hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Match Ticket Prices In General

General discussion for ticket prices and opinions. This is not a thread bashing the club.

Does anybody else agree that ticket prices in general, across the top flight of Scottish football are getting out of hand? In 5 years or less its likely we will be paying £40+ for a single ticket for Cat A games.

Current adult away prices
    Hearts away £32/£34

Rangers away £32

Celtic away £33/£30

Hibs at home to any of these teams
    £32

There really should be a cap. £20 is plenty.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    General discussion for ticket prices and opinions. This is not a thread bashing the club.

Does anybody else agree that ticket prices in general, across the top flight of Scottish football are getting out of hand? In 5 years or less its likely we will be paying £40+ for a single ticket for Cat A games.

Hearts away £32/£34

Rangers away £32

Celtic away £33/£30

£32

Yip,
    it is not often I agree with the great unwashed Celtc mob but £20s plenty in my opinion.
    PS Also agree with the great washed Hermit

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I don’t go to many away games but yes it does sound a bit steep. I have a home ST so never really notice individual prices for games. I can afford it so never really think about it I just accept it as the going rate, it must be hard for folk who take one or two children though.

Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    Yip,
    it is not often I agree with the great unwashed Celtc mob but £20s plenty in my opinion.
    PS Also agree with the great washed Hermit

Fans are seen as cash cows B, clubs know some fans will pay over the odds regardless and will cash in on it. Its really not fair.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I agree that it's overpriced but what can the clubs do? With very little TV money (compared to England) the clubs rely heavily on gate receipts. Cut those by 30% and we'll be competing with the 4th tier of the English league for players.

You'll get stick for this but I broadly agree.

Scottish football finds itself in a situation in which mismanagement of the media and commercial sides of the game has seen fans asked to contribute evermore just to maintain the current standards. That goes beyond ticket pricing and into the likes of AberDNA, FOH, the Well Society and HSL.

Taking into account my HSL subscription, seaso ticket and attendance at approx one away game a month I'm shelling out in the region of £80 a month on Hibs, as if next season my bairn will be going with me so add on a few pounds more, and that's before an essential like transport and non essentials like a pint. Others will spend far, far more.

It's not sustainable to keep asking fans to dig deeper but in turn it simply has to be because there is no mega money TV or sponsorship deal on the horizon.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Fans are seen as cash cows B, clubs know some fans will pay over the odds regardless and will cash in on it. Its really not fair.
    Fairness, whats that got to do with it?

Clubs set a budget, including commercial / sponsorship / ticketing income.

And with that income they pay the staff.

If you want Hibs to charge £20 per match, then the quality of player will suffer (I know, seems unlikely, but there you are).

Until / unless we get a league / tv deal in line with some other comparable sized countries, then this is a pointless "If only I was dating Claudia Schiffer" kind of argument mate.

I've just paid £40 for cup final ticket for Villa v City. That was the cheapest and it is in level 5 (top tier) of Wembley. Prices below.

Category
    Adult* 17 – 21 Yrs *U17s & Over 65*

Premium Level 2 ticket £150 N/A N/A

Level 2 £125 N/A N/A

Category 1 £100 £75 £50

Category 2 £90 £67.50 £45

Category 3 £72 £54 £36

Category 4 £56 £42 £28

Category 5 £40 £30 £20

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar

Hearts away £32/£34

Rangers away £32

Celtic away £33/£30

£32

Clubs need revenue to pay the players. And don't forget, a significant number of fans pay concession prices.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Football is too expensive in scotland.

I've just paid £40 for cup final ticket for Villa v City. That was the cheapest and it is in level 5 (top tier) of Wembley. Prices below.

Category
    Adult* 17 – 21 Yrs *U17s & Over 65*

Premium Level 2 ticket £150 N/A N/A

Level 2 £125 N/A N/A

Category 1 £100 £75 £50

Category 2 £90 £67.50 £45

Category 3 £72 £54 £36

Category 4 £56 £42 £28

Category 5 £40 £30 £20
    Whats the point of this post?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Clubs need revenue to pay the players. And don't forget, a significant number of fans pay concession prices.
    Yep. It really is VERY basic economics.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Whats the point of this post?

To show the prices in England for a competition that nobody really cares about going to. I don't think Man City will sell out. Still thousands of tickets left and its gone to a general sale to anyone with a purchase history.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

Agree Billy. We get robbed by clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    You are not wrong, but see mine above - until / unless other sources of income arrive (across the entire league / tv deal) then this aint changing.

You may have been in Molde, Norway is a hideously expensive country and yet the tickets were £10.

That tells you something about how the league / SFA sells our game here.

Agree Billy. We get robbed by clubs.
    Sometimes you need to take a breath..........

If you want Hibs to charge £20 a ticket, we will be in the Championship or League 1.

It is the league and tv deals that are robbing us - and while the clubs "run" the league, I think we have been sold short by whoever agrees these deals centrally, not the clubs themselves.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I blame Graeme Souness he arrived on these shores said we got our fitba too cheap in Scotland started his revolution f#>ked off back down south and nothing was the same again

Anyway £22 for an adult for ICT is far too dear HIBS

See you behind the goals 😁

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Demand for football tickets is price inelastic. Halfing the price wont double the crowd.

There is very little business sense in reducing prices from their current level for clubs in Scotland.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Yep. It really is VERY basic economics.
    Will be interesting to see how/where we have absorbed having no sponsorship this season in next years accounts.

It’s not a a sustainable long term approach from those that run our game and our clubs, to under sell our game and continue with an old school reactive mentality as to having the fans dig ever deeper just to stand still.

Hearts away £32/£34

Rangers away £32

Celtic away £33/£30

£32

Surprised nobody has said they paid £100 for Rolling Stones and £50 for Lion King so SPL is a bargain. That's what usually happens...

Being so close to England is the problem, inflated wages, inflated prices, lack of decent TV deal. That plus the fact Scotland just pretty much copy anything England do regarding football. For the standard of football we pay way over the odds to compared to other countries with a similar standard on offer.

Season tickets are ok value TBF. It's away games that are getting out of hand. We're a tinpot league though. Some clubs can't survive without the OF 4 times a season so ticket reductions will never happen.

I can live with ticket prices as much as i moan about it. Playing second fiddle to TV companies pisses me off especially seeing as we (scottish fitba fans) give our clubs FAR much more money than Sky/BT/Premier etc do. 4.30pm on Sunday - yipeee

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    The clubs need to maximise the money they get from gates it’s natural for them to do this. The problem is it’s a balancing act. Charge too much crowds fall, charge too little and the product on the field gets worse. This is especially pertinent in Scotland as gate receipts are the largest form of income. We’re at the edge of pricing now, it’s just affordable for most and most don’t object to paying it. The problem facing clubs now and which I think is why we’re seeing a lot of work going into finding other sources of income is the inevitable turndown in the UK post brexit. This will cause a lot of people to no longer afford football. While I agreed with the OP to a point, I’m not sure what the solution is. If there’s less money in football the product quality falls and crowds fall. Alas this is they way it is, there is no easy solution. I wish it was as simple as £20 is plenty but it’s not.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Sometimes you need to take a breath..........

If you want Hibs to charge £20 a ticket, we will be in the Championship or League 1.

It is the league and tv deals that are robbing us - and while the clubs "run" the league, I think we have been sold short by whoever agrees these deals centrally, not the clubs themselves.
    If £20 will see us in the championship or league 1, how much more on top on the current prices do we need to pay to finish higher than 4th once in a blue moon, never mind finish 3rd?

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Will be interesting to see how/where we have absorbed having no sponsorship this season in next years accounts.

It’s not a a sustainable long term approach from those that run our game and our clubs, to under sell our game and continue with an old school reactive mentality as to having the fans dig ever deeper just to stand still.
    The published accounts are never detailed enough to show that much detail. Looks to me like your looking for another excuse to moan.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    £25 for Hearts, Rangers & Celtic games and £20 for rest of League games would be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    The published accounts are never detailed enough to show that much detail. Looks to me like your looking for another excuse to moan.
    It was a reply to “basic economics”. I was merely asking what the quantifiable detriment is having no sponsorship this season, compared to folk talking about the quantifiable detriment of lowering prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    £25 for Hearts, Rangers & Celtic games and £20 for rest of League games would be fair.
    Yep, but we could forget any faint hope we may have of signing the likes of McNulty on a "permanent" basis.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875

Hearts away £32/£34

Rangers away £32

Celtic away £33/£30

£32

100%. Its madness.

In an ideal world, £20 would be fine. Unfortunately in a world where our ticket prices make up a massive part of our income, therefore impact massively on our budget then we don’t have a choice. Our crowds are also holding up massively so dropping prices would only result in us losing fortunes compared to now. We aren’t going to expand our stadium so there really isn’t any requirement for us to try and entice 6/7000 more fans through the door as we are already up beyond 16000.

If our attendances start to drop due to failing on the park then the board will need to find ways to galvanise the fan base and get folk back through the door, until then it would be self defeating.

For those saying drop the prices now, as the clubs finances currently are, would they accept a massive drop in the quality of player we bring in?

I agree G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    I agree G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk