hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Newell should be one of everybody's favourites to be fair.
    There’s times he is frustrating as he slows the tempo down a lot but it was clear today how much we missed him.

Better player than he’s given credit for (including from me at times)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    If you're not going to even feature in a game that's crying out for your talent then what's the point.

Any one of the midfield three (probably Gogic) should have made way for Allan at half time at the latest.

We're wasting our most creative player.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    If you're not going to even feature in a game that's crying out for your talent then what's the point.

Any one of the midfield three (probably Gogic) should have made way for Allan at half time at the latest.

We're wasting our most creative player.
    Without any changes we then went on to dominate the 2nd half and should have had the game sewn up with the chances we created

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    There’s times he is frustrating as he slows the tempo down a lot but it was clear today how much we missed him.

Better player than he’s given credit for (including from me at times)
    My point is though that last season he was out injured for a spell and was brought straight back in when fit. I wasn’t alone in thinking he wasn’t great when he returned,but he was continually selected. The same is happening this season with McGinn, albeit we don’t have much competition for his position.

There are certain players the manager has total belief in and will allow them to play through some poor form.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Without any changes we then went on to dominate the 2nd half and should have had the game sewn up with the chances we created

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    We should have. I'm not saying we weren't the better team. We clearly were and Gogic was actually better second half. I still think Allan should be playing in these kind of games when you know the teams going to sit back and flood the midfield.

Missed chance for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Agree with a lot of that except the bit about him sitting tight. I think he’ll be looking to move this season whether on loan or permanently. For all the criticism he’s received at times for being all about the money he’s consistently pushed for loan moves when he’s not been getting game time at his parent clubs. Given his health issues and the resulting missed games I don’t expect him to retire any time soon
    His history does indeed indicate that Scott will be speaking to Ross and pushing for a loan move.
    A loan move works for Scott because he will get to play and importantly for him, will also get all of his Hibs wage.
    However, unless the loan club is making a significant contribution to his wage there is nothing in it for Hibs and that's the reason Scott will end up sitting tight.
    Similarly, no way he will go anywhere on a permanent unless we pay him off so again nothing in it for Hibs if he wants paid up.
    Hibs and Scott are trapped by his contract. A player on say £4k a week who no team would pay more than £1k a week for so Hibs likely to keep him as a playing option just in case he is needed.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 22-08-2021 at 02:44 PM.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    His history does indeed indicate that Scott will be speaking to Ross and pushing for a loan move.
    A loan move works for Scott because he will get to play and importantly for him, will also get all of his Hibs wage.
    However, unless the loan club is making a significant contribution to his wage there is nothing in it for Hibs and that's the reason Scott will end up sitting tight.
    Similarly, no way he will go anywhere on a permanent unless we pay him off so again nothing in it for Hibs if he wants paid up.
    Hibs and Scott are trapped by his contract. A player on say £4k a week who no team would pay more than £1k a week for so Hibs likely to keep him as a playing option just in case he is needed.
    how long is his contract?

I have my doubts that he will still be here at the end of the window.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    I think Scott Allan staying with us is down to reasons other than his Hibs wage. Bizarre to suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    how long is his contract?
    This is his last season

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    I think Scott Allan staying with us is down to reasons other than his Hibs wage. Bizarre to suggest otherwise.
    You are replying to one post out of context hence it appears bizarre.
    It is the last part of a discussion with poster Jeffers.
    If you look back in the thread you will see the earlier parts of the conversation between us and hopefully that will allow you to add something meaningful to the discussion.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    My honest opinion is yes, they were wrong. I personally don’t think he was excellent that night against Arsenal at all.

I was at the Raith game, I don’t remember him playing that night but I think he might have played?

I’m sorry, for me, he’s lost that wee burst that used to take him past players and I think he looks slow and sluggish.

Scott Allan has been getting written off his whole life, I absolutely wouldn’t bet against him coming back and proving the doubters wrong. Right now though, I think Jack Ross is right to look at other options.

Fwiw I could see Allan adjusting his game and coming back a different type of player.

Yes I do wonder if he could play a bit deeper, perhaps as a direct replacement for Newell yesterday.

Scott is not much of a tackler but he has shown he can close down opponents effectively and he reads the game well.

Scotty Just a fantastic player. Why anyone would wish him away is beyond me.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    He’s played barely any football in two to three years and I think we need to accept that the Scott Allan that we remember may not be the Scott Allan that Jack Ross is working with.
    Excellent description of what might be the case. Hopefully Scott can somehow get his mojo back!

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    He's not looked fit to be when he's Cameron, looks overweight aswell.
    He should try being Messi instead of Cameron then!! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    He should try being Messi instead of Cameron then!! ��
    I'm not sure anyone ever aspired to being Ian Cameron.

Think he was a Duffy signing?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

To be honest, I like SA, but, I dont think he will be here by the end of the season, he is hardly playing, been out too long, I think for him a move is best.

If we released Scotty or he became a free agent I would put money on Aberdeen snapping him up.

Everyone knows how good a player he can be on his day, we should be doing everything we can to get him back to that level.

In fairness, he started the season as the first pick in the role behind the striker.

A red card in the first game meant he was subbed and Magennis brought on who done very well. Allan was then injured for the next game.

Magennis continued to perform well.

Allan then couldn’t travel to our away leg in Europe.

He can’t have any arguments yet as Magennis has been doing very well. Against Dundee he was never getting on whilst we were winning 2-1, Ross always goes for the safe approach at this score which is fair enough.

Once he gets his chance he needs to take it.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Scotty Just a fantastic player. Why anyone would wish him away is beyond me.
    I think the thing is he was a brilliant player. now just not got the pace for some reason . I'm sure the reason he does not play is in training the other midfielders are fitter and quicker. He will get caught on the ball.
    Loved the guy but a move away might be best there is no way another contract will be offered .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    I think the thing is he was a brilliant player. now just not got the pace for some reason . I'm sure the reason he does not play is in training the other midfielders are fitter and quicker. He will get caught on the ball.
    Loved the guy but a move away might be best there is no way another contract will be offered .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    😂

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Was there not talk of a new contract last week?

I'm sure we could have loaned him out to Inverness again if we really wanted which suggests he's part of Jack Ross' plans. I think he'll play a bit part role, but a role none the less.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I'm not sure anyone ever aspired to being Ian Cameron.

Think he was a Duffy signing?
    It was actually Alex Miller that signed Ian Cameron along with Brian Welsh. Pre-season quality signings!

Quote Originally Posted by Inconsequential View Post
    It was actually Alex Miller that signed Ian Cameron along with Brian Welsh. Pre-season quality signings!
    Indeed. From memory they signed the day before the first league game of the season and needed a wee bit time to ‘bed in’. Not sure either of them reached that goal though.

Brian Welsh was like watching Bambi on drugs.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Swapped David Farrell and Gareth Evans for Cameron ( Partick Thistle)

Dearie me

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    Indeed. From memory they signed the day before the first league game of the season and needed a wee bit time to ‘bed in’. Not sure either of them reached that goal though.

Brian Welsh was like watching Bambi on drugs.
    I was delighted when we signed Welsh, had looked impressive coming through at Utd, and we spent a fair amount of cash on him, IIRC. Pretty sure he also claimed that we mismanaged an injury that affected him very badly.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Swapped David Farrell and Gareth Evans for Cameron ( Partick Thistle)

Dearie me
    Think he missed a sitter against hearts always stuck in my mind with the purple carlsberg strip

I can't even remember Cameron. Welsh was pish, I remember him right enough.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    he looked a tad podgy in the photo i saw of him at training the other day, shame a great wee footballer

Will be amazed if Allan is not away before the window closes. Agree with comments that, sadly, Scotty is not likely to get a new deal, especially as Jack shows little appetite to play him.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    he looked a tad podgy in the photo i saw of him at training the other day, shame a great wee footballer
    Highly doubt that, given that a mere 4 weeks ago he was looking the most stacked I've seen him.