hibs.net Messageboard

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blatant trolling is against the rules.
    Not trolling in the slightest. Since PH was sacked we've had many posters on here telling us they knew from the 1st game at Stirling that our team/signings/formation were rubbish. I'm not saying they were wrong.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Not trolling in the slightest. Since PH was sacked we've had many posters on here telling us they knew from the 1st game at Stirling that our team/signings/formation were rubbish. I'm not saying they were wrong.
    Even though he’s lost his job and we had t won in the months until today?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    While today was a good result, there needs to be more use of substitutions.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Left by mutual consent!
    It is trolling. You’re looking to gauge a negative reaction to your post about the football forum as a whole when everyone seems to be delighted by today’s result. You backed a kipper in Hecky, today proves it completely perhaps time to build a bridge.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Hibs played very well today,thought Kamberi was a stand out.

Blog Entries
    It is trolling. You’re looking to gauge a negative reaction to your post about the football forum as a whole when everyone seems to be delighted by today’s result. You backed a kipper in Hecky, today proves it completely perhaps time to build a bridge.
    I was never convinced by PH & I said it on many occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    While today was a good result, there needs to be more use of substitutions.
    What did u want to see?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    wtf was that hendry tackle on porteous all about

and get scott allan to sign a further 2 years extension, i know a player when i see one :)
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 09-11-2019 at 06:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Thoroughly enjoyed that today. Stand out were Kamberi and Doidge. Kamberi midway through the 2nd half ran down three defender right across their back line which force them to punt and we got possession back. Thats the kind of hard work and attitude we need from him every game. Doidge could have had 5 today, some great finishing.Back 4 never troubled, in fact the full backs were almost playing wingbacks for most of the game.Maxwell is growing in confidence with each game. Porto is just great and gonna be a superstar, he need to learn to not make the simple mistakes, they are the ones that usually cost us. Hanlon was never troubled. The midfield diamond worked well, especially with the full backs pushing up, letting the diamond narrow. Hallberg coasted it, Newel had a good game, not having to push himself out wide he showed glimpses of being a good footballer, totally different to how he has been playing. Slivka was solid and competent, rarely missed a pass but maybe, as he is know to, forgetting that players will close him down, so wasted a few balls that way but nothing crucial. Allan, not his best game, but having him on the pitch for 90 minutes means you a always a second away from a bit of brilliance that will change the game. His goal was excellent, moved past a few players, looked for options, found none and shoots and scores, on in one flowing run with the ball. He can go missing in games for periods but I stick to my opinion above, he has to be on the pitch for the whole match. Even Dallas' shocking lack of cards for the assaults on Porto and Hallberg? didn't upset me today. Big grin on my face all the way back to Edinburgh.

It's great having our team back.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member
    Come on the Hibees!

Much better today from the Cabbage.
    More of the same please.

@hibs.net private member
    Really pleased to see significant improvement in Newall as well.

Just watched it back

MOM - Kamberi

Doidge - intelligent run for his 2nd, and a soaring accurate header for his 3rd

Allan - another goal from a driving run

The foul by Hendry on Porteous at the start of the 2nd half was reckless.
    Took his standing left leg when it was planted.
    That's how you put players out for the season.

Good attacking and balanced team selection from Eddie May.
    Other than the obvious, he chose Newell over Horgan as well as Allan over Mallan.
    Any more than 2 of those guys in the team at any one time and you have a problem.
    Don't think anyone on here posted Newell in their team for today.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 09-11-2019 at 07:33 PM.

@hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Get yer money on St Johnstone.
    Hope you didn't lose too much 🤫

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by H18S NX View Post
    Hibs played very well today,thought Kamberi was a stand out.
    Outstanding. Naismith has a fine game too.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Just in from a brilliant day oot in Perth. It was a mixed supporters bus today, some saintees and some Hibees and we all got on famously. Great hospitality organised for us, both pre match and post match, this is exactly what a day out at the football should be like. And oh aye, what a brilliant team performance today, each player seemed to know exactly what their roles were and they all worked like Trojans throughout. Now we'll have to return the hospitality when they come to ER in 2020 but that will be no hardship!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Anyone else think Newell played his best game for us today.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Just in from a brilliant day oot in Perth. It was a mixed supporters bus today, some saintees and some Hibees and we all got on famously. Great hospitality organised for us, both pre match and post match, this is exactly what a day out at the football should be like. And oh aye, what a brilliant team performance today, each player seemed to know exactly what their roles were and they all worked like Trojans throughout. Now we'll have to return the hospitality when they come to ER in 2020 but that will be no hardship!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Yip. He fitted in very well to the overall team performance and merited his place.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    I was impressed that we were still pressing St. J high up the pitch in the 90th minute.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Agree with the many posts saying we played very well and naming a few players in particular, Kamberi, Newell etc. I think they all played well and what we seen today was a group of players applying themselves properly, good movement on the ball and off the ball, good sensible passing and more.......

Sorry Paul but this was a performance that they never gave you and it seemed to me today and to others around us that these players must have played the way they did in the last 6-8 weeks in a way that could only result in you losing your job!!

I get the selection was good from EM, formation likewise but the input from the players was so much more than anything previously, it is very true that a manager is only as good as what his players give him.

Great to watch a Hibs team going for it at every opportunity today and just maybe, we might have a decent season after all.

If any of you players are reading the forum well done let’s have more of this.

Unfortunately PH and RS never got this from the players this season at all and they must be wondering why!!

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    Agree with the many posts saying we played very well and naming a few players in particular, Kamberi, Newell etc. I think they all played well and what we seen today was a group of players applying themselves properly, good movement on the ball and off the ball, good sensible passing and more.......

Sorry Paul but this was a performance that they never gave you and it seemed to me today and to others around us that these players must have played the way they did in the last 6-8 weeks in a way that could only result in you losing your job!!

I get the selection was good from EM, formation likewise but the input from the players was so much more than anything previously, it is very true that a manager is only as good as what his players give him.

Great to watch a Hibs team going for it at every opportunity today and just maybe, we might have a decent season after all.

If any of you players are reading the forum well done let’s have more of this.

Unfortunately PH and RS never got this from the players this season at all and they must be wondering why!!
    I honestly think Heckingbottom's tactics were very negative and stifled the players, it was shown on a good few occasions when they went ahead in a game they seemed to close ranks and drop deep to hold onto the lead instead of just going for it by attacking more. May has realised this and allowed the players the freedom to express themselves with a more fluid attacking formation and style, maybe there isn't too man bad players in the squad and they just needed the freedom to play the game properly, Heckingbottom's career stats are littered with draws and losses with not enough wins, he's a negative manager.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Potty78 View Post
    What did u want to see?
    Substitutes used when they can have an impact. Today we have one at 82 minutes and 2 more at 91 minutes. Why bother with the latter 2 when the game is won?
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Substitutes used when they can have an impact. Today we have one at 82 minutes and 2 more at 91 minutes. Why bother with the latter 2 when the game is won?

quite baffling i'm convinced the only reason is to make sure they got their appearance bonus

could be wrong right enough

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Wasting time?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    I thought he was decent against st Mirren and done well at Hamilton, today he showed a bit of dig aswell hope he gets a fair crack at the whip and those who seem to have written him off give him a chance under a new manager

Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    Harry Kewell is here.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    Uncle Albert's odds slashed to 2/1.

Really ? After a 4-1 win you’re moaning about the time the subs were made ?

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Jeff Stelling announced on SSN that a group of guys in Beverley had collected £1600 and were going to head to wherever the team that scores the first goal in the 1500 games comes from, step forward Hibs!
    Wonder if they headed up

Left by mutual consent!
    Hibs Net didn't think it was too early to judge! 😊
    Blatant trolling is against the rules.
    I doubt he's trolling, there have been a few "told you so" posts over the last week from posters bragging about how they knew in pre-season that his signings weren't good enough.