hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wasn't a disaster it was great

Mrs Mercer has a real meal for one

Brutal.
    Load of nonsense about Ricksen as well. Wish you could inform the parents of these silly wee boys that their kids are mocking someone suffering from motor neuron disease

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Trips to Ibrox now are bloody awful. I’m not sure which way to look at times. Per head, the amount of fuds around are remarkable. And those same two Hun NF ****wits in the stand overhead of us are allowed to come and drape their banners (often the right way up) with the sole intention of provoking the fans below them. And it works as a lot of those fans below cannot help themselves. These Hun ****ers don’t even sit in those seats. They appear 10mins before kick off and again at half time before ****ing off back to where they started.
    We’ve a bit of rope and several disinterested stewards and polis keeping the name callers apart at ground level. None of the name callers watch the game and prefer to use their fingers to gesticulate in ever more creative ways.
    The spectating experience at this fixture is seriously ****ed. More so than it has been at any time in the 40 years I’ve been attending it anyway.

Have to agree with that, and it applies to both sets of supports.

I actually have a feeling that the idiots in the Hibs support are part of some organised group. There's a large group of younger pretendy casuals, and a small group of older guys that join in with them. They sing songs about the Ibrox disaster, the queen, the 'Ra' and whatever else they think can possibly offend, cross themselves and wave tricolours in the direction of the home fans.

There was also some much older (maybe about 60 y/o), fat, gray-haired fan-dan in Row M wearing an Irish Rebel scarf and constantly shouting something like 'Go home British *********s'

Left by mutual consent!
    Trips to Ibrox now are bloody awful. I’m not sure which way to look at times. Per head, the amount of fuds around are remarkable. And those same two Hun NF ****wits in the stand overhead of us are allowed to come and drape their banners (often the right way up) with the sole intention of provoking the fans below them. And it works as a lot of those fans below cannot help themselves. These Hun ****ers don’t even sit in those seats. They appear 10mins before kick off and again at half time before ****ing off back to where they started.
    We’ve a bit of rope and several disinterested stewards and polis keeping the name callers apart at ground level. None of the name callers watch the game and prefer to use their fingers to gesticulate in ever more creative ways.
    The spectating experience at this fixture is seriously ****ed. More so than it has been at any time in the 40 years I’ve been attending it anyway.
    Last time I visited Ibrox was in the Stubbs era, I witnessed an elderly woman who took who I assumed was her grandson to the game with her, get hit several times by flying drinks and coins. Can’t stand those vile *******s.

Funny nobody mentioned that at the game. If that had happened inside the ground it would have kicked off.
    Definitely happened, mate. Right in front of me, steward is a old ****** with grey hair

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Have to agree with that, and it applies to both sets of supports.

I actually have a feeling that the idiots in the Hibs support are part of some organised group. There's a large group of younger pretendy casuals, and a small group of older guys that join in with them. They sing songs about the Ibrox disaster, the queen, the 'Ra' and whatever else they think can possibly offend, cross themselves and wave tricolours in the direction of the home fans.

There was also some much older (maybe about 60 y/o), fat, gray-haired fan-dan in Row M wearing an Irish Rebel scarf and constantly shouting something like 'Go home British *********s'
    And then get massively offended when obviously The Rangers fans start singing Rule Britannia and such nonsense back at them. Do think we have a growing minority of idiots that want to join in with all the bigoted nonsense. Also seems to be on the rise with Hearts. Never known it before in all my time supporting Hibs but hopefully its stops

I'm not sure what words were being sung but I also heard a few of our fans singing something to the same tune as the song that was sung by some Celtic fans a few years ago about Lee Rigby, when the huns unfurled their flag about him before the game.

Hopefully it wasn't the same words.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'm not sure what words were being sung but I also heard a few of our fans singing something to the same tune as the song that was sung by some Celtic fans a few years ago about Lee Rigby, when the huns unfurled their flag about him before the game.

It was mate, get it up them

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHibby View Post
    Load of nonsense about Ricksen as well. Wish you could inform the parents of these silly wee boys that their kids are mocking someone suffering from motor neuron disease

Aye thats right, something about doing a wheelie in his wheel chair. Sick ****s.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

They unfurled the same utterly pointless flag today again. Lee Rigby obviously having been a committed ICF man and all that. “Never forget”. “ Never forgive”.
    Away and **** off with that.
    It’s madness and it’s everywhere around you.

Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    Definitely happened, mate. Right in front of me, steward is a old ****** with grey hair

Aye, seen the links. Poor show as usual at Ibrox.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverHibs View Post
    Get it up who exactly?

Surely you don't support the singing of a song that mocks the death of a British soldier in a terrorist attack on the streets of the UK?

Get it up who exactly?

Surely you don't support the singing of a song that mocks the death of a British soldier in a terrorist attack on the streets of the UK?
    Don’t make it about this for goodness sake.

Are you condoning a chant about a soldier who was brutally murdered in cold blood on the streets of London? Or have I completely misunderstood your post? Sorry if I have.

[QUOTE=Sir David Gray;5882588] Get it up who exactly?

Surely you don't support the singing of a song that mocks the death of a British soldier in a terrorist attack on the

They unfurled the same utterly pointless flag today again. Lee Rigby obviously having been a committed ICF man and all that. “Never forget”. “ Never forgive”.
    Away and **** off with that.
    It’s madness and it’s everywhere around you.
    The flag is just contrived nonsense, as is the rest of their faux allegiance to Queen and country that they all try to get behind but regardless of the merits of the flag, it's more the reaction of some Hibs fans that I am getting at.

If they were singing the song that I think they were (and someone on here has already apparently confirmed that they were) then it's an utter disgrace.

Get it up every rangers fan that worships that ****

Wow!

Thread closed in 3 2 1...

And here it goes. We enter a debate amongst us about a terrorist murder several hundred miles south of Glasgow and one that that had nothing to do with football, peculiarly in common with so many acts of terrorism. I’m betting Lee Rigby had never heard of the ICF or Walter Smith. It’s another bout of point scoring that ends pointless anyway.

The Rangers fans were chanting Hibees and Jet Skis don't go as well.

@hibs.net private member
    The Rangers fans were chanting Hibees and Jet Skis don't go as well.
    Hopefully people will not use this as an excuse for whataboutery. No place for this crap whatsoever, either at a game or on this forum.

The flag is just contrived nonsense, as is the rest of their faux allegiance to Queen and country that they all try to get behind but regardless of the merits of the flag, it's more the reaction of some Hibs fans that I am getting at.

If they were singing the song that I think they were (and someone on here has already apparently confirmed that they were) then it's an utter disgrace.
    It’s a predictably childish response to a childish (and meritless by the way) act of provocation. Nothing else. None of them are children though, at least not outside the brain area.

By the way, when one of the flags was unfurled above us back to front and upside down it was a genuinely humorous moment met with a much more human reaction. Laughter. More of that would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Typical Glesca Polis nothing happened let’s arrest the HIBS fan wi the Edinburgh accent
    There were Glesca Polis filming the argument from the very back of the stand. Not sure whether anything will get done and I dunno if they were filming when the alleged attempted headbutt took place, but at least they did *something*.

It’s a predictably childish response to a childish (and meritless by the way) act of provocation. Nothing else. None of them are children though, at least not outside the brain area.

By the way, when one of the flags was unfurled above us back to front and upside down it was a genuinely humorous moment met with a much more human reaction. Laughter. More of that would be good.
    I actually think the flag is really tasteless and I think the family of Lee Rigby would be quite annoyed that his name is being used in this way. However that's a problem for Rangers to address.

My concern is Hibs and the conduct of our supporters and I think the song is more sinister than simply just childish.

If this is the sort of nonsense we're going to be trotting out at these games then I'm out as I don't want associated with any of it.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    There were Glesca Polis filming the argument from the very back of the stand. Not sure whether anything will get done and I dunno if they were filming when the alleged attempted headbutt took place, but at least they did *something*.
    👍🏾

Times have moved on since 1973

Bet nothing gets done same outcome

Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    The polis were fine today as far as I could see. I spoke to one of them and he was clearly exasperated. I’m no fan of them but Spider-Man couldn’t do much about the hysteria that goes on. Hard enough keeping an eye on thousands of nutters without policing the ****ing stewards as well!

@hibs.net private member HibeeMassive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    Yep, I seen it also, was no more than 6 feet away from it. Went head to head with the young guy then clenched his fist and flinched it as if he was going to swing for him.

Was never going to hit him, purely done to wind up the boy. The young guy wasn’t even the one who he’d been having a bit of to and fro with, think it was the laddies dad who was in the row behind - who then went tonto after seeing the stewards actions towards his son.

I actually think the flag is really tasteless and I think the family of Lee Rigby would be quite annoyed that his name is being used in this way. However that's a problem for Rangers to address.

My concern is Hibs and the conduct of our supporters and I think the song is more sinister than simply just childish.

If this is the sort of nonsense we're going to be trotting out at these games then I'm out as I don't want associated with any of it.
    Quite annoyed?
    Anyway, aye you’ve said about your disgust. It’s not for debate really. I don’t see the merit in over analysing the behaviours. They don’t all behave like this outside the match day so why during it.
    People need to grow the **** up.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Said steward - what we’re up against... Strong case for Hibs bringing our own stewards to supervise the away section at Ibrox, and to a lesser degree, Celtic Park.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMassive View Post
    Yep, I seen it also, was no more than 6 feet away from it. Went head to head with the young guy then clenched his fist and flinched it as if he was going to swing for him.

Was never going to hit him, purely done to wind up the boy. The young guy wasn’t even the one who he’d been having a bit of to and fro with, think it was the laddies dad who was in the row behind - who then went tonto after seeing the stewards actions towards his son.
    All of this is true.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Said steward - what we’re up against... Strong case for Hibs bringing our own stewards to supervise the away section at Ibrox, and to a lesser degree, Celtic Park.

He is obviously a wind up merchant who is a threat to the safety of spectators. Fan reps please can we have this brought up to those who can do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    He is obviously a wind up merchant who is a threat to the safety of spectators. Fan reps please can we have this brought up to those who can do something about it.

Come on, its a bit pathetic eh.