hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watching the Super Rugby from Oz, looks like the fans are sitting about 2-3 seats between each other in alternate rows, not huge numbers in the ground but shows it can work
    That sounds like bliss.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    What was the point in having a deadline to reserve your existing seat if a large number of people will have to sit in other parts of the stadium for a certain period of time.

Also, now that Easter Road is split into different pricing categories, if you've paid for a seat in the gold zone but get shifted to a seat in the silver zone, will you be due a refund? Similarly if you've paid for a seat in the silver zone and get moved to the gold zone, will you need to pay the difference?

I know the answer to that by the way, I'm just thinking out loud.
    Whatever happens, it’s better than not getting in at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    If it's one metre, wouldn't you still have to have two empty seats between each person?

That could probably be balanced with all the people from the same household who can sit together.

What was the point in having a deadline to reserve your existing seat if a large number of people will have to sit in other parts of the stadium for a certain period of time.

Also, now that Easter Road is split into different pricing categories, if you've paid for a seat in the gold zone but get shifted to a seat in the silver zone, will you be due a refund? Similarly if you've paid for a seat in the silver zone and get moved to the gold zone, will you need to pay the difference?

I know the answer to that by the way, I'm just thinking out loud.
    You make a good point about zones. Mines is classed as gold but if I get moved to a lower priced area then I will be expecting the price difference to be refunded.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    You make a good point about zones. Mines is classed as gold but if I get moved to a lower priced area then I will be expecting the price difference to be refunded.
    If folk are going to be like that, they'll just admit a certain percentage of people from each zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    If folk are going to be like that, they'll just admit a certain percentage of people from each zone.
    Yeah it did come across as a bit "can't see the wood for the trees"

Global pandemic
    Threat of no football for months
    Strenuous efforts made to accommodate fans
    Some fans want £1.50 refund though?

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Yeah it did come across as a bit "can't see the wood for the trees"

Global pandemic
    Threat of no football for months
    Strenuous efforts made to accommodate fans
    Some fans want £1.50 refund though?
    I've just spent £420 on a gold season ticket , despite being unemployed due to coronavirus, and also never requested a refund when they were offered for missed games last season. I think I've certainly done more than a good proportion of fans to support the club.

However, if there is any chance that fans will need to be moved into lower priced sections (and I suspect Hibs will know whether or not that is likely to be required) then they should not have sold season tickets at different pricing levels. IMO they should have all been sold at the same tier.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 04-07-2020 at 10:44 AM.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I reckon closed doors August & September and full stadiums by late October - face masks compulsory.

Things seem to be getting back to some sort of normal a bit quicker than maybe was first thought so I`m more hopeful of getting back inside Easter Road this side of New Year than I was a number of weeks ago.

I've just spent £420 on a gold season ticket , despite being unemployed due to coronavirus, and also never requested a refund when they were offered for missed games last season. I think I've certainly done more than a good proportion of fans to support the club.

However, if there is any chance that fans will need to be moved into lower priced sections (and I suspect Hibs will know whether or not that is likely to be required) then they should not have sold season tickets at different pricing levels. IMO they should have all been sold at the same tier.
    The way things are I think the vast majority are realistic enough to appreciate that they may not be in the seat they’ve purchased - certainly once crowds are initially allowed back in. I’d be surprised if there were more than a handful like yourself who’d be looking for a refund. If you’re being serious with that - regardless of your situation - its a pretty poor show imo.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    The way things are I think the vast majority are realistic enough to appreciate that they may not be in the seat they’ve purchased - certainly once crowds are initially allowed back in. I’d be surprised if there were more than a handful like yourself who’d be looking for a refund. If you’re being serious with that - regardless of your situation - its a pretty poor show imo.
    Fair enough.

I think people are aware they might not be in their specific seat , and if the fans know this Hibs certainty will , so therefore season tickets shouldn't have been sold at different levels.

As has been pointed out you could have a situation where someone who has paid for a gold seat is placed in a silver area and someone who has paid for a silver is in a gold. That's not right IMO and could easily been avoided if season tickets had been left as a blanket price.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 04-07-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Fair enough.

I think people are aware they might not be in their specific seat , and if the fans know this Hibs certainty will , so therefore season tickets shouldn't have been sold at different levels.

As has been pointed out you could have a situation where someone who has paid for a gold seat is placed in a silver area and someone who has paid for a silver is in a gold. That's not right IMO and could easily been avoided if season tickets had been left as a blanket price.
    The gold seats will only be available to those with gold season tickets, whether by assignment or on a first come first served basis. No reason to assume otherwise.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

We might not even be in the stadium we bought the season ticket for, never mind the exact seat. I have a gold seat but so long as I get in to see the game I’ll be delighted.

Fair enough.

I don't agree with your refund chat but back you on your opinion that season tickets should have been left at a blanket price. Different prices sets us apart from each other. Fellow supporters not customers.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 04-07-2020 at 03:08 PM.

The different pricing levels were in place before the pandemic hit.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Season tickets weren't launched until the end of March were they not? I'm sure the country was in full lockdown before they even went on sale.

Times flies, it seems like yesterday I was at the Peterborough train station on the friday before the St Johnstone game to find out it was called off so I got the bus back home.

Murryfield still an option? I understand it's going to be hard to control big crowds but I would like to see fans back at least September.

How many of the season ticket holders are going to want to go to games so early also is another question.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Season tickets didn't go on sale until 27th March.

The WHO made it a pandemic on 11th March.

@hibs.net private member
    Season tickets didn't go on sale until 27th March.

The WHO made it a pandemic on 11th March.

I think the poster meant that the pricing levels were set by the club some time before the tickets went on sale which is kinda logical.

I know people are just chewing the fat over what may or not happen but it highlights how nuts this period is. We’ve gone from debates about Football not being played in front of fans all season, debates about Football not starting as it’s impossible to ask footballers to put themselves at risk from not social distancing on the pitch/training and now I’m reading debates about going back to watch games but maybe not getting to sit in the correct category of seat.
    How quickly social perception of the period can change. Would maybe make for an interesting survey. IF ER remains closed all season and we can only watch on Hibs TV will people accept that for the price of a ST. (Not ask for a refund). IF ER reopens for a % of lucky fans (maybe picked by lottery), will those not lucky to get in still accept watching on Hibs TV (not ask for refund). IF you are lucky enough to get into ER but end up in a bronze seat when you paid for a gold seat, are you still happy to be one of the lucky ones (not ask for a refund)..
    Despite seeing more freedom my opinion is that we are a Long way from life getting back to normal. Big crowds at Football stadiums or concerts or the like are going to be some of the last things we experience in a normal way.
    Australia generally had very little COVID vs European countries and yet parts of Melbourne are going back into full lockdown, same in Spain. The Americas are going through a very tough period now despite their lockdowns mostly being lifted.
    The UK are about to allow people to start traveling again, that surely can’t end well.
    For me, I’ve zero expectations on watching Hibs in person this coming season and mentally that’s probably the best place to be as I can’t be disappointed. Never mind worrying about what seat I may get. Stay safe fellow Hibees both physically and mentally.

Don’t forget the Old Firm...

We could use Murrayfield but when the Old Firm have a large number of ST holders where does that leave them?

Also surely the league :/ government will say all teams can have fans or all teams have no fans.

Add in the expense at Murrayfield for stewards etc - I can see it being ER as normal or nothing with facemasks and 1 way system for toilets etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    I think the poster meant that the pricing levels were set by the club some time before the tickets went on sale which is kinda logical.
    Yes that will be true but I suppose since they hadn't gone on sale yet, the counter argument would be that they could have had a rethink.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    That could probably be balanced with all the people from the same household who can sit together.

Actually, it wouldn't. Having people sitting in groups wouldn't increase the potential number inside the stadium, unless the groups themselves are absolutely massive.

I'm a bit p1ssed just now but I'll post an explanation of the logic behind that tomorrow, when I've sobered up

Maybe somebody a bit more sober can explain it to you in the meantime...

Quote Originally Posted by SingaporeHibs View Post
    I know people are just chewing the fat over what may or not happen but it highlights how nuts this period is. We’ve gone from debates about Football not being played in front of fans all season, debates about Football not starting as it’s impossible to ask footballers to put themselves at risk from not social distancing on the pitch/training and now I’m reading debates about going back to watch games but maybe not getting to sit in the correct category of seat.
    How quickly social perception of the period can change. Would maybe make for an interesting survey. IF ER remains closed all season and we can only watch on Hibs TV will people accept that for the price of a ST. (Not ask for a refund). IF ER reopens for a % of lucky fans (maybe picked by lottery), will those not lucky to get in still accept watching on Hibs TV (not ask for refund). IF you are lucky enough to get into ER but end up in a bronze seat when you paid for a gold seat, are you still happy to be one of the lucky ones (not ask for a refund)..
    Despite seeing more freedom my opinion is that we are a Long way from life getting back to normal. Big crowds at Football stadiums or concerts or the like are going to be some of the last things we experience in a normal way.
    Australia generally had very little COVID vs European countries and yet parts of Melbourne are going back into full lockdown, same in Spain. The Americas are going through a very tough period now despite their lockdowns mostly being lifted.
    The UK are about to allow people to start traveling again, that surely can’t end well.
    For me, I’ve zero expectations on watching Hibs in person this coming season and mentally that’s probably the best place to be as I can’t be disappointed. Never mind worrying about what seat I may get. Stay safe fellow Hibees both physically and mentally.
    I only bought mine the other day with high expectations of watching my team play this year
    But if I don’t get to see them in person for the coming season ,then my pragmatic view is The Club needed financial support in unprecedented times , I stepped up to the Plate and have no qualms about doing that
    I am lucky I can afford to do that so I wouldn’t be looking for money back

A third of fans are less likely to attend Scottish football matches next season, according to a Scottish Football Supporters Association survey.

More that 1,500 people, 90% of whom regularly attend games, took part.

SFSA chairman Andy Smith says the prospect of a "post Covid recession" and fear of getting coronavirus are among the issues concerning fans.

"The scary thing is that up to 34% would either be going less than half as often or not at all," he said

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I reckon closed doors August & September and full stadiums by late October - face masks compulsory.

Things seem to be getting back to some sort of normal a bit quicker than maybe was first thought so I`m more hopeful of getting back inside Easter Road this side of New Year than I was a number of weeks ago.
    If there is 60,000 people inside a full Celtic Park wearing facemasks sometime in late October then Scotland or any other society has truly gone mad.

There isn't an on/off switch regarding this pandemic. Its a long long road back for live cultural events involving spectators which will recover on a slow incremental basis starting from a hugely restricted base.
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 05-07-2020 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    If there is 60,000 people inside a full Celtic Park wearing facemasks sometime in late October then Scotland or any other society has truly gone mad.

There isn't an on/off switch regarding this pandemic. Its a long long road back for live cultural events involving spectators which will recover on a slow incremental basis starting from a hugely restricted base.
    Not at all.

We could have this virtually eliminated by August/September and at that point the main threat is “imported” cases. We could largely lead normal lives if this is managed well and the track and trace model is effective.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Actually, it wouldn't. Having people sitting in groups wouldn't increase the potential number inside the stadium, unless the groups themselves are absolutely massive.

I'm a bit p1ssed just now but I'll post an explanation of the logic behind that tomorrow, when I've sobered up

Maybe somebody a bit more sober can explain it to you in the meantime...
    Are you sober yet? I feel like having small groups sit together would allow more people in and want to hear the alternative explanation.

I don't imagine Hibs will refund/charge people for moving them between zones. If they do need to implement social distancing when we're back and they have to move people then the expectation will be for fans just to get on with it. Doubt there would be more than a handful of fans that kick up a fuss over the move for a couple of games, especially given the circumstances.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Not at all.

We could have this virtually eliminated by August/September and at that point the main threat is “imported” cases. We could largely lead normal lives if this is managed well and the track and trace model is effective.
    Would be nice but with lockdown easing and cross border movement starting again, a more likely scenario is an uplift in transmission over the next couple of months. I suspect you’re too optimistic on these timescales.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Would be nice but with lockdown easing and cross border movement starting again, a more likely scenario is an uplift in transmission over the next couple of months. I suspect you’re too optimistic on these timescales.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Maybe so.

But with reference to the post I quoted, if we have full stadiums in October, society won’t have gone mad. We’ll simply be following carefully considered government guidance. Repeated lockdowns doesn’t have to be the reality in Scotland.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Pubs are now being told they will be able to have one metre distancing inside. Surely that means that an outdoor football stadium can do the same? A bit of common sense needed now. That would allow all season ticket holder to attend Easter road.

I went to the pub yesterday at 2pm and the rules and regulations you have to go through are very strict, you are supposed to stay at your allocated table, only leaving to go to the toilet. You can go 6bar but table service was available too. By the time we left at midnight, you could see most of the rules were being ignored, and people were going to other tables to sit and talk with other friends who'd come in. The staff were on it early doors, but later in the evening it was really just being ignored by the majority. Would football be any different?