hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Hibs kits

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The luke kits were my favourite villa kits in years. Their leisure wear isnt everyones style but their kits were brilloant
    Not that wirebrush type material. Horrific on the nipples.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Staying with Macron as far as I’m aware.
    Hope not. Even my son's stopped asking for a shirt since we introduced Macron.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    I don't know why but i reckon it will be Luke. I'd be happy to extend with Macron
    Tacky. I hope not.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Who are these Luke folks that keep on getting mentioned?
    Weird designer from England with a horrible logo. A seahorse or summin! Rubbish.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Stone Island would be excellent. £400 for a home shirt would help boost the revenue streams Ron Gordon talks of.
    Stone Island Hibernians Project?

My favourite discussion! My take on what I’ve seen so far is...

Adidas should be No1 target, best kit designs out there in the world right now (template or other) and we’ve seen what they can do with green and white before, really it’s a no brainier and I will guarantee whatever should be produced would be the fastest selling kit we’ve launched in a seriously long time.

Failing that I’d like to see Umbro, always liked the way the do kits and again good track record with us previously, looking over the city they haven’t exactly done a bad jobs with the gunts these past few seasons excusing that effin colour of course.

Otherwise I’m open to New Balance as a couple have mentioned and perhaps even going back to Nike who next season are dropping their template design system giving clubs a much bigger say on how they should like their kits to look. Personally always liked what they gave us anyway except that obvious championship top we won’t discus and surely would be an interesting prospect to see what more we could do with them given their new process?

Big naws would be Luke (absolutely naw btw) macron again which sadly I fear will be the case and lastly this chat of under armour? Who have an absolutely stinking record when it comes to fitbaw tops. Can the UA enthusiasts on here please point out why they think suddenly they’d be such an exciting partner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Adidas. Every single time.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    My favourite discussion! My take on what I’ve seen so far is...

Adidas should be No1 target, best kit designs out there in the world right now (template or other) and we’ve seen what they can do with green and white before, really it’s a no brainier and I will guarantee whatever should be produced would be the fastest selling kit we’ve launched in a seriously long time.

Failing that I’d like to see Umbro, always liked the way the do kits and again good track record with us previously, looking over the city they haven’t exactly done a bad jobs with the gunts these past few seasons excusing that effin colour of course.

Otherwise I’m open to New Balance as a couple have mentioned and perhaps even going back to Nike who next season are dropping their template design system giving clubs a much bigger say on how they should like their kits to look. Personally always liked what they gave us anyway except that obvious championship top we won’t discus and surely would be an interesting prospect to see what more we could do with them given their new process?

Big naws would be Luke (absolutely naw btw) macron again which sadly I fear will be the case and lastly this chat of under armour? Who have an absolutely stinking record when it comes to fitbaw tops. Can the UA enthusiasts on here please point out why they think suddenly they’d be such an exciting partner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fine post, agree with every word.

I don't buy replica kits anymore and haven't for a long time but if we had Adidas I'd have to reconsider

As long as it looks smart who cares what name is on it?

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    As long as it looks smart who cares what name is on it?
    Totally with this. Might be my age, but I couldn't care less what logo is on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Totally with this. Might be my age, but I couldn't care less what logo is on it.
    Aye us auld buggers are past the label nonsense!

I’ve not had a Hibs top since the lime (?) green away one and I’m unlikely to ever wear another one.

It’s a young man’s game that, although I have lost a wee bit of weight so it wouldn’t look as offensive as it would have at Christmas.

It will all be about the ££££££££ - the crap we can produce the cheapest and sell for the most. If that generates maximum revenue for players fit to wear the badge then I’m happy.

Adidas kits are stinking. Never understood why people like them so much.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The badge on the left will always be more important than the one on the right for me. A lot of people like branded gear and will be label led even with replica football tops, so going with a popular manufacturer like Adidas would be a guaranteed big seller for the club along with the associated leisure and training wear, but not something that excites me too much.

The only branded items I really wear are a Lacoste polo shirt and a few Fred Perry’s - would love either to make a Hibs kit but never going to happen sadly. Don’t mind the macron kits to be fair and liked the Nike ones before.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Not that wirebrush type material. Horrific on the nipples.
    Really? Like wirebrush on the nipples?
    Where can I buy one?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Yeah, they were class in the 80s (Trefoil), not nowadays though.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I agree honestly. Their templates are boring as they come and when the likes of Man United aren't really getting a unique kit, what chances do we have.

An Adidas Hibs strip in 2020 would probably be fine, our colours are a thing of beauty and sometimes simplicity is best, however I wouldn't agree with the clamour to sign up with them.

I think the 1st and 3rd season macron strips have been excellent.

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Anything's better than the nike kits we had in the championship, cheap, thin material.

Personally don't mind the macron kits too much, under armour would be a good shout.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I like Macron.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    I agree honestly. Their templates are boring as they come and when the likes of Man United aren't really getting a unique kit, what chances do we have.

An Adidas Hibs strip in 2020 would probably be fine, our colours are a thing of beauty and sometimes simplicity is best, however I wouldn't agree with the clamour to sign up with them.

I think the 1st and 3rd season macron strips have been excellent.
    I'd find it hard to believe Man Utd aren't getting a unique kit. The deal is worth 750 million quid.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I'd find it hard to believe Man Utd aren't getting a unique kit. The deal is worth 750 million quid.
    Not exclusively AFAIK, it might have been deigned for them but other teams have the same template.

For example their home kit is almost identical in design to Sheffield United's, their away kit is very similar to Aberdeen's third. Their away top has a unique pattern but the template is the same as Real Madrid and many others.

One thing I have noticed is that the quality and range of training gear/ leisurewear has improved a lot since Macron have been our shirt sponsor. I don't know whether this is necessarily Macron's input or whether the club themselves decided to offer more options but I've been impressed with the range of stuff on offer last few seasons. Hopefully this continues regardless of who our kit manufacturer is for next season.

On a side note, I've always thought a Hibs kit with green shorts and white socks would look quite smart although I may be in the minority on that one Man Utd used to use all four variations of black and white shorts/ socks combos during the same season - not sure if this more to do with what the opposition were wearing but might be interesting to mix it up a bit

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: N/A
    Nike 3rd kits this season with a few teams have went for a 'vintage' Nike design. No idea why Adidas dont do that for whoever they sponsor and have the away kits or 3rd kits as the old Adidas originals Trefoil proper retro designs. Even adding leisure wear in the same style, they'd make a fortune off football fans. People are paying 100s of pounds for these old style kits these days on eBay and the likes.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMan View Post
    Nike 3rd kits this season with a few teams have went for a 'vintage' Nike design. No idea why Adidas dont do that for whoever they sponsor and have the away kits or 3rd kits as the old Adidas originals Trefoil proper retro designs. Even adding leisure wear in the same style, they'd make a fortune off football fans. People are paying 100s of pounds for these old style kits these days on eBay and the likes.
    Yep the Nike third kits this season are tidy.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMan View Post
    I think in terms of the old style Adidas, part of the reason people are willing to pay so much for it is because it is harder to come by. Start mass producing that style again and it loses its retro tag, becomes less saught after and therefore less valuable as a product.

whoever it is as long as they do a good range of decent training tops, at 53 I feel to old for actual football tops but always like to wear a training top to the Gym in Inverness

I'm still waiting for the Dark Blue (Scottish international shade) away shirt.

Maybe next season.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I'm still waiting for the Dark Blue (Scottish international shade) away shirt.

Maybe next season.
    With an all silver hibs badge

That would be smart

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    Would love an old style admiral type
    Good shout, or an old school Umbro