hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Embarrassing "support" today

One of the most toxic atmospheres i can remember at Easter Road. Even worse than the dark days of Lennon. The players confidence looks shot with all the booing. Really really sad. Im sure a bit of real support would have got us over the line today. I'm off this for a while before the inevitable abuse us directed my way.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of the most toxic atmospheres i can remember at Easter Road. Even worse than the dark days of Lennon. The players confidence looks shot with all the booing. Really really sad. Im sure a bit of real support would have got us over the line today. I'm off this for a while before the inevitable abuse us directed my way.
    Whether the booing contributed to the result is impossible to say but there’s no way it helped.

Mabeys they have just about had enough eh, spending good money to be taken for granted and fed this crap each week.

I think some folk support SA more than Hibs. Not saying I agree with where he was played or the shape but booooing as you said is mental imo

why put up a new thread then bugger off. If you put up a new thread hang around for replies no?

It's totally pointless behaviour and absolutely not for me.

However I think fans just want to see evidence of a plan and evidence of players caring. On the 2nd point I think fans often mistake lack of ability for lack of effort and I just think we can't play the way we were told we would be playing. We just look devoid of any coherent plan. Allan was garbage today but I think the booing was as much aimed at the bizarre decision to play him where we did as it was at the sub itself.

I go to games to support, not boo my team. I wish it was just a tiny minority but that was a sizeable number today. When that starts then it never, ever ends well for a manager. He's on borrowed time.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Agree - it stemmed from a player who was garbage all game and offered no defensive cover, during a period we were getting over run

Good player Allan is, hes not bullet proof - changes were designed to take back some grip in midfield

I posted in match thread that the balance is wrong in midfield - I actually think our biggest problem is Vela not being up to speed and totally knackered by 60 odd minutes, allied to the folk alongside him being inept defensively

Anyway - Heckinbottom will likely be gone in a few months....even if he turns things round there will always be a decent section of the support waiting to wail at the first sign of trouble

They booed the manager and his decisions, that was plainly obvious.

Wonder what Ron made of it all?

We booed our own substitution and cheered one of theirs. Mental, whatever way you look at it.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Nothing to do with support. We went with a back 9 for the last 15mins and just waited for them to pile on the pressure.

Midfield that Hecky has assembled is mince . Apart from his shots Mallan is a passenger. You'll find it difficult to find two subs that have come on and played worse than Horgan and Slivka. Allan and Doidge being taken off deserved the boos. This only ends with Hecky turning it around or him walking, he seems inept tbh.

Anyhoos, werent folk booing due to the poor subs, rather than the team itself?
    Playing SA out of position doesnae help the cause??

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    There’s always a tipping point, and unfortunately for Heckingbottom his Hibs career looks like it will run consistently close to that.

Embarrassing performance from team as well

If you think that was toxic you'd probably best sit out the rest of the season because all signs point to things getting much, much worse.

Disgusting stuff. Hope the booers don't come back. Football might be back to calderwood days but support certainly is. Away games will be better like they were then, when people actually turn up to support the tea.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hecky is done if that’s the reception he’s getting for a relatively innocuous change.

was you at the game!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    They booed the manager and his decisions, that was plainly obvious.
    They booed the players. That was plainly obvious.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Hecky is done if that’s the reception he’s getting for a relatively innocuous change.
    He’s be aswell packing it in. He’s on a hiding to nothing. Another win today would still have been met with booing and calls for his head.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Disgusting stuff. Hope the booers don't come back. Football might be back to calderwood days but support certainly is. Away games will be better like they were then, when people actually turn up to support the tea.
    If the booers don't come back, half the stadium will be empty.

The support are reacting to the negative, eye bleeding pish.

Heckingbottom deserves stick, but some senior players are a joke at the moment.

Left by mutual consent!
    Yeah players bottled it and it wasn’t helped by the fans who should be trying to give the players confidence, not take it from them.

Quote Originally Posted by tillguy View Post
    No they never it's was the manager they booed.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tillguy View Post
    The booing was for the subs. Not a doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    So no one can register their disgust at the team selection now, we all just meant to clap along, get real man this team is going nowhere fast. The crowds will drop off fast enough just like the Millar times if this keeps up, do you remember crowds of 7k booing only other way I can suggest to register disagreement with the team is to stay away, perhaps then you would be happy as you would not hear the boo's so loudly.

The stats dont lie,46%hibs 54%saints.hibs 9 shots saints 18.
    Grimm.
    No high press,no energy infact.
    Cant remember for a long time a side like saints dominating us at easter road.
    Even the most postive folk must agree needs a huge turnaround!!

First Team Breakthrough
    So glad i didnt renew my season ticket this year. Just recently retired and not sure i can afford a £50 round trip each game on top of a season ticket Joined Hibs Tv for audio and quite a lot of our games end up on tv . Not missing the negativity of a 2 hour plus drive home and at least i can drown my sorrows with a tea time drink !

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    No they never it's was the manager they booed.
    Middleton got booed when he was coming over to take a corner in the first half.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    The booing was for the subs. Not a doubt about it.
    There was booing a long time before the subs were made. Not a doubt about it.