hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Official Site: CLUB THANKS HIBERNIAN SUPPORTERS

2. Log in to remove the advert

No excuse for anyone who can afford it not to contribute now.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apart from those who only wanted to contribute towards HSL owning the initially stated % to safeguard the club for life?

Left by mutual consent!
    This isn’t going to go down well.

There really is.

It's a pretty big reason as to why I'll be stopping my HSL contribution.

Please tell me this isn't the extent of the "vision statement" we've been waiting on is it???

100 words approx on the club website?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    Please tell me this isn't the extent of the "vision statement" we've been waiting on is it???

Do you think that's it?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

Yes of course, this is clearly the major update that we’ve all been waiting on.

“Pony Up” 😂

@hibs.net private member
    Meltdown in 5, 4,3...

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    There really is.

Presumably you wanted 100% of your dosh going to the share fund then? Why would you not want that money redirected to help things on the pitch? He’s made it clear that’s where the cash will go. I don’t understand why folk wouldn’t want to help their team just because the share option is closed now.

Testimonial Due
    I'm out...it is not for me now.

We will see how ambitious RG is, by next weeks end of window, if JR is given money to spend or not
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Do you think that's it?
    It appears to be - glib and open to interpretation - poses more questions than answers if you ask me... in fact having read it and re-read it, he's only going to put money in we do?

You never give up. Doesn’t matter who’s in charge. I think the answer to your question is pretty obvious. But you knew that anyway.

It appears to be - glib and open to interpretation - poses more questions than answers if you ask me... in fact having read it and re-read it, he's only going to put money in we do?
    I want a mysterious benefactor 😡

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    id say it’s quite a big excuse to stop paying money in

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Presumably you wanted 100% of your dosh going to the share fund then? Why would you not want that money redirected to help things on the pitch? He’s made it clear that’s where the cash will go. I don’t understand why folk wouldn’t want to help their team just because the share option is closed now.
    I can understand it while there's uncertainty (or at least a lack of clarity) on which direction we're headed under Ron Gordon.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This isn’t going to go down well.
    It will grow arms and legs but that’s unfortunately what happens when you don’t try to control the narrative as the void will always be filled by someone else.

The club I would imagine won’t be too happy at the timing of the statement by HSL.

Surely this is old news.

Why are some people getting so het up about it?

You never give up. Doesn’t matter who’s in charge. I think the answer to your question is pretty obvious. But you knew that anyway.
    Is it really obvious Tamig?

We've barely heard a cheep from the guy and now we get tossed a bun in the shape of a platitude-riven statement to quell the restless natives, or indeed to soften us up for another transfer window unheralded by any signings that has a whiff of ambition about them?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Surely this is old news.

Why are some people getting so het up about it?
    To be honest I like the idea as I was never really happy with fan ownership but the timing is unbelievably bogging.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I'm not sure how to respond to this. You think Hibs have communicated their vision for the future of the club in a couple of paragraphs about the decision to stop further share purchases?

The quotes are to give context to the decision, not to set out a way forward.

I'm sure you mentioned that you had a degree in English iirc, but (no offence) you seem to really struggle with interpreting or at least contextualising some fairly basic statements.

There really is.

I'm the opposite.

I was told when HSL held its vote that my contribution would go entirely how I wanted it to, which in my case was the playing budget.

After the result of the vote it became clear that all contributions would be split in accordance with the voting proportions, which makes sense from an administrative point of view but directly contradicted what I'd been told. So I cancelled my contribution and the playing budget only lost 65%. I wasn't happy about the other 35% being sat on until used to buy existing shares which provides no benefit to the club, unlike the HSL share purchases.

I'll restart if all the money is going into the playing budget.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

It's not as simple as that. It's about accountability.

I buy a ST. For that I expect to watch 90 minutes of football when Hibs are at home. There are obviously other perks but that's essentially it.

Likewise if I go to Tesco and buy a loaf of bread and a pint of milk I'd expect exactly that. However if someone was then standing at the end of the till every time I visited asking for a tenner to fund the 'food department' I'd have a few questions and expect a degree of control over how my money was spent.

Why is a football club any different? I've been an enthusiastic supporter of HSL, to the extent I was personally threatened on more than one occasion. However this just removes all accountability. Previously the money all went to the football department but it was in return for shares thus giving HSL contributors a voice through the acquisition of said shares. Now the club expects the same fans to continue to hand over money but they are removing that voice, the ability to hold those running the club to account and the ability to influence decision making. If people are happy with that then fine. I'm not.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    The underlying problem is fan ownership for a club that doesn't have international following or the threat of oblivion hanging over them, is a pipe dream.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    It's not as simple as that. It's about accountability.

I buy a ST. For that I expect to watch 90 minutes of football when Hibs are at home. There are obviously other perks but that's essentially it.

Likewise if I go to Tesco and buy a loaf of bread and a pint of milk I'd expect exactly that. However if someone was then standing at the end of the till every time I visited asking for a tenner to fund the 'food department' I'd have a few questions and expect a degree of control over how my money was spent.

Why is a football club any different? I've been an enthusiastic supporter of HSL, to the extent I was personally threatened on more than one occasion. However this just removes all accountability. Previously the money all went to the football department but it was in return for shares thus giving HSL contributors a voice through the acquisition of said shares. Now the club expects the same fans to continue to hand over money but they are removing that voice, the ability to hold those running the club to account and the ability to influence decision making. If people are happy with that then fine. I'm not.
    The fans will always have a voice and will always be able to hold those running the club to account. That will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    To be honest I like the idea as I was never really happy with fan ownership but the timing is unbelievably bogging.

OK, I suppose with people desperate to hear RG's plans for the club.

I'm not convinced he really has any but happy to be proven wrong.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    It will grow arms and legs but that’s unfortunately what happens when you don’t try to control the narrative as the void will always be filled by someone else.

The club I would imagine won’t be too happy at the timing of the statement by HSL.
    I agree.

HSL was probably waiting for the Masterplan to be released by now though, at least they are being true to the investors.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The fans will always have a voice and will always be able to hold those running the club to account. That will never change.
    In a meaningful way? Call me sceptical.

Short of whitholding our money by not attending games, which a hardcore (including myself) will never do, there is little we can do to influence how the current or future custodians of the club run the business.