hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs Twitter

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    It’s a fair point.

There’s no abuse on here so why not go on Twitter and challenge the ones doing it?

All you’re doing is moaning about the moaners again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The comments in response to the announcement were clearly driven by the earlier tweet though. If the earlier tweet hadn’t happened, they’re not happening IMO and there isn’t another debate about our social media output.
    no, they were, as has been the case for most stuff since the final, driven by losing that final.

if we'd have won the whole mood would have been different and Hibs could do no wrong.

I was pissed off, however it's football, only one team wins the trophy and as a support we need to get over it. the whole attitude has been pathetic for weeks. social media is the absolute Pitts.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    It’s a fair point.

There’s no abuse on here so why not go on Twitter and challenge the ones doing it?

All you’re doing is moaning about the moaners again.
    People on here are saying that the club's twitter guy has it wrong - basically saying that the club is wrong.

Surely we can debate that on here?

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    You can almost predict what posters will dominate a thread these days, what side of the “debate” they will be on, and who will be arguing with who, mainly for the sake or arguing. Whatever the thread topic happens to be, that’s an aside.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    People on here are saying that the club's twitter guy has it wrong - basically saying that the club is wrong.

Surely we can debate that on here?
    Yeah of course.

But you seem to feel pretty strongly about swathes of our support online so why not engage directly with them?

I doubt any of the ones giving abuse on Twitter are regular posters on here so all your chat isn’t reaching the people that need to hear it.

Everyone on this thread agrees that abuse is out of order. You’re going an extra mile though with the digs about a lot of Hibs fans because they see things differently to you.

You’ve called some of them all the names under the sun. Why do you even care in the slightest what they have to say when you have such a low opinion of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Investment from a priciple partner and shirt sponsorship is major news at any club and worthy of media build up. Ron Gordon identified gaps in our commercial and corporate activity in the city and certainly appears to be delivering.

Twitter is a cesspit. Full of vile trolls. A necessary part of any modern communication strategy but every time you dip your toe in it you come away feeling soiled.

Too many people treat twitter like it is real life, the slightest mistake in a tweet is earth shattering. Most people, most Hibs supporters don’t give a **** how it was delivered on twitter, they just acknowledge some good Hibs news and get on with the rest of their day.
    In the years I've followed hibs new kit sponsors and shirt sponsors were always newsworthy but I disagree about the media build up. These deals were achieved when they were due and you'd read about them, probably in the Evening News or the official site, in standard news article form. No fuss.

I can't remember anyone getting excited by a sponsor. The most reaction we ever got was when we failed to get one but it doesn't work the other way around as we're one of Scotland's biggest clubs and we'd expect to attain a sponsor as a matter of course.

News of note but save the suspense for something genuinely exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Yeah of course.

But you seem to feel pretty strongly about swathes of our support online so why not engage directly with them?

I doubt any of the ones giving abuse on Twitter are regular posters on here so all your chat isn’t reaching the people that need to hear it.

Everyone on this thread agrees that abuse is out of order. You’re going an extra mile though with the digs about a lot of Hibs fans because they see things differently to you.

You’ve called some of them all the names under the sun. Why do you even care in the slightest what they have to say when you have such a low opinion of them?
    People don't get away with those sort of posts on here, otherwise it would be happening.

If I'm still involved in this thread, it's mostly because I'm responding to posts, like your's, which were addressing me.

If you can be bothered looking, you'll see that there has been a lot of direct "back & forths" between myself & different posters, yet I get the impression that I'm a pain in the arse troublemaker...

I may be stubborn but I'm anything but that. If anything I nearly always stick up for the guy who's not in a position to defend himself.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 05-06-2021 at 10:36 AM.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Is this closing threads because people disagree not becoming a bit OTT? I appreciate that they can drag on, but nobody is forced to read them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    You can almost predict what posters will dominate a thread these days, what side of the “debate” they will be on, and who will be arguing with who, mainly for the sake or arguing. Whatever the thread topic happens to be, that’s an aside.
    Do you really think its just for the sake of arguing? I can't agree. Some posters have strong views and this is the vehicle for them to air those views.
    I never rated Rocky as highly as others and said so across more than one thread but it was nothing to do with wanting an argument. I'd hope if there are people like that they would be rooted out. But who is to decide?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Yet another one man crusade it seems.
    The continuing notion of coming on to Hibs.net to debate about how moronic / clownish / thick / wide other Hibbies are on Twitter and Facebook is banal.
    Likewise is the relentless defence of whatever the club do and how they do it. Quite often they get it terribly wrong and it’s not Twitters doing that they do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    The continuing notion of coming on to Hibs.net to debate about how moronic / clownish / thick / wide other Hibbies are on Twitter and Facebook is banal.
    Likewise is the relentless defence of whatever the club do and how they do it. Quite often they get it terribly wrong and it’s not Twitters doing that they do so.
    Given that there are a few people of the same opinion, who's the one man in question?

As for myself, my default position isn't to defend the club. However if I disagree with what people are saying then I'll say so - it's a forum for discussion is it not?

Or maybe you've decided otherwise?
    Last edited by Peevemor; 05-06-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Given that there are a few people of the same opinion, who's the one man in question?

As for myself, my default position isn't to defend the club. Howevern if I disagree with what people are saying then I'll say so - it's a forum for discussion is it not?

Or maybe you've decided otherwise?
    You.
    Yes.
    There you go again.

You.
    Yes.
    There you go again.
    So why don't you have a go at others who are of the same opinion as me?

I've had a few separate debates with people on this thread, quoting posts back and forward - I'm not just randomly scatter-gunning my opinion, yet you obviously feel that you have the right to criticise that, whilst I don't have the right to comment on what others are saying?

I always thought that the admins did a good job on here, I didn't realise that you'd taken over.

So why don't you have a go at others who are of the same opinion as me?

I've had a few separate debates with people on this thread, quoting posts back and forward - I'm not just randomly scatter-gunning my opinion, yet you obviously feel that you have the right to criticise that, whilst I don't have the right to comment on what others are saying?

I always thought that the admins did a good job on here, I didn't realise that you'd taken over.
    You scattered three question marks over your reply, I answered all of them concisely. One of them I agreed with.
    Answering your questions or even offering an opinion isn’t taking away your ‘rights’. Such drama.

These two lines now are making you sound like a spoilt child, which of course, you might well be, who knows?

Honestly, if what people are writing on Twitter is making you poop, take to Twitter.

You scattered three question marks over your reply, I answered all of them concisely. One of them I agreed with.
    Answering your questions or even offering an opinion isn’t taking away your ‘rights’. Such drama.

These two lines now are making you sound like a spoilt child, which of course, you might well be, who knows?

You speak of my "relentless defence of the club", but there are issues/subjects where I don't defend the club at all. When I don't have an opinion or where I think the point has already been made then I generally don't say much. You don't notice that though do you?

You accuse me of "yet another one man crusade" and of being "banal". Now I apparently sound like a spoilt child, but you haven't answered why you aren't having a pop at others on this thread who are of the same opinion as me.

Honestly, if what people are writing on Twitter is making you poop, take to Twitter.
    I'm debating views expressed on here with people on here. What part of that don't you understand?
    Last edited by Peevemor; 05-06-2021 at 01:12 PM.

Well said, totally agree.

Hopefully we'll see a change in who runs our social media channels asap.

So a debate over breakfast earlier, I usually prefer to have brown sauce with most cooked breakfasts, but if it is a bacon roll it has to be red sauce, agreed?

You speak of my "relentless defence of the club", but there are issues/subjects where I don't defend the club at all. When I don't have an opinion or where I think the point has already been made then I generally don't say much. You don't notice that though do you?

You accuse me of "yet another one man crusade" and of being "banal". Now I apparently sound like a spoilt child, but you haven't answered why you aren't having a pop at others on this thread who are of the same opinion as me.

I'm debating views expressed on here with people on here. What part of that don't you understand?
    I understand perfectly well what you’re debating, I’m questioning why. But remove your patronising, aggressive and repetitive last line questioning as you are getting up my nose and it’s not close to forming part of a debate, you’re basically only arguing and your tone throughout the thread reflects that.

I commented on your opinions. We’ve agreed that’s allowed. For both of us. I don’t have to comment on those of everyone I’m certain of that.

Why or how would I notice when you’re not saying much, is that a real question? Iggy Pope’s just a name I’m not an omnipotent.

I need to be clear. I’m not removing your rights by having an opinion, that was when you were sounding, to me, like an adolescent. That’s my opinion.

Opinions eh? As someone once said.

I understand perfectly well what you’re debating, I’m questioning why. But remove your patronising, aggressive and repetitive last line questioning as you are getting up my nose and it’s not close to forming part of a debate, you’re basically only arguing and your tone throughout the thread reflects that.
    You jumped into the thread to criticise me - not the other way around. Let's not lose sight of that.

I commented on your opinions. We’ve agreed that’s allowed. For both of us. I don’t have to comment on those of everyone I’m certain of that.

Why or how would I notice when you’re not saying much, is that a real question? Iggy Pope’s just a name I’m not an omnipotent.

I need to be clear. I’m not removing your rights by having an opinion, that was when you were sounding, to me, like an adolescent. That’s my opinion.
    You referred to a "relentless defence of whatever the club do" - I was indicating how this isn't the case.

Opinions eh? As someone once said.
    Exactly.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 05-06-2021 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    So a debate over breakfast earlier, I usually prefer to have brown sauce with most cooked breakfasts, but if it is a bacon roll it has to be red sauce, agreed?
    Ketchup on everything for me where possible.

You jumped into the thread to criticise me - not the other way around. Let's not lose sight of that.

You referred to a "relentless defence of whatever the club do" - I was indicating how this isn't the case.

Exactly.
    Yes. I jumped in. Bad old Iggy. At least you seem to be agreeing now.

Same threads following a similar path. Theres a common theme here.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    You said the same last night before deleting your post.

There's a common theme here.

There's a common theme here.
    There is indeed.

There is indeed.
    You said it!

@hibs.net private member

this has been said quite a few times on this yourself and PB most recently, tell me what is this place for? If I see something in the EEN should I not comment on the contents on here? it’s a hibs forum where hibs topics are discussed no? If someone see’s a transfer rumour on twitter it’s discussed here so why shouldn’t it be discussed when a section of our fan base throwing the toys out the pram is affecting the clubs twitter account and being directed to players as well?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    We're now over 20 hours on from the tweet. Why is this still a thing?

Would it not just be easier and better for all to let it lie and move on? The last 4 or 5 pages are dominated by the same half a dozen posters making the same points over and over again. No one is going to change their mind this far down the line so it has long ceased being a debate. The advice has repeatedly been that people on Twitter need to grow up, maybe that applies here as well. Agree to disagree and move on FFS before yet another thread has to be closed.
    Without getting involved in this thread where the opinion is there for all to see.

Why the need to close so many threads when there is a healthy debate going on? It's almost as if certain opinions are being silenced now.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Without getting involved in this thread where the opinion is there for all to see.

Why the need to close so many threads when there is a healthy debate going on? It's almost as if certain opinions are being silenced now.
    The post you quote explains it perfectly?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post

When one person argues for, and someone argues against, and then the thread gets closed, which opinion is being silenced?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    this has been said quite a few times on this yourself and PB most recently, tell me what is this place for? If I see something in the EEN should I not comment on the contents on here? it’s a hibs forum where hibs topics are discussed no? If someone see’s a transfer rumour on twitter it’s discussed here so why shouldn’t it be discussed when a section of our fan base throwing the toys out the pram is affecting the clubs twitter account and being directed to players as well?
    Well, for me the things I like most about Hibs.net are the exchange of information of all things Hibs. No matter if it’s team lines, transfer talk, gossip, tickets, bus and train times, how to get to Slovenia or the cut of Jack Ross’ troosers.

I really don’t think it’s a place to discuss, and at humongous length, what’s being said by individuals on Twitter. I think Twitter is the place for that, particularly if the strength of feeling felt by the actions of these folks is as vociferous as that being played on here, going by some of the name calling.
    I’ve seen a few of the Twitter comments and I know at least two of the participants post regularly on here and they don’t appear to be part of this so called debate.
    Individuals on Twitter aren’t really a section of our fan base. They are individuals representing themselves. If I replied to them on Twitter I wouldn’t be representing Hibs or indeed Hibs.net. I’d be speaking for myself. I’m not sure our fan base has any sections at all since the demise of the Away Season Ticket and the Singing Section. HSL might be considered one mind you. Hibs.net certainly isn’t a section to me as our thoughts and opinions are clearly diverse. Neither are a few reactive sorts on Twitter, they’re a shower of punters with the right to say what they feel within the laws of decency like everyone else.