hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aberdeen red ultra's ceased to exist

I assume they were no banners for them last night, would I be correct?

We are sad to announce that as of Tuesday 5th January 2010 the Aberdeen Red Ultras have ceased to exist.

The Red Ultras were set up in 1999 by a group of supporters who wished to bring colour and atmosphere to games involving our beloved Aberdeen Football Club. It has not been easy to do this within the safety climate that currently exists in Scottish Football and mistakes have been made during this time. The pictures that will remain on this site are testament however to all of our members hard work over the years and will remain as a reminder to all what can be acheived if you truly believe in your cause. We are forever grateful for for the dedication and passion our members have displayed and we will continue to share a bond of friendship that will never end.

We would like to take this opportunity thank you all at Aberdeen FC who have assisted and the Aberdeen supporters in general who gave us great support during these years, we appreciate your support more than you ever knew.

The Red Ultras are no more however we must be happy with what we have achieved, we did it for the team we love and that love will continue regardless of what the future holds.

The website and galleries will remain accessible for the next few months should you wish to save any images.

Stood Free 1999-2010
    Scotlands #1
    Last edited by blueisthecolour; 11-02-2010 at 09:40 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Why is a rangers fan posting something about Aberdeen ultra fans on a hibs forum?

Quote Originally Posted by cwilliamson85 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is a rangers fan posting something about Aberdeen ultra fans on a hibs forum?
    Don't answer a question with a question please, at least answer my question first

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Quote Originally Posted by blueisthecolour View Post

We are sad to announce that as of Tuesday 5th January 2010 the Aberdeen Red Ultras have ceased to exist.

The Red Ultras were set up in 1999 by a group of supporters who wished to bring colour and atmosphere to games involving our beloved Aberdeen Football Club. It has not been easy to do this within the safety climate that currently exists in Scottish Football and mistakes have been made during this time. The pictures that will remain on this site are testament however to all of our members hard work over the years and will remain as a reminder to all what can be acheived if you truly believe in your cause. We are forever grateful for for the dedication and passion our members have displayed and we will continue to share a bond of friendship that will never end.

We would like to take this opportunity thank you all at Aberdeen FC who have assisted and the Aberdeen supporters in general who gave us great support during these years, we appreciate your support more than you ever knew.

The Red Ultras are no more however we must be happy with what we have achieved, we did it for the team we love and that love will continue regardless of what the future holds.

The website and galleries will remain accessible for the next few months should you wish to save any images.

Stood Free 1999-2010
    Scotlands #1
    Mark McGhee's slowly killing the team

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    I didn't see any banners last night, the away fans were fairly noisy in spells though. Its a shame the Ultras are no more, I'm all for anyone trying to improve the atmosphere at games.

Any further detail on why they've disbanded?

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilliamson85 View Post

because we have only just played them and its something that some people take an interest in

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Don't answer a question with a question please, at least answer my question first
    They might not have the banners but I bet they will still sing the songs

why?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    I didn't see any banners last night, the away fans were fairly noisy in spells though. Its a shame the Ultras are no more, I'm all for anyone trying to improve the atmosphere at games.

Any further detail on why they've disbanded?
    No mate, just what I posted.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Perhaps we could buy their flags from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Delabooze View Post
    why?
    Because The first question was still to be answered

This would go down a storm with the rest of your mutant hun mates on swallowswallow

Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post
    This would go down a storm with the rest of your mutant hun mates on swallowswallow
    No love lost between us and aberdeen, I would honestly say they may be hated more than celtic fans, well it's a close call.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    The Red Ultras have disbanded. They had a pretty shakey relationship with the AFC board and other fans. They were given access to the stadium to set up their displays etc but then gone moved by the club from the Dick Donald stand to the open corner at the other end of the stadium. Think it was because fans were complaining about the standing etc. Some fans resented their supiriority complex by all accounts.

I'm sure one of our guest Sheep will fill in the blanks and correct me but I think that's the jist of ot.

No love lost between us and aberdeen, I would honestly say they may be hated more than celtic fans, well it's a close call.

Go and post it there with your mates then hun.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Any need?

It's a post/subject worthy of discussion, as the Ultras were one of the bigger groups in Scotland.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Any word on the trumpets at the back of the Broomland road stand disbanding? I like to rustle a sweetie paper or two during a game.

Stood Free 1999-2010
    Scotlands #1

First Team Regular
    Give the guy a break! People like you do my box in. He has came on and posted something which in no way offends anyone, who cares if he supports rangers!

Glory Glory!

Good impression of you and your mates at Ibrox

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeDaz6270 View Post
    Give the guy a break! People like you do my box in. He has came on and posted something which in no way offends anyone, who cares if he supports rangers!
    Could not agree more with you! I find some peoples treatment of this guy petulant and tiresome. I am a bit surprised by the fact that someone who supports rangers, takes such an interest in hibs, but there is no harm in it at all.

I really wonder what world those folk who rip into him live in. In my groups of mates and social circles, I am in a complete minority being a hibee. However, I really enjoy the friendly banter/piss taking that goes on and also am interested in what is going on at other clubs.

Those of you who put on the front that you foam at the mouth at the sight of a rival fan need to lighten up a bit!

First Team Breakthrough borders.cabbage's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: brendisgod

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by borders.cabbage View Post
    Hardly funny - based on my experiences, he's right.

My fiance's parents are season ticket holders at Ibrox - have been for years. They aren't biggots and refuse to go to away games these days, as they realise just how much worse their away support is.

They quite regularly state that they hate Aberdeen's fans much more than Celtic - reasoning? Celtics fans may spew political/pro-Irish/sectarian guff, but that only should offend people who are caught up in all that crap (or are mindless enough to feign offence for the sake of maintaining a rivalry/prejudice). Aberdeen fans singing about the Ibrox disaster(s), one of their players ending a Rangers' player's career with a horrific challenge (to name 2 of their vile ditty's) are a bit closer to home for many Rangers fans (certainly the ones I know anyway).
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Hardly funny - based on my experiences, he's right.

My fiance's parents are season ticket holders at Ibrox - have been for years. They aren't biggots and refuse to go to away games these days, as they realise just how much worse their away support is.

They quite regularly state that they hate Aberdeen's fans much more than Celtic - reasoning? Celtics fans may spew political/pro-Irish/sectarian guff, but that only should offend people who are caught up in all that crap (or are mindless enough to feign offence for the sake of maintaining a rivalry/prejudice). Aberdeen fans singing about the Ibrox disaster(s), one of their players ending a Rangers' player's career with a horrific challenge (to name 2 of their vile ditty's) are a bit closer to home for many Rangers fans (certainly the ones I know anyway).
    So were they bigots before Mo Johnston signed ?

Left by mutual consent!

Could not agree more with you..
    I could honestly say Hun fans are hated more than jambo fans...

Left by mutual consent!
    [QUOTE=blueisthecolour;2349786]I assume they were no banners for them last night, would I be correct?

Where were you schooled ?

Quote Originally Posted by hibeemikey21 View Post
    Could not agree more with you! I find some peoples treatment of this guy petulant and tiresome. I am a bit surprised by the fact that someone who supports rangers, takes such an interest in hibs, but there is no harm in it at all.

I really wonder what world those folk who rip into him live in. In my groups of mates and social circles, I am in a complete minority being a hibee. However, I really enjoy the friendly banter/piss taking that goes on and also am interested in what is going on at other clubs.

Those of you who put on the front that you foam at the mouth at the sight of a rival fan need to lighten up a bit!

whs

Pretty much what FB posted. There was also a bit of a crackdown from security, they weren't getting access to stands (home & away) and allowed to do certain displays anymore, i.e card displays were banned as the polis said the paper could be used as missiles

They went out on a high though after letting off a big red smoke bomb at Dundee Utd away. Although the reaction from the geeky internet fans is exactly what you expected 'disgraceful behaviour' 'they could've caused a roit' blah blah blah.

Only one group now in Scotland now. Celtc's Green Brigade.

blueisthecolour should be banned purely for his horrific use of the apostrophe in the thread title.

Such grammar abuse (and ideally all Huns) need(s) to be stamped out for society to function well.

Re: Aberdeen Ultras? Couldn't care less, although I think Aberdeen will continute to be one of the best away supports at ER.
    Last edited by lyonhibs; 12-02-2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: There's always 1 Uber-Uber pedant