hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Please please be some kind of forward thinking back up plan. Good luck to the stroller.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The way we are atm there’s a good chance he’ll still be our POTY come May.
    I don’t care what happens in the second half of the season, he’s getting my vote. Absolute shegger.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not going to join the love in as he's bolted at the first opportunity he could mid season right after a derby defeat as well. Don't wish him ill but not interested in him any longer.

Let's hope Lenny can bring in some decent players in the transfer window.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

We were lucky to get him in his prime and he took a big drop in wages to come here . This is his last shot at a big payday and he's right to take it . All the best big man , best goal celebration iv seen at ER

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Big loss. Great player who was consistent and never injured. Good luck to him.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    Not going to join the love in as he's bolted at the first opportunity he could mid season right after a derby defeat as well. Don't wish him ill but not interested in him any longer.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

That's kind of where I am as well.

He's undoubtedly a good player, and I've loved watching him, but to leave just now is great for him... but not so much for us.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Genuinely gutted with this news. I am happy I had the pleasure of watching Efe in a Hibs shirt. I wish him all the best for the rest of his career, hope he finds a good club to shine at. Should be an interesting window, but given how good Efe was for us I cannot see us signing another defender of his quality, not unless we have found a generous billionaire in the last couple of days.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Mon the Cabbage!!!
    Hibs should have paid him what he was worth and we wouldn’t have had to put such a clause in his contract.

@hibs.net private member
    So sorry to see him go he has been good for us but also we have been good for him and he could/should have seen out the season no?

Quote Originally Posted by mentalhibee View Post
    Hibs should have paid him what he was worth and we wouldn’t have had to put such a clause in his contract.
    Tbf if the rumours of Cardiff being interested are true he's probably 'worth' £20K+ a week. We can't compete with that.

We've had 2 years, 18 month of ownership, from a guy who has probably taken a significant wage drop to come to us even at the top end of our scale.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    That's kind of where I am as well.

He's undoubtedly a good player, and I've loved watching him, but to leave just now is great for him... but not so much for us.

Massive loss to the club and I can only hope that there's a quality replacement lined up as they're big shoes to fill.

Big loss but good luck to him, always tried his best and provides great entertainment at times. huge now for porteous to step up. I would think this will free up quite a bit in wages as I am assuming he was our highest earner or certainly one of the highest

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    https://i.makeagif.com/save/US6RXp

Don’t know how to attach it so here’s a link. Enjoy 😎

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

Could watch that all day

Brilliant. Only gone and lost our technically best footballer. Now we have to bring in another centre-back, 2 midfielders and at least 1 striker. What do I expect Hibs to bring in? Another 3 Emerson Hyndman’s. Great if Gauld signs but we still have a lot of rebuilding to do.

@hibs.net private member
    Brilliant defender for Hibs and played without fear. On his day (and there were many, many of these occasions) he was a class above our opponents. Hope we can find someone of similar class but with Paul, Darren and Ryan in central defence I'd prefer us to put everything into getting a central midfielder who is a standout.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Gutted, great player and loved watching him in a Hibs shirt.

For all of you acting like jilted lovers... he is likely to sign a contract worth many multiples of his deal with Hibs. In fact his contract at Hibs will have been much, much lower than the one he had at Celtc.

Circumstances meant we enjoyed a great player for two seasons. Better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all...
    Last edited by jacomo; 04-01-2019 at 12:51 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

For all of you acting like jilted lovers... he is likely to sign a contract worth many multiples of his deal with Hibs. In fact his contract at Hibs will have been much, much lower than the one he had at Celtc.

Circumstances meant we enjoyed a great player for two seasons. Better to have lived and lost, than never loved at all...

@hibs.net private member
    I'm also in the camp of thanks Efe, but a bit annoyed at the timing and the way in which he has gone.

He left Celtic with a reasonably terrible reputation for making mistakes and under Lennon at Hibs he has shown many of those critics just how good he is.

He was always here for the short term to help him get his citizenship, but to leave on a free is a right gut punch IMHO.

Good luck to him, I hope he gets the move he wants and deserves...

What a blow this is …. He still had the odd mistake in him, but what an exciting player to watch he was for a centre half. You cant blame him for looking for the big bucks at this stage of his career and for the folk saying he should have stayed, bollox, we were lucky to have him for as long as we did.

Say he is on 3 grand a week at Hibs, 4 with bonuses maybe and he is offered 20K a week elsewhere tomorrow… between now and the start of July he would be giving up around £400,000 just to show his 'gratitude' to Hibs ….. deh think sae.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    I'm also in the camp of thanks Efe, but a bit annoyed at the timing and the way in which he has gone.

He left Celtic with a reasonably terrible reputation for making mistakes and under Lennon at Hibs he has shown many of those critics just how good he is.

He was always here for the short term to help him get his citizenship, but to leave on a free is a right gut punch IMHO.

Good luck to him, I hope he gets the move he wants and deserves...
    Ultimately both him and the club agreed this deal so I don't think it's fair to blamed him. If we weren't happy then we shouldn't have included it in the agreement.

Given its probably his last big contract and the wages he'll get elsewhere I find it hard to be too critical.

He's not a Hibs fan, he's a professional and on the balance of things we were lucky to have him. Even when he joined a lot of the chat was him only staying for 6-12 months.
    Last edited by neil7908; 04-01-2019 at 12:34 PM.

This will be the first time a player has won player of the year after half a season. Good luck EA.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Circumstances meant we enjoyed a great player for two seasons. Better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all...
    Pathetic.

Just care about the future of our club and players who bolt mid season just after a derby loss are no great loss to me. No 'jilted lover' here. He only really showed what he was all about more towards the end of his contract when he was in the shop window in my opinion.

Move on, he's gone. Let's look to the future of signing decent players who actually want to be at Hibernian.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

Just watched that about 20 times.

Sums up his play the vast majority of his time at Hibs, a couple of class touches then finds feet. Gutted he's away

If, according to the website the club had offered him an improved contract (to one of our already highest paid players) then let's hope there's significant monies to bring in Allan, Gauld, and another starting player up front.

I take it somebody's staying at home to pursue deals while we're in Dubai?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mentalhibee View Post
    See below.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Tbf if the rumours of Cardiff being interested are true he's probably 'worth' £20K+ a week. We can't compete with that.

We've had 2 years, 18 month of ownership, from a guy who has probably taken a significant wage drop to come to us even at the top end of our scale.

Pathetic.

Just care about the future of our club and players who bolt mid season just after a derby loss are no great loss to me. No 'jilted lover' here. He only really showed what he was all about more towards the end of his contract when he was in the shop window in my opinion.

Move on, he's gone. Let's look to the future of signing decent players who actually want to be at Hibernian.

Mon the Cabbage!!!
    Can't agree with this. Efe has been consistently good since he joined us, maybe the lack of quality around him has brought his own skills into greater focus, but he's always shown us what he's about.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Efe View Post
    The good news just keeps coming
    Don't worry, we'll get a few journeymen in on the last day of the transfer window who may play odd game for us, before leaving in the Summer. Sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Don't worry, we'll get a few journeymen in on the last day of the transfer window who may play odd game for us, before leaving in the Summer. Sorted!
    When was the last time we replaced a core playing with someone like this?