of options but imo we need to cut the quantity and recruit some real quality now.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    I was impressed with Michell at Hearts and would be happy to have him with us!

One player that would be perfect for the position on the left just off the striker is Danny Mandroiu.

Got a bit of everything about him and scores a ton.

In a league we’re looking closely at.

Celtic previously linked but can’t see that happening now.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    My point is you don’t know what he’s doing out there so I’m telling you.
    I see a young lad out there who generally can’t defend, too far off his man and the majority of the time, failing to stop the cross coming in. He doesn’t get himself in good defensive positions and the opposition get joy down our left hand side. Going forward he looks quite awkward and he doesn’t know what really he is trying to do when in possession. If he does get in to a crossing position, the majority of the time, it either goes out of play or hits the first defender. When a cross does come in, it’s either too heavy or doesn’t find a man, however well done on spotting last nights assist, thats what happens when he gets it right and it should happen more often with the positions he finds himself in.

I can’t fault his effort or stamina and I don’t think all the transfer talk in the summer has helped him however I do know what I am seeing front of me and it is not a player who appears to be comfy in his role.

I wish for him to do well, I really do but he has a long long way to go.
    Last edited by Libby Hibby; 21-01-2022 at 03:53 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Personally I don’t think we’re too far off.

As I said I can’t imagine Mitchell coming here to be back up so for me that’s if Doig leaves. If not Doig will play wingback and Stevenson, Mackie and Wright can fill in.

McGinn and Stevenson have both shown they can play on the left and right of a back 3 so I think they’ll still be very useful players.

Clarke will play on the right of a back 3 imo or at right wing back and be crucial to how Maloney wants to play as he has quality on the ball but can also step into play.

I think mueller looks we suited on the role he played tonight on the right hand side and on the left I think we need someone like Barrie McKay at hearts. Someone who can pass, dribble, run in behind, come to feet and score - I actually think Wright has played it really well but we’ll need more quality.. I still have a feeling we’ll see McGrath this window.

I can’t help but feel like he’ll be keen on a keeper better with his feet though.

All players fit I think we’ll see something along the lines of (when Boyle leaves)

……………....………..Macey……………….

……..…Clarke……Porteous….Hanlon….

Cadden……Magennis…..Newell…..Doig…..

……………Mueller…………..Melkersen…….

…………………………Nisbet…….

Which leaves

Dabroswki
    Mitchell
    Rocky
    McGregor
    McGinn
    Stevenson
    Mackie
    Gogic
    Hallberg
    Campbell
    JDH
    Allan
    Henderson
    Murphy
    Bradley
    Wright
    Scott
    Doidge

Huge amount of options but imo we need to cut the quantity and recruit some real quality now.
    I think from your list above come the end of the window atleast 4/5 will not be here. With hopefully 3 quality players incoming for me a Winger, box-to -box ball carrier and another Holding Mid just my opinion of course

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

He was good in his first spell. Not great in his second

Apparently he had a bad injury at Hearts which cut his loan short. They've had so many players that I can't remember him.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Can confirm the interest in Demetri Mitchell from the Blackpool end.
    Also notice League 1 clubs Sunderland/Oxford/Charlton interest in taking Jermaine Defoe on a short term deal to the end of the season. Should be something we should look at.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Could Doig play left centreback in a 3 if we were to sign another wingback? A similar role to the one Tierney plays for Scotland where he’s almost like an inside wingback.

I’d prefer for Doig to play wingback himself. He’s still a bit raw but has all the attributes to go far if he keeps improving and I’d be setting the team up to help get the best out of Doig.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    On tonight’s performance, we really do need an experienced midfielder, someone mentioned James McCarthy before, what’s the chance as I think he’d be ideal for us.
    bang on the money. We need someone with a good pedigree who can run a midfield. That will probably cost us a few bob but if they get us to semis and into Europe they pay for their self

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    On tonight’s performance, we really do need an experienced midfielder, someone mentioned James McCarthy before, what’s the chance as I think he’d be ideal for us.
    bang on the money. We need someone with a good pedigree who can run a midfield. That will probably cost us a few bob but if they get us to semis and into Europe they pay for their self

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/stat...587925504?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post

Wonder what his route is - based on edi departures he must be transiting either a UK hub or a European hub

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

Wonder what his route is - based on edi departures he must be transiting either a UK hub or a European hub

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    London then onward?