hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone think that Rangers might make a move for him?

Their fans were certainly very keen on him on one of their visits to Easter Road.
    Don't see why not, same goes for Aberdeen and Hearts.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Their fans were certainly very keen on him on one of their visits to Easter Road.
    I’ll be very surprised if he doesn’t sign for Rangers.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Of course he wouldn't. Even though we don't know what happened in August, Hibs have sickened him.

If there was any carry on, it was definitely from Hibs'. It always is. Rod Petrie to be precise.

No other team has ever moved the goalposts or behaved irrationally or been uncooperative. FACT.

Can't blame the boy for steering clear of the basket case that is Hibernian Football Club, however you pronounce it.
    Explain exactly how you know what goes on behind closed doors at Easter Road .

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcd View Post
    Not serious. He was just being.... Well, Hibbyradge really...
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by surreyhibbie View Post
    Not serious. He was just being.... Well, Hibbyradge really...
    What can I say

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcd View Post

"No other team has ever moved the goalposts or behaved irrationally or been uncooperative. FACT."

I can't spell it out any more obviously except from saying, "This post isn't true".
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 10-10-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

"No other team has ever moved the goalposts or behaved irrationally or been uncooperative. FACT."

I can't spell it out any more obviously except from saying, "This post isn't true".
    I disagree.

Blog Entries

If it comes down to staying in Scotland, I think his order of preference will be Sevco ( more money), Hibs ( best chance of footballing opportunities and ‘fitting in’), Aberdeen and Jambos - possibly but unlikely.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    Is this a "Whoosh" moment?

Nah I’m on point (and also been working hard so missed all the nonsense that got posted here this afternoon).

Anyhoo... it’s obvious to me that both Scott Allan and Leigh Griffiths should be wearing a Hibs shirt come January, but apparently the world doesn’t always work the way you want it to.

Be pretty annoying if he goes to rangers, but money talks & he supports them so it seems likely. I think the summer was our moment to get him... wonder what actually happened?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Nah I’m on point (and also been working hard so missed all the nonsense that got posted here this afternoon).

Anyhoo... it’s obvious to me that both Scott Allan and Leigh Griffiths should be wearing a Hibs shirt come January, but apparently the world doesn’t always work the way you want it to.
    Unfortunately Leigh is not in the fringe player/ surplus to requirements bracket..........yet

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I’ll be very surprised if he doesn’t sign for Rangers.
    There’s no way Celtic will be letting him go to Rangers if they can help it. More likely to release him to a specific club in January than let him leave in the summer to their biggest rivals.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Be pretty annoying if he goes to rangers, but money talks & he supports them so it seems likely. I think the summer was our moment to get him... wonder what actually happened?
    I genuinely can't see Rangers going for him, though they definitely should be. Mixture 9f their ego not letting g them be seen to be taking a Celtic cast off and thinking they're better than they are, therefore too good for Allan, will mean they steer clear in my opinion.

If I was Allan I'd be very wary too. There is a section of their support who will never back him regardless, if he doesn't hit the ground running then that number goes exponentially, plus he loses another two us years of football when he should be getting capped for the national team.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Hopefully, we will see him in our team next season. We have been stung before by signing players who are not match fit and then expecting them to hit the ground running. Right now , keeping Hyndman until the season end and bringing in Allan in the summer might be a better option. I think that Allan knows that this best chance of playing regularly in a good team, is with us and he may need to hang on a bit.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    If Celtic are having a fire sale and SAs contract can be terminated or bought out cheaply we should certainly pull out all the stops in January.
    The ball would then be in SAs court
    The question then is”Will he come?”

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    I genuinely can't see Rangers going for him, though they definitely should be. Mixture 9f their ego not letting g them be seen to be taking a Celtic cast off and thinking they're better than they are, therefore too good for Allan, will mean they steer clear in my opinion.

If I was Allan I'd be very wary too. There is a section of their support who will never back him regardless, if he doesn't hit the ground running then that number goes exponentially, plus he loses another two us years of football when he should be getting capped for the national team.
    I'm only speculating, but I don't think Gerard would want him purely because he rarely manages to play 90 minutes.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Hopefully, we will see him in our team next season. We have been stung before by signing players who are not match fit and then expecting them to hit the ground running. Right now , keeping Hyndman until the season end and bringing in Allan in the summer might be a better option. I think that Allan knows that this best chance of playing regularly in a good team, is with us and he may need to hang on a bit.
    Anyone ITK on the score on the Hyndman deal? Option/likelihood of a season-long extension? Option to buy a la Kambo?
    The way he is improving and slotting in, allied with Slivka's improved form, if there was any chance of a permanent deal on Hyndo I don't think we would go for SA.
    Or is a perm deal just a rocket-launched pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by horseflesh View Post
    There is nothing in Scott Allan’s history to show that he won’t sign for the highest salary he can get, in fact his previous suggests that is exactly what he will do
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    That is what everyone on planet earth does with very few exceptions.
    Scott Allan will be 27 in November. If he does follow the money again as seems likely given his previous form he will be well on the way to becoming one of Scotland's richest forgotten footballers. He has singularly failed to make an impact at any club he has signed for or been loaned to since leaving Dundee United, with one obvious exception

The only club he has ever been of value to is Hibs in two successful spells, why that is is hard to put your finger on, but its a fact. If he has any ambition to end his career with something to show for his undoubted ability outside of a healthy bank balance then Hibs should a no brainer for him … On top of that, if he has any idea of what's going on at Hibs he must be aware that we have Hyndman in midfield who will return to Bournemouth in January and Slivka who has struggled to establish himself. If he has any faith in his own ability and any ambition to win something he must look at that situation as an open door to walk into the midfield of one of Scotland's biggest clubs, a club he already knows is a good fit for him.

If however he is happy to sign for some bunch of cloggers in the lower reaches of the EFL or become a makeweight at the likes of Sevco for a few extra grand a week then hell mend him, he clearly isn't worth the bother.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 11-10-2018 at 10:57 AM.

I don’t think thats realistic
    you think he’ll just sit around doing nothing for six months after being released?

I don’t see any evidence that he gives a monkey’s whether he plays regularly or not.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    I don’t think thats realistic
    you think he’ll just sit around doing nothing for six months after being released?
    No idea but I don't think that he would get in our team just now. He could sign a short deal for first team football and then come to us next season?

I don’t see any evidence that he gives a monkey’s whether he plays regularly or not.
    Have a look at his reaction when he scored in the Natural Order derby game.

He's been out on loan 8 times during his career. Does that not suggest he wants to earn, but if he can't play for the team that pays most of his wages then he's keen to go elsewhere to play?

He has his faults, but I think you're doing him a bit of a disservice there.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    There's a lot of negatives on this thread about Scott that there's little real evidence to back up. I can't decide if people are still bitter he left us first time round or are just playing down their expectations of him coming back so they aren't disappointed if he doesn't (with added bonus of "told you so" posts)

I would love to see Scott back in a Hibs jersey. If he signs in January and his first game is an away Scottish Cup Tie at some obscure venue I'll be busting a gut to be there. Some of my best recent moments ( Cup Final apart obviously) watching Hibs have been watching Scotty play for us.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    When Scott Allan returned to us in the last January window his transition into the side was seamless. He was accepted by the fans as if he had never been away. You could tell by the look on his face and the sweat on his shirt that he enjoyed being back where he belongs
    Haste ye back Scotty Boy there is more work to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    There's a lot of negatives on this thread about Scott that there's little real evidence to back up. I can't decide if people are still bitter he left us first time round or are just playing down their expectations of him coming back so they aren't disappointed if he doesn't (with added bonus of "told you so" posts)

Scotty was expecting to join us this summer and wages had been agreed but circumstances outwith his control stopped it happening, he's a decent lad and he'll be the 1st to agree he's made poor choices in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post

Scotty was expecting to join us this summer and wages had been agreed but circumstances outwith his control stopped it happening, he's a decent lad and he'll be the 1st to agree he's made poor choices in his career.
    His best chance of getting back to playing football and enjoying it, is with us and I think that he knows that.

He wants to play for Rangers.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    He wants to play for Rangers.
    Just a shame for wee Scotty that they don’t want him to play for them.