hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess it's because they keep saying the same things over and over again.
    Anyway, I won't be opening it again, which I guess is the sensible solution
    I'm just reading it now just in case someone loses the plot, which probably doesn't reflect very well on me! 😆

2. Log in to remove the advert

If this thread is closed as well it will only be a matter of time until the next Griffiths thread then the next one after that. Better just letting it run.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I don't, i cant see anything wrong here with what people of both sides are saying, just because you dont like what you see, doesn't mean it should be shoved under the carpet and hidden.
    I agree but it should be in one of the general discussion forums.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    My view for what its worth is leigh needs some help a bit like a gambler addict .People can say and offer whatever advice the want but if the brain is not computing the words then its hopeless.
    Leigh first and formost needs out of Celtic . He needs out of social media platforms. He needs to attend weekly help ,in whatever form that is.
    He is not a guilty man of any wrong doing ,guilty of being immiture a bit silly? Yes i think that could be levelled at him.
    The big question would you want him at hibs .
    Reading mathies comments on what he wants from incoming players i dont think he fits his template so our hopes and desires dont really count.
    This feels so much like riorden and oconner such a shame to end this way.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    My view for what its worth is leigh needs some help a bit like a gambler addict .People can say and offer whatever advice the want but if the brain is not computing the words then its hopeless.
    Leigh first and formost needs out of Celtic . He needs out of social media platforms. He needs to attend weekly help ,in whatever form that is.
    He is not a guilty man of any wrong doing ,guilty of being immiture a bit silly? Yes i think that could be levelled at him.
    Reading mathies comments on what he wants from incoming players i dont think he fits his template so our hopes and desires dont really count.

Cannae remember Riordan or O'connor chasing wee lassies.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Cannae remember Riordan or O'connor chasing wee lassies.
    Who was chasing anybody?

LG liked a photo, hinted for more, doesn't get more, leaves it at that.

No way to tell that the girl is young based on the photo, girl also confirms he didn't know what age she was.

Get a grip.

Blog Entries
    Like quite a few on here, I am surprised at the number who have tried to normalise and shrug off Griffiths’ sleazy behaviour. Legality, ignorance of age etc. aside, his behaviour, for a man, presumably committed to his partner and children, was awful. A trawl of Celtic forums suggests that his actions are condemned almost unanimously and his future there must be doubtful at best. I hope that, if and when he gets the boot from Celtic, we are well back in the queue to seek his services. Beast ....... no: idiot ....... undoubtedly.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Like quite a few on here, I am surprised at the number who have tried to normalise and shrug off Griffiths’ sleazy behaviour. Legality, ignorance of age etc. aside, his behaviour, for a man, presumably committed to his partner and children, was awful. A trawl of Celtic forums suggests that his actions are condemned almost unanimously and his future there must be doubtful at best. I hope that, if and when he gets the boot from Celtic, we are well back in the queue to seek his services. Beast ....... no: idiot ....... undoubtedly.
    I haven't seen anyone on here condoning his behaviour.

Coaching Staff
    So where do you draw the line on the morals and behaviour of footballers?

You think all our current players are angels?

Most people can accept that his behaviour isn’t the best but quite a few don’t think it has a huge bearing on whether or not he should be employed as a footballer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I haven't seen anyone on here condoning his behaviour.
    I didn’t say anyone condoned his behaviour.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    So where do you draw the line on the morals and behaviour of footballers?

You think all our current players are angels?

Most people can accept that his behaviour isn’t the best but quite a few don’t think it has a huge bearing on whether or not he should be employed as a footballer.

Our best player put hundreds of peoples lives at risk whilst drink driving. Yet here we are, singing his name and talking about how much of a legend he is.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I didn’t say anyone condoned his behaviour.
    Taking what you say at face value though Jim, we shouldn’t employ any players who have been unfaithful to their partners. Or a manager for that matter ?

He certainly seems to be spiralling out of control. Almost like he's hitting the self destruct button which must be very concerning to his Mrs and children. I think Riordan and O'Connor would take umbrage to being likened to Griffiths though. Both had their very obvious faults but don't think they were chasing 16 year olds on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    He certainly seems to be spiralling out of control. Almost like he's hitting the self destruct button which must be very concerning to his Mrs and children. I think Riordan and O'Connor would take umbrage to being likened to Griffiths though. Both had their very obvious faults but don't think they were chasing 16 year olds on Instagram.
    You could argue that some of what O’Connor did is much worse than anything LG has ever done…

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Taking what you say at face value though Jim, we shouldn’t employ any players who have been unfaithful to their partners. Or a manager for that matter ?
    I admit to not knowing the exact facts of Griffiths’ behaviour in this case, but I think it was more than having a ‘bit on the side.’

I admit to not knowing the exact facts of Griffiths’ behaviour in this case, but I think it was more than having a ‘bit on the side.’
    In this case no Jim. He requested pics of a young woman, no more than that.

Blog Entries
    In this case no Jim. He requested pics of a young woman, no more than that.
    If it was as innocent as wanting a few pics, he could have done it more discreetly and easier for himself by buying a copy of Playboy.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

Our best player put hundreds of peoples lives at risk whilst drink driving. Yet here we are, singing his name and talking about how much of a legend he is.
    What Boyle did was much worse than anything Leigh has done, but the difference to me is that it appears that Boyle has learned from the mistake he made at 24 and grown up, at least I can't think of him getting himself in trouble since then?

Leigh on the other hand is now is his 30s and is still making stupid mistakes, I don't think he should be sacked for what he has done, but I can get Celtic fan's frustration with him and honestly I wouldn't want him back at Hibs cause I think it's only a matter of time until he would create another unneeded distraction

If it was as innocent as wanting a few pics, he could have done it more discreetly and easier for himself by buying a copy of Playboy.
    It’s the digital age Jim !

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

You do know that Leigh got plenty of help from Celtc in his dark times and he is still being stupid, a crap way to repay the club that pays your wages, he seems to have problems but don’t we all, some of us don’t get the help he is getting but he is still acting like he is 18, not a nice thing to be doing when he has a long term girlfriend who has had her own problems of late.
    No, don’t want him at Hibs anymore, injured again, no pre season with club, probably hence injury, will be surprised if he gets used much by Ang who must be thinking what a mistake I made resigning him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ElginHibbie View Post
    What Boyle did was much worse than anything Leigh has done, but the difference to me is that it appears that Boyle has learned from the mistake he made at 24 and grown up, at least I can't think of him getting himself in trouble since then?

Leigh on the other hand is now is his 30s and is still making stupid mistakes, I don't think he should be sacked for what he has done, but I can get Celtic fan's frustration with him and honestly I wouldn't want him back at Hibs cause I think it's only a matter of time until he would create another unneeded distraction
    I think this is the crux of the matter. The reflected bad press a club gets from the iffy behaviour of ‘wayward’ employees is bad news and to be avoided.

Blog Entries
    It’s the digital age Jim !
    D’you know, when I wrote that, I thought you’ld be thinking I’m showing my age.

D’you know, when I wrote that, I thought you’ld be thinking I’m showing my age.
    Easily done Jim, I still refer to “videoing” a tv show when in reality it’s recorded on my Sky box.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    So you keep saying. Not that he knew it wasn’t illegal as you’ve already said he had no idea her age. He wasn’t bothered about her age. As I’ve said on that front he’s a very lucky man. It’s still creepy and beastly though.
    I've stayed away from this for a bit as it just goes round and round like a few other recent threads.

Can you just explain to me please, what does "beastly" mean in your book? You use the term a lot.
    Last edited by tamig; 27-07-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    ‘Thought’ - not a great argument. He’s very lucky seeing as he never knew her age, she could’ve been any age. He’s lucky she was a few months above legal age. Others haven’t been so lucky. I’ll reiterate, he’s 30, she was school age. Creep!
    Do older guys who go out with 18 year old schoolgirls - or 18 year old girls in general - get classed as creeps in your book? When does the age gap become acceptable - because age gaps between couples are pretty common? And as others have stated, what relevance does their schooling status have to do with anything?
    Last edited by tamig; 27-07-2021 at 04:01 PM.

You'll be firing up the Betamax next....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Do older guys who go out with 18 year old schoolgirls get classed as creeps in your book? When does the age gap become acceptable - because age gaps between couples are pretty common?
    Half your age plus 7 is ok I'm told

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Do older guys who go out with 18 year old schoolgirls get classed as creeps in your book? When does the age gap become acceptable - because age gaps between couples are pretty common?
    Very good question, at what age does the age gap become acceptable. We have friends down South who have been together for 20+ years, he's now 62 and she's about 44, 18 year age gap. He was twice her age when they got together but have 2 kids and are still very happily married. Now if she was just 16 and he was 36, he'd be looked upon as a creep but because she was around 22-23 ish is was more of a tut tut scenario. The problem I see is at 16ish, they're still wee lassies, yes body wise all grown up but mentally still young and susceptible and easily prayed upon, not all are like this but many are still innocent to an extent.
    Leigh's been stupid, will he learn who knows, he's 30 now but still acting the daft lad, needs to grow up.

@hibs.net private member
    Easily done Jim, I still refer to “videoing” a tv show when in reality it’s recorded on my Sky box.
    Ha! Just realised I say “taping” 😖

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Anybody reading this far is now doing the math.....