hibs.net Messageboard

Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 1887
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    I’ve been thinking on it and I’ve changed my mind.

It’s only fair that AST holders get tickets for the final before anyone else.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve been thinking on it and I’ve changed my mind.

It’s only fair that AST holders get tickets for the final before anyone else.
    Naebody is getting a ticket.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Naebody is getting a ticket.
    oh really?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    oh really?
    Haven't you read the last ten pages, mate?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Because thousands more should be able to attend.

As is being proven down south across various events.

Down south isn't run by the control freaks we have up here.

Just seen on Sky Sports News that Scotland fans have been allocated 2,655 tickets for the England v Scotland game at Wembley. I understand certain people are very cautious etc but there's going to have to come a time when enough is enough. The vaccination programme is being rolled out and come even the start of the new season which is 2 and a half months away even a larger number will be vaccinated. Those at serious risk and the most vulnerable will already have been protected. People need to understand that just because there's cases doesn't mean these are very serious cases either. Those most at risk will have already been fully vaccinated and alleviating pressure of the health service. We need a plan going forward on how to live our everyday lives with this virus because it's not going to dissappear there will always be cases this year, next year and years after that. We have to get back to normal as much as possible.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I’ve no issue with cautious, but it’s gone way beyond that IMO. I fail to see what the risk is in 600 people travelling in their cars through to Glasgow to sit 2 metres apart in the outdoors for a couple of hours. I’d hazard a guess that number or more travel through for work each day. The bigger concern for me is it doesn’t fill me with confidence that we’ll get many fans at games next season if we continue with this over cautious approach.
    We won’t have decent numbers in start of next season. Absolutely no chance imo. It’s an absolute farce.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 14-05-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Largshibby View Post
    I can't get my head around it. Scotland fans given 2,655 tickets for Wembley yet they won't even allow 600 people into Hampden next week. It's ok for Scotland fans to travel down to England in large numbers and back up home but 300 hibs fans can't go 30 minutes down the road to Glasgow.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Largshibby View Post
    You certainly won’t find me blowing smoke up the ***** of anyone at Westminster.

I think the Scottish government has got a lot right during this pandemic. The route map out of it though is pathetic.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    They'll make it up as they go along.

UEFA stipulated fans would attend or they'd take the games elsewhere. We're about to see how money dictates Government health guidelines.
    cash will always trump control-freakery.

At least we don't have to listen who is the most deserving set of supporters anymore and can all concentrate on the game

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    At least we don't have to listen who is the most deserving set of supporters anymore and can all concentrate on the game
    That’s a nice thought but I doubt it. Few more days of acting like this is the worst thing to happen during coronavirus yet. Suppose it keeps the cup final nerves at the back of the mind in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Whatever the rugby is could we not have offered them Easter Road for it?
    That's a really good idea.

Left by mutual consent!
    Don’t say I didn’t warn you. And it will go on, and on, and on, and on, until we reject incrementalist nonsense and demand full stadiums (as it absolutely should be once July rolls around)
    Last edited by ABZHFC; 14-05-2021 at 07:47 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    Said it many times the contradiction throughout this whole process is what hurts the most.

We were told we were in lockdown yet construction and manufacturing continued with thousands of people travelling to sites all around the country daily.

Sport in general has been hit hard. Your still not allowed to go and watch your child play football yet, places are rammed with folk all over the country. Anyone walked down Porty prom recently? Someone tell me how that is no different to walking to a game.

The announcement was made yesterday that 600 fans could go, 24 ****ing hours later its pulled. Seriously how incompetent is this? Yet people still defend the decisions they make.

So sad and frustrating.

The Scottish Government have no interest in football , the rules even for parents watching there kids play are ridiculous .
    There is no appetite for getting crowds back into stadiums despite the success of the vaccine nothing.
    The Indian variant was about before the election but never mentioned it was also well known that Glasgow had a higher infection rate than the average yet they let everyone think it was going to level 2 on Monday which encouraged SFA to ask for crowds for the final and also got the hospitality trade through there to spend thousands on stock , food for the big opening on Monday only for the rug to be pulled from under the feet again at the last minute.
    The only surprise this time is that they are not keeping Edinburgh in level 3 just in case the weegies come here.
    There is a couple of sticky buns fans who I work with who are both heading to George Square tomorrow for a title party.

Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    Didn’t say I didn’t warn you. And it will go on, and on, and on, and on, until we reject incrementalist nonsense and demand full stadiums (as it absolutely should be once July rolls around)
    Loving your work on this thread 😃

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    It’s been the mother of all ticket fiascos - I’ve missed them!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Duane have you cancelled the bus?

But hospitality is still available yeh?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    You certainly won’t find me blowing smoke up the ***** of anyone at Westminster.

I think the Scottish government has got a lot right during this pandemic. The route map out of it though is pathetic.
    What have they got right that no other part of the UK have done?

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    This will be Jason Leitch' decision as he seems to be the go to guy for the media when it comes to sporting matters.

Poor stuff.
    The Glasgow covid positive test average of 71 per 100,000 are based on the daily cases 4th to 10th May .

The case numbers condemning Glasgow to remain in level 3 would have been known four days ago.

Why were fans ever considered to be allowed .

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    To be fair that doesn’t mean they didn’t get it right.

The Scot Gov dealt with the pandemic fairly well imo but the last few months have been all over the shop,

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    The Glasgow covid positive test average of 71 per 100,000 are based on the daily cases 4th to 10th May .

The case numbers condemning Glasgow to remain in level 3 would have been known four days ago.

Why were fans ever considered to be allowed .
    Why are they still using case numbers as the determining factor when it’s no longer anywhere near the risk it was previously due to the most vulnerable being vaccinated? That should be the real questions.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    I think when the pandemic was at its worst they generally acted quicker.

I may be wrong with this but I don’t think they promoted the eat out to help out promotion when we were still on the middle of a pandemic with no vaccine?

They didn’t award multi million pound contracts to their pals.

They showed a human side by offering a payment to NHS staff (even if it was flawed)

They wanted to close the borders before England did too, unfortunately had limited powers to do so, it also would have been pointless unless England and sales did it too.

I appreciate this part of the discussion is for the holy ground and I’m sure I’ll have got parts of the above wrong. I’m no politician, I’m just trying to stress that my criticism of the Scottish governments route out of the pandemic isn’t coming from a political angle.

I like this Scottish government (most, not all the time) but I think they’re a shambles here and quite honestly look out their depth dealing with it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Why are they still using case numbers as the determining factor when it’s no longer anywhere near the risk it was previously due to the most vulnerable being vaccinated? That should be the real questions.
    Made this exact point today twice on this thread. Cases don't necessarily mean serious disease or death as the most vulnerable and those most at risk are fully vaccinated hence decreasing deaths and hospitalisations. Very frustrating when people are using cases as if each case is a very serious illness. It's not. Those people most at risk of becoming seriously ill are already fully vaccinated. Cases are being used to justify continued lockdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Because the vaccination was meant to make transmission a lot more difficult, not impossible, but less likely. When you then get a spike, you have to find out why, just in case this new spike is more resistant etc. Thats why.... i think.

Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    The Scottish Government have no interest in football , the rules even for parents watching there kids play are ridiculous .
    There is no appetite for getting crowds back into stadiums despite the success of the vaccine nothing.
    The Indian variant was about before the election but never mentioned it was also well known that Glasgow had a higher infection rate than the average yet they let everyone think it was going to level 2 on Monday which encouraged SFA to ask for crowds for the final and also got the hospitality trade through there to spend thousands on stock , food for the big opening on Monday only for the rug to be pulled from under the feet again at the last minute.
    The only surprise this time is that they are not keeping Edinburgh in level 3 just in case the weegies come here.
    There is a couple of sticky buns fans who I work with who are both heading to George Square tomorrow for a title party.
    F****** idiots

Quote Originally Posted by FamousFiveHibee View Post
    Made this exact point today twice on this thread. Cases don't necessarily mean serious disease or death as the most vulnerable and those most at risk are fully vaccinated hence decreasing deaths and hospitalisations. Very frustrating when people are using cases as if each case is a very serious illness. It's not. Those people most at risk of becoming seriously ill are already fully vaccinated. Cases are being used to justify continued lockdowns.

Yuup, lockdowns should have been to protect vulnerable, they’re now protected as much as they will be. Let the rest of us loose. We’re all big and ugly enough to make our own decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    Because the vaccination was meant to make transmission a lot more difficult, not impossible, but less likely. When you then get a spike, you have to find out why, just in case this new spike is more resistant etc. Thats why.... i think.
    Because many haven’t been vaccinated yet, so of course cases will still be there. Those cases don’t necessarily translate into hospitalisation and deaths, in fact are very unlikely to. The vaccine reduces transmission but doesn’t kill it completely, therefore cases should never be the measure anymore. In fact, I’d go as far as to say young, healthy people should no longer be wasting their time by getting themselves tested.

Quote Originally Posted by FamousFiveHibee View Post
    Just seen on Sky Sports News that Scotland fans have been allocated 2,655 tickets for the England v Scotland game at Wembley. I understand certain people are very cautious etc but there's going to have to come a time when enough is enough. The vaccination programme is being rolled out and come even the start of the new season which is 2 and a half months away even a larger number will be vaccinated. Those at serious risk and the most vulnerable will already have been protected. People need to understand that just because there's cases doesn't mean these are very serious cases either. Those most at risk will have already been fully vaccinated and alleviating pressure of the health service. We need a plan going forward on how to live our everyday lives with this virus because it's not going to dissappear there will always be cases this year, next year and years after that. We have to get back to normal as much as possible.

In a couple of months time, almost all adults will have had 1 dose and the vulnerable will be fully vaccinated. Things will be much calmer.

We are on the last lap but not quite there yet.