hibs.net Messageboard

Page 146 of 436 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,380 of 13062
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or even partnering Nisbet, Doidge isn't guaranteed to be 1st pick as it should be.

1 international game and he was brutal doesn't make him an internationalist, far from it. Winning a Scotland cap isn't as big a deal as it used to be, wee Lewis has got one and I wouldn't call him an internationalist.
    Doidge is guaranteed to start the season with the jersey. He’s earned that. Unless he’s done something daft like came back really unfit after lockdown. Which he won’t have.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Does anyone else think we should sign another left back before we sign any more front players?

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Tell me about his professionalism
    Both times he joined us he was overweight, clearly doesn't look after himself. Also stamping on someones back in a massive derby at home in front of a sell out crowd at 0 0 is just about the most unprofessional thing you can do, he wont be back here.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Or even partnering Nisbet, Doidge isn't guaranteed to be 1st pick as it should be.

1 international game and he was brutal doesn't make him an internationalist, far from it. Winning a Scotland cap isn't as big a deal as it used to be, wee Lewis has got one and I wouldn't call him an internationalist.
    Yes mcnulty played for 5 minutes and managed to miss an open goal. Not quite something to brag about.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Green View Post
    Does anyone else think we should sign another left back before we sign any more front players?
    I don’t think the order we do it is that important, to be honest.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Has it been 114 days since lockdown? (Near enough.)
    What's kept you Kamberi?
    St Gallen to deliver..........please.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Based on his footballing ability and professionalism. He is poor I'd much rather gullan gets his chance.
    He was unfit and what about his professionalism? He’s done fantastically well in his career to get where he is now.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I really like his movement, his ability to play on the shoulder of the last defender and to time a run. This is something that we have lacked at times.

His signing, and that of Omeonga, really turned around the season before last.

Whilst it didn't come off as often as we might want you could see that Scott Allan was trying to pick him out last season, he was trying to pull defenders around and link up with Scott as much as possible.

He was overweight, out of shape and unfit, but a fitter McNulty could definitely be an asset.

I think we have that position covered for now but I wouldn't rule out a move for him in future.
    Yeah you’ve pretty much nailed it. 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Green View Post
    Left back and a centre half, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Left back and a centre half, yes.
    I was to see Josh given a chance in these bounce games.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    I'd like to see us replace Kamberi with someone other than Shanley.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I was to see Josh given a chance in these bounce games.
    Good call in fact mate.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Yes mcnulty played for 5 minutes and managed to miss an open goal. Not quite something to brag about.
    He came on in the first half so hardly 5 mins yes he missed a chance he should have scored but did ok.

Norwich supposedly interested in Kamberi

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    like to see McNulty back
    No for me. KN puts paid to that. Wouldn’t fancy him back anyway

If Mcgregor or Porteous stamped on a hearts player they would be hailed heroes by some. Mcnulty was a good signing for us and could still be. He has missed a lot of football since leaving Coventry. A good pre season and regular playing time would do him the world of good to get him back scoring goals again. That might not be with us but will go on and score goals again if given regular games at the right club.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    Boys been a canary since he was a kid, can't wait to play for his boyhood heroes from norfolk

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmy1875 View Post
    If Mcgregor or Porteous stamped on a hearts player they would be hailed heroes by some. Mcnulty was a good signing for us and could still be. He has missed a lot of football since leaving Coventry. A good pre season and regular playing time would do him the world of good to get him back scoring goals again. That might not be with us but will go on and score goals again if given regular games at the right club.
    The problem is we'd have to pay stupid money for him and he simply isn't worth it.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmy1875 View Post
    Aye like others have said I’m not sure he’d be worth the risk when we’d be paying his full wage.

If he’d shown more on loan especially 2nd time around I would’ve been more keen but always thought he looked a bit unfit.

I have no qualms going with Doidge, Nisbet & Gullan under the circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    Where are ya ? Lets be avin ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Inconsequential View Post
    May be very complicated trying to offer him a new contract in the present circumstances. Usually you would expect the new contract to be improved from the player's current one but are the club not trying to re-negotiate on current deals i.e. reduce terms? Bit of a dilemma no?

Possibly by a re-signing on lump sum payment as the incentive or increased share of future transfer fee? Sure there are ways and means.

Norwich after Kamberi? 😂😂😂

Oh sorry I mean, I would be gutted if we lost him. Great player, fantastic attitude and scores lots of goals. Would need a big fee to even contemplate allowing a player of his ability to leave

In all seriousness if the rumours are true that Norwich, Middlesbrough, Hull and St Gallen are all after him we should be getting way more than 150-250k that was rumoured.

There can't be anything in the Norwich connection.

At least I hope there's not as I don't want that snake staying anywhere near me.

I think the paper has just thrown a random club or two in there, there's nothing to stop them really. Maybe his agent is trying to create false interest.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    If there’s any truth to Norwich wanting him, his agent must be absolutely top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    If there’s any truth to Norwich wanting him, his agent must be absolutely top notch.
    Was reported in one newspaper when they reported the Swiss link, every newspaper has picked up on that since

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post

At least I hope there's not as I don't want that snake staying anywhere near me.

I think the paper has just thrown a random club or two in there, there's nothing to stop them really. Maybe his agent is trying to create false interest.
    I heard that he had enquired about the flat next door to you and as a duty to your beloved Hibs, you should make sure he feels very welcome

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post

Was looking forward to maybe getting a chance to get a ticket to get back to Naaarj next season, a chance to support the Canaries and booh Kamberi would be different

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 15-07-2020 at 02:38 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_ View Post
    I heard that he had enquired about the flat next door to you and as a duty to your beloved Hibs, you should make sure he feels very welcome
    That's plenty from you, I don't want nightmares!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Was looking forward to maybe getting a chance to get a ticket to get back to Naaarj next season, a chance to support the Canaries and booh the Kamberi would be different

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Different indeed! I'd love to call that petty, but I used to give Lafferty a few boos when he was playing for the Naaarj U23s, so I can't blame you. Steven Whittaker always received god-like treatment though.

Chris Erskine signs for East Kilbride. Bit of an odd one that. A few seasons ago I hoped Hibs would make a move. Now in the Lowland league.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Chris Erskine signs for East Kilbride. Bit of an odd one that. A few seasons ago I hoped Hibs would make a move. Now in the Lowland league.
    Some team they are putting together btw