hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    He is a cracking player with plenty potential. By far their best player at tynie. At his age he should be getting occasional starts amongst appearances off the bench but looks like Hearts are sticking to their usual play the youngsters into the ground and burn them out approach.

Cant see any teams buying him now when they could wait until the summer when he will only have 12 months left on his contract.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is a cracking player with plenty potential. By far their best player at tynie. At his age he should be getting occasional starts amongst appearances off the bench but looks like Hearts are sticking to their usual play the youngsters into the ground and burn them out approach.

Cant see any teams buying him now when they could wait until the summer when he will only have 12 months left on his contract.
    I don’t think he’s ever shown anything to say he’s anything near Whittaker coming through here.

@hibs.net private member
    I think their desperation to see a youngster be sold for big money is due to McGinn. I read on KB that they want £2million and a 30% sell on fee.

I don’t think they can handle the fact that we had one of the most promising talents in Scotland, let him develop properly, and then held firm until we got a good deal from Villa.

They are desperate to be able to say something similar.

Testimonial Due
    AC/DC? Yes could see that.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    THey aren't. Same as Cochrane. The hype is because of his age, not his ability.
    In fairness to the boy, he looks a much better player than Cockring.

The only player contracted to Hearts I'd take at ER tbh. His career will probably not fulfill its potential for the precise reason you outline but properly managed he could be playing in the EPL within about 5 years IMO.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    In the last derby I thought he was very good going forward and linked well but - as with so many "fullbacks" these days - didnt have much in the way of defensive capabilities.

Arguably he has been at fault for a fair few of Hearts goals lost this season.

He does look to be a player though, so (for Scotlands sake) lets hope he kicks on. Only issue for me is if he has the mental strength at that age to cope with a move abroad?

p.s. Inter paying £1.25m for 34 year old Ashley Young

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Imagine if he actually makes it. We'll have three international class... Left backs.

Only Scotland eh.

Ac adaptor

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Stefano Pioli will have heard as much about Hearts as Daniel Stendal had before his appointment to manager of the famous.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

Inter might be wanting one of those bizarre "special" relationships though?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    i can't see a big big big club like the big big world famous Hearts doing deals with small clubs such as AC Milan,

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    From today’s gossip column on the BBC website

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51146091

“Manager Daniel Stendel has urged Aaron Hickey to ignore transfer speculation linking the teenager to AC Milan and Manchester City and focus on Hearts' survival scrap.”

The transfer speculation is only coming from one source ya balloon: Hearts themselves!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    From today’s gossip column on the BBC website

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51146091

“Manager Daniel Stendel has urged Aaron Hickey to ignore transfer speculation linking the teenager to AC Milan and Manchester City and focus on Hearts' survival scrap.”

The transfer speculation is only coming from one source ya balloon: Hearts themselves!
    That's the equivalent of me forgetting any plans I might have to hook up with Scarlett Johansson and Megan Fox for a threesome this weekend.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    That's the equivalent of me forgetting any plans I might have to hook up with Scarlett Johansson and Megan Fox for a threesome this weekend.

It’s for the best: Scarlett told me to tell you she’s unavailable this weekend... in fact, every weekend.

Don’t read anything into the fact that she refused to tell you herself... she does of course respect you.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Too late.

They're both signing for the famous, it was discount off peak access to the Oriam that clinched it.

That and sessions in wetherspoons with Dodgy Dan.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

You sure about Scarlett Johansson? She had a Hibee boyfriend on the telly and she ate him. Don't say you weren't warned.....

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    In the last derby I thought he was very good going forward and linked well but - as with so many "fullbacks" these days - didnt have much in the way of defensive capabilities.

Arguably he has been at fault for a fair few of Hearts goals lost this season.

He does look to be a player though, so (for Scotlands sake) lets hope he kicks on. Only issue for me is if he has the mental strength at that age to cope with a move abroad?

p.s. Inter paying £1.25m for 34 year old Ashley Young
    Noticeably when they lost 3-0 away to kilmarnock. He had a 'mare throughout that game.

Scottish football history is littered with players who had "great potential" in their teens but went on to disappear or have relatively humdrum careers: Eoin Jess, Kevin Harper, Paul McStay, Ian Durrant. People assume because they're ahead of their age group at 17 then they're going to be world beaters at 25. It doesn't usually work like that.

I think this kid will be the same, decent but not special.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    THey aren't. Same as Cochrane. The hype is because of his age, not his ability.
    I agree. Though I at least thought Cochrane stood out as a really good young player at the time.

*Edit.. I'm exaggerating. I thought the boy Hamilton was better than Cochrane.

Not sure what either of them are doing now.

Scarlett's meetin me, ya bass!!!

Nah. I'd have him playing every game too if he was by far the best player and the team is struggling to stay up.

But then I disagree that he's by far their best player.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Imagine if he actually makes it. We'll have three international class... Left backs.

Only Scotland eh.
    Lewis Stevenson,
    Andy Robertson,
    Kirean Tierney

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Scottish football history is littered with players who had "great potential" in their teens but went on to disappear or have relatively humdrum careers: Eoin Jess, Kevin Harper, Paul McStay, Ian Durrant. People assume because they're ahead of their age group at 17 then they're going to be world beaters at 25. It doesn't usually work like that.

Paul McStay?

Over 500 appearances for Celtic, many as captain, and 76 Scotland caps. Doesn't sound like a humdrum career to me.

Think if he hadn't been so 'Celtic minded' he could've had a decent career down south if he'd wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Groathillgrump View Post
    Paul McStay?

Over 500 appearances for Celtic, many as captain, and 76 Scotland caps. Doesn't sound like a humdrum career to me.

Think if he hadn't been so 'Celtic minded' he could've had a decent career down south if he'd wanted to.
    Yeah, but compared to the potential he showed as a teenager he played out a relatively unexciting career at Celtc playing 2nd fiddle to the Huns-on-steroids. He should've gone south or abroad and he might have really kicked on.

Yeah, but compared to the potential he showed as a teenager he played out a relatively unexciting career at Celtc playing 2nd fiddle to the Huns-on-steroids. He should've gone south or abroad and he might have really kicked on.
    That was his problem he starred in an average Celtic team that was largely dominated by an overspending Rangers team.

Can't agree at with Paul McStay or Ian Durrant. Durrant in particular was effectively finished at 21 through a horrific Neil Simpson tackle. IIRC he was out for three years after that tackle but he had been terrific prior to that.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    The Scotland Under 16 team who lost in the WC final to Saudi Arabia in 1989 is a great example of how many promising youngsters fail to make any great impact in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Can't agree at with Paul McStay or Ian Durrant. Durrant in particular was effectively finished at 21 through a horrific Neil Simpson tackle. IIRC he was out for three years after that tackle but he had been terrific prior to that.
    I think the myth of how good Durrant was grew arms and legs while he was out injured. Like the others I mentioned he was very good for his age but that doesn't necessarily mean he was going to get any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    The Scotland Under 16 team who lost in the final to Saudi Arabia in 1989 is a great example of how many promising youngsters fail to make any great impact in the game.
    Whereas the Saudi Arabia team was a good example of how well a group of 25 year olds can come together.

I think the myth of how good Durrant was grew arms and legs while he was out injured. Like the others I mentioned he was very good for his age but that doesn't necessarily mean he was going to get any better.
    Possibly, but I still don't think he could ever be classed as having faded away, he was finished by a tackle which didn't belong on any football pitch anywhere.