hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mathie

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope it’s not him selling the club to potential new signings, bored the life out of me, in all honesty came over very aloof and emotionless yesterday, PR stunt gone bad. “Sorry, not hear to critique or express an opinion on today’s game.....but let me tell you about how wonderful we are at developing youth players and what a fantastic structure we have in place” Sorry Graham but I couldn’t give 2 hoots about our structure or youth development, I want to see my hibs first XI playing combative entertaining football, aren’t you head of sporting performance or whatever the title is? And by the way our wonderful structure has generated one first team regular in around 10 years, Ryan Porteous. Josh Doig looks like the potential 2nd in 10 years.....other clubs with nowhere near our facilities and resources are producing far more.
    Excellent post . The current football structure has been in place since we were relegated. You have made a great point re Porto. Doig didn’t come through our academy he was with hertz academy for many years. We signed him summer 2019 as a full time pro. Gullan is a similar story.
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 03-01-2021 at 11:50 AM.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    I think there should be a bit of a clear out at the End of a season .
    McGregor
    Gray
    Stevenson
    Hallberg

My undecided clear outs

Mallan
    Gogic

So potentially 6 spaces for players who are better

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    I’d be interested to know how you’ll clear out players with years on their contracts.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    What does Mathie actually do?
    https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...=1000489145970 big explanation in this podcast.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I was clearly asking rhetorically. His performance should be under scrutiny too.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    What does Mathie actually do?
    What other user names do you use? You've been a member for almost 20 years, yet the majority of your posts are all the negative stuff that you've posted since yesterday.

Be honest please.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    I was clearly asking rhetorically. His performance should be under scrutiny too.
    Scrutinise then - how do you intend to do that objectively what timeframe and by what measures?

So many factors at play in the last 2 games not too sure which can be laid at the door of Mathie...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

If you know what he does and think he should be under scrutiny, what criteria are you measuring him on based on his role?

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I’d be interested to know how you’ll clear out players with years on their contracts.
    Starts with a conversation along the lines of your not going to be involved not even in the squad going forward you might want to find another club?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Well said 👏

Far too soft as a club.

How exactly? What do you expect us to do different to be ''harder''? as a club?

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    How exactly? What do you expect us to do different to be ''harder''? as a club?
    Are you for real? Teams just walk all over us. Our midfield is soft as ****.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post

Powder puff midfield, no workers in there, when we lose possession the midfield barely try a leg to win it back and teams play right through them. We need to sign a couple of hard men to go in there and mix it up a bit.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Powder puff midfield, no workers in there, when we lose possession the midfield barely try a leg to win it back and teams play right through them. We need to sign a couple of hard men to go in there and mix it up a bit.
    Correct, no fight, no guts, no desire.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Could do with a Gogic type in there.

So our midfield is soft? Not the club.

Isn't Gogic a hard man? The 10 games league games we've won no one has walked all over us. What about the 6 cup ties? Didn't see much walking over us there. Sure its just not this bad week where teams have walked all over us?

So our midfield is soft? Not the club.

Isn't Gogic a hard man? The 10 games league games we've won no one has walked all over us. What about the 6 cup ties? Didn't see much walking over us there. Sure its just not this bad week where teams have walked all over us?
    He's maybe hard, just no that good. So your now saying in ALL league and cups games we've won this season we have been the better team?

He's maybe hard, just no that good. So your now saying in ALL league and cups games we've won this season we have been the better team?
    No. But plenty of games we've drawn or lost we've done well in and thin margins have prevented us getting a more positive result. Hibs midfield do not get walked over every week, thats utter rubbish.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

No. But plenty of games we've drawn or lost we've done well in and thin margins have prevented us getting a more positive result. Hibs midfield do not get walked over every week, thats utter rubbish.

We can’t have it all ways. When we lose a late goal to Dundee United folk we’re talking about bottle etc, yet if we play poorly and win that’s luck (or dig out a result) - why isn’t that evidence of us having bottle?

When teams are above us, the league table doesn’t lie, when it’s evidence that we’re not doing too badly then how the points were won and how some don’t really count comes into play.

The comments from mathie saying oh we played well at ibrox is why no team outside Glasgow has won the league in decades. To many clubs happy to plough along year in year out. You also find most teams seem to perform better when sky come to town then back to lower standards when the dont.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    The comments from mathie saying oh we played well at ibrox is why no team outside Glasgow has won the league in decades. To many clubs happy to plough along year in year out. You also find most teams seem to perform better when sky come to town then back to lower standards when the dont.
    You don’t think we played well at Ibrox?

@hibs.net private member

That was the $h1t3 JR was spouting out when a championship club knocked us out the cup.

#FINEMARGINS

Did ok would hardly be shouting from the rooftops

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    I hope it’s not him selling the club to potential new signings, bored the life out of me, in all honesty came over very aloof and emotionless yesterday, PR stunt gone bad. “Sorry, not hear to critique or express an opinion on today’s game.....but let me tell you about how wonderful we are at developing youth players and what a fantastic structure we have in place” Sorry Graham but I couldn’t give 2 hoots about our structure or youth development, I want to see my hibs first XI playing combative entertaining football, aren’t you head of sporting performance or whatever the title is? And by the way our wonderful structure has generated one first team regular in around 10 years, Ryan Porteous. Josh Doig looks like the potential 2nd in 10 years.....other clubs with nowhere near our facilities and resources are producing far more.
    Yesterday wasn’t the real Graeme Mathie. He was put in a difficult position due to the performance
    He’s a really positive upbeat person who could talk for Britain
    Felt sorry for him yesterday

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    That was the $h1t3 JR was spouting out when a championship club knocked us out the cup.

#FINEMARGINS
    He was right though.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Did ok would hardly be shouting from the rooftops
    You’ve got standards that Hibs haven’t met since the 50’s, I’ve never known a Hibs support to collectively feel as downbeat about a decent performance as you are being.

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=Jones28;6406332]He was right

We bottled it, nothing to do with fine margins. Its not the only time he has used that strap line.

@hibs.net private member
    We did play well at Ibrox, if we had a stronger ref we’d have got out their with at least a point, not many teams can say that against them this year.

I saw an article which estimated the rangers have spent £65m to get the squad to where it is now, that’s why no team outside Glasgow has won the title in decades and why us having a right good go and playing well is about as much as can be hoped for unless we’re catching them on an off day and playing out our skin.

#FINEMARGINS
    Its correct, thats why. If we score our penalty, we probably win. That is a fine margin
    Yeah, nothing to do with them having 10x the budgets, its comments by club staff that win titles...

We bottled it, nothing to do with fine margins. Its not the only time he has used that strap line.
    You think Kevin Nisbet stepping up to take a penalty in a huge game, days after his father passing, is signs of a bottler? He missed, it was utterly ***** to lose but it was very close.

Sport at the professional levels does some down to extremely slim margins. Guys spend years training for the 100 meters to lose by 0.01 seconds. Is that a bottling?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

You think Kevin Nisbet stepping up to take a penalty in a huge game, days after his father passing, is signs of a bottler? He missed, it was utterly ***** to lose but it was very close.

Sport at the professional levels does some down to extremely slim margins. Guys spend years training for the 100 meters to lose by 0.01 seconds. Is that a bottling?
    Nisbet had bottle in abundance to take that penalty.

But we still got beat, I think that's what some are saying, we gave no ruthlessness, why accept doing alright and getting beat, why not be angry the we played well and got beat. For too long now we've had this mind set of top 6 is good, 4th is very decent but top 2 is beyond us because it's always Rangers and Celtic that get top 2. We've given both these teams bloody good games, even beaten Sevco in that cup final, we have to change or psyche at the club and start challenging more often.