hibs.net Messageboard

Page 140 of 302 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,200 of 9037
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did Martin Geissler start squealing at him?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Dave Cormack just said on The Nine that while Aberdeen were pro the 2 year temp deal, the 5 year one proposed today held no interest for them.
    This time next week we will be discussing a 3 year plan.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    He also made the point that we are into June and football starts in 2 months so this uncertainty is unhelpful.

I suspect Budges plans are out of time.

Did Martin Geissler start squealing at him?
    😂😂😂

It was the same high pitch as Alan Preston on Saturday Sportsound.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Dave Cormack just said on The Nine that while Aberdeen were pro the 2 year temp deal, the 5 year one proposed today held no interest for them.
    The other thing he said was that we're 8 weeks away from the start of a new season, and was inferring talk of reconstruction is timing out.

Interesting comments. Sounds from what he said that any agreement is unlikely.

On reflection, more likely that ND is just going through the motions or it is a last ditch attempt.

Left by mutual consent!
    Why does everyone in Scotland (barring Hibernian) seem to want to save that jobby little maroon outfit? Dance Hall dick heads. Club with pathetic history. Wish they'd just go away down their wate pipe with the rest of their jobbies. I have no idea why anyone would want to plough cash into an outfit (and bribe in their favour) and which bleeds cash and has cheated and fooled our game for decades.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

He also made the point that we are into June and football starts in 2 months so this uncertainty is unhelpful.

I suspect Budges plans are out of time.
    Speed is of the essence she said. Get reconstruction done in 3 weeks she said. 7 weeks later and it still isn't done. She's only got herself to blame if chairmen are now changing from 'yes' to 'no' as a result. Cormack was her biggest supporter too.

She wasted about 2 weeks coming up with that long winded "discussion document" that could have said the same thing using less than 10% of the word count. After it was kicked out by the Premiership 1st time around, one of the reconstruction panel, possibly Les Gray, said that they had a proposal about 95% completed. Instead of conflating reconstruction with the testing etc and trying to make it not about saving Hearts but about saving Scottish football, she could have just finished the final 5% within a couple of days.
    Last edited by 007; 03-06-2020 at 09:45 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    This has taken so many twists and turns that I can`t remember what I`ve read or not!

Have the clubs actually taken a vote on re-construction? I know it was thrown out when Queen Ann first suggested it but a vote wasn`t actually taken. Similarly, have the Board voted on reconstruction too or would they just rubber-stamp any vote the clubs decided on?

I would think that Neil Doncaster would want a vote to go ahead so that he could say he is just implimenting the clubs wishes, another nail in the Fartz legal case

Speed is of the essence she said. Get reconstruction done in 3 weeks she said. 7 weeks later and it still isn't done. She's only got herself to blame if chairmen are now changing from 'yes' to 'no' as a result. Cormack was her biggest supporter too.

She wasted about 2 weeks coming up with that long winded "discussion document" that could have said the same thing using less than 10% of the word count. After it was kicked out by the Premiership 1st time around, one of the reconstruction panel, possibly Les Gray, said that they had a proposal about 95% completed. Instead of conflating reconstruction with the testing etc and trying to make it not about saving Hearts but about saving Scottish football, she could have just finished the final 5% within a couple of days.
    Not like her

Quote Originally Posted by HIbs2 View Post
    Not like her
    Doctor Waffle.

Cormack coming out against it pretty much confirms it as a dead duck. If there were any uncertain chairmen considering changing from a 'no' to a 'yes', seeing Cormack now switching to 'no' will help them stick with their 'no'. He's also helped them with a reason why they're objecting.

@hibs.net private member
    Good to see that this thread is now gaining coverage on Brokeback lol

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    This has taken so many twists and turns that I can`t remember what I`ve read or not!

Have the clubs actually taken a vote on re-construction? I know it was thrown out when Queen Ann first suggested it but a vote wasn`t actually taken. Similarly, have the Board voted on reconstruction too or would they just rubber-stamp any vote the clubs decided on?

I would think that Neil Doncaster would want a vote to go ahead so that he could say he is just implimenting the clubs wishes, another nail in the Fartz legal case
    Clubs have to email by Friday whether they are for it or not and if they are not, how might their objections be overcome. It seems to be an informal vote because it doesn't seem to have been put to them as a firm proposal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52905133

@hibs.net private member
    Clubs have to email by Friday whether they are for it or not and if they are not, how might their objections be overcome. It seems to be an informal vote because it doesn't seem to have been put to them as a firm proposal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52905133
    So, if we have an "informal" no vote, does it still have to go to a proposal to get the definitive vote - this is absolutely nuts

Good to see that this thread is now gaining coverage on Brokeback lol
    Friday should be interesting when the voting results come out. Either our forum or their's will go into meltdown.

Doesn't matter what the clubs say on Friday it'll drag on until Hearts are saved. Looks like Doncaster wants to "overcome any obstacles" to make it happen

So, if we have an "informal" no vote, does it still have to go to a proposal to get the definitive vote - this is absolutely nuts
    I would think if it is no then it will depend on how many said no and what the responses are re how can the objections be overcome. If there are too many saying no and/or the objections are insurmountable then that should be the end of Premiership reconstruction talks. If it looks like any objections could be overcome then it might happen. Though overcoming one club's objection might create an objection for others.

My gut feeling is it won't happen, based on what Dave Cormack has said. He has been pretty firm on it being for 1 or 2 years and switched to backing Budge when her temporary proposal came out.

There must have been a reason to change it to 5 years, presumably trying to find a balance between temporary and permanent when no such balance really exists. It's either permanent or temporary, there isn't a middle ground (unless they made it 50 years and then it automatically switches back 😄).
    Last edited by 007; 03-06-2020 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Doesn't matter what the clubs say on Friday it'll drag on until Hearts are saved. Looks like Doncaster wants to "overcome any obstacles" to make it happen
    I don’t think it will drag on past Friday. The season is due to start in about 8 weeks, clubs need clarity to plan and prepare. Any reconstruction would need to be thoroughly costed, agreed and all the details surrounding how they exit a 14 team league worked out and agreed. The voting structure would also need to be agreed as well as all the other implications and then written into the rules. That’s not happening already let alone another few weeks down the line. It’s dead.

Its all just moving the cost of hearts relegation onto another club.
    This bribe is criminal.

Hibs and most other clubs should make a statement on Friday after the proposals are rejected asking for everyone to move on and focus on preparing for the restart of football. This has already gone on far too long and its really overdue thats its finally binned and clubs are able to concentrate on more pressing issues.

Isn’t the vote for the Prem pretty much irrelevant if indeed the leagues below intend to scupper it as has been reported anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Hibs and most other clubs should make a statement on Friday after the proposals are rejected asking for everyone to move on and focus on preparing for the restart of football. This has already gone on far too long and its really overdue thats its finally binned and clubs are able to concentrate on more pressing issues.
    By asking for the fixtures to be done it seems Celtic just want to move on. They might actually switch to 'no' for the same reason Abeddeen have. Wouldn't be surprised if they ask for them again at the weekend.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    And what happens if the team that gets relegated has a rich backer that wants to bribe the rest of the clubs if they get to stay up?

Have to go through this every time a club with money gets relegated?
    Hopefully not. You'd like to think most would accept that being the worst team in the league tends to get you relegated and just get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wat Dabney View Post
    Does it say anywhere that a 14 team premiere league must include Hearts? They are officially a Championship side now since they were officially relegated. If the relegation gets voided would that mean that Celtic wouldn't be champions too?????
    Yes her latest paper makes it clear that injustices must be righted and Hearts back in the top flight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Doctor Waffle.

Cormack coming out against it pretty much confirms it as a dead duck. If there were any uncertain chairmen considering changing from a 'no' to a 'yes', seeing Cormack now switching to 'no' will help them stick with their 'no'. He's also helped them with a reason why they're objecting.

Yup, Cormack has just been offered his get out clause and he’s taken it.

Cormack changes his mind every other week it seems. Not to be trusted.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    Cormack changes his mind every other week it seems. Not to be trusted.
    Yes but he has a sparkly white smile and "gives good interview" and hence gets a free ride from the BBC.

Not sure why I am surprised, but the first thing I would have asked him last night was "alright Dave thats smashing - whats the difference for Aberdeen FC between 2 and 5 years temporary reconstruction?" and "why the change of mind?"

Naturally they just moved on to some other low ball questions about how much he liked Jonny Hayes.............

Do you think some club chairman will think "Well Ann indirectly helped bring £2 million into the game so i feel obliged to help her and Hearts hence i will vote for reconstruction"???

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    Do you think some club chairman will think "Well Ann indirectly helped bring £2 million into the game so i feel obliged to help her and Hearts hence i will vote for reconstruction"???
    Probably no

But 2020 has been a ducked up year

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    No chance.

£50k and a little emotional blackmail are not going to change the minds of 6 prem teams who knocked this proposal back only a couple of weeks ago. Aberdeen have even stated they have changed their vote to no.

ND is just dotting the i's and crossing the t's here. It will be over tomorrow and we can move on.

If there are any clubs that are genuinely interested in re-rorganising the leagues 'for the good of Scottish Football', then why not make a statement that they are prepared to consider the proposal at a more appropriate time but that just now we need to work solely on getting the leagues restarted (fixtures in place, plans for fans returning, etc) as a top priority.

They can then regroup in January, or whenever Football has returned to some semblance of normality, and discuss it under less pressure... and for the long term benefit of Scottish Football as a whole.