hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Official Site: HIBERNIAN SET FOR SPANISH TRAINING CAMP

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RSS Bot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds a good trip wonder if there will be any new signings or trialists joining the group.

Hope they get the I am on a jolly and I don't need to work h attitude that they seem to have in most games, removed while they are there !! Some of our players just don't get that they are in a privileged job at Hibs, loads of players would give their right arm to be at a club like this, yet we have players that just don't put it in at all and some occasionally, hope they come back refreshed and with a better attitude and determination to play for 90 minutes than what we have seen for first half of the season ....you will gather I am not in favour of the jollys they go on , if they haven't earned it !! And quite a few just havei earned it this season...

Have we ever come back from one of these warm weather training camps and played well?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    Hope they get the I am on a jolly and I don't need to work h attitude that they seem to have in most games, removed while they are there !! Some of our players just don't get that they are in a privileged job at Hibs, loads of players would give their right arm to be at a club like this, yet we have players that just don't put it in at all and some occasionally, hope they come back refreshed and with a better attitude and determination to play for 90 minutes than what we have seen for first half of the season ....you will gather I am not in favour of the jollys they go on , if they haven't earned it !! And quite a few just havei earned it this season...
    It’s not a jolly if you read Jack’s comments, good training facilities and good weather, means they can also do some tactical work

It is a training camp in better weather hardly a jolly. If it can help the team in the second half of the season while also giving the new manager some time to mould the team into his style while also having a friendly then all good imo.

This isn't a jolly. It's a training camp. It says that in the title.

Who's attitude do you think isn't good enough? Can't say there is anyone obvious. Can't fault anyone's effort recently, just not been good enough.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Have we ever come back from one of these warm weather training camps and played well?
    January 2017 I’d say? We came back and went on an incredible run.

Where is a facepalm emoji when you need it. 🤦

It's a training camp, not some quick fix for champions league victory. It can be hugely beneficial without us winning the next 15 games.

We had a brilliant second half to the season when Lennon was here.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    January 2017 I’d say? We came back and went on an incredible run.
    Yup that's true

The last 2 post winter break results, have been really good. Admittedly we recruited good players as well

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RSS Bot View Post
    As advised on separate thread 6 days ago. Finally, & no doubt very briefly, ITK!

2007. Came back and won a cup final 5-1.

The past 4 years... Scottish cup run, promotion run, record breaking run, run to get us into the top 6.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    2007. Came back and won a cup final 5-1.
    This is the year!

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I see every top 6 team is going abroad for a winter training camp. Hamilton are going to Largs and all the relegation candidates are staying put.

Big team aye?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50934775
    Last edited by Not In The Know; 04-01-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    I assume anyone against this trip can show us how we have faired in 2nd half of season if there are any occasions the club stayed at home? I take it we did well for there to be a point?

@hibs.net private member
    A game against decent Dutch opposition at the end of the week as well. A good run out

Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    A game against decent Dutch opposition at the end of the week as well. A good run out
    From memory I think we lost 2-1 to them in Portugal (Could be wrong though)
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    From memory I think we lost 2-1 to them in Portugal (Could be wrong though)
    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8317

3-1 2018

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Cheers, memory is shocking
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Far better to keep them home where it's nice and cold, getting them into training for a couple of hours a day. We also don't want to give any prospective signings the wrong impression that they might actually enjoy being at Hibs.

Hearts are cleverly staying at home. They're a big team though.

We have to slum it in a warmer Spanish climate, players with smiles on their faces instead of being deadly serious, and bored.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Who is the guy in the centre of the picture wearing training kit with no squad number on it?

Quote Originally Posted by EVENTUALLY View Post
    Who is the guy in the centre of the picture wearing training kit with no squad number on it?
    Think it Doidge

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think it Doidge
    Thanks and yeah I think you're right. He's wearing No.9 gloves. He does look kinda different in the pic though.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This isn't a jolly. It's a training camp. It says that in the title.

Who's attitude do you think isn't good enough? Can't say there is anyone obvious. Can't fault anyone's effort recently, just not been good enough.
    I know what it's called it's how it's treated by the players ...
    For most of the first half of the season we have had too many players being over run, out played and outmuscled in tackles and competing for the ball. We have in too many games played for about 20 minutes a game and for me shown a lack of work rate and desire ..and yes I will level some of the issues at the managers door, but it should never stop a player for working hard for however they are on the park. I think we were being honest we could easily point the finger at players where there.looks and it feels like a lack of effort and desire in matches have been evident ...I count effort as when a player works hard doing there job, matches runs, tries to tackle at least, competes, shuts down his opponent, dives in to block shots and crosses ..are we saying those elements have been what we have seen from our players in every game and for the duration of the game ?? That's as I say what I call effort ...
    Your absolutely right we haven't been good enough, that's not always been down to quality that's again in my view down to desire, committment, attitude and effort ...I want our players back and hungry, I want them to appreciate what they get in going on a Training Camp like this ..and give us the value for money that we pay for ...of we see that then the jolly comment will have rightly been called out as being out of order til then let's see and I will say it again I want it to give us the mid season lift we obviously need ..GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

Far better to keep them home where it's nice and cold, getting them into training for a couple of hours a day. We also don't want to give any prospective signings the wrong impression that they might actually enjoy being at Hibs.

Hearts are cleverly staying at home. They're a big team though.

We have to slum it in a warmer Spanish climate, players with smiles on their faces instead of being deadly serious, and bored.
    13 degrees in Edinburgh on Tuesday. Thoughts go out to all well paid footballers who have to train in those outrageous conditions.

I know what it's called it's how it's treated by the players ...
    For most of the first half of the season we have had too many players being over run, out played and outmuscled in tackles and competing for the ball. We have in too many games played for about 20 minutes a game and for me shown a lack of work rate and desire ..and yes I will level some of the issues at the managers door, but it should never stop a player for working hard for however they are on the park. I think we were being honest we could easily point the finger at players where there.looks and it feels like a lack of effort and desire in matches have been evident ...I count effort as when a player works hard doing there job, matches runs, tries to tackle at least, competes, shuts down his opponent, dives in to block shots and crosses ..are we saying those elements have been what we have seen from our players in every game and for the duration of the game ?? That's as I say what I call effort ...
    Your absolutely right we haven't been good enough, that's not always been down to quality that's again in my view down to desire, committment, attitude and effort ...I want our players back and hungry, I want them to appreciate what they get in going on a Training Camp like this ..and give us the value for money that we pay for ...of we see that then the jolly comment will have rightly been called out as being out of order til then let's see and I will say it again I want it to give us the mid season lift we obviously need ..GGTTH
    It's defo not a jolly. I think others have also confirmed this.