hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Masters

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    All falling apart for Molinari - shame after 3 superb days of Golf.

Hopefully Woods can do business now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

YES

What a comeback story

Get in Tiger!

Quote Originally Posted by Cairney11 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could see tiger winning this. Has that look about him
    :)

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairney11 View Post
    :)
    Delighted to see him win. You could see how much it meant to him, one of the most greatest sportsmen ever.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Never thought he'd ever win a major again, and sods law he had to do it when i'd backed Dustin Johnson and Molinari.

Backed Woods after Friday and Saturday's rounds... they was a steel in those eyes. Did well on Molinari and Koepka also

But I have to say, I think that is the GREATEST golfing achievement ever. Greater than Nicklaus winning at 46 - as it is tougher to win now

I wrote Woods off... but I was near to tears for him. He is the golfing great of all time IMHO.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Wrote him off a few times, cursed him a few times more for being a waste of space (his fall from grace was so disappointing being that he was the premier golfer I watched growing up).

Seems to have put his demons behind him and gotten back to what he does best - some of the golf he played this week was absolutely sublime - vintage Tiger. Having said that, he got away with a fair few errant drives this week finding favourable lies/lines.

Delighted to see him back in the winners circle, and I almost hope he can go on to match Nicklaus.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    Can’t believe that is actually a question no adverts and Peter Alliss, has to be the Beeb.
    Alliss is like marmite. I like him but I am old.

Not sure I would agree with those who say this is the greatest achievement ever and better than Nicklaus in 1986.

Well, I suppose all Nicklaus had to do was fend off no-marks like Seve Ballesteros, Bernhard Langer, Tom Watson, Greg Norman, Payne Stewart, Nick Price, Tom Kite, Sandy Lyle...

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Not sure I would agree with those who say this is the greatest achievement ever and better than Nicklaus in 1986.

Well, I suppose all Nicklaus had to do was fend off no-marks like Seve Ballesteros, Bernhard Langer, Tom Watson, Greg Norman, Payne Stewart, Nick Price, Tom Kite, Sandy Lyle...
    There were a fair few "no marks" in the field this week too.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I listened to the coverage on Five Live Sports extra. I think you get better coverage on the radio than TV, certainly more tee to green than TV, which is often about 60% of watching putting. Will try and get a feed tonight, but if not, happy to don the headphones once again. Golf on the radio can be more absorbing than a lot of people think.
    Test cricket is better on the radio than the TV, especially something like ABC's coverage in Australia when the Ashes is down there, but also Test Match Special. The commentators need to fill the gap between the sporadic action, instead of just showing replayes, which makes for a better experience.

Commentary on the shorter games doesn't compare, as the whole point of 50-overs and T20 is explosive batting, so you want the replays from multiple angles.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars