hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Not directly related but I see Ben Jacobs has been removed from our long list of staff in the club directory, with Adam head of comms.
    Ben didn't last long, did he?
    Or is this old news?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The change was a proper recruitment strategy for the first time in my lifetime enacted under George Craig and continued by Mathie. Showing steady progress year on year is exactly what I want to see from Hibs. I honestly don't care, and actually quite like it if we research and sign players like JDH who was classed by some as underwhelming in the summer. Some signings have been better than others but we haven't been sucked into the scattergun approach most famously enacted by our noisy neighbours in recent years .
    Yes, and that's been good enough to get us by. There's been peaks and troughs with it, and for the most part we've probably middled for a club of our stature in Scotland.

Absolutely no ill wishes to those who put us on steady footing, but the idea that we should stick to that system and not aim higher is bonkers.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post
    Fine enough, but there won't ever be wild celebrations for doing so and the manager and players won't go down in history for it.

Each time we've finished 3rd it's been closely followed by huge decline, supporter disengagement, managerial change and attendances falling. Not good enough.

Maybe good enough for teams like Killie and Motherwell but we are and should be a different kettle of fish.
    The main cause of which was selling the players who got us to that position in the close season. That has been a marked change in strategy for all to see, last season we finished 3rd and immediately secured the best players that achieved that to longer deals.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post
    Yes, and that's been good enough to get us by. There's been peaks and troughs with it, and for the most part we've probably middled for a club of our stature in Scotland.

Absolutely no ill wishes to those who put us on steady footing, but the idea that we should stick to that system and not aim higher is bonkers.
    I believe in getting better slowly with solid foundations...small improvements built on small improvements every year will be massive over a 10yr basis. The poster child for this being Brentford off course 🙂

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Not directly related but I see Ben Jacobs has been removed from our long list of staff in the club directory, with Adam head of comms.
    Ben didn't last long, did he?
    Or is this old news?
    I thought Ben Jacobs was always just a stop gap until we got a permanent member of staff on board? Might be remembering wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I thought Ben Jacobs was always just a stop gap until we got a permanent member of staff on board? Might be remembering wrong though.
    Correct. He's a contractor

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    No he was a permanent appt, no idea why it didn’t work out for him

There was an interim for a short time, before he came on board

By the sounds of the latest announcement, the comms team are now in place and have a well thought out strategy for what they want to do.

Also sounds like they have researched and have data to back up their decisions.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckys Wheel View Post
    By the sounds of the latest announcement, the comms team are now in place and have a well thought out strategy for what they want to do.

Also sounds like they have researched and have data to back up their decisions.
    I wonder what peoples views will be of the match programme being stopped …it was great to mark the history of games ..even if the content was mixed quality …will be sadly missed by me …

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I wonder what peoples views will be of the match programme being stopped …it was great to mark the history of games ..even if the content was mixed quality …will be sadly missed by me …

Agree, think it’s a big shame. They are documents of historical record.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m a little disappointed the Croatian fella has left his role I thought that sounded like a shrewd move by us unfortunate it didn’t work out

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    I’m a little disappointed the Croatian fella has left his role I thought that sounded like a shrewd move by us unfortunate it didn’t work out
    Yeah same here. Thought it was an ambitious tie up. Shame.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Agree.

Bit of a strange wee episode to be honest.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I wonder if some of Graeme Mathie's projects might be getting shut down and this guy was one of them. I've a feeling that some of the tie-ins with various clubs might go the same way.

I could be well off the mark, but I got the impression that some of the stuff looked like somebody justifying their position.

Based on nothing but my gut feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I wonder if some of Graeme Mathie's projects might be getting shut down and this guy was one of them. I've a feeling that some of the tie-ins with various clubs might go the same way.

I could be well off the mark, but I got the impression that some of the stuff looked like somebody justifying their position.

You’d have to look at them all in isolation
    Stenhousemuir, we had a number of players on loan at them last season. Jack Brydon was the standout, and been in a few 1st team squads this season

Brighton, I’m not sure where the benefits were going go to be, but English Premier league clubs spend a fortune on training grounds and youth development, maybe GM was looking at this more like HTC staff get to share best practices with them, latest equipment et

CSS strollers was to be a pathway for young players, but we haven’t allowed any of our highly rated under 18 team go out on loan this season. Jayden Fairley who’s too old for the under 18’s has joined CCS until January

The most bizarre and nothing to do with GM, is the Charleston Battery tie up. Logically there’s no reason for a link to this club, hope it hasn’t cost us too much

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

I hope not, our partnership with Chelsea has been mutually beneficial for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Stenhousemuir, we had a number of players on loan at them last season. Jack Brydon was the standout, and been in a few 1st team squads this season

Brighton, I’m not sure where the benefits were going go to be, but English Premier league clubs spend a fortune on training grounds and youth development, maybe GM was looking at this more like HTC staff get to share best practices with them, latest equipment et

CSS strollers was to be a pathway for young players, but we haven’t allowed any of our highly rated under 18 team go out on loan this season. Jayden Fairley who’s too old for the under 18’s has joined CCS until January

The most bizarre and nothing to do with GM, is the Charleston Battery tie up. Logically there’s no reason for a link to this club, hope it hasn’t cost us too much
    The Charleston linkup I'd agree is the strangest one.

Are they not in the second tier of American football? If they are then you'd have to imagine the odds of any of their players getting a visa here are tiny.

Is Eddie May still at the club?

I haven't heard his name mentioned for what feels like years but I don't recall any announcement that he had left either.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I haven't heard his name mentioned for what feels like years but I don't recall any announcement that he had left either.
    Eddie’s still at Hibs thankfully. Club directory has him down as Lead Coach Emerging Talent. Think someone on this thread said he was moving into a more general scouting role

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

"Lead Coach Emerging Talent" apparently.

Interesting that James McDonaugh isn't listed anywhere.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/our-club/club-directory

"Lead Coach Emerging Talent" apparently.

Interesting that James McDonaugh isn't listed anywhere.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/our-club/club-directory
    He’s not in a senior position to be on it

He’s not in a senior position to be on it
    What's he doing (I can't remember what was said when he came back)?

What's he doing (I can't remember what was said when he came back)?
    He’s a coach, not sure what age group

working with the under 16,s for definite perhaps with other age groups as well but unsure on this part.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    The Charleston linkup I'd agree is the strangest one.

Are they not in the second tier of American football? If they are then you'd have to imagine the odds of any of their players getting a visa here are tiny.
    I read an article I think it was maybe Forbes, where pre hibs Ron Gordon was looking to invest in a club in that league and ended up in a sort of cahoots with the new buyer of Charleston, introductions where made with his son Iain and then Ron bought us and we teamed up with them, so I’d be very surprised to see us end that so soon

Edit Forbes article https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaellore/2020/12/21/player-development-is-top-priority-in-usl-scottish-premiership-club-partnerships/amp/
    Last edited by Dmas; 13-10-2021 at 07:31 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Any idea if he is in the frame for this head of academy position Billy? Seems weird to leave Edin City DOF for a job coaching our U16s

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

Proper young team thug! He better have the right trainers.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Proper young team thug! He better have the right trainers.
    No point spending wads on trainers.

He's getting booted out at the end of December.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    No point spending wads on trainers.

He's getting booted out at the end of December.
    CCS? You missing this big fellah?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    CCS? You missing this big fellah?
    I was joining in.

In hindsight, I should have said kicked tae **** instead of just booted.