hibs.net Messageboard

Page 97 of 484 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 14514
    I'm not overly bothered if mcnulty comes back. He started well but towards the end of the season there were games where he was rarely getting involved.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not overly bothered if mcnulty comes back. He started well but towards the end of the season there were games where he was rarely getting involved.
    I’d love to see him back - thought our service was poor in the later games, so would expect him to get towards 20 goals in a full season ..worked hard , even without the ball ..

However, there will be others out there if he gets a different move

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    I think whatever striker we bring in will have a much better time of it this season.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post

My thoughts too.

Wouldn’t mind him back but wouldn’t pay anything excessively big to bring him back.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I’d love to see him back - thought our service was poor in the later games, so would expect him to get towards 20 goals in a full season ..worked hard , even without the ball ..

However, there will be others out there if he gets a different move
    Agree hugely important signing. Imo tremendous movement which will be emphasised even more when Scotty Allan can find him. Many times he was making great runs but not found by our midfielders.

Watching some Scott Allan clips on YouTube and with his vision and passing I could see McNulty scoring 20 goals easily next season assuming he stayed fit. I also think we will win alot more free kicks around the 18 yard box which could get us more goals from the likes of Mallan and Allan

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    If its another loan for McNulty then we should definitely go for it. If its a transfer then that obviously depends on the fee as we need another two strikers in my opinion.

Saying that I'd love to see the link up play with Allan and Mcnulty. Could be a thing of beauty! Hopefully Flo will be firing on all cylinders again too

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    If its another loan for McNulty then we should definitely go for it. If its a transfer then that obviously depends on the fee as we need another two strikers in my opinion.

Saying that I'd love to see the link up play with Allan and Mcnulty. Could be a thing of beauty! Hopefully Flo will be firing on all cylinders again too
    They want him sold.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Any news about Brandon Barker ?
    Joining celtic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    My thoughts too.

Wouldn’t mind him back but wouldn’t pay anything excessively big to bring him back.
    How much is excessively big? We can assume Reading will want some of their £1m outlay back. We'll probably offer about £250k plus add ons. Personally, i believe £0.5m would be a bargain. He's now a full cap & 1 good full season would see that value increase. :I'm not sure where people think we can get an improvement on Mark for less or the same money.

I would like to see McNulty back but still feel we would need another striker.

8 goals and 4 assists for us is impressive especially when you consider he had the dry spell right after he missed the sitter for Scotland.

He is sharp and has good movement and plays a lot of clever balls for the wingers to run onto, with Scott Allan returning and more attacking players coming in I think he would look even better.

Fwiw I think he’s a better finisher than Kamberi who to me always seems a bit rash and lacks composure.

He would certainly be a good options to have and add quality to the squad which is what we need.

Omeonga seems to be a fan favourite from his loan spell with folk desperate to see him back, however I would much rather see McNulty return.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I would like to see McNulty back but still feel we would need another striker.

8 goals and 4 assists for us is impressive especially when you consider he had the dry spell right after he missed the sitter for Scotland.

He is sharp and has good movement and plays a lot of clever balls for the wingers to run onto, with Scott Allan returning and more attacking players coming in I think he would look even better.

Fwiw I think he’s a better finisher than Kamberi who to me always seems a bit rash and lacks composure.

He would certainly be a good options to have and add quality to the squad which is what we need.

Omeonga seems to be a fan favourite from his loan spell with folk desperate to see him back, however I would much rather see McNulty return.
    Tend to agree I think the balance in midfield isn't quite right if we were to have Allan Omeonga and Mallan. Would need to IMO be a different type more athletic and powerful possibly to get better balance. Agree also need another striker and personally think Flo will go.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    The McNulty transfer sounds far from done. Reading apparently looking for big fee according to EEN
    Well one thing's for sure they won't be getting it from Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Well one thing's for sure they won't be getting it from Hibs.
    They won’t be getting a big fee from anyone.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    But they may well get a bigger one than Hibs can afford from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This. No point in us breaking the bank when Reading are unlikely to be beating away the offers.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    But they may well get a bigger one than Hibs can afford from someone.
    While this is true, McNulty might dig his heels in and say he’ll only come to Hibs so get something sorted with them or you’ll be stuck paying my massive wages for no return.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Tend to agree I think the balance in midfield isn't quite right if we were to have Allan Omeonga and Mallan. Would need to IMO be a different type more athletic and powerful possibly to get better balance. Agree also need another striker and personally think Flo will go.
    Respect to your opinions, but I think we tend to overplay things like balance in midfield. A good midfield player who can tackle, chase, hold onto the ball and find short or long passes should always get a game, regardless of some similarities in style to another - or even 2 other midfielders. I really liked Omeonga and would love him back.

However, definitely agree we need at least one more striker more urgently and they are more difficult to find, so if it was between Omeonga and McNulty right now, Marc is our priority.

Is there an update on James?

Are we genuinely on the brink of signing him or have the paper completely made it up again?

Kieran Tierney off to Arsenal.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Think the offer has been rejected hasn’t it?

@hibs.net private member
    Have they upped their offer? Seen Celtc had rejected £15m

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Thought a £15M bid was rejected?

@hibs.net private member Silversand's Avatar
    Arsenal to improve bid & are optimistic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48731196

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silversand View Post
    Arsenal to improve bid & are optimistic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48731196

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Great news.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Great news. Tierney rescued from the young Scottish players' quagmire that is Celtic and we have another player playing for a world-class team. Ryan Fraser next?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Not sure Arsenal would be a great move for him.

I know it’s the Premiership and to some that’s the ultimate destination but there’d be no champions league football for him, unlikely to win anything and the atmosphere at the Emirates always looks flat, probably not a good stepping stone to other English clubs either.

If I was him I’d hold out for a move abroad to a German, Spanish or Italian side, realise it’s not that simple though.

@hibs.net private member
    When I was young the English first division was full of Scots. Good to see a number appearing again.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I'm not convinced that Tierney is ll that good. £20m for him would be unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Not sure Arsenal would be a great move for him.

I know it’s the Premiership and to some that’s the ultimate destination but there’d be no champions league football for him, unlikely to win anything and the atmosphere at the Emirates always looks flat, probably not a good stepping stone to other English clubs either.

If I was him I’d hold out for a move abroad to a German, Spanish or Italian side, realise it’s not that simple though.
    Could be CL next season though. Arsenal are a club that could quickly become really strong again. Emirates would probably be less bad if Arsenal get better.