hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Boli Bolingoli

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53749398

Just for info, how another sport is handling it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53749398

Just for info, how another sport is handling it.
    I just don’t agree that rival teams that happen to be up next for these teams would get points and goals awarded.

Getting 3 points at Celtic or Pittodrie and 3 goals for example would put those teams at an advantage that their rivals would have to be very lucky to achieve.

Games should be played with players who can play and individuals punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I just don’t agree that rival teams that happen to be up next for these teams would get points and goals awarded.

Getting 3 points at Celtic or Pittodrie and 3 goals for example would put those teams at an advantage that their rivals would have to be very lucky to achieve.

Games should be played with players who can play and individuals punished.
    I pretty much agree with you.
    I do think point deductions is a different argument for those who are negligent to the point a game is cancelled due to actions a club could have mitigated.

Aberdeen situation, I am still to be convinced that the club were totally unaware that 8 players were off on a night out. Whether that was a meal or pubbing it I can't believe that there wasn't some form of chat going on about a night out, changing rooms just don't work like that imo.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    I pretty much agree with you.
    I do think point deductions is a different argument for those who are negligent to the point a game is cancelled due to actions a club could have mitigated.

Aberdeen situation, I am still to be convinced that the club were totally unaware that 8 players were off on a night out. Whether that was a meal or pubbing it I can't believe that there wasn't some form of chat going on about a night out, changing rooms just don't work like that imo.
    The manager isn’t always there to overhear the plans though, especially after a game. Jack Ross mentioned in an interview recently that there’s usually nobody left in the changing room by the time he’s finished his media duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    Aw man - GTF with the shan political patter and take it to some message board site for gammons instead.
    Your at the ham

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Your at the ham
    I'm not, I'm at work so I can bring home the bacon.......

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    The manager isn’t always there to overhear the plans though, especially after a game. Jack Ross mentioned in an interview recently that there’s usually nobody left in the changing room by the time he’s finished his media duties.
    I appreciate that and not saying he heard it first hand but things like that night out would represent a split changing room if it hadn't at least had a little discussion. I do understand changing room at this time is not the same dynamic as normal.
    I'm just not convinced there wasn't a bit of knowledge that this night out was happening. Not saying it was given approval

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    How many times do you have to be told, Aberdeen were stopped from playing St Johnstone last weekend because the risk of transferring the virus into the perth area was considered more important than playing a football match.

Why not make them play the game without those 8 players in the squad though?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    That’s exactly what should happen in my opinion
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    That's what I'd like the SPFL to rule for the rescheduled game.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    That’s exactly what should happen in my opinion
    100% agree. Aberdeen are getting away with it, as the games quite correctly have been postponed
    Remember the old suspension rules, you got a fixed term, eg 14 day ban. Quite often the games were postponed due to bad weather, and the players didn’t miss a game
    This is exactly what’s happening with the bad 8

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    What do you think the questions sprang out of nowhere? It is based on gossip from various Hibs fans posting on social media. Wanted to refute the gossip but not before I some backup. The Horgan colour was helpful.

It seemed strange to ask some random questions with no context, as in rumours heard or whatever.

Just to clarify...

Do you mean the match should go ahead as scheduled, or at a later date (either way without the eight players)?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Just to clarify...

Do you mean the match should go ahead as scheduled, or at a later date (either way without the eight players)?

It should have gone ahead as scheduled imo.

Team deducted 3 points per game. Game played at later date with players allowed to play. That way other teams I.e. us, aren't disadvantaged that some teams get to play against a very week Aberdeen side. Why should st Johnston get 3 points or play a weakend side and gain an advantage. Nobody should gain advantage but offenders should be punished

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    I'm not, I'm at work so I can bring home the bacon.......
    Methinks you could be an under cover Jambon mon amie

You can’t punish clubs for these actions. If the club is not taking the appropriate measures then punish them but where individuals have done wrong then they should be fined and suspended for a number of games.

Also these players should not be available for the rearranged fixture(s)

So just to clarify - we lose 3-4 players to injury and suspension before a big game - we send the players on a covidiot trip of some sort and get the game put back a few weeks once we've got our players back?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    It should have gone ahead as scheduled imo.
    Again, the Scottish government made it clear that, no matter how small the risk, they do not want to see the possibility of Aberdeen taking the virus to Perth.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Has to be sacked ( if not already ). A message to others and the powers that be , that this is being taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    All depends on how you view it, for me footballers are no different from anyone else, and they will make mistakes or do daft things like the rest of us.

Of course Bolingoli is a complete idiot, he deserves to be punished severely from his club. Yet in England if someone like Archer the cricketer, who did similar to the Aberdeen players, he was stopped from playing and the game took place.

Aberdeen should have played their game without the players who might have been compromised, and i mean everyone who might have been compromised.

If it meant they had to go with youth players, then that's just hard luck, and the same thing applies to Celtic.

Football is one of the safest bubbles around at the moment, and again an easy target in my opinion.
    Aberdeens game against St Johnstone wasnt postponed because of the actions of the Aberdeen 8 nor was tonight's game v Hamilton postponed due to any action of the daft players.

Currently there is a 5 mile travel restriction around Aberdeen and both games were postponed because of the pandemic cluster in the region and the danger of it spreading out with the region.

Given the lockdown has now been extended this raises the possibility that our game at the end of the month has an outside chance of being canceled as well unless new cases begins to fall and the lockdown gets lifted.
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 12-08-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Again, the Scottish government made it clear that, no matter how small the risk, they do not want to see the possibility of Aberdeen taking the virus to Perth.

Ludicrous position. Decisions need to be made on a balance of risk, otherwise nothing at all will happen. If the 8 players are self isolating, the risk is surely very very small.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Ludicrous position. Decisions need to be made on a balance of risk, otherwise nothing at all will happen. If the 8 players are self isolating, the risk is surely very very small.
    Did they not go to training, the morning after the night out?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Did they not go to training, the morning after the night out?

That I do not know. If so, then it does cause an additional issue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Aberdeens game against St Johnstone wasnt postponed because of the actions of the Aberdeen 8 nor was tonight's game v Hamilton postponed due to any action of the daft players.

Currently there is a 5 mile travel restriction around Aberdeen and both games were postponed because of the pandemic cluster in the region and the danger of it spreading out with the region.

Given the lockdown has now been extended this raises the possibility that our game at the end of the month has an outside chance of being canceled as well unless new cases begins to fall and the lockdown gets lifted.
    That's not correct, the games were both postponed as a result of the incident with the Aberdeen players, the 5 mile limit on travel does not apply if you're travelling for work which the football players obviously would be.

Lockdown was announced for Aberdeen on 5th August, their match v St Johnstone wasn't postponed until 7th August and the Hamilton game postponed yesterday.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    That I do not know. If so, then it does cause an additional issue.
    They did, which is why they weren't drinking much.
    It was only through the routine testing at training that the diagnoses became known.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    That's not correct, the games were both postponed as a result of the incident with the Aberdeen players, the 5 mile limit on travel does not apply if you're travelling for work which the football players obviously would be.

Lockdown was announced for Aberdeen on 5th August, their match v St Johnstone wasn't postponed until 7th August and the Hamilton game postponed yesterday.
    We will have to agree to disagree then as the National Clinical Director Jason Leitch oulined the reasons at one of the mornings press conference.

The Hamilton postponement was a huge shock to Aberdeen and came out of the blue because as of Monday the game was on but then was swamped by the Boli news that night.

As late as Tuesday the SPFL saw no danger to the Hamilton game.

The SPFL were going to put proper punishments in place for future breaches which might bring some fairness to the situation as Aberdeen
    are clearly benefitting by having all 8 players eligible for the rearranged fixtures.
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 12-08-2020 at 05:33 PM.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Has to be sacked ( if not already ). A message to others and the powers that be , that this is being taken seriously.

what punishment would you like if he was our player that we had paid £3m for

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    We will have to agree to disagree then as the National Clinical Director Jason Leitch oulined the reasons at one of the mornings press conference.

The Hamilton postponement was a huge shock to Aberdeen and came out of the blue because as of Monday the game was on but then was swamped by the Boli news.

The SPFL were going to put proper punishments in place for future breaches which might bring some fairness to the situation as Aberdeen
    are clearly benefitting by having all 8 players eligible for the rearranged fixtures.
    What was it that he said?

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    what punishment would you like if he was our player that we had paid £3m for
    I would look in to whether breach of contract and damages possible, similar to Mutu/Chelsea case.

The big flaw of course is that while Mutu has failed to get the damages reverse in any court all the up to the European Court of Human Rights he doesnt appear to have paid anything to Chelsea.